Search the best hotels in Chatham
A Cape Cod classic, Chatham is a charming seaside village popular with couples, groups and families looking to unwind at the beach, to embark upon myriad activities, or to visit intriguing heritage sites. Accommodation options range from simple B&Bs to gorgeous luxury inns, fit for a whole host of tastes and budgets. Many of the best places to stay in Chatham are within walking distance of both the village centre and the beach — this is a superb spot for a scenic stroll!
Clustered around historic Main Street are a plethora of boutiques and eateries housed in appealing heritage buildings and perfect for relaxed explorers. Pick a perch for a coffee, admire some souvenirs, or grab an ice cream as you continue towards the coast.
With sixty miles of picturesque Cape Cod coastline, Chatham boasts a whole array of excellent beaches for ambles, sandcastle-building, sunbathing and swimming. Popular spots include Hardings Beach, Lighthouse Beach and Oyster Pond Beach, the latter of which is set in an inlet of Nantucket Sound. Expect heaps of opportunities to sail and kayak out on the water, as well as hiking and cycling paths aplenty.
Wildlife lovers will adore the Monomoy National Wildlife Refuge, the Chatham Marconi Maritime Center and the Chatham Shark Center, whilst culture aficionados should head to Chatham Light. Watching the evening catch come in at Chatham Fish Pier is very special — especially as you spot seals circling the boats.
Evenings in Chatham can be lively or laid-back, depending on what you're after. There's a wide range of eateries to sample, many of which serve fabulous fresh seafood in spectacular surroundings — ideal for romantic dinners. Whether you're in town as a family or honemyooning in this Massachusetts gem, the best places to stay in Chatham promise a characterful, intimate stay. They also fill up fast, so book well in advance to avoid missing out!
The Best Places to Stay in Chatham
For a Seaside Luxury
- Chatham Bars Inn promises luxurious, contemporary rooms, suites and cottages with striking ocean views. Set right on the beach, the resort features tennis courts, a swimming pool and a rejuvenating spa, as well as easy access to a whole host of further activities — from sailing to golf. There are also great children's programmes. An elegant seaside stay for couples, groups and families.
- Carriage House Inn is a charming, adults-only spot for those looking to unwind in tranquil, intimate surroundings. With just six white-and-blue rooms, characterful shared areas and lovely gardens, this is a great base for kicking back or exploring the village of Chatham. Built in 1850, the property also has a fascinating heritage. Quiet, calm and historic.
- Old Harbor Inn offers 12 comfortable rooms in a lovingly restored 1930s B&B, ideal for a couples' getaway near the centre of Chatham. Highlights include big breakfasts, afternoon snacks, and cheese and wine in the evenings. Two rooms do have sofa beds for an extra guest, but this pretty hotel, with its English Country-style interiors, feels most suited to couples.
- Captain's House Inn is a superb white-painted property with green shutters, hidden within mature gardens. Deemed to be one of the most romantic inns in the area, the property features 16 rooms with period furnishings, rich textiles and lots of charm. Although children over the age of ten are welcome, the laid-back vibe makes this a popular couples' holiday, honeymoon or wedding choice.
- Chatham Gables Inn promises an indulgent couples' escape — complete with in-room chocolates and couples' massages — as well as gorgeous guestrooms featuring roaring fireplaces and steam showers. Savour homemade breakfasts in the historic property's garden and stroll to the coast or village with ease. Very romantic.
- Queen Anne Inn is an attractive, colonial-style property within easy walking distance of Oyster Pond Beach, a family-friendly swimming spot. The inn itself offers beautifully-appointed rooms with flexible options for couples, families and groups. The gardens are ideal for children to play, and the outdoor pool is the perfect spot to relax. A summer B&B haven.
- Chatham Seafarer Inn caters to couples, groups and families. Nestled just half a mile from the coast, steps from bike trails and within walking distance of historic Main Street, this is a great pick for active travellers. Families will appreciate the spacious rooms — though we'd recommend the Beach Cottage for extra privacy — as well as the heated outdoor pool. The inn does not serve food, but there are in-room fridges for snacks and myriad good restaurants nearby.
- Chatham Wayside Inn is a sumptuous Cape Cod classic, with pretty New England interiors — wood panelling and paisley prints included — as well as fabulous food, a heated swimming pool and a gym. Whilst there's plenty to appeal to couples, this is also a very family-friendly choice, offering flexible room configuations to suit everyone.
For an apartment or holiday cottage
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Hyannis Airport, and take a bus or taxi to Chatham. The journey should take a little over an hour by bus, and 30 minutes by car. Alternatively, travel to Boston's Logan International Airport, just 1.5 hours away.
- Massachusetts is great for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel during the summer months (June to August) for the warmest weather, but do be aware that this is peak season. Come in the spring (April - May) or autumn (September - October) for fewer crowds and great hotel deals. Expect very cold winters!
STILL NOT SURE?
- Browse our list of the best places to stay in Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard.
