Search the best hotels in Walla Walla
About Walla Walla
Once best known for its sweet onions, Walla Walla has become a Washington Wine Country classic. A charming south-eastern Washington State town surrounded by more than 120 wineries, the region is popular with romantic couples, groups and families looking to explore the great outdoors and taste fabulous wines. Accommodation options are well-suited to a range of tastes and budgets, with everything from simple contemporary hotels to luxurious inns tucked amidst the vines. Our pick of the best places to stay in Walla Walla includes central properties — well-placed for strolling around town — as well as secluded retreats nestled further afield.
Famed for its friendly small-town feel, Walla Walla is has a lovely main street lined with excellent eateries and appealing boutiques. For a sense of the region’s past, head to the Kirkman House Museum, Fort Walla Walla Museum or the Whitman Mission, which boasts wonderful walking trails. Outdoorsy visitors will adore cycling around the area — by guided tour or hired bicycle — as well as horse riding and hiking in the picturesque foothills of the Blue Mountains. There’s bird-spotting and angling aplenty at Bennington Lake, too, and some fantastic golf courses to play. Families will find a Children’s Museum, an Aquatic Centre and multiple parks for little ones to enjoy.
Walla Walla’s biggest attraction, however, is its wine, and there are a whole array of brilliant tours and tastings for keen wine lovers! Round off laid-back days with a show at the Gesa Power House Theatre or a classical concert at the Walla Walla Symphony.
Whether you’re looking for a dream honeymoon destination, a fun family holiday or a great spot for a weekend with friends, Walla Walla has it all. And if you’re in town for the wine — some of the best places to stay in Walla Walla are intimate inns on working wineries, ensuring that you’re right in the heart of the action!
The Best Places to Stay in Walla Walla
For a central stay
- Green Gables Inn is a classic B&B with quaint, traditional interiors including lots of chintz and wood. With five rooms in the main house and two further guesthouses, this is a lovely family or group base for a central Walla Walla stay. Friendly and cosy.
- The Finch is a slick modern pick in the heart of Walla Walla. Expect bright, minimalist rooms, artwork by local artists on the walls and a fun games room. Convivial wine evenings are ideal for meeting fellow guests, and the location is perfect for exploring. Also great value!
For a wine country hideaway
- The Barn B&B is a stylish adults-only hideaway with seven spacious rooms boasting high ceilings, wooden touches and appealing oil paintings. Showcasing the best of the region's seasonal produce in a funky, laid-back setting, the restaurant is a real highlight. A lovely owner-run bolthole.
- Cameo Heights Mansion is a lavish wine country retreat. Stay here for eight elegant bedrooms with huge beds, rich textiles and jetted bathtubs — some with impressive vineyard views. Unwind by the pool before savouring superb dishes at the onsite restaurant. Glamorous opulence for romantic couples.
- Eritage Resort features 20 lakeside suites and bungalows, with a crisp, contemporary aesthetic. Pick this place for the chic minimalist vibe, the excellent restaurant — where dishes are paired with local wines — and the beautiful views of the lake and surrounding vineyards. A secluded wine country escape.
- The Inn at Abeja promises beautiful rooms, suites and cottages on a splendid 38-acre property, which includes a picturesque winery. Expect lots of privacy, gourmet breakfasts and a warm, cosy feel. Families with children aged 13+ are welcome, and there's flexible accommodation for groups as well as tranquil couples!
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY COTTAGE
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly into Walla Walla Regional Airport (SBP), just 10 minutes by bus or taxi from the centre of town. Alternatively, travel to Pasco Airport (PSC), and take an hour-long bus or taxi trip from there.
- Washington State is great for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Expect hot summers, with cooler weather during the spring (April - May) and autumn months (September - October). Harvest season is a gorgeous time to see the wineries!
STILL NOT SURE?
Best Hotels in Walla Walla
The Finch Walla Walla 80 rooms from £87Active Holiday - A property that is uniquely designed around encouraging guests to get out and explore. Grab a hotel map and discover the region!Great walks - There are a number of nature trails recommended by the property varying in length and difficultyFull of characterDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
A modern hotel located in the heart of Walla Walla offering a chic base to explore from. Rooms are light and minimalist; local artists have adorned the walls & white tiled bathrooms feature rain showers. Good coffee is provided in the morning and wine around the fire in the evening. A chic choice. See More
Green Gables Inn Walla Walla 5 rooms from £108Short fly break - Located a three hour drive from Spokane, this is a good option for a weekend escape in Washington's wine countryGroups - Violet Vale Guest House gives an independent space with three bedrooms for families or groupsGreat walks - Get out into the countryside on long scenic walks starting straight from the propertyFull of character
A historic owner-managed home offering a charming stay in Walla Walla wine country. Five rooms are in the main house plus there are two guesthouses. Interiors are quaint and traditional. Romantic rooms have fireplaces and bathtubs. Guesthouses are ideal for families. Authentic and intimate. See More
Cameo Heights Mansion Walla Walla 8 rooms from £187Romantic Break - Spend days exploring the local wineries before returning to indulgent rooms with jetted bathtubs large enough for twoBoutique - A lavish boutique rural stay with all the amenities of a five-star, yet with an intimate personalised touchRestaurant - A fine-dining restaurant complete with excellent wine listSpa - There is a small onsite spa offering a range of massages
A romantic boutique property in the Walla Walla wine region. Lavish rooms feature enormous sink-into beds, rich fabrics, and jetted tubs (many with lovely views). A fine dining restaurant uses local produce and serves regional wines. An adult-only stay, perfect for a couples' break. See More
Eritage Resort Walla Walla 10 rooms from £194Romantic Break - Secluded free-standing suites with terraces overlooking the lake to sip a glass of wine on are perfect romantic escape materialCountry Escape - A stylish modern hotel centered around a lake surrounded by vineyards - country chic personifiedRestaurant - Eritage Restaurant uses local dishes to produce innovative modern dishesSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool
A chic modern property set around a picturesque lake and surrounded by vineyards. Spacious minimalist rooms feature large terraces to enjoy the views - the best are free-standing units. A fabulous restaurant uses all local produce paired with regional wines. Perfect for a romantic rural escape. See More
The Barn B&B Walla Walla 7 rooms from £273Romantic Break - The adult only environment, spacious and secluded suites, and local wineries make this a great option for a couples' escapeWine tasting - Set in Washington Wine Country, book a stay here to sample local produceGreat walks - Set out on long scenic walks through the picturesque countrysideRestaurant - World cuisine produced by owner Naina
A small contemporary hotel run and managed by dedicated hosts in Washington Wine Country. Spacious suites have a rustic-chic design with plenty of wood, high ceilings, expansive windows, and modern oil paintings. World-cuisine is produced using local produce. An adult-only stay designed for couples. See More
The Inn at Abeja Walla Walla (Washington State) from £273Back to Nature - The idyllic countryside is an amazing escape from city life.Great walks - Explore the gardens, vineyards, creeks and wildlife.Birdwatching - Each room has a 'Birds of the Area' manual.Secluded setting - For escaping.
Sun-kissed vineyards, rolling hills and intimate cottages make for a romantic mini-break in the foothills of Blue Ridge Mountains. Cottages are cozy hideaways among manicured gardens, stables and with a gourmet breakfast. Surrounding villages are home to a great array of restaurants and vineyards. See More