Search the best hotels in Denver
With a backdrop of the Rocky Mountains and an average 300 days of sunshine a year, Denver is as much about outdoors ‘Old West’ as indoors cosmopolitan ‘culture and cool’. It also sits at exactly 5280ft (or one-mile high) hence its nickname: the ‘Mile High City’. Our choice of the best places to stay in Denver lets you enjoy both sides of the city.
What Not To Miss
- For action head off to the Rockies, less than an hour away, for skiing in winter or hiking in summer. But you don’t have to leave the city - there are masses of cycle lanes, plenty of space for inline skaters and, at Confluence Park right in the heart of the city, you can go kayaking in the rapids of Cherry Creek and the South Platte River.
- For culture there’s both the Denver Art Museum and the Museum of Contemporary Art, while the Art District on Santa Fe Drive is a great place to browse galleries. Or take the ‘art walk’ where galleries have ‘open doors’ on the first Friday of the month.
- Uptown Denver has some of the city’s best restaurants. However be aware that if you order 'Rocky Mountain Oysters' these are fried bulls testicles!
- Lower Downtown (referred to by the locals as 'LoDo') is more laidback and the place to check out the bars and buzzing nightlife. In the summer, many of the city parks hold free concerts.
- And if you're a lover of beer, you’re in the right place. Colorado is said to have more microbreweries than any other state, of which Denver has its fair share. Sign up for a tour or come in October when the city holds the Great American Beer Festival, one of the world's largest beer events and featuring over 600 American craft brewers.
With so much going on, we’ve made your holiday planning easier by selecting some of the best places to stay in Denver.
The best places to stay in Denver
- With spacious rooms and family suites, marble bathrooms and rooftop pool, plus spa, free bicycles, a restaurant serving great steaks and signature cocktails in the bar - there’s not much you’ll want for at the Four Seasons Denver.
For contemporary style
- The stylish Hotel Teatro has 109 sleek bedrooms, a buzzing bar and restaurant - popular with locals - and a pavement café. A great place to get a real feel for the city.
For an apartment
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a selection of centrally-located properties, ideal for exploring the city.
- Fly to Denver International Airport located 40km (25 miles) from the centre of Denver with a wide range of flights, both domestic and International. There is a train service available from the airport to Union station in Downtown Denver.
- Alternatively, catch a train to Denver with Union Station on the Amtrak route catering to Chicago in the East and California in the West.
- If you'd like to rent a car to explore the city or maybe the Rocky Mountains, for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - the Autumn from September to October provides typically pleasant temperatures and helps visitors avoid the large crowds and high temperatures that Summer brings.
Still Not Sure?
- Browse our list of the best places to stay in Denver,
- Expand your search to include all our Colorado recommendations,
- Or contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Denver
Best Hotels in Denver
Le Meridien Downtown Denver 256 rooms from £103City Style - Located in the heart of the city, Le Méridien Denver Downtown is one block from Colorado Convention Center and 16th Street MallLocal exploring - The central location, makes the hotel an ideal spot for discovering Denvers art, music and food sceneSights nearby - Visit Denver Zoo - an 80-acre facility home to a wide range of animalsOpulent
A contemporary European style hotel in the heart of downtown Denver. Chic and minimalist rooms with decorative pillows, artworks, floor-to-ceiling windows and pristine marble bathrooms. The sensational rooftop bar serves handcrafted cocktails and offers the best sunset views of the mile-high city. See More
Life House Lower Highlands Denver 15 rooms from £116Local exploring - LoHi is rich in culture, featuring some of Denver’s most innovative restaurants, bars and breweriesFoodies - The Lower Highlands are home to delicious Italian and Mexican eateriesGreat walks - Explore the area on foot and soak in the Victorian architectureBoutique
A luxury boutique hotel in the Lower Highlands. Rooms are contemporary yet retro with Revival New York linens, Marshall speakers, Le Labo bath products and rainfall showers. Wildflower prepares seasonal fare with foraged ingredients focusing on community-driven dishes. A stylish city break. See More
The Source Denver 100 rooms from £130Foodies - The hotel has its own culinary complex, with a collection of artisans including a bakery, pizzeria, modern wood-fired restaurantSights nearby - Step no further than the hotel's lobby and browse the art gallery spaceSwimming Pool - Roof terrace poolLively - Hip and happening.
