Search the best hotels in Hawaii
The stuff of tropical island dreams, Hawaii has long been a top holiday destination for honeymoon couples and outdoorsy families. Boasting a rich Polynesian history, spectacular landscapes fringed with white sands and dominated by mountains clad in lush vegetation, the Hawaiian Islands really are something special. Accommodation options are wide-ranging, with everything from intimate B&Bs to indulgent beach resorts fit for a whole array of tastes and budgets. Whilst many of the best places to stay in Hawaii are right on the coast, some of our favourites are small-scale hideaways tucked away in the jungle — the ultimate island escape.
Most Hawaiian adventures begin in Honolulu, O'ahu’s bustling tropical capital. With the only royal palace in the USA, several fantastic museums and beautiful Waikiki Beach, the city also features a big foodie scene and great nightlife. Beyond Honolulu, you can expect lush mountain hikes and more superb beaches.
Maui is particularly popular with active families, as there’s heaps to do amidst superb scenery. Retreat to the jungle for peace and quiet, or book a suite at an exquisite beach resort in trendy Wailea for an epic family trip.
Further to the west, Kaua’i has been dubbed the ‘Garden Isle’ with good reason. A visit to the Waimea Canyon State Park should be at the top of your list if you’re on the island!
The Island of Hawai’i — commonly known as the ‘Big Island’ — is the group’s largest. If you’re dreaming of hiking Hawaii’s tallest peak and watching steaming lava pour into the sea, this is the place to go. Adventurous souls will adore the myriad opportunities to explore on both land and sea, as well as a wonderful selection of hotels and inns — some of which pride themselves on their impressive sustainable ethos.
Just nearby sits little Lana’i, the most tranquil and unspoilt of the islands. Think striking beaches, excellent diving and intriguing archaeological sites. Stay in absolute seclusion and soak up the joys of a much slower pace of life.
Whichever island you choose, Hawaii promises jaw-dropping scenery, a fascinating culture and gorgeous hotels. Many of the best places to stay in Hawaii fill up fast during the school holidays — book your trip well in advance to avoid missing out.
The Best Places to Stay in Hawaii
For a City Stay
- The Laylow is a lively city hotel just minutes from Waikiki Beach in Honolulu. Expect bright, colourful interiors with bold artwork and private balconies, a central pool, innovative cocktails and cracking Korean fare. For a fun-filled city stay.
- The Modern is a smart high-rise hotel with superb Honolulu harbour and sea views from slick, minimalist rooms. With a selection of bars and eateries, two spas and a nightclub, this is a terrific city break pick for business or leisure.
For an Eco-Escape
- Volcano Eco Retreat is a fabulous sustainable escape nestled between Hilo and Volcanoes National Park on the Island of Hawai'i. Stay here for the impressive eco-focus — including quirky rooms designed from bamboo — as well as the fantastic, locally-sourced fare and island activities which respect the planet. Eco-chic for grown-ups.
- The Inn at Kulaniapia Falls is ideal for active travellers. Set on 42 acres alongside the waterfalls, the property features spacious rooms, fabulous farm-to-table fare and a proud sustainable focus. With kayaking, paddle boarding, cooking classes and wild swimming, this is a great pick to get stuck in to the best of the Big Island.
For Old-School Style
- Surfjack Hotel & Swim Club is a 1960s Hawaii-inspired boutique property, just 5 minutes from Honolulu's Waikiki Beach. Pick this place for its quirky vintage decor, eclectic artwork and the delectable food and cocktails. The one to book for a funky, youthful feel.
- The Old Wailuku Inn offers ten charming suites in a historic house, epitomising the best of 1920s Hawaii. Expect vivid quilts, floral patterned-curtains and antique furnishings. Some rooms boast private terraces and whirlpool tubs; there are big breakfasts and lush gardens. An intimate, old-school Maui stay.
- Waimea Plantation Cottages offers a collection of 1880s to 1930s heritage homes set on 43 verdant acres of Kaua'i coastline. Carefully restored, the cottages feature understated period decor, fully-equipped kitchens and up to five bedrooms. Very charming and serene.
For an Intimate Hideaway
- Hotel Lanai boasts 11 characterful rooms in a heritage property surrounded by verdant gardens. Set in the centre of Lana'i City, this is a brilliant base for couples, friends or families looking to explore the island. Intimate and relaxed.
- Volcano Village Lodge promises a charming boutique retreat for active travellers or tranquil holidaymakers near Volcanoes National Park. The quirky lodges offer space for couples, friends or families, and the lush rainforest views are a real highlight. For nature lovers on the Island of Hawai'i.
