Search the best hotels in Utah
Utah is all about the great outdoors: if you’re into hiking, cycling, rock-climbing and skiing in extraordinary surroundings, look no further. Southern Utah promises fiery-red cliffs, dramatic canyons and huge deserts — all the trappings of the classic Wild West — whilst Northern Utah is a snowy mountain skier’s dream. With so much to see and do, accommodation options in Utah are wide-ranging, offering everything from relaxed riverside lodges to striking luxury hotels hidden in the desert. The best places to stay in Utah fuse dramatic scenery with stacks of activities for a family holiday or couples’ escape to remember.
Salt Lake City, the state capital, is home to the futuristic Natural History Museum and the impressive headquarters of the Mormon Church in Temple Square. Take a dip in the Great Salt Lake’s famously buoyant waters, before exploring the state’s largest metropolis.
Then head to Park City. Home to Utah Olympic Park and site of the 2002 Winter Olympics, Park City is a wonderful winter spot, with world-class skiing and a thriving nightlife. Catch the annual Sundance Film Festival in January, hit the slopes with the whole family whilst staying at a luxurious mountain resort, or hide away in a sophisticated nineteenth-century boutique hotel.
Boasting 12 national parks and monuments, Utah specialises in adrenaline-fuelled adventure and exploration. Admire striking scenery as you drive around Bryce Canyon National Park, marvel at the mysterious pinnacles of Goblin Valley State Park, or hike through the Arches National Park, near Moab, which is dominated by enormous red rock formations.
Try white water rafting on the Colorado River, trek on horseback through Monument Valley for the ultimate Hollywood Western experience, or cycle under the towering pine trees and sandstone canyon walls of Zion National Park on a journey of discovery.
Whether you’re eager to unwind in absolute desert luxury, to cosy up around a campfire in top-notch safari-inspired tents, to get stuck in at the ranch with family and friends or to unwind at the spa after a big day on the slopes, Utah has it all. The best places to stay in Utah promise spell-binding views of the state’s magnificent landscapes and a sense of endless possibilities.
The Best Places to Stay in Utah
For active families
- Zion Mountain Ranch sits alongside the magnificent Zion National Park. A working ranch and a farm-to-table organic restaurant, this is a brilliant family choice. Rustic-chic cabins and lodges come with fireplaces, big tubs and stacks of space for groups, whilst little ones will adore befriending the animals and exploring the ranch on horseback. Smaller lodges can also be wonderfully romantic!
- Sundance Resort is an eco-friendly lodge with charming, chalet-style rooms nestled in the Rocky Mountains. With skiing, hiking, fishing, rafting and riding — as well as the onsite pool, spa and lively eateries — there’s stacks for the whole family to do. Nab the Mountain Lodge or a private cabin if travelling with friends or little ones. A fun and characterful family choice.
- Desert Pearl Inn offers sleek and spacious contemporary-style rooms, with well-equipped kitchens ideal for family trips. A relaxed riverside retreat with a big pool and leafy grounds to explore, the hotel sits in Springdale, with plenty of local eateries nearby. An active family base for fishing, swimming, hiking, cycling and discovering Zion National Park.
- Sorrel River Ranch is a beautiful working ranch in the heart of Utah, with striking desert views. Set on 240 acres, the resort offers cosy wood-furnished rooms, a pool, a rejuvenating spa, tennis courts, horse riding, off-road excursions and fun live music evenings. Spacious suites (including a 4-bedroom ranch house), a petting zoo and games aplenty make this a superb family option.
For luxury & a spa
- Amangiri is an ode to luxurious minimalism, with pools curved around rocks and suites that seem carved out of stone. With Lake Powell, Navajo Mountain and the Vermillion Cliffs all nearby, there’s stacks to see — if you can tear yourself away from the soothing world-class spa, floor-to-ceiling desert views, and delectable cuisine. An elegant, grown up retreat.
- Washington School House offers 12 elegant rooms and suites in a nineteenth-century school house on the edge of Park City. Crystal chandeliers and intricate woodwork, vintage furnishings and a crisp, white-and-grey palette create a sophisticated boutique vibe. Picture a gorgeous spa and heated pool, in-room massages, an outdoor fire, private dining and a stellar private art collection to admire. With skiing, hiking, riding and kayaking on your doorstep, this is a sumptuous base from which to explore.
