Search the best hotels in Nebraska
The mid-western state of Nebraska has a wonderful ability to surprise visitors with its rich history, cultural attractions and impressive natural wonders. The dramatic rock formations, towering sand dunes and gentle river valleys of the Panhandle region offer a fascinating contrast to the bewitching expanse of the Great Plains — ideal for outdoorsy explorers. Accommodation options include everything from remote, self-catering spots to hip city hotels fit for a whole host of tastes and budgets. Many of the best places to stay in Nebraska are in Lincoln, NE, the state capital, and vibrant Omaha, in the striking north-east.
Nebraska’s Panhandle is an other-worldly landscape studded with huge bluffs rising from the plains. 800ft-tall Scotts Bluff, for instance, was a key route-marker on the Oregon Trail, whilst the striking spire of Chimney Rock steered weary pioneers towards safe resting places. Both offer marvellous walking routes — where you can look out for historic wagon ruts — as well as an informative visitor centre. Head to the Agate Fossil Beds National Monument to discover the ancient bones of the dinosaurs who once congregated in the area. The region is fantastic for keen hikers, cyclists and horse riders.
For more contemporary wildlife, the Nebraska Nature & Visitor Centre, near Grand Island, promises sightings of 500,000 sandhill cranes and millions of waterfowl during the annual migrations. Buffalo Bill Ranch State Historical Park, in North Platte, offers a special insight into the life of legendary Bill Cody and the Wild West Show.
Nebraska’s cities, on the other hand, are hubs of fabulous food and culture. Lincoln, NE, boasts an array of attractions, including the Nebraska State Capitol, the lovely Sunken Gardens and the Sheldon Museum of Art. You’ll find a great buzz at the eateries and boutiques of the Haymarket District. Similarly, Omaha’s Old Market District is home to appealing art galleries, theatres, restaurants and museums. The city’s Joslyn Art Museum, Durham Museum and Henry Doorly Zoo are particular highlights.
Whether you’re keen to experience the cities or the Great Plains, the best places to stay in Nebraska promise a welcoming base for a mid-western adventure.
The Best Places to Stay in Nebraska
FOR GREAT VALUE
- Graduate Lincoln is a funky hotel in Lincoln, NE's historic Haymarket District, just moments from Lincoln University. Spacious rooms have a cool retro theme with tartan fabrics, wood panelling and vintage furnishings. Play arcade games, chill out in the swimming pool and kick off your evening at the lively bar. A great value spot for a sociable stay as a couple, group or family.
FOR BOUTIQUE CHIC
- The Kindler promises an elegant boutique stay near Lincoln, NE's city centre, with soothing rooms clad in creams, greys and light pinks. The hip cocktail bar and delectable eatery are a big draw. Romantic, grown-up and well-suited to stylish business or leisure travellers.
FOR HISTORIC GRANDEUR
- Hotel Deco XV was built as an Art Deco office tower in 1930, before undergoing an extensive restoration to become one of Nebraska's finest hotels. Expect sophisticated monochrome interiours, fabulous food and delectable cocktails — sipped under glittering chandeliers. For romantics or smart business travellers eager to stay in central Omaha.
- Magnolia Hotel is a magnificent downtown property with 145 indulgent rooms and suites — the best of which span two floors. With an onsite gym, attractive restaurant, well-equipped meeting rooms and easy access to the museums and theatres of Omaha's Old Market district, this is a top choice for business or leisure. Constructed in the 1920s, the hotel is on the National Register of Historic Places.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY COTTAGE
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Omaha's Eppley Airfield, the largest airport in Nebraska, or to Lincoln Municipal Airport. Travel to your hotel by car or bus.
- Nebraska is great for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel during the summer months (June to August) for temperatures of around 27 - 30°C, but do be aware that this is peak season. Come in the spring (April - May) or autumn (September - October) for fewer crowds and excellent hotel deals.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Browse our list of the best places to stay in Lincoln, NE.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Nebraska.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Nebraska
Best Hotels in Nebraska
Graduate Lincoln Lincoln, NE 231 rooms from £81Local exploring - Very much designed to be a base for those visiting the university but it is also a great central option for all city exploringCity Style - With a tiki bar, arcade games in the lobby, and fun retro design - this is a youthful yet chic city crashpadLess £ - With rooms starting around the $100 mark, this is a very reasonable optionRestaurant - Coffee, lunch, and all day breakfast is served at Poindexter and all American fare is served at John J’s Tiki Bar
A stylish Graduate located in the historic Haymarket District, just moments from Lincoln University. Spacious rooms have a cool retro theme with tartan fabrics, wood-clad walls, and vintage furnishings. Downstairs, the lobby is equipped with arcade games and there's a lively Tiki bar. Very hip. See More
Hotel Deco XV Omaha 89 rooms from £155Sights nearby - Orpheum Theatre is 2min walk, Henry Doorly Zoo is 7min drive, and Omaha Old Market District is 10min walk from the hotel.Restaurant - Heritage Food & Wine RestaurantAirport transfer - Free airport shuttle
A 14 story monolith rearing up out of downtown Omaha, this bastion of Nebraska Art Deco offers the ultimate in luxurious living, sleeping, dining and drinking. Interiors are sophisticated in sleek black & white with metal and wood accents. The soaring Encore Lounge serves cocktails and wines. See More
The Kindler Hotel Lincoln, NE 45 rooms from £163Local exploring - Ideally located in downtown Lincoln for exploring the city's most renowned attractions and restaurants on footRestaurant - A seasonal dining menu developed by Brian Boitano is served in Boitano’s LoungeSights nearby - Watch the Nebraska Cornhuskers in action at Memorial StadiumAirport transfer
A chic centrally-located hotel offering stylish modern design and a hip cocktail bar. Elegant rooms and suites feature simple modern furniture, cool grey hues, and plush bedding. The lively restaurant serves up regional classics. Convenient and luxurious, well suited to business or leisure. See More
Magnolia Hotel, Omaha Omaha 145 rooms from £249Business meetings - With 7 meeting/break out rooms, on site catering, and state-of-the-art equipment — this is an ideal venue for business meetingsLocal exploring - Ideally located in the Old Market district with the CenturyLink Center, the historic Orpheum Theater and more nearbyRestaurant - Locally-sourced menus for dinner consisting of favourite local dishesAirport transfer
A grand hotel ideally situated in the Old Market district. The design of the rooms mixes contemporary style with vintage touches. For (a lot) of extra luxury pick one of the suites some of which span over two floors. With an on-site gym and restaurant, this is an easy choice for business or leisure. See More