An achingly hip hotel set in a converted factory. Industrial interiors having been craftily reimagined with spacious rooms lending spectacular city views from picture frame windows. Offering a roof top bar, pool, and restaurant plus an entire culinary market space. For trendsetters. See More
Kimpton Hotel Born Denver (Colorado) 200 rooms from £158Local exploring - With Union Street Station at the back of the hotel and adjoining light rail train, you can get anywhere in the city in no timeFoodies - There are 2 excellent restaurants on property; Citizen Rail and Tavernetta. The latter is an award-winning local favouriteCity Style - Located bang in the middle of Denver's newest 'in' neighbourhood; Union StationCooking classes - Check for timings.Recommended by - Fodors
Stylish urban-retreat hotel located adjacent to Denver's Union Station. 200 light-filled rooms and suites have jaw-dropping city views over the trendy neighbourhood. Decor and interiors are classic chic boutique; think blonde wood, Scandinavian furniture, fireplaces and an extensive art collection. See More
The Ramble Hotel Denver 50 rooms from £162Romantic Break - The hotel has lots of hidden touches for your comfort, with extra-thick walls to keep sound out and plush, pillow top mattressesCity Style - With stylish interiors annd a bar inspired by the local performing arts scene, this hotel has reams of Denver charmLocal exploring - Set in the heart of the city's vibrant arts district, this hotel is perfectly placed for cultural exploringLocal markets - Shop like a local with a trip to the nearby Denver Central Market, selling everything from fresh produce to local souvenirs
This boutique hotel is located in Denver’s River North Art District. Interiors are beautifully appointed, with wide plank hickory flooring and antique Persian rugs in the spacious guestrooms. Home to chic, pre-theatre cocktail bar Death & Co, this hotel feels more like a stylish pied-à-terre. See More
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver 189 rooms from £175Local exploring - Explore the hip area of LoDo, just a short walk away from the hotel, with trendy bars, restaurants and breweriesCity Style - The hotel is located in downtown Denver, perfect for discovering the city and all its glorySights nearby - Larimer Square, the oldest and most historic block, where guests can find shops and eateriesGreat walks - Walk the 30 mile Cherry Creek Path
A trendy contemporary hotel in downtown Denver. Spacious and stylish rooms with bold metallic accents, modern artworks, yoga mats and smart bathrooms with soaking tubs. Enjoy the spectacular living-room lobby, authentic Italian cuisine from Panzano, and nightly wine social hour. Authentic city chic. See More
The Jacquard Denver 201 rooms from £178Local exploring - The hotel gives guests an ideal home base for exploring Cherry Creek's charming independent boutiques, galleries and restaurantsActive Holiday - Run and bike along the Cherry Creek Trail which stretches 11 miles from downtown to Cherry Creek ReservoirLocal markets - Pick up fresh food, flowers and locally crafted wares at the Cherry Creek Farmers’ Market on summer Saturdays and WednesdaysViews - Soak in the panoramic views of the Rocky Mountains
A contemporary and elegant hotel set in the heart of Cherry Creek. Spacious, light and airy rooms feature modern artworks, floor to ceiling windows and marble bathrooms. On the rooftop, swim, join a yoga class, or relish views of Denver and the beautiful Rocky Mountains over handcrafted cocktails. See More
Hotel Teatro, Denver Denver (Colorado) 109 rooms from £187Kayaking - Pedal Around Smith Lake located in Washington Park.Full of characterBoutiqueRecommended by - Tablet
This stylish boutique is great for business and leisure guests. Rooms are modern and large with Californian-style bathtubs. The Nickel restaurant is a popular local affair. Denver is on the doorstep as is the local history, restaurants, bars and the great out doors. Brilliant weekend break for all. See More
Halcyon - A Hotel in Cherry Creek Denver 154 rooms from £187Local exploring - Explore the neighbourhoods vast collection of art galleries, coffee shops, designer shops, boutiques, spas, salons, and so forthSights nearby - The 23-acre Denver Botanic Gardens is home to the largest collection of plants from cold temperate climates in North AmericaGreat walks - The hotel offers Osprey daypacks full of hiking gear for the perfect day outSwimming Pool - Rooftop pool overlooks the downtown skyline and the Rocky MountainsRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A contemporary urban hotel set in the up-market shopping district Cherry Creek. Spacious and bright rooms with record players and marble bathrooms. Scooters, skateboards, bike cruisers and GoPros available to all guests. Enjoy swimming, sunning and sipping with private cabanas at the rooftop pool. See More
The Brown Palace Hotel & Spa Denver 241 rooms from £187Spa breaks - Home to one of the best spas in Denver, the hotel offers a menu of revitalising massages, facials, body scrub and nail careLocal exploring - The hotel offers easy access activies in Denver within walking distance or a short car ride to downtown Denver attractionsGroups - A stunning destination for group travel Denver, offers a distinct array of activities to enjoy during down timeSights nearby - Discover the craft beer capital of the West. Located right in the downtown area the hotel offers Denver microbreweries toursRecommended by - Tablet
A luxury landmark hotel in the cultural district of Denver. A mix of contemporary rooms and traditional suites with classical architecture, plush robes and deep-soaking tubs. Sip on cocktails and listen to piano in the Italian Renaissance eight-storey atrium. Complete with two restaurants and a spa. See More
Four Seasons Denver Denver (Colorado) 239 rooms from £245Great walks - Gray Line Tours - Experience two sides of Denver – a historic western town and a thriving modern city – all in the same trip.Sights nearby - All ages can enjoy major museums, the aquarium, the botanic gardens and the renowned Denver Zoo.Views - Great views from hotelDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
This luxury resort showcases city views, rooftop pool and spa. Large, contemporary rooms flaunt floor-to-ceiling windows and marble bathrooms. Edge offers locally sourced ingredients and renowned steaks, or the bar for signature cocktails and tapas. Great spot in the theatre district. See More
The Art, A Hotel Denver 165 rooms from £194Local exploring - Discover the quaint Art District on Santa Fe less than a mile away and the rest of the Mile High CitySights nearby - Visit the culturally stimulating Golden Triangle neighbourhood, with its funky bars, restaurants and venuesGreat walks - Walk through the Central Business District and find yourself in LoDo, the trendiest district in DenverLively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Tablet
A creative and contemporary hotel in the heart of the cultural golden triangle. Spacious and airy rooms with splashes of bright colours, modern artworks, deep-soaking tubs and views of the Denver skyline and Rocky Mountain. Fire serves innovative new American cuisine and cocktails on the terrace. See More
The Crawford Denver 112 rooms from £241City Style - Arrive in style- this glamorous hotel brings the golden age of train travel to life in their elegant Art Deco rooms and suitesFull of characterLively - Hip and happening.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet
Denver's Union Station has welcomed an elegant hotel to its upper storeys. Making the most of its setting, the hotel revels in the station's classic Beaux Arts style, and the rooms and suites carry off a wonderfully executed Old World Glamour feel. There are plenty of excellent eateries on site too. See More