- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Utah
All our Utah collections:
- Best places to stay in Moab
- Best places to stay in Springdale
- Best places to stay in Park City
- Best places to stay in Provo
- Best places to stay in Monument Valley
- Best places to stay in Utah
Utah is all about the big outdoors; if you love hiking, cycling, rock-climbing and skiing in extraordinary scenery, look no further. The state offers fiery-red cliffs, weird-shaped rock formations, dramatic canyons and endless deserts. And that’s just southern Utah. Northern Utah is the place for winter skiing. No wonder the State boasts 12 national parks and monuments. Our choice of the best places to stay in Utah ensures you can get immersed in all this drama.
In amongst all this, you’ll find ancient rock art, fossils and the remains of pioneer settlements. There are scenic drives, such as through Bryce Canyon National Park, and stunning rock formations, such as the alien-looking Goblin Valley State Park or Arches National Park, near Moab, with its extraordinary sunset-red rock formations. Visit Monument Valley and you’ll feel that you’ve strayed on to a Hollywood Western film-set; best explored from horseback for real authenticity.
Of course, there’s an urban life, too. At Park City, check out the Utah Olympic Park and its thriving night life. Winter is one of the best times to visit, part for the Sundance Film Festival in January but mainly for the skiing.
Salt Lake City, the State’s capital, has the futuristic Natural History Museum and is also the headquarters of the Mormon Church. In Temple Square, you’ll find the church’s majestic temple and tabernacle with its vast dome and world-renowned choir. And of course, you should take a dip - or possibly a float - in the Great Salt Lake’s famously buoyant waters.
Antelope Island State Park is one of the best places for swimming or just sun-bathing.
But it’s Utah’s magnificent, and sometimes surreal, landscape for which you will want to use our best places to stay in Utah guide.
- Desert Pearl Inn offers sleek and spacious contemporary-style rooms, with well-fitted kitchens, which means you’re completely self-sufficient and free to spend days outdoors enjoying water sports on Virgin River, trekking in Zion National Park, or cycling, riding, fishing and bird-watching.
- Right on the slopes, on the edge of Park City, the owner-managed, Washington School House B&B, with its crisp, contemporary rooms, gives you the best of both outdoor and urban life. Skiing, kayaking, riding and hiking are more or less on the doorstep, plus it’s close to restaurants
- Surrounded by the Rocky Mountains, your family will be raring to go as soon as you arrive at Sundance Resort. With skiing, hiking, fishing, rafting, riding, you won’t know where to start. Eco-friendly rooms are luxury, chalet-style and there’s a spa and pool plus range of eating options.
- The family will want for nothing at Montage Deer Valley, a luxury resort in an alpine valley. There’s skiing and husky-sledding in the winter, river-sports and golf in the summer, plus kids’ club, bowling alley, fishing, archery, riding. And a spa for the grown-ups to relax in.
- With pools curving around rocks and minimalist rooms that seem carved out of stone, Amangiri almost feels part of Utah’s spectacular landscape. Relax in luxury or explore the surroundings; Lake Powell, Navajo Mountain and the Vermillion Cliffs are all close-by.
- Surrounded by three ski resorts, Stein Eriksen Lodge offers gracious, traditional, lodge-style comforts with plenty of beams, wood-burning stoves and marble bathrooms; some with hot-tubs. There’s an elegant restaurant plus a spa to ease aching limbs.
For stunning views
- The weirdly majestic Monument Valley is why you come to Gouldings Lodge. Rooms are spacious and comfortable, some with kitchenettes; but it’s the views that count. Indoor pool, too.
- Surrounded by rivers, canyons and massive rocky outcrops, Sorrel River Ranch, offers a blissful hideaway as well as stunning views. After a day of activity - and there are heaps to choose from - relax on the private veranda of your chalet-style room.
- Feel like you’re in a Hollywood Western at Red Cliffs Lodge, a ranch-style hotel where the spacious rooms gaze out over the Colorado River creek and mountains. It offers comfortable rustic styling plus wine tastings at Castle Creek Winery.
Best Hotels in Utah
Washington School House 12 rooms from £230Park City (Utah)
Stunning 19th Century boutique hotel on the slopes with French contemporary chic interiors and a year-round heated pool. Luxurious and modern rooms feature designer bathrooms. Winter or summer, this hotel is the perfect location for the ski slopes, water activities and much more. All welcome!Fishing - Fish in the summer for or trout, bass, walleye and more in Park City's Resevoirs. Or Fly fish on the Provo and Weber Rivers.Kayaking - Down the two rivers of Park City: Weber and Provo.Views - Great views from hotelFull of characterRecommended by - Tablet, Mr & Mrs Smith
Sorrel River Ranch 55 rooms from £251Moab (Utah)
Unbeatable spot in the heart of Utah with pool, spa, working ranch with canyon and river views. Comfortable, wood furnished rooms come with kitchens and dining areas. The River Grill and Bar serves American cuisine. Activities galore by day. Make sure you relax at the spa and pool too.Kayaking - Float downstream in your own kayak or get involved in the paddle boarding craze.Back to Nature - Immerse yourself in nature.Secluded setting - For escaping.Remote - Off the beaten track.
