Search the best hotels in Utah
Utah is all about the big outdoors; if you love hiking, cycling, rock-climbing and skiing in extraordinary scenery, look no further.The state offers fiery-red cliffs, weird-shaped rock formations, dramatic canyons and endless deserts. And that’s just southern Utah. Northern Utah is the place for winter skiing. No wonder the State boasts 12 national parks and monuments. The best places to stay in Utah are set in secluded and dramatic scenery. Visitors can choose from an excellent array of luxury hotels as well as activity-packed offerings perfectly suited for families.
In amongst all this, you’ll find ancient rock art, fossils and the remains of pioneer settlements. There are scenic drives, such as through Bryce Canyon National Park, and stunning rock formations, such as the alien-looking Goblin Valley State Park or Arches National Park, near Moab, with its extraordinary sunset-red rock formations. Visit Monument Valley and you’ll feel that you’ve strayed on to a Hollywood Western film-set; best explored from horseback for real authenticity.
Of course, there’s an urban life, too. At Park City, check out the Utah Olympic Park and its thriving nightlife. Winter is one of the best times to visit, part for the Sundance Film Festival in January but mainly for skiing.
Salt Lake City, the State’s capital, has the futuristic Natural History Museum and is also the headquarters of the Mormon Church. In Temple Square, you’ll find the church’s majestic temple and tabernacle with its vast dome and world-renowned choir. And of course, you should take a dip - or possibly a float - in the Great Salt Lake’s famously buoyant waters.
But it’s Utah’s magnificent, and sometimes surreal, landscape for which you will want to use our best places to stay in Utah guide.
All our Utah collections:
- Best places to stay in Moab
- Best places to stay in Springdale
- Best places to stay in Park City
- Best places to stay in Provo
- Best places to stay in Monument Valley
- Best places to stay in Utah
The Best Places to Stay in Utah
- Desert Pearl Inn offers sleek and spacious contemporary-style rooms, with well-fitted kitchens, which means you’re completely self-sufficient and free to spend days outdoors enjoying water sports on Virgin River, trekking in Zion National Park, or cycling, riding, fishing and bird-watching.
- Right on the slopes, on the edge of Park City, the owner-managed, Washington School House B&B, with its crisp, contemporary rooms, gives you the best of both outdoor and urban life. Skiing, kayaking, riding and hiking are more or less on the doorstep, plus it’s close to restaurants. Perfect for an activity-packed family stay.
- Surrounded by the Rocky Mountains, your family will be raring to go as soon as you arrive at Sundance Resort. With skiing, hiking, fishing, rafting, riding, you won’t know where to start. Eco-friendly rooms are luxury, chalet-style and there’s a spa and pool plus a range of eating options.
- The family will want for nothing at Montage Deer Valley, a luxury resort in an alpine valley. There’s skiing and husky-sledging in the winter, river-sports and golf in the summer, plus kids’ club, bowling alley, fishing, archery, riding. And a spa for the grown-ups to relax in.
- With pools curving around rocks and minimalist rooms that seem carved out of stone, Amangiri almost feels part of Utah’s spectacular landscape. Relax in luxury or explore the surroundings; Lake Powell, Navajo Mountain and the Vermillion Cliffs are all close-by.
- Surrounded by three ski resorts, Stein Eriksen Lodge offers gracious, traditional, lodge-style comforts with plenty of beams, wood-burning stoves and marble bathrooms; some with hot-tubs. There’s an elegant restaurant plus a spa to ease aching limbs.
For stunning views
- The weirdly majestic Monument Valley is why you come to Gouldings Lodge. Rooms are spacious and comfortable, some with kitchenettes; but it’s the views that count. Indoor pool, too.
- Feel like you’re in a Hollywood Western at Red Cliffs Lodge, a ranch-style hotel where the spacious rooms gaze out over the Colorado River creek and mountains. It offers comfortable rustic styling plus wine tastings at Castle Creek Winery.
- Castle Valley Inn offers eight lodges in a secluded spot, near Moab, this is a property really all about the setting with its 360-degree views of the striking Utah desert. Rustic chic accommodation, reassuringly hearty breakfasts, friendly hosts and easy access to many of the area's National Parks. A winning combo!
- Grand Summit Hotel is located next to the Olympic Park in Utah. Guestrooms are warm and inviting, with views over the slopes and cosy fireplaces. Self-catering apartments are available which are great for families. Dine at the grill restaurant after a dip in the heated pool. Perfect for a winter break.
For a traditional stay
- Sunflower Hill Inn is a charming traditional inn set in the adventure mecca of Moab offering 12 individually styled rooms and a large pool. The decor is cosy and homely. A welcoming spot to return to after a day's exploring.
- Under Canvas Zion is a one of a kind glamping experience in the stunning red-rock desert of Utah. Luxe-tents include animal hide rugs, hardwood floors, plush beds and wood burning stoves. The onsite restaurant offers perfectly slow cooked meats and local seasonal vegetables A perfect base for an outdoor holiday.
- Under Canvas is a luxury camp set in the spectacular Utah countryside near Moab. A variety of tents tend to everyone's needs from romantic spaces for two to family-sized accommodation. The design has been kept clean and simple in order to focus on the spectacular surrounds. An ideal base for nature enthusiasts.
For an active stay
- Sorrel River Ranch offers an unbeatable spot in the heart of Utah with pool, spa, and working ranch complete with canyon and river views. Comfortable, wood furnished rooms come with kitchens and dining areas. Participate in the multitude of outdoor activities during the day from hiking to horse riding.
- Zion Mountain Ranch is another working ranch situated adjacent to the magnificent Zion National Park. With boutique accommodation featuring fireplaces and jetted tubs and an organic restaurant, this is a very comfortable base to return to after a day spent outdoors.
For a self-catering option
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a great selection of properties to suit holidays of all types.
- Fly to Salt Lake City Airport which has good connections across the country and internationally. Alternatively, long haul trains run from California and Chicago on the California Zephyr line.
- If you want to rent a car to explore this stunning state - for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- For those planning an outdoorsy holiday then planning a trip during the shoulder months of April-May and September-October when the temperatures are moderate. For skiers, plan your trip during the winter months.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Utah
Zion Mountain Ranch UT, Utah 55 rooms from £123Romantic Break - Luxurious rustic chic cabins, with private balconies, roaring fires and some with saunas and massage rooms.Back to Nature - A secluded mountain meadow, with on-site buffalo preserve, riding, mountain biking and hiking.Great walks - From early morning mountain strolls to epic canyon treks there is something for everyone here.Fishing - Surrounded by fly-fishing destinations, the hotel provides guides and lessons.
Gouldings Lodge Oljato-Monument Valley, Utah 63 rooms from £181Sights nearby - Goulding’s Trading Post Museum built to educate visitors to appreciate and respect the local Navajo and their way of life.Swimming Pool - Indoor heated pool. Closed in the winter.Remote - Desert location.Outstanding location
Discover the Wild West! See Monument Valley in all it's burnt orange glory. This lodge houses comfortable rooms with private balconies looking out onto an unforgettable landscape. Hillside suites are complete with kitchenette & cosy cabins have all facilities. The indoor pool will soothe the senses. See More
Under Canvas Moab 40 rooms from £148Back to Nature - Tents allow for guests to truly be within nature and Utah's desert is particularly spectacular!Active Holiday - From hiking to zip-lining there is plenty to do for the adventuristGreat walks - Arches National Park and Canyonlands National Park are nearby and have miles of hiking trailsOutstanding location
A luxury camp set in the spectacular Utah countryside near Moab. A variety of tents tend to everyone's needs from romantic spaces for two to family-sized accommodation. The design has been kept clean and simple in order to focus on the spectacular surrounds. An ideal base for nature enthusiasts. See More
Castle Valley Inn Moab 8 rooms from £180Families - With the laid back atmosphere and boundless space this is an ideal property for those travelling with childrenCountry Escape - Set in a spectacular location in this high desert valley this is the perfect back to nature destinationBack to Nature - Enjoy a stunning off the beaten track location with the ideal conditions for some serious stargazing.Great walks - With four national parks nearby, each offering endless trails, there is plenty to explore
Offering eight lodges in a secluded spot, near Moab, this is a property really all about the setting with its 360-degree views of the striking Utah desert. Rustic chic accommodation, reassuringly hearty breakfasts, friendly hosts and easy access to many of the area's National Parks. A winning combo! See More
Red Cliffs Lodge Moab (Utah) 110 rooms from £187Hills & mountainsKayaking - Summer months are the best for this.Hideaway - A true Utah hideaway location.Sights nearby - On site Western Film Museum
Hollywood western landscape on the Colorado River with pool and horse corral. Spectacular Creek or river views from each of the large rooms. Kitchens, wood furnishings and private balconies ensure comfort. Enjoy meals at The Cowboy Grill and wine tastings at Castle Creek Winery. Stunning location! See More
Sorrel River Ranch Moab (Utah) 55 rooms from £251Kayaking - Float downstream in your own kayak or get involved in the paddle boarding craze.Back to Nature - Immerse yourself in nature.Secluded setting - For escaping.Remote - Off the beaten track.
