Search the best hotels in Denver
Surrounded by the dramatic Rocky Mountains and boasting 300 days of sunshine per year, Denver is a gorgeous destination for lovers of the great outdoors — as well as travellers in search of top-notch cultural and foodie attractions. Nicknamed the Mile High City for its location at 5280ft, Denver is crammed with excellent accommodation options, including small boutique properties and slick city hotels fit for a range of tastes and budgets. Many of the best places to stay in Denver are swish, contemporary spots which promise stylish interiors, fantastic food and glorious views of the city skyline and the mountains.
Cultural big-hitters include the Denver Art Museum and the Museum of Contemporary Art, but it's worth taking the time to stroll along Santa Fe Drive for quirky galleries filled with fantastic artwork. Better yet, time your trip for the first Friday of the month and join a buzzing First Friday Art Walk, when the art district's studios, museums and galleries are open late into the evening and hundreds of people amble between them. For the best eateries, head to Uptown Denver, whilst the trendiest bars can be found in Lower Downtown (‘LoDo’, to those in the know). Look out for free outdoor concerts during the summer months, too. Beer fans are also in the right place: Colorado reputedly has more microbreweries than any other state. The Great American Beer Festival, held every October, features 600+ craft brewers, and is the perfect time for tours and tastings of Denver’s best breweries.
If you’re in Colorado for the striking scenery and ample outdoor pursuits, there’s skiing, hiking, horse riding and mountain-climbing in the nearby Rocky Mountains National Park, as well as fascinating wildlife-spotting. Within Denver itself, you can expect cycling lanes, inline skating and the chance to go kayaking on the rapids of Cherry Creek and the South Platte River in Confluence Park.
Visitors to Colorado’s capital are absolutely spoilt for choice accommodation wise — though the best places to stay in Denver fill up fast during the summer months and at festival time. Book your trip well in advance to avoid missing out!
The Best Places to Stay in Denver
- Four Seasons Denver is a slick pick for a top stay in the theatre district. Expect lavish rooms and suites with space for couples or families, as well as a striking rooftop pool and a soothing spa. The restaurant serves great steak, there are cracking cocktails at the bar, and free bicycles for exploring Denver.
- The Ritz Carlton is a swish, five-star hotel ideal for the ultimate luxury city stay. With an extensive spa, fine dining, superb service and gorgeous views from elegant rooms, guests are in for a real treat.
For Contemporary Cool
- The Maven is a stylish urban pad with lots of polished concrete, clean lines and soothing tones. Artsy and lively, the hotel boasts a buzzing bar, an airtstream cranking out great margaritas, and flexible accommodation options for kids, families and couples. A top pick for bunk beds and a friendly LoDo vibe!
- The ART, A Hotel is a lovely choice for culture lovers, within easy reach of museums and galleries and featuring a plethora of modern artwork. Crisp, white-on-white rooms have colourful accents, great views and flexible family options. Feast on delicious new American cuisine at Fire — where the kids' menu will keep the little ones happy, too.
- The Jacquard is a cool, contemporary spot in Denver's most walkable neighbourhood: Cherry Creek. Pick this place for its elegant, contemporary interiors, delicious food and youthful buzz. A luxury stay for couples, groups or business travellers.
- Le Meridien promises an indulgent modern city stay for music, art and food fans in downtown Denver. Guestrooms are romantic, and the roof terrace is the perfect place to see the sun slip away as you sip a cocktail or two before your big night out begins.
- Kimpton Hotel Monaco is a glitzy, glamorous property for well-heeled travellers. A bold and enchanting pick for couples or families, nestled between LoDo and the CBD. The nightly wine hour, award-winning eatery, complimentary bicycles and in-room yoga mats make this a real stand-out.
- Halcyon is a fun spot for active and sociable couples, families or business travellers in Cherry Creek. Expect airy, contemporary rooms and suites as well as great food and drink. The whole family will adore the rooftop pool and the Gear Garage — filled with bikes, longboards, adventure kits and board games. Brilliant!
For Boutique Bliss
- The Ramble Hotel is a magical, 50-room property in the River North Art District, with an intimate events space, a hip bar and a top-notch restaurant. Interiors are rich, warm and inviting. For artsy travellers.
