I love your site btw! Alex Slater.
Yarra Valley wine hotels
Victoria may be Australia’s smallest mainland state, but its Yarra Valley vineyards are some of the country’s oldest, dating back to the 1830s. Lying just to the north east of the state capital Melbourne, Yarra Valley’s relatively cool climate produces bright, complex wines, most famously Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. And because the vineyards are so close to Melbourne, you can choose either to base yourself in the city or the country; our range of Yarra Valley wine hotels includes both.
Yarra Valley wine hotels in the country
- If you want to wake up to views of the vines, you won’t do much better than Chateau Yering, a Victorian manor house on the Yarra Valley’s oldest wine estate. This is country-house luxury with four-poster beds, antiques, marble bathrooms and lavish drapes in its 32 suites. Seventy wineries are on the doorstep; then return to relax in the elegant drawing room or library before dining at the first-class restaurant.
Yarra Valley wine hotels in Melbourne
- Crown Towers is a swanky hotel in Melbourne overlooking the Yarra River that will appeal to those looking for modern-hotel luxuries. As well as sleek rooms, a spa and roof-top tennis courts, there’s a glamorous bar and designer shopping close at hand.
- Also overlooking the Yarra River, the Langham Hotel Melbourne offers some of the finest skyline views of the city. Rooms are luxuriously cossetting - many with balconies - and the public areas are lavish with marble, gilding and waterfalls. After a hard day’s wine-tasting, return to a treatment in the Chuan Spa, inspired by the principles of Chinese traditional medicine, or a dip in the infinity pool.
Two excellent-value city hotels include The Prince, in the seaside suburb of St Kilda, and the quirky Cullen in the Prahran district.
- The Prince has 40 sleek, Scandi-chic rooms, all white walls, wooden floors and funky lighting. There’s a bistro-style restaurant plus a sauna and steam room to recover from all that wine-tasting.
- By contrast, The Cullen is a bold, boxy piece of architecture where the large, contemporary-style rooms are filled with modern art by Adam Cullen. Expect shots of bold colours, mirrored walls and quirky ‘objets’. It’s family-friendly, too, and the larger suites come with kitchenettes.
Nothing in our pick of Yarra Valley wine hotels that ticks all the right boxes? Either extend your search to take in all our recommendations in Victoria, or for a full list of our choice of the best wine hotels in Australia, click here.
Chateau Yering Yarra Valley, Victoria 32 rooms from £200
Five star luxury in heritage listed Victorian manor in the heart of wine region the Yarra Valley only one hour from Melbourne. Original features and antiques in rooms, extensive gardens and 24 hour room service.Outstanding location - Set on 250 acres, borders Yarra RiverSwimming Pool - 2 Outdoor seasonal poolFour poster beds - In Stable suitesGreat walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - Fodors
Crown Towers Melbourne (Southbank) 482 rooms from £182
Sleek and smart contemporary hotel situated on the banks of the Yarra. Fantastic facilities, including luxurious large rooms and two tennis courts on the rooftop garden, combine glamour and wellbeing.Sights nearby - Within walking distance of Federation Square and the Art CentreSpaSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Langham Hotel Melbourne Melbourne (Southbank) 387 rooms from £143
This luxury hotel offers unrivalled views of the city from its location on the Yarra river. The decor inside is impressive, with a marble staircase, waterfall features and chandeliers dripping from the roof. The perfect place to mix business and pleasure.Spa - Chuan Spa inspired by the principles of Traditional Chinese MedicineSights nearby - Five minute walk to Federation Square, the Arts Centre and the CBDSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
The Prince Melbourne (St Kilda) 40 rooms from £68
A hard to beat location in the seaside suburb of St Kilda, offering the best of city living by the sea. This clean hotel boasts tasteful decor and great amenities, including a sauna and steam room to unwind in after a hard day at the beach.Free wifiSights nearby - St Kilda Pavilion five minutes walk away, three kilometers to the CBDLively - Hip and happening.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Tablet, Mr & Mrs Smith
The Cullen Melbourne (Prahran) 119 rooms from £78
Located opposite the bustling Prahran Market and Chapel St, this quirky looking hotel doesn't disappoint with lashings of artwork by Adam Cullen. Large suites come with a fully equipped kitchenette. Babysitting services, free pram hire and family suites available.Sights nearby - Within walking distance of the city's main sites and shopping districtsRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith