Search the best hotels in Phú Quốc
About Phú Quốc
Fringed with white-sandy beaches and surrounded by crystal clear waters, it is hard to see why Phú Quốc Island has taken quite so long to become the must-visit beach escape it now is. Perhaps because much of it is still cloaked in dense, tropical jungle and remains a heavily protected national park. The best places to stay in Phu Quoc thoroughly tap in to this sense of the unspoiled and pristine.
Snorkeling and scuba diving are the most popular water sports here, though jet-skiing, sailing and squid fishing – yes, squid fishing – are other activities on hand.
As well as, of course, lounging on any of the island’s beaches. Sao beach on the island’s southern tip may be one of Asia’s most spectacular.
There is also a great night market open every evening until midnight. Undoubtedly the most atmospheric and affordable place to eat on the island.
Phú Quốc is best discovered by motorbike. The roads are well paved and there is hardly any traffic. Watch out for the monkeys!
Phú Quốc is not really part of the Mekong Delta and doesn’t share its extraordinary ability to produce rice. Instead islanders have traditionally earned their living from the sea. Phu Quoc is also famed across Vietnam for its production of high-quality fish sauce (nuoc mam), the island has several factories that provide tours – not for those with an overly developed sense of smell!
What not to miss
Discover this tropical underworld on a snorkeling or diving excursion
Speed across the sea on a jet ski or for those looking for something a little more unusual a number of outlets offer squid fishing
Loose lazy hours basking under the sun on the pristine white sand beaches
Discover Vietnam's exotic cuisine at the bustling night market
Take a tour of Phu Quoc's 'fragrant' nuoc mam factories
Our pick of the best places to stay in Phu Quoc offer perfect beach holiday destinations whether you fancy some serious luxury or want to completely tune out!
The Best Places to stay in Phú Quốc
For beach chic
If you are looking for pool side service and air-conditioned rooms, then you cannot go wrong with either of these choices.
- La Veranda is built like a French seaside mansion and is set in a beautifully landscaped garden.
- Salinda Resort – a true 5-star beach resort by any standard – stands out from its neighbours on Long Beach.
For rustic chic
- For something a little more rustic, we recommend Mango Bay. This is no understatement – there is not a television on the property, no air conditioning and no telephones so leave the technology behind. A true escape!
For an apartment or villa
- If you prefer a self catering property for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner Booking.com where there is a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- Fly to the D??ng ?ông airport (PQC) from Ho Chi Minh City or there are hydrofoils boats between Phú Qu?c to Rach Gia, Ha Tien and Hon Chong.
- Best time to visit Phú Qu?c is between November and March when the average day time temperature is 31 degrees. The monsoon season runs from July - September.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars for the best prices.
Still not sure?
Monthly Weather in Phú Quốc
Best Hotels in Phú Quốc
Mango Bay Resort, Phu Quoc Phú Quốc 40 rooms from £107Kayaking - The hotel provides free access to its canoes and kayaks, the perfect way to explore the bay.Cooking classes - Learn how to cook authentic Vietnamese food with Mango Bay's chef;Great walks - Wander around the hotel's butterfly and rare orchid garden.Fishing - Hire a traditional fishing boat and head out onto the seas.Recommended by - I Escape
A hamlet of thatched huts spread across a wild garden, sloping down to the private beach, on Phu Quoc island. Private huts with luxurious open air bathrooms, well situated terraces and netted fourposter beds. Cuisine and views are second to none. Simple, beautiful and wonderfully unspoilt. See More
Salinda Resort Phú Quốc (Duong To Commune) 121 rooms from £126Great walks - This beach is the longest on the island, perfect for a sunset stroll.Kayaking - Rent the hotel Kayaks and head out to explore the coast- idyllic!Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool overlooking the beach.Full of character
Ten minutes from the airport, the Salinda Resort blends traditional Asian charm with cutting edge design, all on a beautiful tropical island. A magical retreat from everyday life, with a serious injection of style. Stylish rooms feature state of the art bathrooms and private balconies. See More
La Veranda Resort Phú Quốc (Duong Dong Beach) 70 rooms from £211Cooking classes - Take a Vietnamese cooking course from the hotel chefs and learn to cook your favourtite dishes from the menu.Birdwatching - Birdwatching tours can be arranged on request.Great walks - Hike up through the forest to the waterfall.Swimming Pool - Outdoor year round.Recommended by - I Escape, Kiwi Collection