Search the best hotels in Tampa
Florida’s third-largest city, Tampa has long been a favourite with families dreaming of glorious sunshine and stacks of activities. Also one of the most popular cruise terminals in the USA, Tampa — and the wider Tampa Bay area — brims with things to see and do, including an excellent nightclub and bar scene for couples or groups of friends to enjoy. Accommodation options are wide-ranging, with big, beautiful hotels and little self-catering spots, well-suited to a whole host of tastes and budgets. Our pick of the best places to stay in Tampa includes slick waterfront properties, a real foodie favourite and fun resort-style hotels for families.
There’s no shortage of entertainment for little ones in Tampa. Families will adore the Florida Aquarium, Busch Gardens, Adventure Island and Lowry Park Zoo. Outdoorsy explorers, on the other hand, can discover myriad trails and leafy parks, visit the Manatee Viewing Centre, or try cycling, sailing, kayaking and paddle boarding. There are ample opportunities to play golf and tennis, too.
If you’re on the hunt for an insight into Tampa’s history, head to Ybor City Museum State Park, the Tampa Bay History Centre and the Henry B Plant Museum. The Florida Museum of Photographic Arts is a real highlight. The city is bursting with fantastic shops and eateries, as well as lively bars and clubs. Look out for live music events, and catch Tampa's famed NFL team, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, in action if you can!
Lovely and lively, Tampa has become known for its ebullient, youthful feel and the abundance of activities on offer for travellers of all ages. Some of the best places to stay in Tampa offer impressive waterfront views — but you can also book a room in the heart of the city if you’re eager to soak up the culture and the buzzing nightlife.
The Best Places to Stay in Tampa
For Waterfront Views
- The Current is a seriously chic waterfront hotel with spacious rooms featuring crisp, clean lines and huge windows overlooking the ocean. The hip rooftop bar, infinity pool and private beach are all highlights. Ideal for well-heeled couples dreaming of superb views.
- Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay is a big, bold property with enviable views over the water, and myriad activities for families or couples. Spend your days kayaking, paddle boarding or cycling, and float around one of the hotel pools before treating yourself to a delicious dinner and drinks. Right on the water, and great for guests of all ages.
For Heritage Charm
- Le Meridien, once an imposing classical courthouse, has been reimagined as a sleek hotel, fusing opulent marble interiors with slick, modern style. Unwind by the pool and hit the gym or savour a sundowner before heading out to explore downtown Tampa. Brilliantly-located heritage cool.
- Epicurean is a fabulous foodie hotel, with 137 sophisticated rooms and suites, a gorgeous spa and top-notch restaurants. Sip cracking cocktails on the rooftop, savour delectable gourmet fare and choose a bottle from one of the best wine lists in the world. An indulgent, food-focused pick in a trendy Tampa neighbourhood.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly into Tampa International Airport, and travel by bus or taxi into the city centre.
- Florida is great for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel between December and mid-April for the best weather — though this is also peak season! To avoid the crowds and make the most of hotel offers, time your trip for May or June, before the really hot weather sets in. Florida's hurricane season typically runs from late June until November.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Sarasota.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Florida.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Tampa
Best Hotels in Tampa
The Current Tampa 180 rooms from £144Total relaxation - Lounge by the infinity pool and gaze at breathtaking views of the bay from the rooftop barActive Holiday - There are endless activities nearby to suit all guests from watersports to golfGreat walks - Walk along the 16.2 mile Courtney Campbell Causeway West TrailViews - Expansive panoramic views of Tampa and the bay
A boutique waterfront Autograph hotel with incredible panoramic views of Tampa Bay. Spacious rooms have picture frame windows, dark wooden floors, and crisp white linen. Sip handcrafted cocktails at the hip rooftop bar and relax by the infinity pool or on the private beach. A grownup stay. See More
Le Meridien Tampa 130 rooms from £154Sights nearby - Not far from Tampa Theatre or Tampa Museum of ArtSwimming Pool - Seasonal outdoor poolLively area - In the thick of the action.
This renovated former courthouse is now one of Tampa's most grand and imposing hotels. Featuring modern, sleek interiors with marble accents in the bathroom and large windows, the hotel owners have managed to marry traditional architecture to an eye for contemporary design. Pool, gym, restaurant. See More
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay Tampa 442 rooms from £155Local exploring - Discover Tampa's wide range of activites from beautiful beaches to exciting amusement parksActive Holiday - Rent kayaks, wave runners and paddleboards to explore the nearby waters and mangrovesGreat walks - Follow the waterfront trail for incredible views of the baySights nearby - Close by is ZooTampa, home to more than 1,600 animals
A luxury hotel overlooking the breathtaking Tampa Bay. Spacious modern rooms feature plenty of mod cons and enviable views. Enjoy fresh seafood & craft cocktails at the waterfront Oystercatchers. Adventure seekers can hire bicycles, kayaks, paddleboards and wave runners. Suits families and couples. See More
Epicurean Tampa 137 rooms from £186Foodies - Just opposite is the legendary Bern’s Steak House. With perfectly aged steaks and the largest wine collection in the worldLocal exploring - The hotel is perfect walking distance to shops, bars, nightclubs and restaurants of the trendy area of South HowardGreat walks - Walk down Tampa's riverwalk, a 2.4 mile pedestrian friendly pathway through downtown Tampa’s most picturesque landscapeSpa - The spa uses ultra-indulgent Elemis and Knesko-branded treatments and pampering
A sleek hotel set in hip South Howard, next to the most celebrated restaurant in Tampa - Bern's Steak House. Contemporary rooms are decorated in a chic minimalist design. With two excellent in-house dining options and a bar with an acclaimed wine list - this is a real foodie destination. See More