Search the best hotels in Vail
As beautiful an American ski resort as any, Vail’s blue skies, pine clad hills and impressive peaks make a spectacular backdrop to around 1500 acres of downhill runs and another 3500 acres of more varied ski terrain. Vail is also a glamorous destination, with the best places to stay in Vail offering luxurious spas and exceptional restaurants as well as chic rooms.
Vail’s architecture is unique as far as U.S. ski resorts are concerned - it was modelled on a European village - and the size of the resort corresponds with the size of its ski terrain - it is enormous. The runs and lifts can be busy, but the exquisitely beautiful back bowls with their wooded slopes are a wonderful place for confident intermediate skiers to let loose.
In Summer Vail is an extremely popular spot for those who appreciate the great outdoors. First there’s the mountain biking, then the horse riding, hiking, rafting, fishing and golf. A number of the lifts remain open during summer so that you can catch the gondola up with your bike and speed down.
As well as great, and expansive skiing and snowboarding, Vail is well known for restaurants and boutiques.
What not to miss
- Hit the slopes! Vail boasts some of the world's best and most varied skiing.
- During the summer months take on the challenge and mountain bike through the exhilarating terrain.
- Take day-long hikes along picturesque mountain trails.
- Unwind in one of the spoiling spas.
As a year round resort Vail can busy whatever the season. So if you want to ensure a room in one of the best places to stay in Vail, get organised and plan well ahead.
For a central location
- The Sebastian is a stylish hotel in a prime position right in Vail village. As well as 100 chic rooms there’s a luxurious spa and outdoor pool with spectacular views over the ski fields and the mountains.
For access to the lifts
- Tivoli Lodge is just a block away from the new 10 man gondola for whisking you up the mountain. Rooms are spacious and there are two outdoor hot tubs for relaxing weary limbs.
- Four Seasons Vail offers everything you would expect from the luxury brand - beautifully appointed rooms and fabulous facilities, plus wonderful mountain views!
- The Sonnenalp is a top notch alpine style hotel, which is perfect winter or summer. With on site kids club, luxurious rooms, several dining options plus spa and private golf club....what more could you ask for?
For an apartment or chalet
- If you're travelling with family or a group of friends it may be a better option to book a villa or apartment. For a wide range of properties for all tastes and budgets we recommend you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Vail is serviced by both the Eagle County Regional Airport (30 minutes from Vail) and Denver International Airport (2 hours from Vail).
- The best time to visit Vail are between December to March, which is the ski season. For hiking plan your trip from June to September when the weather is temperate.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Vail.
- Alternatively check out all our Colorado recommendations.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Vail
Best Hotels in Vail
The Sebastian Vail 107 rooms from £215Active Holiday - Activites during winter include skiing, snowboarding, sledding and skating, with biking, tennis and golf popular in the summerSpa breaks - The excellent spa is perfect for soothing the aches and pains from the day's activitiesSpa - Bloom spa has a sauna and steam rooms and an array of treatments on offer in this stylish spaceKids Club - Fully staffed.Recommended by - Tablet, Mr & Mrs Smith
Stylish and youthful hotel in prime location in Vail Mountain Village, with a luxurious spa and outdoor pool with spectacular views and fantastic skiing on your doorstep. The rooms combine Vail-chic features with a more contemporary twist, and the bar and restaurant are charming and spirited. See More
Tivoli Lodge Vail (Colorado) 66 rooms from £215Families - Children 12 and under stay for free and those 5 and under eat for free!Skiing - Just a short walk from the Gondola and chairlifts up the mountainKayaking - On Piney Lake.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet
This owner run Tyrolean style property is in the centre of Vail, known for summer adventures and its winter slopes. The large, modern rooms have mountain views, complimentary afternoon tea during ski season and just a block from gondola and chairlifts. Activities and adventures for all the family. See More
Four Seasons Vail Vail (Colorado) 121 rooms from £285Great walks - Snow or sun there is always a great walk to be had in Vail.Fishing - Summer months are great for fly fishing on the lakes.Lively - Hip and happening.Birdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.
You’ve found luxury in the scenic mountains. Plush rooms offer fireplaces and marble bathrooms. Flame is an all-American steak house, Fireside Lounge known for cocktails and fine wine. Explore the mountains: sun or snow, relax by the pool or at the all-treatments spa. Luxury and adventure in one! See More
Sonnenalp Vail (Colorado) 127 rooms from £519Sights nearby - The zipling in the area is notoriously fantastic with stunning views of the area.Lively - Hip and happening.Romantic - Good for couples.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet
At the heart of Vail Mountain with a golf course, tennis courts and much more than your traditional luxury hotel. The large rooms have fireplaces and stunning views. Spoiled for choice with three restaurants and a bar. Outdoor pool and adventures on the slopes: snow or sun, relax at the spa and gym. See More