- Life House, Lower Highlands is a gorgeous boutique pad with just 15 grown-up rooms for couples. Think Revival New York linens, Marshall speakers and Le Labo bath products, along with nods to Victorian opulence and the region's pioneer spirit. The wildflower-inspired cocktail menu is a highlight!
- Hotel Teatro is a historic spot in the theatre and music district, with gorgeous interiors, a buzzing bar and restaurant, and a chic pavement café. Denver's original boutique hotel, this spot is tucked in a Renassiance Revival building — perfect for fusing contemporary cool with old-school charm. Very trendy.
For Old-School Grandeur
- The Oxford Hotel, founded in 1891, is the city's most historic hotel. Pick this place for its heritage appeal, excellent LoDo location and the classic refinement of its interiors. Grand and romantic.
- Patterson Inn offers just nine suites in a stately building set amidst beautifully manicured grounds. Expect chandeliers, carved headboards in the elegant guestrooms, as well as wood-panelling downstairs. Old-school grandeur on an intimate scale.
- The Brown Palace Hotel & Spa opened back in 1892, and has promised its guests a timeless luxury experience ever since, complete with twinkling chandeliers and marble carvings. Choose from six restaurants and bars, and hit the spa before an indulgent high tea or discovering downtown Denver. For well-heeled holidaymakers and business travellers.
- The Crawford is a glamorous hideaway atop Denver's Union Station. Nestled in an impressive Beaux Arts biulding, elegant rooms feature high ceilings, wooden beams and leather accents. There are stacks of eateries in the building, too. For old-school style and anyone who loves a train ride.
- The Source is a hip hotel set inside a former factory building in the River North Arts District. Expect minimalist, industrial interiors, as well as a funky bar and rooftop pool. The big sell is the array of fantastic food in the lively Market Hall: foodies will be spoilt for choice! Very trendy.
- Kimpton Hotel Born offers grown-up style with a pared-back Scandi aesthetic in 200 expansive rooms alongside Union Station in LoDo. Enjoy house-prepared charcuterie boards showcasing top Colorado produce, along with craft cocktails or local beers at Citizen Rail, which specialises in wood-fired fare created by Executive Chef Christian Graves. A delight.
For Longer Stays
- Mint House Denver is a brilliantly-located collection of sleek, minimalist studios and apartments in LoDo. Well-equipped kitchens are great for long stays, and there's plenty of space for couples, friends or families.
For Great Value
- Moxy Denver Cherry Creek is a hip, central hotel with a youthful buzz. Stay here for the fun design, lively bar and beer garden. Great value and good fun for sociable travellers.
- Hotel Indigo offers a superb central LoDo location — great for business travellers or on-foot explorers. 180 smart, contemporary guestrooms feature striking city views and Colorado-inspired decor. There are meeting and events spaces, too. Excellent value!
FOR A HOLIDAY HOME OR APARTMENT
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Denver International Airport (25 miles from the city) and travel into town by bus, train or taxi.
- Alternatively, catch an Amtrak train from as far afield as Chicago or California to Denver.
- Colorado is wonderful for a road trip! If you would like to hire a car, contact our online partner Rentalcars.
- Visit between June and August to make the most of the beautiful weather. Alternatively, come in the spring or autumn for cooler temperatures and great hotel deals!
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Colorado Springs.
