- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Greensboro
In central North Carolina’s heartland, Greensboro is a great all-round family or couples’ weekend destination. The former textile town is well-connected by road, rail and air and has an across-the-board range of attractions - from amusement parks and interactive museums to art galleries and arboretums. Our selection of the best places to stay in Greensboro ensures you are close to the heart of the action.
What Not To Miss
- For all-round family fun there’s the Greensboro Science Center with hands-on science exhibits, planetarium and zoo.
- There are more hands-on exhibits at the Greensboro Children's Museum. Everyone will shriek and scream at Wet ‘n Wild Emerald Pointe, an adventure theme park with over 35 rides including Daredevil Drop, one of the nation's tallest water slides.
- Greensboro played an important role in the 20th century’s civil rights movement, making headlines when segregated blacks protested with the famous ‘sit-in’ at Woolworth’s lunch counter in 1960. The Woolworth’s store is now, very appropriately, the International Civil Rights Center & Museum.
- The town’s rich multi-cultural past is reflected in its galleries and museums, including the Reed African American Heritage Museum and the clutch of galleries at the Greensboro Cultural Center at Festival Park, including the African-American Atelier and the Guilford Native American Art Gallery. Weatherspoon Art Museum houses an impressive collection of 20th-century art, including works by Matisse, Picasso, Warhol and de Kooning.
- For something more tranquil, explore the gardens of Blandwood Mansion, an impressive Tuscan Italianate house, or the 17-acre Greensboro Arboretum with fountains, gazebo and bridges.
- Browse the shops of downtown Greensboro, noted for their fine collections of furniture, art and antiques including the famous Replacements store and warehouse which boasts the largest inventory of obsolete and current china, crystal and flatware patterns in the world.
Our selection of the best places to stay in Greensboro provide visitors with a great base for exploring the town, before relaxing in the evenings.
For contemporary style
- The stylish, environmentally friendly Proximity Hotel works for families and couples as well as business guests offering large, loft-like rooms, fantastic city views, gym and outdoor pool. There are complimentary bicycles to borrow so you can explore the city plus there’s a charming courtyard for relaxing with drinks before dinner in the Print Works Bistro.
For an apartment
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a selection of properties to suit visitors of all needs.
- Fly to Piedmont Triad International Airport located 18.6km (11.6 miles) from Greensboro with non-stop flights to destinations all across the U.S.
- Alternatively, catch a train to Greensboro with Amtrak rail links to Charlotte.
- If you want to rent a car - for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - late March to mid-May for pleasant temperatures and less crowds.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Greensboro
Proximity Hotel 147 rooms from £199Greensboro (North Carolina)
Whether it be business or leisure that brings you to Greensboro, be sure to check out this chic and stylish contemporary hotel. Large rooms are cleverly designed with sustainability in mind. Guests have access to a gym & outdoor pool. Print Works Bistro is all about local, freshly made fare.Great walks - Great paths for jogging and walks in the Greenway.Lively - Hip and happening.Romantic - Good for couples.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet