- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Indianapolis
The roar of engines and the smell of hot rubber draws motorsport fanatics to Indianapolis, home of Indy Car Racing. Fans pack the stadium for the classic Indy 500 every May. True fan? Take a Victory Lap round the track with the Indy Racing Experience (professional driver included!) Not a petrolhead? The best places to stay in Indianapolis also put you at the centre of arts, music, culture and outdoor activities.
What Not To Miss
- Indianapolis has balanced its love of four wheeled speed by opening up the city centre to environmentally friendly exploration. Take the Indianapolis Cultural Trail on foot, rent a bike or even a Segway. It's a wide 8-mile biking and walking trail linking museums, parks and retail therapy in the shape of the Circle Centre Mall.
- It also connects with riverbank trails running through White River State Park, home to the Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art, the Indiana State Museum and an IMAX Theatre with a six-storey screen.
- Disengaged teens will surely snap into action at Go Ape Treetop Adventure, a zip wire and treetop obstacle experience set in the beautiful Eagle Creek Park, on the northern edge of Indianapolis,
- More peaceful pursuits include trail running, hiking, kayaking and swimming in the lake (open from May to October). Plus there's lots of wildlife to spot and a bird observatory centre.
The capital city of Indiana state and the second largest city in the USA’s midwest, Indianapolis offers a multi-faceted visitor experience. Our pick of the best places to stay in Indianapolis is ideally located for exploring the city's main attractions, or venturing further afield for motorsport or the great outdoors.
The best places to stay in Indianapolis
For downtown location
- The Alexander Hotel is a modern hotel in the heart of the downtown area, a few minutes walk from the Cultural Trail. Rooms and public areas have striking modern artwork specially commissioned for the hotel, and great views over the city. There's a fitness suite, two restaurants and a cocktail bar serving individually blended cocktails and local craft-brewed beers.
For an apartment
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a selection of properties ideal for exploring the city and the outdoors beyond.
- Fly to Indianapolis International Airport located 20.9km (13 miles) from Indianapolis with a wide range of domestic and International flights including to Europe and Canada.
- Alternatively, there's daily Amtrak rail links to Indianapolis from Chicago amongst other services.
- If you want to rent a car - for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - the summer months from June to August for warm weather for exploring the city.
Still Not Sure?
- Browse through our selection of the best places to stay in Indianapolis.
- Alternatively, widen the net to include our recommendations in all of Indiana.
- Or contact, one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Indianapolis
Alexander Hotel 209 rooms from £153Indianapolis (IN)
Striking, contemporary decor - rooms on the top floors offer vibrant city views. Includes two in-house restaurants and a bar. Long stay facilities available in residential style suites. High-speed internet and 24-hr room service. Ideal for both business and leisure travellers.Local exploring - Conveniently located in the downtown area, close to important sitesFamilies - Suites available with 2 bedrooms including full kitchensCity Style - Artfully designed rooms with all modern amenitiesLively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Tablet