Search the best hotels in Little Rock
About Little Rock
Arkansas’ leafy state capital, Little Rock is an excellent destination for history and culture buffs, as well as outdoorsy explorers. This small city is perched on the south bank of the Arkansas River, within easy reach of the spectacular Ozark and Ouachita Mountains. Accommodation options include heritage B&Bs as well as elegant landmark hotels, fit for a whole range of tastes and budgets. Many of the best places to stay in Arkansas are close to the downtown area, well-situated for exploring.
Cultural attractions abound in Little Rock. Visit the William J Clinton Presidential Library and Museum, and delve into the region’s past at the Old State House Museum, set in a striking Greek Revival building. The Arkansas Arts Centre and the State Capitol are also highlights. The Little Rock Central High School National Historic Site commemorates the role of the Little Rock Nine in the fight for Civil Rights and desegregation — it’s a fascinating place to tour, especially in conjunction with other sites on the Civil Rights Trail.
Head into Pinnacle Mountain State Park for hiking, rock climbing and paddling, cycle along the Arkansas River Trail, or go kayaking, fishing and boating. There are great parks, golf courses, a nature centre and a zoo in Little Rock, too, ideal for active travellers of all ages.
Back in the city centre, the revitalised downtown area is home to a burgeoning array of bars, eateries and entertainment venues. Check out the latest events and exhibitions before retiring to one of the best places to stay in Little Rock.
The Best Places to Stay in Little Rock
For a Romantic B&B
- The Empress of Little Rock is a Gothic mansion featuring sumptuous interiors filled with warm textiles, antique furnishings and hardwood floors. Book one of nine suites — some of which have big spa tubs — and tuck in to generous breakfasts before exploring downtown Little Rock. Grown-up and romantic.
For a Landmark City Hotel
- The Capital Hotel has been a Little Rock landmark since its establishment in 1870. The imposing building, close to the Arkansas River, houses 94 elegant rooms, as well as two restaurants and a lively bar. Brilliant for couples, families or business travellers. Smart and historic.
FOR AN APARTMENT
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Clinton National Airport, and take a bus or taxi into the centre of Little Rock.
- Arkansas is great for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Visit in the spring (April - May) or autumn (September - October) for pleasant temperatures. Summer is peak season, and it can also be very hot.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Browse our list of the best places to stay in Hot Springs.
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Arkansas.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Little Rock
Best Hotels in Little Rock
The Empress of Little Rock Little Rock 9 rooms from £144Local exploring - Well positioned in Little Rock downtown, there are plenty of restaurants, shops, bars, and attractions within walking distanceRomantic Break - All the rooms have a romantic feel but couples should pick one of the Spa Suites with fireplaces and two-person jetted tubsSights nearby - Stoll down to Arkansas State Capitol and admire the striking buildingLocal markets - Sample local produce at the farmers' market in South Main District
A stunning Gothic red-brick mansion set in the heart of downtown. Wonderfully atmospheric rooms are packed with antiques and boast hardwood floors and fireplaces; Spa Suites boast jetted tubs. Enjoy indulgent breakfasts in the grand dining room before exploring the city. Grown-up and romantic. See More
The Capital Hotel, Little Rock Little Rock (Arkansas) 94 rooms from £152Local markets - Little Rock River Market District is worth an explore.Sights nearby - Cathedral of Saint Andrew.Views - Great views from hotelFour poster beds - For romantics.
This 1870 establishment offers over 140 years of excellent service and modern comfort. Large, antique furnished rooms with contemporary bathrooms and seating area. Two restaurants offer local cuisine or relax at the bar. Great for Arkansas history, a business trip or a family getaway. See More