Punta del Este
Search the best hotels in Punta del Este
About Punta del Este
Uruguay’s most popular resort town, Punta del Este is a brilliant, buzzing beach haven with glitz and glamour in spades. There is a tremendous choice of accommodation options, from simple guesthouses to design hotels fit for a range of budgets. Whether you’re on the hunt for a romantic rural escape, a hip beachfront hideaway or a smart spot to party til the sun comes up, we’ve got you covered.
With everything from trendy fashion boutiques to glittering casinos, top-notch restaurants to beautiful beaches, there’s no shortage of things to keep you entertained in Punta del Este. A long-standing coastal party spot for wealthy Uruguayans looking to unwind at the weekends, there’s a brilliant programme of annual events, including music festivals and stellar New Year celebrations. Admire beautiful artwork at the Ralli Museum and Casapueblo, then stroll through the Atchugarry Foundation’s sculpture park before hitting the promenade or the waves. Surf, windsurf, paraglide, cycle or simply soak up the sunshine — this is a cracking outdoor playground just waiting to be explored. Stacks of lively bars and excellent restaurants make evenings here a real highlight, too.
An absolute cracker of a destination, Punta del Este promises a getaway to remember. The best places to stay in Punta del Este are set to take any trip up a notch — from lazy boutique spots right on the beach to elegant properties promising soothing seclusion and superb cuisine.
The Best Places to Stay in Punta del Este
For a Beach Break
- The Posada de los Pajaros is a 16-room boutique hotel right on Montoya Beach. The pool and minimalist whitewashed exterior have a Greek island feel, and rooms are light and contemporary, with floor-to-ceiling windows offering fantastic sea views. Adults-only, this is a good one for grown-ups in search of somewhere quiet.
- Le Club boasts an enviable beachfront location, just moments from buzzing bars, clubs and boutiques. Unwind in one of 14 stylish bedrooms, dine in the trendy onsite restaurant, then hit the beach. Head out on a yacht, try surfing, sample a private polo lesson or enjoy a round of golf. Perfect for partygoers or sociable holidaymakers.
- La Solana stands out for its urban architecture and a fascinating history. Owned by the same family for three generations, this six-bedroom retreat is right the beach, just a few miles outside Punta del Este itself. Soak up superb sea views and feast on local and Catalonian cuisine in the fantastic restaurant. Think privacy and unique architecture.
For Great Value
- Kala Boutique Hotel prides itself on a famously friendly feel. The 12 rooms and suites are sunny and laid-back, whilst the pool is an ideal place to unwind after a day spent at beautiful Playa Montoya — only five minutes away. Choose this spot for a cosy, simpler stay.
- Atlantico Boutique Hotel is a chic, reasonably priced property just moments from the beach. Interiors are modern and pared-back, there’s a great courtyard pool, and there are restaurants and bars aplenty within walking distance. A lovely base for those eager to hit the town.
For a Spa
- Fasano Las Piedras is a remarkable design hotel with spectacular views. Relax and unwind in luxurious privacy with spacious rooms, a soothing spa and a delightfully atmospheric restaurant. A restorative retreat for lovers of modern minimalism.
- Hotel Art & Spa Cumbres offers sublime tranquility in a rural spot just a few miles from Punta del Este. Set amidst stunning scenery, the 28 characterful rooms and suites have a laid-back countryside hideaway feel. The food is exceptional and the spa an absolute highlight. Choose this for a smart country house feel.
For a Romantic Escape
- L'Auberge Hotel has 35 elegant rooms set in glorious gardens. Filled with antiques, this is an enchantingly romantic place to stay, within walking distance of the beach. The candlelit restaurant adds a little something special, whilst the indulgent afternoon tea is a real favourite! Choose this spot for old-fashioned charm.