- Paia Inn is a boutique beach pad in Maui's hippest surf town, perfect for couples eager to stay somewhere small and characterful. Book a chic suite, feast on Japanese fusion food at VANA, and enjoy yoga classes, free passes to the local gym and great surf. Book the beach house if travelling as a family!
- Ho'Oilo House is a luxurious, six-bedroom spot in the West Maui Mountains. Pick this place for the striking views from the private balconies and leafy grounds, indulgent breakfasts and tranquil vibe. A romantic island hideaway, with plenty of local tips for things to see and do.
- Sensei Lanai is an indulgent adults-only wellness retreat in Lana'i's leafy interior. Pick this place for a secluded escape, with beautiful white-on-white rooms, individual well-being consultations, rejuvenating spa treatments, fitness classes and wonderful opportunities to explore the island. The Nobu dining experience is a real highlight! Total bliss.
- Halekulani boasts an illustrious past as one of Hawaii's first hotels. Stay here for a heritage Honolulu feel, with elegant rooms and suites featuring a soothing colour palette and striking sea views. The sumptuous afternoon tea and live late-night jazz are real highlights. Romantic & popular for weddings.
- Holualoa Inn is a romantic B&B with eight rooms, suites and cottages set in 30 acres of lush gardens just minutes from the Kona coast on the Island of Hawai'i. Pick this place for the chic Hawaiian interiors, the friendly welcome and the generous breakfasts. A gorgeous couples' pad with striking sea views.
- Hotel Wailea is an elegant, adults-only beach resort with 72 superb rooms and suites on Maui's southern coast. Hide away in 15 acres of tropical gardens, enjoy yoga and fitness classes, hit the beach, try a whole array of watersports and feast on delectable Mediterranean fare in the acclaimed restaurant.
- Mauna Lani Bay Resort promises an elegant escape Island of Hawai'i beach escape. Expect cool, contemporary rooms and suites with all the mod-cons, as well as stacks of activities, including floating yoga, mountain biking and nearby golf. Luxury with an eco-focus — including an impressive sea turtle rehabilitation programme. Popular with honeymooners.
For a Beach Resort
- 'Alohilani Resort is a cool, contemporary Waikiki Beach property with a trendy, laid-back feel. Well-suited to couples or families, this Honolulu hotel features chic interiors, a fun infinity pool, great fitness facilities and the buzzing Monkeypod Kids Club. The eateries are a big draw, too.
- Mauna Kea Beach Hotel is an Island of Hawai'i legend, with splendid views over Kauna'oa Bay from beautifully-appointed suites. Expect a wonderful white sand beach, two top-notch golf courses, tennis, water sports and kids' activities. A superb stay at Hawaii's very first resort.
- Four Seasons Maui at Wailea offers an exquisite resort experience for couples or active families. Highlights include sophisticated rooms and suites, three saltwater pools, complimentary outrigger canoe hire and heaps of activities — from the Kids For All Seasons programmes to the sumptuous spa.
- Fairmont Orchid is a luxurious, family-friendly resort with a terrific array of facilities and activities on the Island of Hawai'i. Little ones will adore the Kids Club, whilst grown-ups can unwind at the spa, learn to dive, play tennis or hike in a nearby national park before attending a traditional luau and feasting on delicious fare at the many eateries. Very indulgent.
- Four Seasons Resort Lanai promises an elegant oceanfront stay with sophisticated rooms and suites influenced by Japanese minimalism and featuring natural materials. Expect impressive sea views, a wide array of activities for children and grownups, a pampering spa and award-winning cuisine. Top-notch resort luxury for guests of all ages. Great for weddings and honeymoons, too.
- The Ritz Carlton Kapalua promises an opulent Maui stay on 22,000 acres of spectacular grounds. Stay here for the ultimate luxury experience, exceptional service and fabulous facilities. Play world-class golf, discover six beaches, amble along hiking trails, unwind at the spa and treat the kids to a whole array of exciting activities. Absolute bliss.
- Timbers Kaua'i Ocean Club & Residences offers 47 swish, contemporary villas on a 450-acre estate just a few minutes from Lihue Airport. Ideal for active families or groups, the residences promise plenty of independence, as well as resort-style facilities — including championship golf, watersports, an organic farm and direct beach access.
- Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort is a funky, design-minded resort with beautifully-appointed rooms, suites and villas on 15 beachfront acres in the exclusive Wailea area of Maui. Enjoy the pool, water sports, spa and intriguing cultural activities. Great for couples or families.
For Great Value
- The ISO is an idyllic beach hotel in Kaua'i, with a fresh, contemporary feel. Think brilliant views, a soothing seaside palette, great cocktails and live music. Excellent value for a coastal stay.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly into Daniel K. Inouye International Airport in Honolulu, Hilo International Airport on the Island of Hawai'i, Kahului Airport on Maui or Lihue Airport on Kaua'i or Lana'i Airport on Lana'i.