- Alternatively, check out our pick of the best places to stay in Colorado.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Denver
Best Hotels in Denver
Moxy Denver Cherry Creek Denver 170 rooms from £98Local exploring - Well positioned to access Denver's museums, stadiums, and nightlife plus the mountains are a short drive awayCity Style - A chic design hotel with a fun youthful feel - perfect for the young and trendyGreat walks - Just 20 miles from the hotel be out in the mountains hiking along miles of trailsDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
A chic hotel with a fun youthful feel, right in the heart of the city. Stylish rooms are minimalist in design with picture frame windows (the best have mountain views), sharp lines, and large rain showers. Downstairs, a lively bar and beer garden draw a crowd and the restaurant is equally vibrant. See More
Le Meridien Downtown Denver 256 rooms from £103City Style - Located in the heart of the city, Le Méridien Denver Downtown is one block from Colorado Convention Center and 16th Street MallLocal exploring - The central location, makes the hotel an ideal spot for discovering Denvers art, music and food sceneSights nearby - Visit Denver Zoo - an 80-acre facility home to a wide range of animalsOpulent
A contemporary European style hotel in the heart of downtown Denver. Chic and minimalist rooms with decorative pillows, artworks, floor-to-ceiling windows and pristine marble bathrooms. The sensational rooftop bar serves handcrafted cocktails and offers the best sunset views of the mile-high city. See More
Life House Lower Highlands Denver 15 rooms from £116Local exploring - LoHi is rich in culture, featuring some of Denver’s most innovative restaurants, bars and breweriesFoodies - The Lower Highlands are home to delicious Italian and Mexican eateriesGreat walks - Explore the area on foot and soak in the Victorian architectureBoutique
A luxury boutique hotel in the Lower Highlands. Rooms are contemporary yet retro with Revival New York linens, Marshall speakers, Le Labo bath products and rainfall showers. Wildflower prepares seasonal fare with foraged ingredients focusing on community-driven dishes. A stylish city break. See More
Hotel Indigo Denver Downtown Denver 180 rooms from £119Local exploring - Set in the hip LoDo district surrounded by some of the city's best restaurants and bars plus serveral attractions are nearbyBusiness meetings - Business meetings are well catered for here with high tech essentials, catering, and sleek spacesLocal markets - Visit the weekly farmers market at Union Square to sample local produce
Expect sleek modern design with an artsy flare at this smart downtown stay. Be greeted by gold rush-inspired artwork & a black cherry sculpture in the capacious lobby. Uber modern rooms are minimalist in style with epic city views. Complete with a hip bar and restaurant, this is a stylish city base. See More
The Source Denver 100 rooms from £130Foodies - The hotel has its own culinary complex, with a collection of artisans including a bakery, pizzeria, modern wood-fired restaurantSights nearby - Step no further than the hotel's lobby and browse the art gallery spaceSwimming Pool - Roof terrace poolLively - Hip and happening.
An achingly hip hotel set in a converted factory. Industrial interiors having been craftily reimagined with spacious rooms lending spectacular city views from picture frame windows. Offering a roof top bar, pool, and restaurant plus an entire culinary market space. For trendsetters. See More
Mint House Downtown Denver Denver 20 rooms from £140City Style - Expect sleek modern design and a hip LoDo location - the apartment design means you feel like a local with a very stylish padFamilies - With two-bedroom apartments and fully equipped kitchens, this is a great option for families who want a home away from homeSights nearby - Nearby Elitch Gardens Theme Park and Denver Zoo make for fun days out
A collection of sleek studio, one-bed & two-bed apartments in the hip LoDo district. Interiors have an industrial feel with polished concrete set beside swathes of glass while Scandi-style furniture softens the look. With fully equipped kitchens, this is ideal for long stays, groups and families. See More
Kimpton Hotel Born Denver (Colorado) 200 rooms from £158Local exploring - With Union Street Station at the back of the hotel and adjoining light rail train, you can get anywhere in the city in no timeFoodies - There are 2 excellent restaurants on property; Citizen Rail and Tavernetta. The latter is an award-winning local favouriteCity Style - Located bang in the middle of Denver's newest 'in' neighbourhood; Union StationCooking classes - Check for timings.Recommended by - Fodors
Stylish urban-retreat hotel located adjacent to Denver's Union Station. 200 light-filled rooms and suites have jaw-dropping city views over the trendy neighbourhood. Decor and interiors are classic chic boutique; think blonde wood, Scandinavian furniture, fireplaces and an extensive art collection. See More
