Con Dao Islands
Search the best hotels in Con Dao Islands
About Con Dao Islands
A remote archipelago off Vietnam's southern coast, the beautiful Con Dao Islands remain a protected paradise. Made up of sixteen rugged, rocky and mountainous islands coated in dense forests and ringed by coral reefs, this is a spectacular destination for outdoorsy adventurers of all ages. It’s also a magical romantic escape, with the best places to stay in the Con Dao Islands promising unparalleled seaside bliss.
Con Son, the largest of the islands, is most easily access by a 45-minute flight from Ho Chi Minh City. The island, now home to a bustling town with a fabulous market selling fresh seafood and local produce, has a turbulent past. Long known as the ‘Devil’s Island’ of French Indochina, it was used as a prison by French colonialists for almost a century. Take a guided prison tour for a sense of this history, or visit the informative Con Dao Museum.
If you’re all about the great outdoors, you’ll find ample opportunities to go hiking and mountain biking in the verdant Con Dao National Park, or to try snorkelling and diving in the pristine waters which surround the islands. Sailing trips and day-long cruises are marvellous, as are visits to sea turtle sanctuaries during the June to September nesting season. Popular throughout the year, the best places to stay in the Con Dao Islands are well worth booking in advance!
The Best Places to Stay in the Con Dao Islands
For Boutique Chic
- Poulo Condor Butique Resort & Spa combines elements of 20th-century French architecture with traditional Vietnamese design in its inviting 35 suites & villas. Think pretty patterned tiles and four-poster beds, as well as plunge pools and private terraces. Two-bedroom villas are ideal for families and friends. A romantic wedding or honeymoon escape, not far from the coast.
For a Contemporary Beach Break
- The Secret Con Dao has bright and airy rooms and suites with light wood furnishings, modern art pieces and crisp white linens. Set right on the beach in lively Con Son, it's a brilliant base for a beach holiday as a couple or with family and friends. Cool and contemporary.
For Absolute Luxury
- Six Senses Hideaway is an exceptional island resort on a tranquil stretch of golden beach. Fusing contemporary luxury and a welcoming rustic feel, this gorgeous escape promises unrivalled luxury for guests of all ages in the remote Con Dao Islands.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR VILLA
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or villa we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Con Dao Airport on Con Son, the largest of the islands in the archipelago and just a 45-minute flight from Ho Chi Minh City. Speak to your hotel in advance about organising an airport pick-up.
- If you're comfortable driving in Asia, contact our partner Rentalcars to hire a car.
- Temperatures range between 25–32°C throughout the year. Travel between January and September for the best weather. Expect heavier rainfall between October and early December.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Expand your search to discover the best places to stay in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Alternatively, check out our pick of the best places to stay in Vietnam.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Con Dao Islands
Best Hotels in Con Dao Islands
The Secret Con Dao Con Dao, Con Dao Islands 196 rooms from £112Local exploring - Brilliantly located for exploring Con Son town, as well as the National Park and the island's striking coastlineValue chic - Chic accommodation accompanied by great facilities at a very reasonable rateCooking classes - Take chef-led cooking classes to delve into Vietnamese flavours, or hone your mixology skills with a cocktail-making classSpa - Sense Spa offers a range of treatments where to aim is to help guests to decompress
A cool, contemporary seaside hotel in bustling Con Son, inviting well-heeled travellers to unwind in swish suites clad in pale wood with modern artwork & crisp white linens. The immaculate sense of style continues in the communal areas, with chic eateries & a hip, ocean-facing pool deck. Very smart. See More
Poulo Condor Boutique Resort & Spa Con Son, Con Dao Islands 35 rooms from £148Weddings - A gorgeous venue for an intimate wedding on a secluded island, complete with gourmet dining & a candlelit receptionFamilies - Book a two-bedroom villa with private pool for a fun-filled family or group trip & enjoy the pool and beachRestaurant - Dine on Vietnamese and international cuisine at Des Iles Bistro, or fresh seafood at La BaieSights nearby - Hop aboard the complimentary shuttle into Con Son town to explore shops, cafes and markets
An intimate boutique resort fusing elements of 20th-century French architecture with more traditional Vietnamese style in its inviting suites & villas. Expect airy spaces with patterned tiles, four poster beds, warm blue-green tones & private terraces. A romantic bolthole & beautiful wedding venue! See More
Six Senses Con Dao Con Son Island, Con Dao Islands 50 rooms from £752Total relaxation - Unwind in utter bliss on 1.5 kilometres of glittering beach, with restorative spa treatments, sink-into beds & private poolsRomantic Break - A romantic haven for those dreaming of splendid seclusion, complete with private beachfront villas & a serene spaWildlife Area - Watch endangered Hawksbill turtles lay their eggs or baby turtles dashing towards the sea on Bay Canh IslandHotel Entertainment - Gather for striking outdoor film nights on the sand with the whole familyRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A super luxurious island hideaway, perched on the edge of a National Park. Each elegant eco-villa faces a private pool area. One of the trendy restaurants, By The Market, is set up as market stalls serving organic street food. Unique and utterly lovely, with a sensational five-star spa. See More