- Most of the airports also offer inter-island flights from Honolulu on Oahu. Hop aboard a bus or take a taxi from the airport to your destination.
- There's plenty to explore by car on the islands! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- December and July are peak season, and hotels book up fast during the school holidays. Come in the spring (April - May) or autumn (September - October) for fewer crowds and cooler temperatures (still around 26°C). The dry season runs from April to October.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Browse our list of the best places to stay in Maui.
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on the Island of Hawai'i.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Hawaii
Best Hotels in Hawaii
The ISO Kapaʻa, Kauai 78 rooms from £108Local exploring - Explore the Na Pali Coast to the north, and Lihue, Poipu, and Waimea Canyon to the southTotal relaxation - Unwind by the pool, sip on cocktails and find serenity during a yoga lessonsGreat walks - Hike the trails of HanaleiSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
A new luxury yet affordable beachfront hotel with incredible views of the Pacific. Chic rooms and suites have rustic coastal decor and private lanais. Enjoy live music, cocktails and dinner with ocean views. Unwind with a book by the pool, try yoga or explore the area by bike. An idyllic escape. See More
Hotel Lanai Lanai City, Lana'i 11 rooms from £117Outstanding locationDiving - Scuba diving in such clear waters is a real must for fans of the ocean and sea world.Fishing - Deep sea fishing out of Manele Harbour and along the coastline.Sailing - Triology Sunset sail for a romantic memory on the sea.
Historical landmark on Lanai Island offers comfort, prime location and privacy. Rooms are spacious and contemporary. Lana'i City Grille is renowned on the island and offers family-style sharing plates. From Hotel Lanai explore by land or by sea, a truly great spot and place to escape to for a break. See More
Waimea Plantation Cottages Waimea, Kauai 59 rooms from £140Back to Nature - Explore Kauai, home to stunning beaches, majestic mountains, and cascading waterfallsSights nearby - Visit the iconic Waimea Canyon and Koke'e state parkSailing - Hire a catamaran for the dayFull of character
Vintage and authentic Old Hawaii style cottages set on a golden sand beach on the remote Western side of the island. Self-contained rustic cottages offer island decor: hardwood floors, hammocks, BBQs and patios with Adirondack chairs. Lounge by the pool or play volleyball on the beach. Idyllic. See More
Surfjack Hotel & Swim Club Honolulu 112 rooms from £142Beach Life - The hotel is a couple of streets from the beach where guests can enjoy activities like surfing and paddle boardingGreat walks - Diamond Head State Monument is only a 15 minute drive awayLocal markets - The International Market Place is 8 minutes' walk awaySailing - Go on a sunset catarman cruise
A 1960s Hawaii vintage style boutique hotel, just 5 minutes from Waikiki Beach. Rooms are spacious and luxury with local eclectic artworks, ceiling fans, private balconies and walk-in showers. Lounge by the pool in a cabana and sip on creative cocktails. The restaurant serves delicious local fare. See More
The Old Wailuku Inn Wailuku, Maui 10 rooms from £144Beach Life - The B&B provides guests with towels, chairs and coolers for the beachActive Holiday - Maui offers some of the best places to surf and snorkel in the worldGreat walks - Explore Haleakala National Park with miles of breathtaking trailsSights nearby - Visit the beautiful botanical gardens
An intimate and charming B&B just a few streets from historic Wailuku Town. Spacious traditional rooms and suites feature Hawaiian quilts, jetted tubs and balconies overlooking the lush gardens. Enjoy delicious local homemade breakfasts on the terrace. An ideal base for exploring the best of Maui. See More
The Inn at Kulaniapia Falls Hilo, Island of Hawai'i 13 rooms from £163Active Holiday - Nearby activites include hiking trails, bamboo gardens, swimming and kayakingOutstanding location - The inn sits among 22 lush natural acres surrounding Hawaii’s largest privately accessible waterfallCooking classes - Guests can partake in a sustainable cooking class at Kulaniapia FarmsKayaking - Kayak down the river to the falls
An intimate sustainable inn set on 42-acres right next to Kulaniapia Falls. Beautiful and spacious rooms feature Asian inspired decor, private lanais and waterfall views. Enjoy delicious farm-to-table fare. Kayaking, paddleboarding and cooking classes can be arranged. A tranquil hideaway. See More