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Massachusetts.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Chatham
Best Hotels in Chatham
Chatham Seafarer Inn Chatham 22 rooms from £124Beach Life - Walk easily to Cape Cod’s famous Ridgevale Beach. Hardings Beach and Cockle Cove Beach are within a mile of the propertyLocal exploring - The location means you're walking distance to beaches and restaurants, with the town centre a short drive awayFamilies - Located down the road, cosy two-bedroom Beach Cottage offers kitchenette, living and dining areasValue chic - A fab option for those looking for longer stays with self-catered options close to the beach
Cape Cod inn and cottage walking distance to the sea. Recently remodelled rooms feel fresh and modern with a soft take on the classic nautical colour palette. Enjoy pool, gardens, BBQs and sit-out furniture. Stand-alone Beach Cottage is fantastic; a private path leads to a stunning beach in minutes. See More
Chatham Bars Inn Chatham (Massachusetts) 217 rooms from £169Sailing - Charter one of the hotel sailing boatsTennis - Ocean side tennis courtsSights nearby - Whale WatchingKayaking - Chatham Harbor
Luxurious seaside hotel with an elegant nautical feel offering ocean view suites, contemporary bedrooms and private beach-front cottages. A smart evening dining area with fine cuisine and romantic sunset views. Activities to suit all the family at this refined seafront resort. See More
Captain's House Inn Chatham 16 rooms from £156Sailing - Chatham Classic Yacht Charters will take you for a sea journey aboard one of their restored old world schooners.Great walks - Visit Monomoy National Wildlife Refuge- 7,604 acres with varied habitats of oceans, salt and freshwater marshes.Fishing - Rockin' Robin fishing charters offers fishing charters, sunset cruises and sightseeing tours on Cape Cod Bay.Tennis - There are several tennis courts located in Chatham, which are open to the public free of charge.
This historic B&B will transport you to another era, where High Tea is served at four o'clock and your every need is taken care of. The decor is an eclectic mix of antique furnishings, opulent wallpapers, four poster beds, and contemporary comforts. The perfect romantic escape! See More
Queen Anne Inn Chatham 31 rooms from £183Beach Life - It's less than 10 mins on foot to family-friendly Oyster Pond beach with white-sand, swimming, lifeguards and space to playRomantic Break - Romantic Country Rooms offer two-person Jacuzzi tubs or private outdoor hot tubs. Garden Rooms feature sunset balconiesLocal exploring - Walk to beaches, the downtown, galleries, restaurants and shops; a perfect base for relaxed exploring on summer daysPrivate Hot Tub - Certain Romantic Country Rooms have outdoor hot tubs for up to four people. These carry an additional charge
Colonial-style inn, cafe and lounge walking distance from the beach. The Victorian exterior is home to various well-appointed room types; many have speciality tubs and balconies. Spacious multi-terrace garden, patio and outdoor pool make this a summer haven. Works for romance, friends or families. See More
Carriage House Inn, Chatham Chatham 6 rooms from £191Active Holiday - With fishing, kayaking, hiking, golf and whale-watching all avaliable activies, there is something for every adventurer seekerLocal exploring - The inn is the perfect base for discovering the sights in and around ChathamSights nearby - Take a day-trip & Tours via nearby Island Ferries to Nantucket and Martha’s VineyardFishing - Chatham offers sport fishing charters & fly fishing rentals and tours
A charming coastal inn, set in the idyllic fishing village of Chatham. Rooms are stylish and spacious with antique furnishings, gas fireplaces, private garden sitting areas, walk-in glass showers and Jo Malone products. A delicious farm-to-table three course breakfast is served on the porch. See More
Old Harbor Inn Chatham 12 rooms from £193Beach Life - It's walking or driving distance to beautiful New England beaches offering swimming, fishing, surfing, walking and watersportsLocal exploring - The entire area is easy to explore without a car. Stroll to restaurants, shops, theatres, beaches and lighthousesRomantic Break - Choose a room with private fireplace, Jacuzzi tub and cosy seating area for a special occasionGreat walks - There are great walks from the property; head to Chatham Lighthouse, Chatham Fish Pier, Oyster Pond and Mitchell River on foot
1930s Colonial-style home turned B&B close to the water and town centre. Period architectural features blend seamlessly with English Country-style decor; think gabled ceilings, wainscoting, floral wallpapers and gas fires. Enjoy sunny days with generous hosts in the garden, deck, terrace or library. See More
Chatham Wayside Inn Chatham 56 rooms from £215Local exploring - Explore the quaint village; the hotel is just steps from well-preserved Main Street, famous for galleries, shops and restaurantsBeach Life - Walk easily to expansive and scenic South Beach. Cape Cod is known for its wide, wild, sandy beaches that go for milesTotal relaxation - The place for perfect New England summer vacations; sea, sand, swimming pool, outdoor dining & quiet peaceful vibeSights nearby - Take a tour of Stage Harbor Light and Chatham Lighthouse, both are 19th century structures with rich local histories
Quintessential Cape Cod village inn. Well-suited to couples or families with peaceful days and lively dining & after-dinner drinks. Classic New England interiors make for pretty, spacious rooms; think white wood panelling, dual aspect & paisley prints. All just a stroll from the beach. See More
Chatham Gables Inn Chatham 8 rooms from £416Romantic Break - Select the Romantic Getaway Package that includes flowers and chocolates in-room, couples massages and breakfast by candlelightBeach Life - Spend sunny days on Hardings Beach with activites such as volleyball, swimming, kayaking and walking trailsKayaking - Rent a kayak for the day at Hardings beachLocal markets - Visit Chatham's fish market
A romantic, charming and historic B&B, set in one of New England’s most charming coastal villages. Rooms are luxurious and spacious with fireplaces, steam showers and ZENTS Aromatherapy bath amenities. Enjoy a delicious homemade breakfast in the garden. A great choice for a couples' escape. See More