Search the best hotels in St Louis
About St Louis
A huge midwestern metropolis on the banks of the Mississippi River, St Louis is a fascinating destination for culture buffs, active families or business travellers. This expansive Missouri city has several distinct neighbourhoods, with accommodation options ranging from affordable Arts District hotels to luxurious riverside spots promising striking views of the iconic Gateway Arch. Big and bold, the best places to stay in St Louis promise a superb starting point for an exploration of this historic and cultural hub.
The mighty Mississippi River runs through St Louis, and the nearby enormous Gateway Arch — the tallest manmade monument in the Western Hemisphere — dominates the city skyline. Take a trip to the top for astonishing views, or stroll through the riverfront park on a sunny day. The Botanical Gardens, which date back to 1859, also make for a lovely wander. Forest Park — the setting for the 1904 World Fair — is full of free attractions and family-friendly activities. Little ones will also love the City Museum’s seven-storey slide and rooftop ferris wheel, as well as the St Louis Zoo. The Columbia Bottom Conservation Area, with its hiking and biking trails, is fun for family strolls and admiring fields of sunflowers.
History buffs, on the other hand, should head to the Missouri History Museum, the Old Courthouse Museum and the Museum of Westward Expansion. Eads Bridge, the first to cross the Mississippi, is a notable historic landmark, whilst the Soulard and Laclede’s Landing are great for a glimpse into St Louis of old. The St Louis Art Museum and the Pulitzer Foundation for the Arts both boast impressive collections.
Round off your trip with a visit to the Anheuser-Busch Brewery, the world’s largest beer plant, and a night of terrific live music in the city’s many bars, clubs and eateries. Catch the St Louis Cardinals in action before unwinding in style at one of the best places to stay in St Louis.
The Best Places to Stay in St Louis
For Downtown Chic
- Hotel St Louis is a downtown landmark, with Art Deco-style interiors in a 19th-century building. Think swish guestrooms, a cool rooftop pool, soothing spa and great cuisine. Good for couples or business travellers looking to stay in the city centre, close to the riverfront. A smart urban spot.
- The Ritz Carlton is an elegant, 300-room choice in St Louis' verdant Garden District. Stay here for luxury and grandeur, with an extensive spa, three excellent restaurants, a cigar club, wine room and delectable afternoon teas. Rooms and suites are beautifully appointed, with options for couples, families or business travellers. A very special stay.
- Four Seasons St Louis is a wonderfully romantic riverside hotel, complete with cool, contemporary interiors, as well as a rooftop pool and bar, firepits and delectable fare. Brilliant for couples, this indulgent property also has fun kids' options including special teen spa treatments and games for younger children. A superb stay on the banks of the Mississippi River.
For Great Value
- Hotel Ignacio is an affordable choice in the Arts District, with 51 comfortable rooms. Expect great music, theatre and exhibitions right on your doorstep, as well as a popular onsite eatery — best-known for its tapas — and many nearby restaurants. A good value choice for guests of all ages.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY COTTAGE
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to St Louis Lambert International Airport and travel into the city centre by bus or taxi.
- Missouri is great to explore by road! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Expect hot summers, with temperatures averaging around 35°C. Come in the spring (April - May) or autumn (September - October) for cooler temperatures, which are better for exploring.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Browse our list of the best places to stay in St Louis.
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Missouri.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in St Louis
Best Hotels in St Louis
Hotel Saint Louis St Louis (Downtown) 140 rooms from £119Business meetings - In addition to glamorous ballroom and club lounge, ther are a range of super stylish and elegant art-filled meeting roomsTotal relaxation - Stay for a weekend of indulgence where there's no need to leave to enjoy spa treatments, delicious food and killer viewsSwimming Pool - Stunning rooftop pool with bar and full dining services offers amazing views over the citySpa - Luxurious spa offers impressive range of massage, beauty, body, grooming and couples' treatments, alongside signature cocktails
Luxury hotel housed in historic landmark in St Louis downtown. 19th century architecture blends seamlessly with Art Deco style interiors to create a timeless feel with contemporary appeal. Palatial rooms, cool rooftop pool, spa, fab dining and central city location make this an ideal urban retreat. See More
Hotel Ignacio St Louis (Missouri) 51 rooms from £125Views - Great views from hotelSights nearby - The 1925 built Powell Hall is home to the St Louis Symphony.Great walks - Forest Park is a historic urban space and worth an explore.Full of characterRecommended by - Tablet
Located in the arts hub of St Louis with large comfortable rooms themed on architecture, the performing arts and music. Nothing is too much trouble for the friendly and welcoming staff. Café Pintxos is available for all meals and whips up fantastic evening tapas. Arts and theatre on your doorstep! See More
Live! by Loews St Louis St Louis (Missouri) 216 rooms from £132Families - Families are welcome here. Kids under 18 stay for free and the concierge has ideas for guests of all agesLocal exploring - Great location in the centre of St Louis, whether you're here just for a game or for a longer city breakCity Style - Sleek contemporary accommodation, funky bars and great steaks across the road from the Busch StadiumShort break - The perfect property for any here just to catch a Cardinals' game
Laid back luxury hotel right opposite the Busch Stadium. Rooms and suites are modern in style with little design touches reflecting the origins of baseball. You'll find a steakhouse and the more traditional Bar Bourbon, plus a rooftop terrace for drinks with a view. Ideal for business or leisure. See More
Four Seasons St Louis St Louis 200 rooms from £244Romantic Break - For a different kind of date night check in for the 'Spa After Dark' package, including a romantic dinner and Couples' Spa SuiteHoneymoons - Romantic experiences - personalised firework displays, candlelit dinners and helicopter rides - make for a memorable honeymoonFamilies - Kids and teens will love the special welcome amenities, teen spa treatments, movie collection and books, games and toysCity Style - There is nowhere in the city with slicker service and styleRecommended by - Fodors, Kiwi Collection
Iconic uber-luxury city hotel with strong sense of place. The terrace is a favoured city hot-spot with rooftop pool, firepits, pool cabanas and vibey bar. Plush but paired-back rooms are designed in Four Seasons's classic vernacular, with floor-to-ceiling city views. Romantic weekend-away material. See More
Ritz Carlton, St Louis St Louis (Missouri) 300 rooms from £343Sights nearby - Gateway Arch is an iconic symbol of America.Views - Great views from hotelSpaRestaurant - Recommended.
Towering over the art and garden district of St Louis, this luxury hotel delivers elegance and hospitality for business and leisure trips. Large rooms with fantastic views and all the high tech gadgets. Three restaurants, a cigar club, a wine room and high tea, you'll never want to leave! See More