Volcano Eco Retreat by Heartcore Hotels Mountain View, Island of Hawai'i 3 rooms from £172Eco break - The hotel's sustainability ethics include: LEED certified bamboo construction, no single-use plastic and natural ventilationLocal exploring - Easy access to Hilo, Kona, Mauna Kea, turtles, black and green sand beaches and waterfallsTotal relaxation - Meditation, morning yoga, an outdoor spa, zen garden and forest bathingOutstanding location - The hotel is on the footstep of two mighty volcanos
A luxurious eco-hotel set in the lush jungle between Hilo and Volcano National Park. Rustic-chic bamboo huts have natural decor and large wraparound verandas. Expect a real emphasis on relaxation and wellbeing with hammocks, outdoor massages, meditation & yoga. A tranquil adult-only stay. See More
Paia Inn Paia, Maui 10 rooms from £179Romantic Break - The romance package includes: a bouquet of tropical flowers and decadent gourmet chocolate trufflesBeach Life - Sunbathe on the stunning beach and borrow beach chairs and boogie boards from the hotelActive Holiday - Book a surf, stand-up paddle, windsurf or kitesurf lessonSights nearby - For incredible aerial views of Maui take a helicopter tour
A luxury hotel set in the heart of Paia, a bohemian town on the North Shore. Smart rooms feature wooden floors, a mix of traditional and modern furniture, and the best have french doors opening onto terraces. With excellent Japanese or local fare and direct beach access, this is an indulgent stay. See More
The Laylow Honolulu 251 rooms from £185Local exploring - Take a day trip to the surf capitol of Haleiwa on the North ShoreBeach Life - The hotel offers towels and chairs for a perfect beach dayGreat walks - The hotel is less than 5km from Diamond Head Crater HikeViews - Enjoy spectacular city and ocean views
A contemporary boutique hotel, just 5 minutes from Waikiki beach. Spacious and contemporary rooms filled with creative artworks, stunning ocean views from private balconies and walk-in showers. Enjoy delicious Korean fare, relax by the pool in a private cabana and sip on innovative cocktails. See More
Lotus Garden Cottages Volcano, Island of Hawai'i 3 rooms from £191Back to Nature - Hawaii Volcanoes National Park is laden with breathtaking sites and exciting adventuresLocal exploring - Central location to enjoy waterfalls, black sand beaches and resortsHideaway - Tranquil getaway, far from the hustle and bustle of city lifeSights nearby - Explore the breathtaking Volcanoes National Park
A romantic and intimate B&B set just outside Volcano National Park. Spacious cottages and suites feature Asian and Hawaiian inspired décor, zen artefacts and generous wrap-around lanais. Wonder the peaceful gardens and enjoy a delicious gourmet breakfast. An idyllic and serene getaway. See More
Turtle Bay Resort Hawaii 464 rooms from £218Beach Life - Be it surfing or sunbathing that takes your interest the beach is pristine and just steps from the property.Families - Endless activities to keep everyone entertained.Great walks - Take picturesque coastal walks and stop for swims along the way.Surfing - Oahu’s North Shore is world famous for its surfing.
A chic Hawaiian resort on the world-famous surf area of Oahu’s North Shore. Contemporary rooms feature luxury bathrooms, floor to ceiling glass doors and large terraces. Numerous bars and restaurants leave guests spoilt for choice. Find an array of outdoor pursuits. Perfect for family holidays. See More
Queen Kapiolani Honolulu 315 rooms from £222Beach Life - Ideally situated just steps from Waikiki Beach, this hotel is perfect for a relaxing seaside getawayRomantic Break - With uninterrupted sea views from the hotel, book this beach bolt-hole for a romantic island holidayFamilies - Larger suites can accommodate up to two children, perfect for a family beach breakSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
This chic hotel is nestled on the edge of Kapiolani Park, steps from spectacular Waikiki Beach. Guestrooms have traditional Hawaiian furniture in pastel palettes and regional art. The hotel's sleek swimming pool boasts unobstructed views of Diamond Head, the perfect place to rest and rejuvenate. See More
Volcano House Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Island of Hawai'i 33 rooms from £222Back to Nature - Situated on the crater of a Volcano - guests will feel immersed amongst one of the most magnificent natural processesActive Holiday - A once-in-a-lifetime adventure, waking on the edge of an active volcano and a UNESCO Heritage SiteOutstanding location - The only hotel inside the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, a Unesco World Heritage SiteGreat walks - Walk through a verdant rainforest and listen for the calls of native birds at Nāhuku (Thurston Lava Tube)
A historic hotel set on the edge of a crater in the UNESCO world heritage site, Volcanoes National Park. Traditional and elegant rooms are simply designed with wood furniture and private lanais with fab vistas of the crater. Two restaurants offering casual and fine dining. A truly unique stay. See More
