Search the best hotels in Vail
One of the most well-known ski resorts in the USA, Vail’s blue skies, pine-clad hills and impressive peaks promise a spectacular setting for an adventurous holiday. Accommodation options in this famously glamorous Colorado resort range from intimate inns to sophisticated hotels with a plethora of facilities, fit for a whole host of tastes and budgets. Many of the best places to stay in Vail are set within the lively town itself, but we do have one remote favourite for nature-focused summer travellers.
Modelled on a European village, Vail is a fabulous spot for gourmet dining, world-class shopping and soothing spa days. You’ll find a fun après-ski buzz in a number of swish bars centred around Bridge Street, great for trips with friends or as a couple. Families, too, are well-catered for with a whole array of activities on offer in town and at Vail’s top hotels.
When it comes to the slopes, Vail is up there with the very best. Expect 1,500 acres of downhill runs, along with a further 3,500 acres of more varied terrain in the gorgeous White River National Forest. The resort is absolutely enormous. Beginners of all ages have ample opportunities to learn with reputable ski schools, whilst there’s no shortage of challenges for experienced thrill-seekers.
Come during the summer months for exhilarating mountain biking, hiking, horse riding, rafting, fishing on Gore Creek and great golf. A number of the resort’s lifts remain in operation during the warmer months, so you can zip uphill with your bike and roll down the slopes at speed. Back in town, there's a farmers' market, the lovely Betty Ford Alpine Gardens, and a variety of year-round events and exhibitions.
Beautiful and deservedly popular, the best places to stay in Vail fill up fast. Book your dream mountain getaway well in advance!
The Best Places to Stay in Vail
- Collective Vail is a gorgeous glamping hotel set within the grounds of a 1000 acre ranch. Open May to October, the property offers all the amenities of an upscale hotel — including rain showers, 1,500 thread-count linens, wood-burning stoves, and rustic furnishings — in a spectacular setting. For eager adventurers and romantics looking to immerse themselves in nature.
For an Intimate Stay
- Gravity Haus Vail has just over 20 rooms, some of which offer bunks for families or groups. A small hotel with plenty of character, this property has an excellent gym, spa and wellness-focused restaurant. The fitness classes are a highlight. A chic pick for active travellers, right on Gore Creek.
- Austria Haus is a cosy boutique spot in a European-inspired chalet, with wooden beams, inviting armchairs in front of roaring fires, and big marble bathrooms. Hearty breakfasts are served onsite. An intimate hotel for tranquil couples or families.
- Sitzmark Lodge promises a relaxed stay in traditionally appointed rooms and suites close to Gondola One. A classic, family-owned spot offering generous breakfasts, a heated outdoor pool and a hot tub in the heart of Vail. Charming.
For Families or Groups
- Lion Square Lodge is an affordable choice for a holiday with family or friends. The hotel has a range of studios, suites and multi-room condos with kitchens. Guests can unwind in the pool, hot tubs and sauna, or hit the gym before feasting at lively El Sabor restaurant.
- The Lion offers a collection of 65 one- to four-bedroom residences in the centre of Vail. Complete with fireplaces, polished wood, exposed stonework, and stylish furniture, the spaces have a stylish, contemporary feel. Multi-bedroom apartments come with full kitchens. There's also access to a games room, outdoor pool, indoor lap pool, steam rooms and a fitness centre. Luxury for families or groups.
- Tivoli Lodge is a Tyrolean-style property in the centre of Vail, with spacious family suites and an appealingly relaxed vibe. Pick this place for a classic ski or summer adventure holiday with little ones.
- The Sebastian is a hip, trendy choice, a glamorous bar and an restorative spa. Families or groups can book a Residential Suite for heaps of space, or the five-bedroom Grand Galerie Penthouse. There are family-friendly movie nights, and a dedicated 'Tykes Room' for little ones under 4 to play.
- The Sonnenalp is a classic alpine hotel, with a decades-long reputation for excellence. Expect more traditional interiors and fantastic facilities, including a soothing spa, four restaurants, a kids' club, tennis courts, swimming pools and semi-private 7,100-yard golf club. Luxury for active travellers of all ages.
- The Arrabelle at Vail Square has generously proportioned rooms, suites and apartments with crisp, contemporary interiors. Occupying a prime position on Vail Square, this is a very special choice, complete with a spa, swimming pool and acclaimed restaurant.
- Grand Hyatt Vail boasts ski-in/ski-out access from a location close to Vail Village. Great for families or couples, the hotel has impeccable rooms and suites, an outdoor pool, two creeskide hot tubs, a spa and mutliple eateries. Brilliant.
- Pop Art Villa is a 5-star ski-in ski-out penthouse with superb mountain views and all the mod-cons for an indulgent stay as a family, group or couple. Set at the base of the Eagle Bahn gondola, this is the ultimate private residence in Vail. A sister property to The Arrabelle.
- Four Seasons Vail has charm and sophistication in spades. Unwind in beautifully appointed rooms, make the most of fabulous facilties and excellent eateries, and soak up dazzling mountain views from big beds or free-standing tubs. Exquisite.