Sundance Resort 98 roomsProvo (Utah)
Sun or snow, this artistic eco-friendly hotel at the foot of Mount Timpanogos has stunning views of the alpine Rocky Mountains. Rooms are residential with modern bathrooms. 'Tree Room' offers candlelit dinners and award winning meals. A deli, bar and more casual dining are also available.Fishing - Fly fishing in the Provo River for German Brown Trout.Views - Great views from hotelLively - Hip and happening.Outstanding locationRecommended by - Tablet
Desert Pearl Inn 73 roomsSpringdale (Utah)
On the Virgin River by the cliffs of Zion National Park rests a family activity oasis, a romantic getaway with an outdoor pool. Rooms and suites enjoy stunning canyon views, all the mod-cons and kitchen facilities. 9 East offers a fresh, well prepared menu and packed lunches for days of activities.Fishing - Fly fishing for wild trout and bass in lakes and streams near Zion National Park.Sights nearby - Utah Shakespeare Festival is an annual event with plays, talks and seminars.Birdwatching - Watch bird and wildlife from the Coral Pink Sand DunesRemote - Off the beaten track.
Red Cliffs Lodge 110 rooms from £184Moab (Utah)
Hollywood western landscape on the Colorado River with pool and horse corral. Spectacular Creek or river views from each of the large rooms. Kitchens, wood furnishings and private balconies ensure comfort. Enjoy meals at The Cowboy Grill and wine tastings at Castle Creek Winery. Stunning location!Hills & mountainsKayaking - Summer months are the best for this.Hideaway - A true Utah hideaway location.Sights nearby - On site Western Film Museum
Montage Deer Valley 220 rooms from £956Park City (9100 Marsac Avenue)
Activity based luxury resort in a stunning alpine valley. Views from the rooms will make you want to rise with the sun & explore the great outdoors. Skiing by winter, river-adventures by summer, with spa and pool to relax and cool off. You'll be spoilt for choice by the cuisine on offer.Skiing - A truly magical alpine setting for skiing and snow shoe ramblings - end up with hot toddys on the après-ski Alpine TerraceTennisFishing - Provo, Green and Weber rivers lend themselves nicely to a spot of fly fishing.Kids Club - Fully staffed.
Gouldings Lodge 63 rooms from £181Oljato-Monument Valley, Utah
Discover the Wild West! See Monument Valley in all it's burnt orange glory. This lodge houses comfortable rooms with private balconies looking out onto an unforgettable landscape. Hillside suites are complete with kitchenette & cosy cabins have all facilities. The indoor pool will soothe the senses.Sights nearby - Goulding’s Trading Post Museum built to educate visitors to appreciate and respect the local Navajo and their way of life.Swimming Pool - Indoor heated pool. Closed in the winter.Remote - Desert location.Outstanding location
Stein Eriksen Lodge 180 rooms from £242Park City (Utah)
Luxury Summit Country resort with spa, outdoor pool, in the midst of the great outdoors. Large modern rooms (some with private hot tubs) have stunning mountain views. Glitretind Restaurant is elegant and popular with cocktails and delicious dishes. Snow or sun there is a lot to do, out or in.Skiing - Park City is home to three world-class ski resorts: Deer Valley Resort, Park City Mountain Resort and The Canyons Resort.Country EscapeGreat walks - Summer months lend themself nicely to strolls in the wilderness and outdoor concerts.Sights nearby - Utah Olympic Park from 2002 olympics.
Amangiri 34 rooms from £960Canyon Point, Utah
In secluded Utah terrain rests an architectural marvel with ornate interiors, an array of pools with private verandas and spa. Minimalist and luxurious rooms showcase canyon views. The Pavilion offer American cuisine, Oenophiles bar a great wine selection. Adventures or relaxing - all on the menu.Kayaking - Lake Powell with miles and miles of shoreline and coves for exploring.Sights nearby - Unearth fossils at one of the oldest sights in America.Hideaway - Location in the heart of Utah is breath taking.Back to NatureRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
Zion Mountain Ranch 55 rooms from £107UT, Utah
A luxury boutique lodge adjacent to the magnificent Zion National Park. Spacious and comfortable cabins offer western-style décor, fireplaces and jetted tubs. An onsite restaurant serves organic cuisine. Rustic-charm with style and comfort.Romantic Break - Luxurious rustic chic cabins, with private balconies, roaring fires and some with saunas and massage rooms.Back to Nature - A secluded mountain meadow, with on-site buffalo preserve, riding, mountain biking and hiking.Great walks - From early morning mountain strolls to epic canyon treks there is something for everyone here.Fishing - Surrounded by fly-fishing destinations, the hotel provides guides and lessons.