Ho Chi Minh City
Search the best hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
About Ho Chi Minh City
Vietnam's commercial hub, Ho Chi Minh City — previously Saigon — is a bustling metropolis brimming with cultural landmarks, foodie hotspots and a buzzy nightlife scene. Here, towering skyscrapers jostle for space with French colonial-era buildings, hole-in-the-wall eateries spill out onto the street and hawkers ply their trade in booming markets. HCMC is a feast for the senses, and a fabulous destination for couples, friends, families and business travellers alike. Whether you’re dreaming of a romantic riverside bolthole or a glitzy contemporary hotel, our list of the best places to stay in Ho Chi Minh City has it all.
Divided into 24 districts, HCMC can seem a little overwhelming to the wide-eyed first-time visitor, and it's worth thinking carefully about where to base yourself. The heart of the action is undoubtedly District 1. Stroll along tree-lined boulevards or weave your way through the city’s famously lively motorcycle traffic to see elegant French buildings such as the Notre-Dame Cathedral, the Saigon Opera House and the gorgeous Central Post Office. The nearby Reunification Palace, Ho Chi Minh Museum and War Remnants Museum also offer valuable insights into the city’s turbulent history. Head to the sprawling Bến Thành Market for souvenirs and street food, or join the late-night party crowd in Pham Ngu Lao. For designer shopping, look no further than Dong Khoi Street.
On the other side of the Saigon River lies more laid-back District 2. Also known as Thao Dien, this more residential neighbourhood is particularly popular with expats or families, and plays host to some great cafés, restaurants, boutiques and bars. For fantastic street food and a flavour of old Vietnam, venture instead to District 4, or to District 5’s enormous Chợ Bình Tây Market. Guided city tours come highly recommended, as do day trips into the marvellous Mekong Delta and along the Saigon River. Gather at one of the best places to stay in Ho Chi Minh City after days of exploring, and kick off your evening in style!
The Best Places to Stay in Ho Chi Minh City
For City Style
- The Sheraton Saigon, close to the Saigon River in District 1, has almost 500 sophisticated rooms and suites. Bedecked with all the mod-cons, these are fabulous spaces for business travellers or well-heeled couples. With eight drinking and dining options — including a hip rooftop bar — plus a high-end spa this is a top city break spot.
- Hotel des Arts is glamorous and romantic, with 168 rooms and suites clad in a white-on-white palette, with elegant furnishings, hardwood flooring and claw-footed bathtubs. Bask in the sunshine beside the rooftop infinity pool, gather at the Social Club Rooftop Bar for craft cocktails, and sink into big cosy beds after days of exploring. A chic choice.
- Sofitel Saigon Plaza boasts panoramic city views, a refreshing rooftop swimming pool and a sumptous spa. The French restaurant is a particular favourite with the city's foodie crowd. Interiors have a glossy, grown-up feel, with a warm and soothing palette of dark greens and charcoal. Very stylish.
- Bach Suites Saigon, just 500 metres from the iconic Notre Dame Cathedral, is an elegant, design-led property with 36 rooms and suites decorated in white and warm blues. Set behind a French-inspired façade, this is a swish choice for a romantic break or well-heeled business trip. The Home Kitchen Restaurant and rooftop pool complete the picture.
For Old-World Charm
- Hotel Majestic Saigon first opened its doors in 1925. An Art Deco masterpiece of white-painted columns, imposing arched doorways and glittering chandeliers, this is an elegant city landmark, set close to the Saigon River in District 1. Expect excellent Vietnamese cuisine, a choice of rooftop bars and plenty of timeless glamour.
- Le Meridien Saigon is a brilliant choice for a city break. Expect marvellous river views — ideal for soaking up the magic of the city's skyline at night — and sleek, polished interiors with funky colours and modern shapes. Families will appreciate the swimming pool, generous suites and flexible accommodation options. Also walking distance from Bến Thành Market.
- Intercontinental Asiana Saigon, also close to the Notre Dame Cathedral and the Bến Thành Market, has more than 300 decadent rooms and suites, with hardwood floors and classic decor. Little ones will love the large swimming pool, whilst the grown-ups can kick back at the spa.
For a Riverside Retreat
- Villa Song is a charming 23-bedroom boutique hotel on the banks of the Saigon River in more laid-back District 2. The interiors are clad in dark wood with white linens and original artwork. Explore trendy D2's cafés, galleries and riverside eateries, or hop aboard the complimentary 15-minute shuttle into the city centre. Lovely.