FOR A HOLIDAY HOME OR APARTMENT
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Eagle County Regional Airport, just 30 minutes' drive from Vail, or to Denver International Airport, 2.5 hours away. Hire a car or take one of the regular shuttle services to Vail.
- Colorado is wonderful for a road trip! If you would like to hire a car, contact our online partner Rentalcars.
- Visit between December and March for the best skiing. To experience the mountains in the summer months, come between June and September.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Beaver Creek.
- Alternatively, check out our pick of the best places to stay in Colorado.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Vail
Best Hotels in Vail
Collective Vail Vail 6 rooms from £117Groups - With just six types of accommodation, this is a great choice to rent out for events or a get together with friendsRomantic Break - Secluded and romantic, snack on s'mores by the fire, sample local wines, and enjoy dinners for two under the starsActive Holiday - With so much space, there are plenty of outdoor pursuits to keep busy with from horse riding to hikingBack to Nature - Set in 1,000 acres at 4 Eagle Ranch, this is an opportunity to really spend time in nature
Stylish glamping hotel set on a 1000-acre ranch. Spacious tents offer all the luxuries of an upscale hotel including rain showers, 1,500 thread-count linens, wood-burning stoves, and rustic furnishings. Expect farm-to-table dining and plenty of outdoor pursuits. A superb back to nature experience. See More
The Lodge at Vail Vail 165 rooms from £170Families - The apartments, offered in various sizes and complete with kitchens, are a great choice for familiesActive Holiday - Whether you want to ski, mountain bike or hike — Vail is a real mecca for outdoor enthusiastsSights nearby - Visit the Betty Ford Alpine Gardens, the highest botanical garden in the United StatesGreat walks - Explore some of the 166 miles of hiking trails that run through the mountains
A collection of chic rooms and apartments set in the heart of Vail. The design mixes a traditional aesthetic with a cool contemporary finish. Expect fireplaces, polished wood, exposed stonework, and stylish wood furniture. Apartments come with full kitchens making them ideal for families. See More
Sitzmark Lodge Vail 35 rooms from £171Active Holiday - Throughout the seasons Vail offers an unbeatable selection of outdoor pursuits from white water rafting to skiingSkiing - Located just steps from Gondola One, this is an easy setting to access Vail's world-class resortSwimming Pool - Heated outdoor swimming poolFull of character
A historic family-owned hotel set within walking distance of Vail's slopes. Charming rooms are traditionally dressed with elegant dark wood furniture. The best have fireplaces and balconies. With a heated outdoor pool and hot tub, this is an alluring base to return to after a day spent outdoors. See More
Austria Haus Vail 25 rooms from £185Skiing - Vail is the third largest ski resort in the USA and boasts a wide choice of runs for all abilitiesActive Holiday - From skiing in the winter to hiking in the summer, this is a destination for outdoor enthusiastsLocal markets - During the summer months a peruse of the popular Vail Farmers' Market is a mustSwimming Pool - Outdoor heated swimming pool
A small boutique hotel set in a historic European inspired chalet. Beautiful rooms are spacious yet cosy with pine furniture, open fireplaces, and spectacular views. Hearty breakfasts are served and guests benefit from reduced rates at sister restaurants. An intimate base for families or couples. See More
Lion Square Lodge Vail 118 rooms from £201Skiing - Fantastic location offers ski-in ski-out access to the Rocky Mountain's best slopes. Rent all your gear from on-site shopFamilies - Two Bedroom condos - with additional sleeping areas - offer an ideal set-up (and location) for multigenerational groupsCar not required - Location right opposite the Eagle Bahn gondola and spitting distance from shops, restaurants & nightlife is a huge drawActive Holiday - Ski to your heart's content from dawn till dusk. In the summer months hit mountain trails on bike or foot
Deluxe hotel rooms, studios, suites & multi-room condos in the very heart of town, mere steps from the gondola. Combines the independence of self-catering apartments with impressive amenities - pool, hot tubs, sauna, restaurant & gym. An affordable option for family holidays, couples & friends. See More
The Sebastian Vail 107 rooms from £215Active Holiday - Activites during winter include skiing, snowboarding, sledding and skating, with biking, tennis and golf popular in the summerSpa breaks - The excellent spa is perfect for soothing the aches and pains from the day's activitiesRestaurant - The Leonora has a 1000-bottle wine tower at its centre, and serves a continental mix of dishes including tapasSpa - Bloom spa has a sauna and steam rooms and an array of treatments on offer in this stylish spaceRecommended by - Tablet, Mr & Mrs Smith
Stylish and youthful hotel in prime location in Vail Mountain Village, with a luxurious spa and outdoor pool with spectacular views and fantastic skiing on your doorstep. The rooms combine Vail-chic features with a more contemporary twist, and the bar and restaurant are charming and spirited. See More