The Ramble Hotel Denver 50 rooms from £162Romantic Break - The hotel has lots of hidden touches for your comfort, with extra-thick walls to keep sound out and plush, pillow top mattressesCity Style - With stylish interiors annd a bar inspired by the local performing arts scene, this hotel has reams of Denver charmLocal exploring - Set in the heart of the city's vibrant arts district, this hotel is perfectly placed for cultural exploringLocal markets - Shop like a local with a trip to the nearby Denver Central Market, selling everything from fresh produce to local souvenirs
This boutique hotel is located in Denver’s River North Art District. Interiors are beautifully appointed, with wide plank hickory flooring and antique Persian rugs in the spacious guestrooms. Home to chic, pre-theatre cocktail bar Death & Co, this hotel feels more like a stylish pied-à-terre. See More
Patterson Inn Denver (Capitol Hill) 9 rooms from £165City Style - For a historic & elegant stay it doesn't get much better than this with its spacious grounds, wood panelling & atmospheric barLocal exploring - Well located in the heart of one of Denver's original high-end neighborhoods yet close to all the action in downtownSights nearby - The Denver Zoo and Denver Botanical Gardens are good options for city days outLocal markets - Union Station hosts a fun weekly farmers market
A unique boutique property set in a grand historic building within beautifully landscaped grounds. Rooms have a classic elegance with chandeliers, intricately carved beds, and airy proportions. Downstairs, the bar and living areas are wood-panelled and very atmospheric. A grown-up choice. See More
The Oxford Hotel Denver 80 rooms from £171Local exploring - Perfectly placed in LoDo (Lower Downtown), Denver's historic quarter, find restaurants, bars, theatres, and attractions nearbyCity Style - As Denver's oldest hotel expect some old-school luxuries including grand design and a glamorous barSpa - The full service spa offers a wide range of treatments and there's a salon tooLocal markets - There's a weekly farmers' market at nearby Union StationRecommended by - Fodors
An elegant boutique hotel (and Denver's most historic one too) set in the hip lower downtown district. Rooms still have the original old-school grandeur but the amenities are now sleek and modern. With the city's longest-running bar, a hip restaurant, and a spa - this one is tough to beat. See More
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver 189 rooms from £175Local exploring - Explore the hip area of LoDo, just a short walk away from the hotel, with trendy bars, restaurants and breweriesCity Style - The hotel is located in downtown Denver, perfect for discovering the city and all its glorySights nearby - Larimer Square, the oldest and most historic block, where guests can find shops and eateriesGreat walks - Walk the 30 mile Cherry Creek Path
A trendy contemporary hotel in downtown Denver. Spacious and stylish rooms with bold metallic accents, modern artworks, yoga mats and smart bathrooms with soaking tubs. Enjoy the spectacular living-room lobby, authentic Italian cuisine from Panzano, and nightly wine social hour. Authentic city chic. See More
The Jacquard Denver 201 rooms from £178Local exploring - The hotel gives guests an ideal home base for exploring Cherry Creek's charming independent boutiques, galleries and restaurantsActive Holiday - Run and bike along the Cherry Creek Trail which stretches 11 miles from downtown to Cherry Creek ReservoirLocal markets - Pick up fresh food, flowers and locally crafted wares at the Cherry Creek Farmers’ Market on summer Saturdays and WednesdaysViews - Soak in the panoramic views of the Rocky Mountains
A contemporary and elegant hotel set in the heart of Cherry Creek. Spacious, light and airy rooms feature modern artworks, floor to ceiling windows and marble bathrooms. On the rooftop, swim, join a yoga class, or relish views of Denver and the beautiful Rocky Mountains over handcrafted cocktails. See More
Hotel Teatro, Denver Denver (Colorado) 109 rooms from £187Kayaking - Pedal Around Smith Lake located in Washington Park.Full of characterBoutiqueRecommended by - Tablet
This stylish boutique is great for business and leisure guests. Rooms are modern and large with Californian-style bathtubs. The Nickel restaurant is a popular local affair. Denver is on the doorstep as is the local history, restaurants, bars and the great out doors. Brilliant weekend break for all. See More
The Maven Denver 172 rooms from £187Local exploring - Well positioned in downtown with Coors Field, Union Station, and countless restaurants and bars within walking distanceBoutique - A unique boutique stay with distinctly urban design. Think: industrial chic meets hip artsy styleArtworks - Local Colorado artists have provided more than 400 original art pieces and handmade productsSpa - It's not on site - but a stay at this hotel gives access and discounts at nearby Oxford Club Spa & Salon
A stylish boutique hotel in downtown Denver. Interiors have a hip industrial feel with high ceilings, polished concrete & expansive windows. Pick a suite for an in-room bath & endless space. Completed by a lively restaurant & bar, an air streamer that slings free afternoon margaritas, and local art. See More
Halcyon - A Hotel in Cherry Creek Denver 154 rooms from £187Local exploring - Explore the neighbourhoods vast collection of art galleries, coffee shops, designer shops, boutiques, spas, salons, and so forthSights nearby - The 23-acre Denver Botanic Gardens is home to the largest collection of plants from cold temperate climates in North AmericaGreat walks - The hotel offers Osprey daypacks full of hiking gear for the perfect day outSwimming Pool - Rooftop pool overlooks the downtown skyline and the Rocky MountainsRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A contemporary urban hotel set in the up-market shopping district Cherry Creek. Spacious and bright rooms with record players and marble bathrooms. Scooters, skateboards, bike cruisers and GoPros available to all guests. Enjoy swimming, sunning and sipping with private cabanas at the rooftop pool. See More
The Brown Palace Hotel & Spa Denver 241 rooms from £187Spa breaks - Home to one of the best spas in Denver, the hotel offers a menu of revitalising massages, facials, body scrub and nail careLocal exploring - The hotel offers easy access activies in Denver within walking distance or a short car ride to downtown Denver attractionsGroups - A stunning destination for group travel Denver, offers a distinct array of activities to enjoy during down timeSights nearby - Discover the craft beer capital of the West. Located right in the downtown area the hotel offers Denver microbreweries toursRecommended by - Tablet
A luxury landmark hotel in the cultural district of Denver. A mix of contemporary rooms and traditional suites with classical architecture, plush robes and deep-soaking tubs. Sip on cocktails and listen to piano in the Italian Renaissance eight-storey atrium. Complete with two restaurants and a spa. See More
Four Seasons Denver Denver (Colorado) 239 rooms from £245Great walks - Gray Line Tours - Experience two sides of Denver – a historic western town and a thriving modern city – all in the same trip.Sights nearby - All ages can enjoy major museums, the aquarium, the botanic gardens and the renowned Denver Zoo.Views - Great views from hotelDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
This luxury resort showcases city views, rooftop pool and spa. Large, contemporary rooms flaunt floor-to-ceiling windows and marble bathrooms. Edge offers locally sourced ingredients and renowned steaks, or the bar for signature cocktails and tapas. Great spot in the theatre district. See More
The Art, A Hotel Denver 165 rooms from £194Local exploring - Discover the quaint Art District on Santa Fe less than a mile away and the rest of the Mile High CitySights nearby - Visit the culturally stimulating Golden Triangle neighbourhood, with its funky bars, restaurants and venuesGreat walks - Walk through the Central Business District and find yourself in LoDo, the trendiest district in DenverLively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Tablet
A creative and contemporary hotel in the heart of the cultural golden triangle. Spacious and airy rooms with splashes of bright colours, modern artworks, deep-soaking tubs and views of the Denver skyline and Rocky Mountain. Fire serves innovative new American cuisine and cocktails on the terrace. See More
The Crawford Denver 112 rooms from £241City Style - Arrive in style- this glamorous hotel brings the golden age of train travel to life in their elegant Art Deco rooms and suitesFull of characterLively - Hip and happening.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet
Denver's Union Station has welcomed an elegant hotel to its upper storeys. Making the most of its setting, the hotel revels in the station's classic Beaux Arts style, and the rooms and suites carry off a wonderfully executed Old World Glamour feel. There are plenty of excellent eateries on site too. See More
Ritz Carlton Denver Denver 202 rooms from £350Families - The property goes above and beyond to accommodate kids from the fun welcome packs to kids menus and well thought out activities5* Luxury - From the sprawling spa to the high-end service, the Ritz Carlton has long mastered the art of the five starSpa - A cutting edge full service spa with a wide range of innovative treatmentsRecommended by - Fodors
For the full five star experience it doesn't get much better than the Ritz. With its expansive spa, fine dining restaurant, and spot-on service - this is luxury defined. Rooms combine simple modern style with classic elegance. Book a suite for endless space and seriously indulgent bathrooms. See More