Unbeatable spot in the heart of Utah with pool, spa, working ranch with canyon and river views. Comfortable, wood furnished rooms come with kitchens and dining areas. The River Grill and Bar serves American cuisine. Activities galore by day. Make sure you relax at the spa and pool too. See More
Under Canvas Zion Utah 66 rooms from £208Active Holiday - If you are into hiking, mountain biking, canyoneering, hot air balloning or rock climbing this is the place for youBack to Nature - Camp out in the stunning Utah desert, without giving up that pampering holiday experience- win win we say!Full of characterRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A one of a kind glamping experience in the stunning red-rock desert of Utah. Luxe-tents include animal hide rugs, hardwood floors, plush beds and wood burning stoves. The onsite restaurant offers perfectly slow cooked meats and local seasonal vegetables, as well as packed lunches for a days hiking. See More
Sunflower Hill Inn Moab 12 rooms from £210Local exploring - A charming lodge offering easy access to both Moab and nearby Arches National ParkGreat walks - Arches National Park (and numerous other parks) are less than an hour away and offer miles of scenic hiking trailsSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolFull of character
A charming traditional inn set in the adventure mecca of Moab offering 12 individually styled rooms and a large pool. The decor is cosy and homely with delicate floral motifs, cast iron beds and large windows offering lovely garden views. A welcoming spot to return to after a day's exploring. See More
Grand Summit Hotel Park City (Canyons) 150 rooms from £218Spa breaks - Guests at the hotel have free shuttle access to neighbouring Now & Zen Massage, making this a good option for a spa breakFamilies - Families are well-catered to at this hotel, with self-catering apartments and an outdoor pool that the kids will loveActive Holiday - Neighbouring the Utah Olympic Park, which hosts a range of winter sports, book this hotel for an active holidayViews - Great views from hotel
This hotel is located next to the Olympic Park in Utah. Guestrooms are warm and inviting, with views over the slopes and cosy fireplaces. Self-catering apartments are available which are great for families. Dine at the grill restaurant after a dip in the heated pool. Perfect for a winter break. See More
Washington School House Park City (Utah) 12 rooms from £234Fishing - Fish in the summer for or trout, bass, walleye and more in Park City's Resevoirs. Or Fly fish on the Provo and Weber Rivers.Kayaking - Down the two rivers of Park City: Weber and Provo.Views - Great views from hotelFull of characterRecommended by - Tablet, Mr & Mrs Smith
Stunning 19th Century boutique hotel on the slopes with French contemporary chic interiors and a year-round heated pool. Luxurious and modern rooms feature designer bathrooms. Winter or summer, this hotel is the perfect location for the ski slopes, water activities and much more. All welcome! See More
Stein Eriksen Lodge Park City (Utah) 180 rooms from £246Skiing - Park City is home to three world-class ski resorts: Deer Valley Resort, Park City Mountain Resort and The Canyons Resort.Country EscapeGreat walks - Summer months lend themself nicely to strolls in the wilderness and outdoor concerts.Sights nearby - Utah Olympic Park from 2002 olympics.
Luxury Summit Country resort with spa, outdoor pool, in the midst of the great outdoors. Large modern rooms (some with private hot tubs) have stunning mountain views. Glitretind Restaurant is elegant and popular with cocktails and delicious dishes. Snow or sun there is a lot to do, out or in. See More
The Lodge at Blue Sky Park City 46 rooms from £936Country Escape - The ultimate country escape: a Western getaway on a private 3,500-acre ranchGreat walks - Use the Blue Sky Trail Map to take an independent hike or choose a guided hike and learn of the local flora and faunaSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection
A luxurious hotel set on a 3,500-acre ranch. Spacious rooms are made using natural materials and are every inch a luxury experience; beds stand centrally in the room and enormous bathrooms feature deep freestanding baths. With numerous activities available this is an indulgent escape to nature. See More
Montage Deer Valley Park City (9100 Marsac Avenue) 220 rooms from £972Skiing - A truly magical alpine setting for skiing and snow shoe ramblings - end up with hot toddys on the après-ski Alpine TerraceTennisFishing - Provo, Green and Weber rivers lend themselves nicely to a spot of fly fishing.Kids Club - Fully staffed.
Activity based luxury resort in a stunning alpine valley. Views from the rooms will make you want to rise with the sun & explore the great outdoors. Skiing by winter, river-adventures by summer, with spa and pool to relax and cool off. You'll be spoilt for choice by the cuisine on offer. See More
Amangiri Canyon Point, Utah 34 rooms from £976Kayaking - Lake Powell with miles and miles of shoreline and coves for exploring.Sights nearby - Unearth fossils at one of the oldest sights in America.Hideaway - Location in the heart of Utah is breath taking.Back to NatureRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
In secluded Utah terrain rests an architectural marvel with ornate interiors, an array of pools with private verandas and spa. Minimalist and luxurious rooms showcase canyon views. The Pavilion offer American cuisine, Oenophiles bar a great wine selection. Adventures or relaxing - all on the menu. See More
Sundance Resort Provo (Utah) 98 roomsFishing - Fly fishing in the Provo River for German Brown Trout.Views - Great views from hotelLively - Hip and happening.Outstanding locationRecommended by - Tablet
Sun or snow, this artistic eco-friendly hotel at the foot of Mount Timpanogos has stunning views of the alpine Rocky Mountains. Rooms are residential with modern bathrooms. 'Tree Room' offers candlelit dinners and award winning meals. A deli, bar and more casual dining are also available. See More
Desert Pearl Inn Springdale (Utah) 73 roomsFishing - Fly fishing for wild trout and bass in lakes and streams near Zion National Park.Sights nearby - Utah Shakespeare Festival is an annual event with plays, talks and seminars.Birdwatching - Watch bird and wildlife from the Coral Pink Sand DunesRemote - Off the beaten track.
On the Virgin River by the cliffs of Zion National Park rests a family activity oasis, a romantic getaway with an outdoor pool. Rooms and suites enjoy stunning canyon views, all the mod-cons and kitchen facilities. 9 East offers a fresh, well prepared menu and packed lunches for days of activities. See More