Tivoli Lodge Vail (Colorado) 66 rooms from £215Families - Children 12 and under stay for free and those 5 and under eat for free!Skiing - Just a short walk from the Gondola and chairlifts up the mountainKayaking - On Piney Lake.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet
This owner run Tyrolean style property is in the centre of Vail, known for summer adventures and its winter slopes. The large, modern rooms have mountain views, complimentary afternoon tea during ski season and just a block from gondola and chairlifts. Activities and adventures for all the family. See More
Grand Hyatt Vail Vail 285 rooms from £226Skiing - Featuring Vail’s premier open-air chairlift directly next to the property, this is a premium ski-in / ski-out optionActive Holiday - Renowned for its skiing, hiking, and mountain biking, Vail is an outdoor adventurer's paradiseRestaurant - Four dining options including a cafe, a piano bar, and a fine-dining choiceGreat walks - Hike through wildflower-filled meadows during the summer months
A luxury hotel boasting ski-in/ski-out access in the adventure capital Vail. Light-filled rooms & suites offer superb views from picture windows. Standard luxuries include Frette linens, deep bathtubs, & fireplaces. With a pool, spa, & several dining options this is ideal for families or couples. See More
The Arrabelle at Vail Square Vail (675 Lionshead Place) 81 rooms from £246Skiing - Vail boasts some of America's best skiing and the property provides a ski-valet service to give quick access to the slopesActive Holiday - Set in a prime location in Lionshead, right next to the Eagle Bahn gondola, offering quick access to the slopesFamilies - The interconnecting rooms and the Residences make this a great choice for families or groupsSpa - Manicures, pedicures, massages, facial and body treatments are offered in the spa's 11 treatment rooms
A luxurious four-star hotel offering a prime position in Vail Square. Generously proportioned rooms are contemporary in design yet have a traditional feel. Each has a fireplace and the largest are apartments, well suited to families. With a ski valet, pool, and spa — you'll want for nothing here. See More
The Lion Vail 84 rooms from £249Active Holiday - Throughout the seasons, there are a wide range of outdoor pursuits from skiing to mountain bikingSkiing - Vail is one of the USA's most renowned resorts and has a wide range of slopes for all abilitiesFamilies - Multi rooms apartments with full kitchens make this a great option for families of all sizesSelf catering - All units have full kitchens apart from the Studio Suites which have kitchenettes
A collection of chic modern apartments well located just a stroll from the slopes. Interiors vary in size (the largest have four rooms) but all are sleek in design and boast terraces, kitchens, & spacious living rooms. With hotel amenities such as a pool and saline hot tub, this is a spoiling stay. See More
Four Seasons Vail Vail (Colorado) 121 rooms from £285Great walks - Snow or sun there is always a great walk to be had in Vail.Fishing - Summer months are great for fly fishing on the lakes.Lively - Hip and happening.Birdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.
You’ve found luxury in the scenic mountains. Plush rooms offer fireplaces and marble bathrooms. Flame is an all-American steak house, Fireside Lounge known for cocktails and fine wine. Explore the mountains: sun or snow, relax by the pool or at the all-treatments spa. Luxury and adventure in one! See More
Gravity Haus Vail Vail 27 rooms from £350Active Holiday - Coming to vail is really all about spending times outdoors whether you want to ski, hike, or mountain bikeFamilies - With a family friendly vibe and the option of condos or bunk rooms, this is a great option for familiesSkiing - Naturally, Vail Ski Resort with its world-class skiing is the focus of many guests' tripsGreat walks - When the snow melts, there is an endless choice of beautiful hiking trails with something for all levels
A hip small hotel set in the heart of Vail Village. Rooms are designed with a fresh take on traditional style. Bunk rooms & spacious condos suit families or groups. An atmospheric bar & restaurant serve innovative dishes alongside craft cocktails. Complete with a spa, this is a luxe stay. See More
Pop Art Villa Vail from £389Skiing - The Eagle Bahn Gondola, lift ticket sales, and ski school are right on the doorstep plus there is a complimentary ski valetFamilies - The two or three bedroom units are ideal for families looking for an independent, yet luxurious, stayActive Holiday - Throughout the season, Vail offers a wide range of outdoor and adventure pursuitsSelf catering - There is a full kitchen and a personal chef can be arranged on request
High-end luxury accommodation perfectly located near the Eagle Bahn gondola. The two and three-bedroom units are spacious and light with a full kitchen, elegant sitting room, laundry services, and luxe bathrooms. Indulgent extras include a private chef, ski valet, and access to a spa and pool. See More
Sonnenalp Vail (Colorado) 127 rooms from £519Sights nearby - The zipling in the area is notoriously fantastic with stunning views of the area.Tennis - Tennis court on site.Lively - Hip and happening.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Tablet
At the heart of Vail Mountain with a golf course, tennis courts and much more than your traditional luxury hotel. The large rooms have fireplaces and stunning views. Spoiled for choice with three restaurants and a bar. Outdoor pool and adventures on the slopes: snow or sun, relax at the spa and gym. See More