- An Lam Retreats Saigon River offers gorgeous riverside suites and villas with contemporary furnishings and nods to Vietnamese craft and design. The best villas have plunge pools, perfect for a romantic escape. Savour French-Vietnamese fusion fare, unwind at the spa or head into the city by boat.
For High-Rise Luxury
- Park Hyatt Saigon is an elegant luxury hotel with a white-painted French colonial and Art Deco-inspired façade. The 245 rooms and suites are impeccably decorated, the location is wonderfully central — bordering Dong Khoi Street and the Opera House — and the hotel's Lam Son Bar is one of the trendiest in town. Superb.
- The Reverie Saigon, a glitzy high-rise which glitters with lights at night, is an opulent hotel choice. Lavish, Italian-designed interiors feature lots of warm gold and cream shades, and private butlers await your instructions. Feast on Asian or Italian cuisine after cracking cocktails.
For Great Value
- The Alcove Library Hotel, very close to the airport, offers affordable rates for smart, comfortable rooms set above an extensive library. The leafy location is lovely for those eager to stroll or cycle. Very well-priced.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR VILLA
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or villa we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Ho Chi Minh City International Airport, the busiest in Vietnam. There are regular buses into town from the airport, or taxi ranks with green Man Linh and Vinasun cabs. Alternatively, speak to your hotel in advance about organising an airport pick-up.
- The city is easy to navigate by public transport, but if you're comfortable driving in Asia and intend to venture into the surrounding countryside, contact our partner Rentalcars to hire a car.
- Visit between December and April for warm, dry weather, with temperatures ranging between 25–35°C. December is the coolest time of year, with temperatures heating up and becoming increasingly humid from January onwards. Expect more rain between May and October, with dramatic monsoon deluges giving way to dazzling sunshine; carry an umbrella and be prepared to shelter in cafés until the rain stops!
STILL NOT SURE?
- Expand your search to discover the best places to stay in Hoi An.
- Alternatively, check out our pick of the best places to stay in Vietnam.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Ho Chi Minh City
Best Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
The Alcove Library Hotel Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) 26 rooms from £50Theatre - The Opera House is a 15 minute drive away, with a fantastic programme of contemporary art, performances & playsGreat walks - Slightly off centre, this area is great for walking around and exploring without the huge bustling crowds.Local exploring - Well-located between the airport and the sights, perfect for short trips or business stops in the cityValue chic - A charming and polished hotel in a lovely green neighbourhood, offering very reasonable rates
An elegant boutique hotel, slightly off the beaten track. The decor focusses around their extensive library, with flashes of colonial French accents. Comfortable and stylish rooms with classic and fresh look. An unusual and pleasing find. The Bookmark restaurant is popular amongst guests. See More
Bach Suites Saigon Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) 36 rooms from £112Sights nearby - Just 500 metres from HCMC's iconic Notre Dame Cathedral, which will delight culture-minded travellersCity Style - A chic little hotel with 36 rooms and suites in a newly built property with a swimming pool & gymRomantic Break - Couples will adore the inviting suites, some of which have big bathtubs and impressive city viewsFoodies - Feast on fragrant Vietnamese farm-to-table fare at the stylish Home KitchenRecommended by - Design Hotels
A tranquil haven in the heart of Ho Chi Minh City, this elegant, design-led property has a timeless sense of style, with a French-inspired façade and 36 romantic white-on-white rooms & suites with lovely dark blue and brass elements. The flavoursome Vietnamese cuisine is a total highlight! See More
Le Meridien Saigon Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) 343 rooms from £128Total relaxation - This is a place to recharge & relax with a luxurious spa, indoor saltwater pool, deep soaking tubs & pampering serviceGreat walks - Stroll around Saigon Zoo & Botanical Gardens, where you'll spot a temple and museum set amidst colourful plantsFamilies - Extra beds in spacious suites, multiple dining options and a swimming pool make this a fun family choiceHotel Entertainment - Live music evenings and themed nights at the hotel's multiple restaurants
Hotel Majestic Saigon Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) 175 rooms from £104Foodies - A foodie favourite with a cookery school, mouth-watering restaurants, bars and even a patisserieCity Style - An imposing Art Deco artifice overlooking the river and oozing charm & classic splendourCooking classes - One fabulous meal at the hotel will inspire you to sign up for the cooking classes!Local markets - Hone your bargaining skills at the iconic Ben Thanh Market, just 15 minutes awayRecommended by - I Escape
In prime location since 1925, the Hotel Majestic is an art deco masterpiece of columns, arches, chandeliers and stained glass domes. Its rooftop bars and Vietnamese restaurants offer spectacular views of the Saigon River. Undoubtedly the heart of the pulsating city centre. See More