Alohilani Resort Honolulu 839 rooms from £224Foodies - Famous Japanese chef, Waikiki Beach, has an outpost. There's also cocktail bars, beach clubs bites, Sunday brunch & Haagen-DazsBeach Life - Rent a cabana at the ocean-facing infinity pool or head to Waikiki Beach for surfing, swimming and snorkellingFamilies - The Monkeypod Kids club offers daily indoor and outdoor activities from kite-making to lawn gamesSights nearby - Hononlulu offers plenty to do from swimming with dolphins, hiking and golf to historical sites such as Pearl Harbour
Contemporary beach resort with a lively Copacabana party-feel. Ocean views abound from the infinity pool, restaurants and room balconies. Interiors are fresh with clean lines, blonde woods and calming cream palette. The relaxed but upscale vibe suits sociable couples and families in equal measure. See More
Grand Hyatt Resort & Spa Koloa, Kauai 602 rooms from £240Families - A range of children’s activities are offered from ukulele lessons to waterside races and seaside evening s’moresBeach Life - Situated right on the beachfront, perfect for exploring Kauai's beautiful sweeping beachesTotal relaxation - Unwind at the spa or lounge by one of the four poolsSpa - Anara Spa offers treatments such as relaxing massages, facials, manicures, pedicures
A grand family-friendly resort overlooking Keoneloa Bay. Spacious tropical rooms feature wooden accents, balconies, and marble bathrooms with walk-in showers. With 4 pools, a lazy river, 6 restaurants, 9 bars, a golf course and a relaxing spa, guests are spoilt for choice at this luxury resort! See More
Koloa Landing Resort Koloa, Kauai 298 rooms from £244Local exploring - From the depths of Waimea Canyon to the towering emerald cliffs of Napali, Kauai is an explorers paradiseFamilies - With a family lagoon with slides, a wide range of menus and spacious suites, this is a family destinationTotal relaxation - Indulge at the spa or relax by the pool and sip cocktails!Spa - Enjoy high-end treatments at the spa. With 5 private treatment rooms and the island’s only all-copper Ofuro Japanese soaking tub
A luxury resort on the sunny South Shore near world-famous beaches. Chic and spacious rooms feature blue hues, lanais overlooking the ocean and rain showers. Indulge at the spa. Families can discover the aquatic playground with 3 pools, BBQs, whirlpools, fire pits, full food & beverage service. See More
Volcano Village Lodge Volcano, Island of Hawai'i 5 rooms from £250Local exploring - The inn is only one mile from Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and close to the green sand beach and the black sand beachFamilies - The Mauna Loa suite is the perfect option for families. The hotel also provides games and DVDsNo restaurant - In-room breakfasts are provided to guestsSights nearby - Take a trip to Rainbow Falls a 80” tall waterfall or explore the Kaumana Caves
A charming hotel set just 2 miles from Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Private and intimate lodges and rooms feature fireplaces, cosy sitting areas, terraces with swinging chairs and lush rainforest views. Enjoy a delicious homemade in-room breakfast. A quiet base to explore the Volcano area from. See More
The Modern Honolulu (Hawaii) 353 rooms from £281Local markets - Farmers markets showcase freshly baked goods, home grown fruit and veg and local cuisines.Fishing - Go deep sea fishing.Lively - Hip and happening.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
High rise resort and contemporary luxury inside. Rooms are light, fully equipped with some offering sea views. Handful of restaurants, four bars, two spas and a nightclub when the day of relaxing is over. The perfect destination for a city breaks in the heart of Hawaii's capital. See More
Ho'Oilo House Lahaina, Maui 6 rooms from £288Beach Life - Maui is a water-lovers paradise with snorkelling, swimming, sailing and cruisingActive Holiday - Explore Maui on a cycling or biking excursion plus there's golf nearbySurfing - Try to ride the waves with Goofy Foot Surf School or Rivers to the SeaDiving - Lahaina Divers or Maui Scooter Divers offer diving excursions
An intimate and luxurious B&B set just south of Lahaina. Six spacious rooms have private lanai's (porches), incredible pacific ocean vistas, and bathrooms with natural rock floors and clawfoot tubs. Take a dip in the pool or try to spot whales from the terrace. A perfect base for an adventure! See More
Holualoa Inn Holualoa, Island of Hawai'i 8 rooms from £300Hideaway - The B&B is nestled in the charming but remote town of Holualoa, it is the perfect spot for unwindingTotal relaxation - Zen vibes, stunning views and a gorgeous poolSights nearby - Visit the stunning Kohala Waterfalls or the Volcanoes National ParkRestrictions on children - The B&B is better suited for families with older children
