Search the best hotels in Omaha
Lying by the Missouri River near the Iowa border, with its skyline reflected in the water, is the Nebraskan city of Omaha. While often overlooked by travellers, it is a fantastic starting point for exploring Nebraska, and makes for a wonderful weekend break, boasting a bustling waterfront neighbourhood, a vibrant nightlife, world-class museums and a rich history of pioneers dating back through the centuries. From the Old Market neighbourhood - a wonderful dining spot in terms of gourmet restaurants and chic little cafes - to the grassy riverbanks lined with wide green canopied trees, the city has so much to offer in terms of good food and interesting sights. From the famous Henry Doorly Zoo to the botanical gardens, it is a rich and varied city, and a great base camp for visiting the Omaha reservations of Native Americans in the northeast of the state. All of our Guru’s recommendations for the best places to stay in Omaha benefit from this town’s reputation for old fashioned hospitality.
What not to miss
- Visit the Durham Museum, converted from Omaha's beautiful old Art Deco Union Station, which houses several impressive exhibitions on local history.
- Enjoy a day out at the Henry Doorly Zoo.
- Wander around the Old Market and have a bite to eat at one of the many gourmet restaurants.
- Explore the beautiful Lauritzen Gardens.
- Immerse yourself in contemporary art at the Joslyn Art Museum.
Why not browse through our collection of the best places to stay in Omaha to start planning your trip?
The best places to stay in Omaha
- The Hotel Deco XV is a 14 storey monolith, with 89 rooms rising out of downtown Omaha. This is a luxurious property with sophisticated monochrome interiors and a wonderful Art Deco feel. Expect cocktails and luxurious living.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has several villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- The best time to go is during the summer when the temperature ranges between 16 and 31 degrees.
- Fly to Eppley Airfield, an international airport.
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Omaha.
- Expand your search to include all our Nebraska recommendations.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Omaha
Best Hotels in Omaha
Hotel Deco XV Omaha 89 rooms from £155Sights nearby - Orpheum Theatre is 2min walk, Henry Doorly Zoo is 7min drive, and Omaha Old Market District is 10min walk from the hotel.
A 14 story monolith rearing up out of downtown Omaha, this bastion of Nebraska Art Deco offers the ultimate in luxurious living, sleeping, dining and drinking. Interiors are sophisticated in sleek black & white with metal and wood accents. The soaring Encore Lounge serves cocktails and wines. See More