Hôtel Des Arts Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) 168 rooms from £108City Style - A sleek central hotel with chic, white-on-white rooms & floor-to-ceiling windows offering unmatched views of the cityDesigner Shopping - Just 200m from Diamond Plaza, a luxury 22-story shopping centre filled with brilliant boutiquesCycling - Rent a hotel bike to explore the winding streets of Ho Chi Minh on two wheelsRomantic Break - A gorgeous luxury hotel for couples dreaming of a romantic city break
A sophisticated luxury hotel with contemporary interiors featuring white-on-white decor in rooms and suites with expansive city views. Kick bar in guest rooms with claw-footed bathtubs, hardwood floors and private sitting rooms. The fabulous rooftop bar is a serious highlight. See More
InterContinental Asiana Saigon Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) 305 rooms from £139Total relaxation - Indulgent suites and rejuvenating spa treatments make this a superb space to unwind after busy days out in the cityFamilies - Families will adore the spacious suites, the swimming pool and the flexible options for little onesClose to nightlife - Kumho Link connects more than a dozen trendy bars and restaurants to the hotelLocal markets - The iconic Ben Thanh Market is within walking distance of the hotel
Slick 5-star hotel located in downtown Ho Chi Minh City, near Notre Dame Cathedral and Ben Thanh Market. Spacious and decadent suites feature hardwood floors, bathroom chandeliers and private dining. Rooftop pool, luxury spa and gourmet dining options complete the package. See More
Sofitel Saigon Plaza Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) 286 rooms from £142City Style - A stylish city hotel, perfect for business travellers, sophisticated couples and familiesLocal exploring - District One has plenty to see and do, head out and explore this vibrant city.Designer Shopping - Dong Khoi Street in downtown District 1 is a top spot for designer shoppingHotel Entertainment - The poolside bar and lounge regularly play host to buzzy live music sets
Sheraton Saigon Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) 485 rooms from £149Designer Shopping - Shop 'til you drop at the designer boutiques of Dong Khoi street, one of District 1's top shopping destinationsHotel Entertainment - With eight dining and drinking options, live DJ sets & a vibrant atmosphere this is the perfect place to party!Local exploring - Brilliantly located in lively District 1, this is a stylish spot from which to explore the cityRomantic Break - A romantic city hotel with all the mod-cons and heaps of style
Villa Song Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) 23 rooms from £137Local exploring - Set in popular Thao Dien, a favourite residential area for expats, this boutique base is near cafés, eateries and shopsGreat walks - Sign up for Sophie’s Art Tours to explore the museums and galleries of Saigon with an expert guideHideaway - A 23-bedroom hideaway on the banks of the Saigon River, perfect for a more laid-back city stayCycling - Rent a bicycle or a motorbike, and explore the leafy streets of Thao Dien on two wheels
Park Hyatt Saigon Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) 245 rooms from £175Foodies - Foodies will delight in savouring Italian fare at Opera, Vietnamese dishes at Square One & epic afternoon teas at Park LoungeCity Style - A glamourous hotel with French-inspired decor, impeccable service and superb facilities for a swish city stayTheatre - The hotel overlooks the Opera House on Lam Son Square, perfect for catching a performanceHotel Entertainment - 2 Lam Son, the hotel bar, is one of the top nightlife destinations in HCMCRecommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Brilliant 5-star hotel slap bang in the middle of downtown Saigon. A modern hotel with French colonial-inspired interiors. Undoubtedly home to one of the city’s best bars, Lam Son - it’s packed at the weekends, get there early! Rooms are decorated in muted tones, some with separate living areas. See More
The Reverie Saigon Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) 286 rooms from £202Romantic Break - A chic choice for romantics, who will adore the sumptuous interiors, striking views and plethora of superb dining optionsCity Style - Elaborate and eye grabbing interiors by top Italian designers, Italian & Asian fine dining and a fabulous atmosphereHotel Entertainment - Home to five of the city's most exclusive restaurants and bars, there is one for every occasion.Designer Shopping - Facing Dong Khoi Street and Nguyen Hue Boulevard, HCMC's two premier designer shopping streets
An Lam Retreats Saigon River Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) 15 rooms from £207Hotel boats for hire - The hotel has a regualr shuttle service to the centre of Saigon, perfect for guests to explore the city & sample the street foodRomantic Break - Pampering spa treatments, private plunge pools & mouth-watering Vietnamese-French food make this an ideal couples' retreatTotal relaxation - A serene and indulgent hideaway, just 15 minutes by boat from HCMC, with swimming pools and relaxing massages galoreLocal markets - The staff can arrange tours of the floating markets of the Mekong DeltaRecommended by - I Escape