An idyllic and zen B&B set in the quaint town of Holualoa. Spacious, contemporary and cool rooms feature wooden accents, private lanais and spectacular Pacific views. Soak in the sun by the pool and watch the sunset from the gazebo. Enjoy sumptuous breakfasts made with garden produce. Very chic. See More
Fairmont Orchid Waimea, Island of Hawai'i 540 rooms from £311Families - Spacious suites, watersports, a kids club and family-friendly menus make this a perfect base for familiesActive Holiday - The beach clubs cover all kinds of aquatic adventures from canoeing and paddleboarding to fishingBeach Life - Unwind on the resort's private beach with its loungers and umbrellasSpa breaks
A luxurious family-friendly resort with its own stunning private beach, 6 restaurants, spa and golf course. Elegant rooms and suites feature beautiful ocean views and marble bathrooms. Sip on cocktails poolside, take hula lessons or snorkel in the crystal blue waters. A tropical paradise. See More
Koa Kea Hotel & Resort Hawaii, Kauai 121 rooms from £335Active Holiday - If you can tear yourself away from the property the activity options are endless from golf to helicopter rides or whale watchingBeach Life - Set beside a long stretch of sandy beach (best enjoyed from the outdoor massage beds) - a luxurious choice for a beach breakTotal relaxation - A quiet atmosphere, indulgent rooms with L’Occitane bath products, and a full service spa all ensure a relaxing staySurfing - Soft surf breaks make this a good choice for beginners while neighbouring beaches offer larger waves for the experiencedRecommended by - Tablet
A luxury resort located on a quiet stretch of golden sand beach. Contemporary rooms are spacious and bright; the best have private patios with ocean views. A full-service spa, an award-winning Hawaiian restaurant, and spot-on service ensure an indulgent break. Suitable for couples or families. See More
Fairmont Kea Lani Wailea-Makena, Maui 450 rooms from £343Total relaxation - Lounge by one of the three main pools and sip on cocktails or unwind at the luxurious spaFamilies - Spacious suites, 140' waterslide, kids pool and beach activites offer hours of family funActive Holiday - Choose a range of activites from hiking and cycling to kayaking and divingBeach Life - Sunbathe on the beach under the resort's umbrellas
A luxury resort set in the Wailea resort area. Stylish rooms and suites feature olive tones, lanais overlooking the Pacific and rain showers. Relish in traditional Hawaiian culture and cuisine. Complete with a watersports centre, 3 pools, beach, spa and family-friendly amenities. A has-it-all stay. See More
Ohi'a Park Estate Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawai'i 4 rooms from £351Back to Nature - Discover the rainforest, volcanoes, the rugged central area, the hidden gems of the North as well as the breathtaking coastsBeach nearby - Explore Magic Sands Beach and Kahalu'u Beach ParkSights nearby - Visit the famous and breathtaking Volcanoes National ParkRestrictions on children - Children under the age of 13 are not allowed
An intimate B&B set amongst the lush rainforest. Four luxurious suites feature private lanais, wood floors, and modern bathrooms with walk-in showers. Relax on a lounge chair on the lanai and unwind in the outdoor spa. An ideal base for discovering the beauty of the Big Island. A laidback stay. See More
Hana-Maui Resort Hana, Maui 74 rooms from £359Bar - Popular with locals.Fishing - See how the fishermen do it with throw net fishing.Tennis - Have a knock around on one of the tennis courts.Views - All cottages have views of the ocean.
74 ocean view cottages in 66 acres of lush tropical gardens that house a pool, tennis court, croquet lawn and various private and communal hot tubs. High ceiling and contemporary in decor, rooms are luxurious with private seating and scenic views. The menu is locally inspired and created for all. See More
The Ritz Carlton Kapalua Kapalua, Maui 463 rooms from £389Active Holiday - On-site activities range from surfing, boogie boarding, sailing, kayaking, outrigger canoeing and stand-up paddlingFamilies - Spacious suites, full children playground, family pool, kids club and burger shack- perfect for familiesBack to Nature - Miles of hiking trails, natural sanctuaries and six golden sand beaches offer endless adventureSpa - Indulge in indigenous spa treatments with body treatments, massage and facialsRecommended by - Tablet
An opulent resort with luxurious rooms featuring local artworks, sweeping ocean vistas, marble bathrooms with rain showers and soaking tubs. Expect a championship golf course, outdoor pools with elegant cabanas, full-service spa, 6 restaurants and numerous watersports. Ideal for a family break See More
Four Seasons Maui at Wailea Wailea, Maui 380 rooms from £390Tennis - Two tennis courts at the resort for all.Kayaking - Complimentary outrigger canoes for all.Great walks - Walk along Makena Beach State Park.Seaside - Hawaii at its finest.