- Montage Deer Valley is a refined mountain resort with sumptuously-appointed rooms, suites and residences, unrivalled access to a top-notch ski resort, and an impressive 35,000sq. ft. spa. Think skiing and husky-sledding in the winter, river-sports, golf, riding, fishing and archery in the summer, as well as fabulous onsite eateries. The adventurous Camp Compass kids’ club makes it a great family choice, whilst the beautiful spa is a welcome retreat for grown ups looking to unwind.
For stunning views
- Gouldings Lodge is an unusual red brick and wooden hotel with spacious rooms — some of which have kitchenettes — an indoor pool and spectacular views over the burnt orange rocks of the weird and wonderful Monument Valley.
- Red Cliffs Lodge features large, rustic rooms and cabins in a picturesque location right on the Colorado River. Pick this place for superb views and adventure aplenty — including horse riding, rafting, hiking, biking and ATV driving. Tastings at Castle Creek Winery are an extra highlight.
- Castle Valley Inn is a fantastic family-run escape with eight comfortable rooms and bungalows in a superb Castle Valley setting. Don’t miss the hearty breakfasts, hot tub and lazy hammocks — ideal for spotting wildlife in the late afternoons. Book a room here for the friendly feel, self-catering facilities and dramatic 360° desert views.
- Grand Summit Hotel offers comfortable rooms and self-catering apartments right next to Utah’s Olympic Park. The decor is warm and inviting, with cosy fireplaces and lovely views over the slopes. Highlights include the heated pool, the spa and the grill restaurant, whilst larger apartments are great for families. Ideal for a wintry holiday at the base of the largest ski resort in the USA.
- Stein Eriksen Lodge boasts comfortable lodge-style rooms and suites, with wooden beams, log fires and marble bathrooms — some of which feature hot tubs. Unwind in absolute bliss with two heated pools, award-winning food and a gorgeous spa. Ideally located close to two Olympic ski resorts, as well as golf, fishing and biking trails, this is a superb mountain resort for summer or winter visitors.
For traditional charm
- Sunflower Hill Inn offers 12 cosy rooms, with quilted bedspreads on pretty wrought-iron beds in a lovely traditional house in Moab. Highlights include charming hosts and a large pool, perfect for relaxing after a day of exploring. A laid-back, welcoming spot.
- Under Canvas Zion features striking safari-inspired luxury tents with hardwood floors, cosy wood-burning stoves and lovely ensuite bathrooms for a superb glamping experience. Just 20 miles from the entrance to Zion National Park, this is an excellent base for an active, nature-focused holiday. The onsite restaurant specialises in local produce and tasty charcuterie boards. Pick this place for the location and the food, as well as the awesome tents.
- Under Canvas boasts beautiful tented rooms with spectacular desert views, just 7 miles from Moab. Think big cosy beds, private bathrooms, log fires and stargazing aplenty. Suites are great for families, whilst the camp’s location — between Arches National Park and Canyonlands National Park — is good for hiking, cycling and climbing. Ideal for those eager to be surrounded by nature.
For a self-catering option
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Salt Lake City Airport, which has great national and international connections, or hop aboard a long-haul train from California or Chicago on the California Zephyr line.
- Utah is a hugely impressive region to explore by road. If you would like to hire a car, we suggest that you contact our online partner Rentalcars.
- Time your visit for the summer months if you’re planning to make the most of the great outdoors with hiking, biking and horse riding excursions. The cooler shoulder months (April - May and September - October) are great for action-packed holidays, too. Keen skiers should come in the winter!
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to explore all the best places to stay in Colorado.
- Alternatively, see our pick of the best places to stay in the USA.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Utah
Best Hotels in Utah
Red Moon Lodge Moab 5 rooms from £54Total relaxation - There are purposefully no internet or TV plus there's a yoga room and dedicated 'quiet times' to ensure complete tranquilityBack to Nature - Set in a scenic spot in the spectacular Moab areaMinimum Stay - 2 night minimum stayFull of character
An eco B&B set in a remote location in the Moab area. With just 5 rooms this is an intimate choice. Rooms are spread across the grounds and each has private access. Interiors are simple and rustic chic. Breakfasts are organic, there's a large yoga studio and plenty to explore locally. See More
Canyons Lodge Kanab 16 rooms from £69Active Holiday - Kanab is known as an outdoor recreation hub with hiking, biking, off roading, and canyoneering are particularly popularBack to Nature - An ideal spot to explore Zion, Bryce, Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, and Antelope Canyon fromLess £ - With rooms offered from around $80 per night, this is a very reasonably priced staySights nearby - Visit Frontier Movie Town and see where some of your favourite Westerns have been filmed
A characterful hotel located in the adventure hub of Kanab. Western-inspired log buildings feature traditional wall hangings and a modern play on a cowboy theme. Boasting a large outdoor pool, restaurant, and snug outdoor areas to unwind. This is a well-priced base to explore the region from. See More
Canyons Boutique Hotel Kanab 28 rooms from £69Active Holiday - Perfectly placed to access six national parks that offer a huge range of outdoor pursuitsSights nearby - A former Western movie set and a historic Mormon fort are within a 20-minute driveGreat walks - The hiking opportunies are endless within the many national parksSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool
A boutique hotel set in Kanab offering a charming base to explore the area's national parks from. Elegant rooms are charmingly traditional with antique-style furniture and chintzy fabrics (the best have in-room baths). Hearty breakfasts are served and there's a large pool. Friendly and well priced. See More
Grand Circle B&B Kanab (Utah) 6 rooms from £77Active Holiday - Kanab is located between Vermilion Cliffs, Bryce Canyon National Park, Grand Canyon, Zion National Park & Lake PowellGreat walks - Take walks in the surrounding landscape. Known as 'little Hollywood', Kanab's scenery has featured in many movies over the yearsSights nearby - Must-visit sites in the region include Grand Staircase-Escalante Monument, Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park and Moqui CaveBoutique
Affordable home-away-from-home near Zion National Park. Relaxed rooms have a fresh white palette but cosy touches; fluffy carpets, throws, cushions & small desk areas. Friendly hosts make all feel welcome in the Victorian townhouse; there's a garden gazebo, fire-pit & vinyl record 'listening room'. See More
Quail Park Lodge Kanab 13 rooms from £87Active Holiday - There are no less than six national parks in the area offering a wide range of outdoor pursuits as well as gorgeous sceneryFamilies - Attractive rates, family rooms, and a laid-back vibe make this a great option for those travelling with childrenGreat walks - There are endless opportunities for hiking, however, the area around Grosvenors Arch is particularly scenicSights nearby - Marvel at the unique red rock spires in Bryce Canyon National Park
A laid-back motel offering a very reasonably priced base to explore the area's numerous national parks from. Fun rooms are brightly coloured with modern artwork, comfy beds, and coffee makers. Outdoor spaces have a communal feel and there's a large pool too. Ideal for groups or families. See More
Heller House Inn on Main Rockville, Utah 4 rooms from £102Active Holiday - Explore the wonder of Zion National Park, known for its Emerald Pools - with waterfalls & hanging garden - and cliff formationsSights nearby - As well as Zion, Bryce Canyon National Park and Capitol Reef National Park are in the areaGreat walks - The Virgin River is just 200 metres from the propertyMinimum Stay - There is a minimum stay of 2 nights
Cool and contemporary Cape Cod-style B&B with gabled porch and mountain views. Minimalist interiors feel fresh with a white palette, contrasting black leather furniture, blonde woods and exposed brick walls. The idyllic shuttered facade looks over spacious gardens. Feels like a stylish home. See More
Hyatt Place Moab Moab 126 rooms from £105Back to Nature - Located beside Arches National Park and offering wonderful desert views, this is an ideal luxry base amidst spectacular natureSights nearby - Visit the world-famous Delicate Arch and Tunnel ArchSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool
A smart contemporary hotel built against a rock in the Moab area. Spacious rooms are minimalist and bright with large picture frame windows making the most of the desert views. With a large outdoor pool and on-point service, this is an indulgent base to explore the National Park from. See More
Driftwood Lodge Springdale 63 rooms from £115Trekking - Hike in the nearby unforgettable Zion National Park. Make sure to include Angel's Landing and Subway Canyon on your itineraryActive Holiday - Make this your base to hike, raft, tube and swim in summer and bike, ski or snow-shoe in winterGreat walks - A must-do family-friendly trail takes you to Emerald Pools with picture-perfect waterfallsViews - Great views from hotel
Great-value no-frills lodge offering pleasant accommodation, good facilities and a well-located base from which to explore. Spread over acres of leafy grounds, many of the spacious, contemporary and light-filled rooms have canyon views and balconies. Perfect for those after comfort on a budget. See More
Hoodoo Moab Moab 117 rooms from £120Back to Nature - Located just 10 minutes from Arches National Park and 30 minutes from Canyonlands National ParkGreat walks - Explore some of the numerous hiking trails running through the surrounding national parksSights nearby - Make a trip to see the world famous Delicate ArchSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool
A luxury hotel offering spectacular views across the desert towards neighbouring Arches National Park. Enormous rooms are designed with clean lines and soft hues. Centred around a large pool and boasting an excellent steak house restaurant with superb wines. An indulgent base. See More
Zion Mountain Ranch UT, Utah 55 rooms from £123Romantic Break - Luxurious rustic chic cabins, with private balconies, roaring fires and some with saunas and massage rooms.Back to Nature - A secluded mountain meadow, with on-site buffalo preserve, riding, mountain biking and hiking.Great walks - From early morning mountain strolls to epic canyon treks there is something for everyone here.Fishing - Surrounded by fly-fishing destinations, the hotel provides guides and lessons.
Gouldings Lodge Oljato-Monument Valley, Utah 63 rooms from £181Sights nearby - Goulding’s Trading Post Museum built to educate visitors to appreciate and respect the local Navajo and their way of life.Swimming Pool - Indoor heated pool. Closed in the winter.Remote - Desert location.Outstanding location
Discover the Wild West! See Monument Valley in all it's burnt orange glory. This lodge houses comfortable rooms with private balconies looking out onto an unforgettable landscape. Hillside suites are complete with kitchenette & cosy cabins have all facilities. The indoor pool will soothe the senses. See More
Under Canvas Moab 40 rooms from £148Back to Nature - Tents allow for guests to truly be within nature and Utah's desert is particularly spectacular!Active Holiday - From hiking to zip-lining there is plenty to do for the adventuristGreat walks - Arches National Park and Canyonlands National Park are nearby and have miles of hiking trailsSecluded setting - For escaping.
A luxury camp set in the spectacular Utah countryside near Moab. A variety of tents tend to everyone's needs from romantic spaces for two to family-sized accommodation. The design has been kept clean and simple in order to focus on the spectacular surrounds. An ideal base for nature enthusiasts. See More
Castle Valley Inn Moab 8 rooms from £180Families - With the laid back atmosphere and boundless space this is an ideal property for those travelling with childrenCountry Escape - Set in a spectacular location in this high desert valley this is the perfect back to nature destinationBack to Nature - Enjoy a stunning off the beaten track location with the ideal conditions for some serious stargazing.Great walks - With four national parks nearby, each offering endless trails, there is plenty to explore
Offering eight lodges in a secluded spot, near Moab, this is a property really all about the setting with its 360-degree views of the striking Utah desert. Rustic chic accommodation, reassuringly hearty breakfasts, friendly hosts and easy access to many of the area's National Parks. A winning combo! See More
Red Cliffs Lodge Moab (Utah) 110 rooms from £187Hills & mountainsKayaking - Summer months are the best for this.Hideaway - A true Utah hideaway location.Sights nearby - On site Western Film Museum
Hollywood western landscape on the Colorado River with pool and horse corral. Spectacular Creek or river views from each of the large rooms. Kitchens, wood furnishings and private balconies ensure comfort. Enjoy meals at The Cowboy Grill and wine tastings at Castle Creek Winery. Stunning location! See More
Sorrel River Ranch Moab (Utah) 55 rooms from £251Kayaking - Float downstream in your own kayak or get involved in the paddle boarding craze.Back to Nature - Immerse yourself in nature.Remote - Off the beaten track.Romantic - Good for couples.
Unbeatable spot in the heart of Utah with pool, spa, working ranch with canyon and river views. Comfortable, wood furnished rooms come with kitchens and dining areas. The River Grill and Bar serves American cuisine. Activities galore by day. Make sure you relax at the spa and pool too. See More
Zion Wildflower Virgin, Utah 75 rooms from £197Active Holiday - Explore this stunning part of the country; enjoy unique plants and wildlife, river rapids, red sandstone cliffs and slot canyonsTrekking - Zion National Park is a hiking heaven; make sure to hike The Narrows, Kolob Canyons and Angel's LandingGreat walks - Enjoy the 2 mile Riverside Walk trail that traces the Virgin River; there are plenty of spots to stop and swimLively - Hip and happening.
Outdoor glamping on the edge of the wilderness. Canvas tents, place-appropriate covered wagons and comfortable wooden-walled bungalows with sit-out terraces offer something for every type of camper. All include luxury bedding, heating & AC. Feels rural but connected to nearby towns, a happy medium. See More
Cable Mountain Lodge Springdale 50 rooms from £198Back to Nature - Enjoy views over dramatic canyons from nearly everywhere on-property, including the spacious leafy grounds and riverside beachTrekking - Zion National Park is an outdoor lover's paradise with endless hiking trails through unforgettable mountain sceneryActive Holiday - Tube on the Virgin River, mountain bike through canyons, cross-country ski and hike to your heart's contentGreat walks - Finish of a local walk with a meal at the property's exclusive picnic area complete with gas grills & outdoor furniture
A series of brick and wood lodges set amongst leafy gardens and grounds. Spacious residences, suites and studios have lofty and contemporary interiors; many boast kitchenettes, living areas and impressive canyon views. Will suit outdoor lovers who don't want to compromise on creature comforts. See More
Moab Springs Ranch Moab (MOAB) 35 rooms from £207Active Holiday - For hiking or mountain biking with spectacular desert scenes - locations don't get much better than thisFamilies - The 'townhouses' come in three sizes and are complete with full kitchens - a great choice for familiesBack to Nature - Offering easy access to Colorado River, La Sal Mountains, and Arches National ParkGreat walks - Find endless wilderness hiking routes to explore
A charming converted ranch offering a collection of spacious bungalows and townhouses designed with a contemporary take on traditional style; some come complete with 3 rooms and kitchens (ideal for families). A comfortable base to enjoy the numerous activities in the nearby national parks. See More
Under Canvas Zion Utah 66 rooms from £208Active Holiday - If you are into hiking, mountain biking, canyoneering, hot air balloning or rock climbing this is the place for youBack to Nature - Camp out in the stunning Utah desert, without giving up that pampering holiday experience- win win we say!Full of characterRemote - Off the beaten track.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A one of a kind glamping experience in the stunning red-rock desert of Utah. Luxe-tents include animal hide rugs, hardwood floors, plush beds and wood burning stoves. The onsite restaurant offers perfectly slow cooked meats and local seasonal vegetables, as well as packed lunches for a days hiking. See More
Sunflower Hill Inn Moab 12 rooms from £210Local exploring - A charming lodge offering easy access to both Moab and nearby Arches National ParkGreat walks - Arches National Park (and numerous other parks) are less than an hour away and offer miles of scenic hiking trailsSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolFull of character
A charming traditional inn set in the adventure mecca of Moab offering 12 individually styled rooms and a large pool. The decor is cosy and homely with delicate floral motifs, cast iron beds and large windows offering lovely garden views. A welcoming spot to return to after a day's exploring. See More
Grand Summit Hotel Park City (Canyons) 150 rooms from £218Spa breaks - Guests at the hotel have free shuttle access to neighbouring Now & Zen Massage, making this a good option for a spa breakFamilies - Families are well-catered to at this hotel, with self-catering apartments and an outdoor pool that the kids will loveActive Holiday - Neighbouring the Utah Olympic Park, which hosts a range of winter sports, book this hotel for an active holidayViews - Great views from hotel
This hotel is located next to the Olympic Park in Utah. Guestrooms are warm and inviting, with views over the slopes and cosy fireplaces. Self-catering apartments are available which are great for families. Dine at the grill restaurant after a dip in the heated pool. Perfect for a winter break. See More
Washington School House Park City (Utah) 12 rooms from £234Fishing - Fish in the summer for or trout, bass, walleye and more in Park City's Resevoirs. Or Fly fish on the Provo and Weber Rivers.Kayaking - Down the two rivers of Park City: Weber and Provo.Views - Great views from hotelFull of characterRecommended by - Tablet, Mr & Mrs Smith
Stunning 19th Century boutique hotel on the slopes with French contemporary chic interiors and a year-round heated pool. Luxurious and modern rooms feature designer bathrooms. Winter or summer, this hotel is the perfect location for the ski slopes, water activities and much more. All welcome! See More
Stein Eriksen Lodge Park City (Utah) 180 rooms from £246Skiing - Park City is home to three world-class ski resorts: Deer Valley Resort, Park City Mountain Resort and The Canyons Resort.Country EscapeGreat walks - Summer months lend themself nicely to strolls in the wilderness and outdoor concerts.Sights nearby - Utah Olympic Park from 2002 olympics.
