- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
Search the best hotels in Denver
With a backdrop of the Rocky Mountains and an average 300 days of sunshine a year, Denver is as much about outdoors ‘Old West’ as indoors cosmopolitan ‘culture and cool’. It also sits at exactly 5280ft (or one-mile high) hence its nickname: the ‘Mile High City’. Our choice of the best places to stay in Denver lets you enjoy both sides of the city.
What Not To Miss
- For action head off to the Rockies, less than an hour away, for skiing in winter or hiking in summer. But you don’t have to leave the city - there are masses of cycle lanes, plenty of space for inline skaters and, at Confluence Park right in the heart of the city, you can go kayaking in the rapids of Cherry Creek and the South Platte River.
- For culture there’s both the Denver Art Museum and the Museum of Contemporary Art, while the Art District on Santa Fe Drive is a great place to browse galleries. Or take the ‘art walk’ where galleries have ‘open doors’ on the first Friday of the month.
- Uptown Denver has some of the city’s best restaurants. However be aware that if you order 'Rocky Mountain Oysters' these are fried bulls testicles!
- Lower Downtown (referred to by the locals as 'LoDo') is more laidback and the place to check out the bars and buzzing nightlife. In the summer, many of the city parks hold free concerts.
- And if you're a lover of beer, you’re in the right place. Colorado is said to have more microbreweries than any other state, of which Denver has its fair share. Sign up for a tour or come in October when the city holds the Great American Beer Festival, one of the world's largest beer events and featuring over 600 American craft brewers.
With so much going on, we’ve made your holiday planning easier by selecting some of the best places to stay in Denver.
The best places to stay in Denver
- With spacious rooms and family suites, marble bathrooms and rooftop pool, plus spa, free bicycles, a restaurant serving great steaks and signature cocktails in the bar - there’s not much you’ll want for at the Four Seasons Denver.
For contemporary style
- The stylish Hotel Teatro has 109 sleek bedrooms, a buzzing bar and restaurant - popular with locals - and a pavement café. A great place to get a real feel for the city.
For an apartment
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a selection of centrally-located properties, ideal for exploring the city.
- Fly to Denver International Airport located 40km (25 miles) from the centre of Denver with a wide range of flights, both domestic and International. There is a train service available from the airport to Union station in Downtown Denver.
- Alternatively, catch a train to Denver with Union Station on the Amtrak route catering to Chicago in the East and California in the West.
- If you'd like to rent a car to explore the city or maybe the Rocky Mountains, for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - the Autumn from September to October provides typically pleasant temperatures and helps visitors avoid the large crowds and high temperatures that Summer brings.
Still Not Sure?
Best Hotels in Denver
Hotel Teatro, Denver 109 rooms from £183Denver (Colorado)
This stylish boutique is great for business and leisure guests. Rooms are modern and large with Californian-style bathtubs. The Nickel restaurant is a popular local affair. Denver is on the doorstep as is the local history, restaurants, bars and the great out doors. Brilliant weekend break for all.Kayaking - Pedal Around Smith Lake located in Washington Park.Full of characterRecommended by - Tablet
Four Seasons Denver 239 rooms from £245Denver (Colorado)
This luxury resort showcases city views, rooftop pool and spa. Large, contemporary rooms flaunt floor-to-ceiling windows and marble bathrooms. Edge offers locally sourced ingredients and renowned steaks, or the bar for signature cocktails and tapas. Great spot in the theatre district.Great walks - Gray Line Tours - Experience two sides of Denver – a historic western town and a thriving modern city – all in the same trip.Sights nearby - All ages can enjoy major museums, the aquarium, the botanic gardens and the renowned Denver Zoo.Views - Great views from hotelFull of character