- Casa Bikini is a beautiful boutique bolthole nestled just inland, with a lovely library and superb pool. Ten well-appointed suites are named after famous writers, and are individually-designed havens with crisp white sheets and minimalist decor, perfect for hiding away. Nab the Coehlo suite for a private terrace and free-standing bath. A chic, ultra-private escape.
- Serena Hotel is an adults-only idyll with 31 chic modern rooms, two excellent restaurants and a pool mere steps from the sand. Billowing white-curtained sun loungers and cosy sea-facing sofas add a real sense of romance. One for foodies keen for cocktails overlooking the ocean.
- Casa Zinc is an intimate design hotel tucked away in a tranquil garden with a pétanque field. Brimming with character, this cool, quirky property is light and airy, filled with nods to the ’40s and ’50s. Private patios and hidden nooks give it a romantic feel. Pick this place for a real retro retreat.
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private villa we suggest that you visit our online partner booking.com.
- Punta del Este is less than two hours’ drive from Montevideo’s Carrasco International Airport by car. Most hotels will be happy to arrange an airport pickup. Car rental is also an option should you wish to explore the region independently. Visit our car rental partner Rentalcars
- Alternatively, regular buses from Montevideo to Punta del Este are also available, and take approx. two hours.
- June to August are the coolest months, with temperatures hitting their peak between December and February. This is a brilliant time to visit, but it is also very popular — especially around Christmas and New Year. Do book your stay well in advance to avoid disappointment!
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to explore our recommendations in José Ignacio.
- Alternatively, check out our pick of all the best places to stay in Uruguay.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Punta del Este
Best Hotels in Punta del Este
Atlantico Boutique Hotel Punta del Este (Península) 43 rooms from £51Beach Life - A chic base for accessing Punta del Este's beautiful beaches which always draw a hip crowdValue chic - Beautiful interiors and prices from as little as $65 per night including breakfast!Surfing - Grab your board and head to El Emir BeachSwimming Pool - Heated outdoor poolRecommended by - Tablet
A chic hotel offering modern rooms walking distance from the beach. Design is simple and stylish with large windows, whitewashed walls, hardwood floors and crisp white linen. The courtyard pool is a bonus for those wanting to escape the beach crowds and there's a wide choice of restaurants nearby. See More
Hotel Art & Spa Cumbres Punta del Este (Laguna del Sauce) 28 rooms from £80Total relaxation - Bask in your beautiful surroundings and enjoy the stunning views or make use of their extensive spa facilitiesActive Holiday - Grab a bike and cycle around the area, go off hiking for a day or workout in the on site gymSailing - Punta del Este, known as the Monaco of South America, has many sailing clubs and regattas throughout the yearGreat walks - Take a lesiurely stroll around the lagoon at sunset or go for a more adventurous hike around the local hills
Enjoying a beautiful countryside location a few miles outside of Punta del Este. It features spacious and chic rooms with stunning views whilst there is also a restaurant specialising in French or Italian dishes. Head to the beach, unwind in the spa or go for a hike! A lovely rural spot. See More
Kala Boutique Hotel Punta del Este (La Barra) 12 rooms from £105Beach Life - This property is only 6 minutes away from the beach so you can easily wander along and spend your days lounging by the seasideTotal relaxation - Go for a refreshing dip in the pool, book yourself a massage or make use of the open-air hot tubSailing - There are a number of sailing clubs in Punta del Este as well as numerous top international regattas that take place each yearGreat walks - Stroll along the coast to enjoy the weather and take in the beautiful ocean views
Just a short walk from the beach a few miles outside Punta del Este. It features sunny, spacious rooms with a simple decor and light colours whilst there's also an outdoor pool. Forget about all your worries on the beach or unwind with a massage instead. An unfussy but lovely stay! See More