This seaside spot is picture perfect. Between three salt pools, 24 hour fitness studios, the three restaurants and countless activities there truly is something for everyone. Rooms are modern and luxurious with sea views. Perfect for relaxing, local beach exploring or romantic island life getaways. See More
Hotel Wailea Kihei, Maui 72 rooms from £390Adult OnlyGreat walks - Through the tropical gardens and pick the exotic reigional fruit.Remote - Sitting in 15 acres of lush tropical gardens.Views - Stunning views on the sea.
Sitting in 15 acres of tropical gardens on the Maui's southern coastline are luxurious and spacious rooms for romantic getaways and adventurous couples. The award winning Capische offers Mediterranean dishes. Fitness and yoga are on tap,the beaches are a must and the setting oozes intimacy and calm. See More
Halekulani Honolulu (Hawaii) 453 rooms from £414Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Fishing - Excellent fishing nearby.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Five star luxury in an unbeatable location on Waikiki Beach, overlooking Diamond Head. Rooms are contemporary, large and well equipped. Award winning restaurants on site offer a variety of cuisines & all feature locally sourced produce. Ideal for an active beach break, with city benefits too! See More
Kahala Hotel & Resort Honolulu 371 rooms from £4255* Luxury - Known to have played host to some very discerning guests (think Angelina Jolie) - be prepared to be seriously pamperedFamilies - A well equipped kids clubs runs a wide range of activities every day of the week leaving parents plenty of downtimeBeach Life - Set on 800-foot long white sandy beach with complimentary beach loungers and five-star serviceKayaking - Take a sea kayak out to explore the coastlineRecommended by - Tablet
A five-star resort set in a discrete spot on a stretch of white sand beach. Well-appointed rooms have all the luxury trimmings - clean modern design, chaise longues, bathtubs, and goose-down duvets. Three restaurants offer up some serious fine-dining plus there's a spa and host of activities. See More
Mauna Kea Beach Hotel Waimea, Island of Hawai'i 252 rooms from £444Families - Spacious suites, beach activities, kid-friendly menus and a fantastic kids club make this resort an ideal family destinationActive Holiday - From surfing, canoeing, paddleboarding, snorkelling to tennis, golf and lawn games- guests won't go boredKids Club - Mauna Kea Keiki Club Adventures is a daily program with fun and adventure to enhance every child’s Hawaiian vacation experienceSpa - The spa combines Balinese and Hawaiian-inspired therapies with massages, treatments and wraps
An opulent resort set on an idyllic private beach. Elegant rooms and suites feature traditional Hawaiian accents, stunning panoramic views and large lanais. Families will love this resort with its watersports, kids club, 5 restaurants, spa, tennis courts and beach activities. An idyllic beach break. See More
Andaz Maui at Wailea Resort Wailea, Maui 347 rooms from £491Active Holiday - From golf and tennis to watersports and yoga- guests won't get bored at this paradise resortSpecial Offer - Experience an authentic beachfront Polynesian luau right at the resortTotal relaxation - Unwind at the spa or soak in the sun with the choice between 5 poolsSpa - 15,000 square foot full-service spa with a private adult poolRecommended by - Tablet
An idyllic family-friendly resort situated on the south shore of Maui. Fresh rooms, suites & villas feature soothing neutral palettes, modern wood furnishings and sweeping Pacific views. Complete with four restaurants, bars, five pools, a full-service spa and watersports centre. A tropical paradise! See More
Sensei Lanai A Four Seasons Resort Lanai City, Lana'i 217 rooms from £507Spa breaks - A wellness retreat. Classes and spa treatments are included and are arranged through a Sensei guideTotal relaxation - With zen gardens, full-service spa and a pool - this is a very relaxing staySpa - Indulge at the ultra zen spa with traditional massage treatments, body wraps and much moreGreat walks - Discover the nearby hiking trails through the serene forest
A chic wellness retreat set amongst a tranquil forest. Contemporary rooms are filled with natural light, neutral colour tones and have private balconies. Rejuvenate with meditation and yoga lessons, spa therapies and exercise classes. Complete with a Nobu restaurant - this is luxury defined. See More
Four Seasons Hualalai Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawai'i 243 rooms from 695Tennis - With eight courts for all year use, as well as two that are flood light for evening knock abouts.Great walks - Walking around the island is a must. As well as zip-lining for more adrenaline.Kayaking - Closer to shore, get involved in paddle boarding and outrigging canoing.Sights nearby - Enjoy a two hour helicopter ride to the nearby active Kilauea volcano.