Luxury Summit Country resort with spa, outdoor pool, in the midst of the great outdoors. Large modern rooms (some with private hot tubs) have stunning mountain views. Glitretind Restaurant is elegant and popular with cocktails and delicious dishes. Snow or sun there is a lot to do, out or in. See More
The Lodge at Blue Sky Park City 46 rooms from £936Country Escape - The ultimate country escape: a Western getaway on a private 3,500-acre ranchGreat walks - Use the Blue Sky Trail Map to take an independent hike or choose a guided hike and learn of the local flora and faunaSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection
A luxurious hotel set on a 3,500-acre ranch. Spacious rooms are made using natural materials and are every inch a luxury experience; beds stand centrally in the room and enormous bathrooms feature deep freestanding baths. With numerous activities available this is an indulgent escape to nature. See More
Montage Deer Valley Park City (9100 Marsac Avenue) 220 rooms from £972Skiing - A truly magical alpine setting for skiing and snow shoe ramblings - end up with hot toddys on the après-ski Alpine TerraceTennisFishing - Provo, Green and Weber rivers lend themselves nicely to a spot of fly fishing.Kids Club - Fully staffed.
Activity based luxury resort in a stunning alpine valley. Views from the rooms will make you want to rise with the sun & explore the great outdoors. Skiing by winter, river-adventures by summer, with spa and pool to relax and cool off. You'll be spoilt for choice by the cuisine on offer. See More
Amangiri Canyon Point, Utah 34 rooms from £976Kayaking - Lake Powell with miles and miles of shoreline and coves for exploring.Sights nearby - Unearth fossils at one of the oldest sights in America.Hideaway - Location in the heart of Utah is breath taking.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
In secluded Utah terrain rests an architectural marvel with ornate interiors, an array of pools with private verandas and spa. Minimalist and luxurious rooms showcase canyon views. The Pavilion offer American cuisine, Oenophiles bar a great wine selection. Adventures or relaxing - all on the menu. See More
Sundance Resort Provo (Utah) 98 roomsFishing - Fly fishing in the Provo River for German Brown Trout.Views - Great views from hotelLively - Hip and happening.Outstanding locationRecommended by - Tablet
Sun or snow, this artistic eco-friendly hotel at the foot of Mount Timpanogos has stunning views of the alpine Rocky Mountains. Rooms are residential with modern bathrooms. 'Tree Room' offers candlelit dinners and award winning meals. A deli, bar and more casual dining are also available. See More
Desert Pearl Inn Springdale (Utah) 73 roomsFishing - Fly fishing for wild trout and bass in lakes and streams near Zion National Park.Sights nearby - Utah Shakespeare Festival is an annual event with plays, talks and seminars.Birdwatching - Watch bird and wildlife from the Coral Pink Sand DunesRemote - Off the beaten track.
On the Virgin River by the cliffs of Zion National Park rests a family activity oasis, a romantic getaway with an outdoor pool. Rooms and suites enjoy stunning canyon views, all the mod-cons and kitchen facilities. 9 East offers a fresh, well prepared menu and packed lunches for days of activities. See More