L'Auberge Hotel Punta del Este 35 rooms from £106Romantic Break - Long walks on the beach, wonderful evening meals in the restaurant and beautiful accommodation-perfect for a romatic getawayBeach Life - The hotel is just a 3 minute walk from the beach so you can quick and easily stroll over to enjoy the seasideSailing - There are plenty of local sailing tour companies who can take you out to sea and along the coastGreat walks - Head down the beach at sunset and enjoy the incredible views
Located a few minutes from the beach just outside Punta del Este. It features elegantly decorated rooms with plenty of traditional furniture and soft lighting. Be sure to enjoy a candle-lit evening meal in their fabulous restaurant! A top-notch, unforgettable stay in a great location. See More
Casa Bikini Punta del Este (Manantiales) 10 rooms from £117Local exploring - With a privileged location in Punta del Este, this hotel is perfectly placed for local exploringBeach Life - Set just steps away from the beach, this hotel makes a cosy seaside bolt-holeFamilies - Book the self-contained villa for a family stay; kids love the outdoor poolSurfing - Hire a board locally and hit the waves at one of the nearby beaches; enquire at the hotel for surf companies
This boutique bolt-hole is nestled between the forest and the sea in Punta del Esta. The hotel boasts a sophisticated library and the individually styled suites are named after writers; book the Coehlo suite for a private terrace and bath. Unwind by the outdoor pool; a cosy hideaway hotel. See More
Posada de los Pajaros Punta del Este (La Barra) 16 rooms from £125Beach Life - A chic boutique property located directly on the picturesque Montoya beachRestrictions on children - This is an adult only propertySwimming Pool - Outdoor poolRomantic - Good for couples.
A boutique hotel set right on the scenic Montoya Beach in La Barra. Light rooms have a contemporary feel with floor to ceiling windows offering fabulous sea views. The bathrooms are spacious and have double showers. Offering a pool for those who wish to be away from the sea. A chic stay. See More
Serena Hotel Punta del Este 31 rooms from £130Beach Life - The hotel enjoys a superb location right on the beach so you can spend your days sunbathing on the beach or swimming in the seaTotal relaxation - Adults only, great ocean views, a peaceful atmosphere and extensive spa facilitiesSailing - Punta del Este (nicknamed Latin America's Monaco) has many sailing clubs and tour companies who can take you out on the waterGreat walks - Wander along the beach and down the coast taking in the stunning ocean views
Le Club Punta del Este (Punta Del Este) 14 rooms from £156Beach Life - A trendy option set right on the beach ideal for those who want to spend days under the sun and nights in the local barsSurfing - A nearby surf school offers lessons for all abilitiesSailing - Hire a yacht and spend a romantic day at seaRestrictions on children - Children older than 10 are welcomeRecommended by - Tablet
A stylish boutique property with an oceanfront position. A handful of rooms feature large windows, whitewashed walls and smart bathrooms. The trendy restaurant serves up a superb seafood menu along with a choice selection of wines. Punta del Este is all about the beach so this is a prime choice. See More
La Solana Punta del Este (Capitan Corbeta) 6 rooms from £279Views - Great views from hotelSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.BoutiqueRecommended by - Tablet
La Solana enjoys a beachfront location a few miles outside Punta del Este. It features light and spacious rooms with a contemporary, urban decor and large windows offering sea views. Eating at the restaurant (serving local and Catalonian cuisine) is an absolute must! A gorgeous and peaceful stay. See More
Fasano Las Piedras Punta del Este (Del Barranco La Barra) 32 rooms from £312Romantic Break - Lovely accommodation, a quiet atmosphere and great food-the perfect choice for a romantic getawayActive Holiday - There are plenty of activities on offer to get you out enjoying your surroundings!Country Escape - Fasano Las Piedras boasts a wonderfully peaceful settingTennis - Work up a sweat with a game of tennis on one of their four courtsRecommended by - Tablet
The luxurious Fasano Las Piedras enjoys a rural location outside Punta del Este. This property offers stand-alone accommodation featuring superb architecture, impressive views and designer interiors. Be sure to make use of their wonderful spa! Delightful cuisine served up. A truly marvellous stay! See More