Manicured gardens, Pacific Ocean views and luxurious rooms with Hawaiian decor. Seven pools, three restaurants and two lounges, with ample space to relax, unwind and stroll along the private beaches. The spa, dolphin watching, zip-lining and snorkeling are some of the activities readily available. See More
Ritz Carlton Residences Waikiki Beach Honolulu 204 rooms from £561Local exploring - The resort is just a short walk from the beautiful beaches of Waikiki, premium dining and shopping destinationsFamilies - With spacious suites, kid-friendly pools and an ice-cream cart- families will love this resortBack to Nature - Discover the natural beauty at Diamond Head Crater and Kapiolani ParkSpa - The spa uses native elements, including volcanic stones, rainforest leaves, lehua blossoms and lomilomi massage techniques
A luxury family-friendly resort, set in the glamorous neighbourhood of Waikiki Beach. Spacious and chic rooms with incredible views of the ocean and marble bathrooms. Indulge in Hawaiian spa treatments and relax by the rooftop infinity pool. Don't miss the one-of-a-kind Japanese tasting-menu. See More
Mauna Lani Bay Resort Puako, Island of Hawai'i 341 rooms from £624Beach Life - Set on an idyllic stretch of white sand beach - this is the perfect Hawaiian beach escapeGolf - 36-hole course neighbouring the propertySpa - Auberge Spa offers a range of treatments that are steeped in Hawaiian culture using indigenous healing ingredientsSwimming Pool - Three outdoor pools
A luxury resort set on a beautiful stretch of beach with views of three volcanoes. Spacious rooms are simple yet elegant with indulgent bathrooms and large windows framing the sea views. With every conceivable activity under the sun from floating yoga to mountain bike tours - a hit with all ages. See More
Montage Kapalua Bay Kapalua, Maui 56 rooms from £780Golf - Kapalua Bay is considered one of the best resorts for golf worldwide; play at The Plantation Course and The Bay CourseFamilies - An ideal resort for families due to the multi-room residences, Kid's Club, playgrounds, board games and babysittingBeach Life - Spend the day at the white sand beach and then return to a sea-view residence. Blue hues are everywhere hereTotal relaxation - Combine lazy beach days, spa time, fine dining, sea views and child-care for the ultimate restful holiday
Set across 24 lush acres, this Maui beach resort has it all. 54 residences, many multi-bedroom, are spacious, elegant and contemporary with a fresh palette, amazing views and top of the range amenities. The wellness centre is extensive and there are 6 dining options; you won't ever want to leave. See More
The Lodge at Kukui'ula Koloa, Kauai 40 rooms from £780Active Holiday - The resort offers three-day immersive experiences that equip participants with skills in a range of sports and activitiesSpa breaks - Hi'ilani Spa hosts one-of-a-kind wellness retreats with world-renowned yogis, movement experts and wellness gurusFamilies - With unlimited ice cream, games sweets and treats, the Club’s Game Room is the perfect spot for familiesLocal exploring - Explore the Garden Isle, with its stunning beaches, waterfalls and canyons
A family-friendly resort on the south shore of Kauai. Luxurious contemporary villas and rooms have ample indoor/outdoor space and balconies. The resort offers 5 pools, watersports, golf and a vast spa and wellness centre. Expect organic fresh Hawaiian delicacies and delicious handcrafted cocktails. See More
Four Seasons Resort Lanai Lanai, Lana'i 217 rooms from £839Romantic Break - The beach-side location, romantic dining and couples' massages make this perfect for a break for twoFamilies - Well equipped for those travelling with children, the best thing being the superb kids clubGreat walks - Take a guided hike to Pu'upehe, one of Lânai’s most iconic landmarksRomantic - Good for couples.
The Four Seasons know how to do luxury and this Hawaiin offering is no letdown. Elegant rooms are made with local wood and have a sophisticated minimalist Japanese feel. Dine in the casual poolside restaurant or dress-up and feast at Nobu. With a number of pools and a spa this is a spoiling stay. See More
Timbers Kaua'i Ocean Club & Residences Lihue, Kauai 47 rooms from £1252Beach Life - Kalapaki Beach is home to the resort’s beach club, with surfboards, paddleboards, snorkelling equipment and kayaks for hireFamilies - With a fantastic kids club, spacious suites, childrens menu and a specific pool, it is a children's paradiseActive Holiday - Yoga, pilates, personal training and guided bike rides are all offered at the resortSpa - The Spa at Timbers Kaua'i specialises in massage and facials and uses Hawaiian plant-based oilsRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A new luxury oceanfront resort south of Lihue. Elegant contemporary rooms feature sea-inspired interiors, terraces with plunge pools and ocean views. Sip on handcrafted cocktails oceanside and eat Hawaiian delicacies. Enjoy two pools, a relaxing spa, beach access, golf course and watersports. See More