The 7 Best Hotels in Puglia with Private Beaches
Puglia is a perfect holiday destination. With beautiful stretches of sandy coastline and gorgeous unspoilt historic sites. If it is the beach you are after, though, there are a handful of stunning hotels with private beaches meaning, regardless of the season, you can enjoy complete peace and quiet. Our hotel experts have compiled a collection of the best hotels in Puglia with a private beach to make booking your escape a complete breeze. Whether you are planning a romantic getaway with your significant other or a fun family holiday, there is something for everyone in our collection. So why not browse through the list and start planning your stay?
- Masseria San Dominico is a luxury boutique housed in buildings dating back to the 15th-century (they were once used by the Knights of Malta). A favourite of A-listers, and for good reason: from the thalassotherapy spa (using seawater from deep underground) and the 18-hole golf course to the alfresco dining and the private beach only a few minutes walk away, it's total luxury.
- Il Melograno appreciates the beauty of simplicity. This charming family-run 5-star dates back to the 16th-century. It's encircled with antiquated Moorish outbuildings and boasts its own private beach club (15 minutes away by foot). Rooms are furnished with gorgeous antiques, there's a flower-filled courtyard plus a pool, tennis court and spa.
For a family holiday
- There's something magical about Borgo Egnazia. Modelled on an ancient Apulian village the property offers airy rooms and 4 restaurants. The hotel's private beach club offers kite-surfing while the ancient Puglian healing rituals in the spa and the Kids Club make this an indulgent choice.
- A renovated farmhouse, Masseria Torre Coccaro is one of the best of Puglia's family-friendly hotels. Complete with a private beach, rustic-chic rooms and a spoiling Aveda spa. Families can book out their own converted cave with an olive grove and pool. Down at the beach, you can relax at the bar or take the yacht out for a spin.
- Canne Bianche is primed for relaxation. Set by the Adriatic Sea, the picturesque property offers simple stylish rooms with balconies opening up to the garden which is dotted with hammocks. Better yet, the spa, lovely pool, and private beach - ensure a very relaxing stay.
For a romantic escape
- A 5-star luxury adults-only getaway set by the sea. La Peschiera is one of the most beautiful hotels in Puglia with its own private beach. This cosy retreat offers simple white rooms with antiques and bohemian touches. Perfect for honeymooners, the enormous courtyard pool is a delight and the al-fresco dining on decking raised above the water is enchanting.
- Sophisticated and hip, Masseria Torre Maizza offers airy, contemporary rooms with hot tubs. The courtyard bar is defined by its Balinese sofas, the spa offers olive oil massages, and they have their own golf course. The beach club is the real magnet, however, with yachting, volleyball, and jetskiing.
Still not sure where to book?
- Expand your search by checking out our full list of the best Puglia hotels.
- Or you could expand your search to include neighbouring Campania or Basilicata;
- Try our list of the best luxury hotels in Sorrento or the best family hotels in Sorrento;
- Alternatively, you can contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Masseria San Domenico Savelletri 47 rooms from £425Honeymoons - A sophisticated honeymoon choice- ornate four-poster beds and panoramic views over Puglia, with fine dining and pampering spa.Active Holiday - Lovely grounds and beaches for walking, bikes for rent, tennis courts, golf course, and both indoor and outdoor pools.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby village of Alberobello with its fascinating domed trulli houses.Great walks - Wander the fragrant gardens or take a stroll down to the coast.Recommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
One of Puglia’s best hotels offering a luxurious spa and golf course. Rooms and fabulous suites decorated with romance - white washed walls and rich drapes, some have private gardens, hot tubs and balconies. Fantastic selection of restaurants and stunning salt water pool. A heavenly spot. See More
Masseria Torre Coccaro Savelletri 33 rooms from £198Active Holiday - Explore the rugged countryside on the hotel mountain bikes, head down to the beach, or grab a round of golf.Sights nearby - Head to the nearby Mozzarella Palace for a cheese tasting then down to the local fishing village of Savelletri for seafood.Spa - Fabulous subterranean Aveda Spa with indoor pool, relaxation area and wide range of treatments on offer.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Kiwi Collection
An elegantly restored historic fortified farmhouse, minutes from the sea. Wonderful rooms and suites with rough white washed walls, fine linens and silks - one suite occupies a cave and has its own olive grove and pool. Fabulous regional cuisine, Aveda spa and its very own private beach club. See More
Masseria Torre Maizza Fasano 26 rooms from £503Country Escape - Surrounded by ancient olive groves and fruit orchards, with fantastic walking, produce straight from the farm, and beach club.Romantic Break - A grown up choice with luxurious rooms, wonderful food, and picturesque scenery.Great walks - Explore trulli country on foot or by bike- discover it's ancient olive groves, fruit trees and miles of scrub.Cooking classes - Pick fresh olives and vegetables from the olive groves and use them in yummy Apulian dishes.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet
Canne Bianche BR, Puglia 53 rooms from £112Local exploring - Located a 10 minute drive away from Fasano and 20 minute drive away from AlberobelloTotal relaxation - There is a spa, pool, hot tub, Turkish baths and sauna on site - divine!Beach Life - A seafront hotel with a private sandy beachLocal markets - Explore the fishing town of Savelletri with many restaurants close byRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A beautiful relaxing hotel on the beach offers rooms with private balconies and spectacular views of the Adriatic. Interiors are simple and stylish in neutral colours and antiques. Timo, the in-house restaurant serves Puglian dishes including fresh seafood. A truly Mediterranean feel. See More
La Peschiera Savelletri 12 rooms from £347Honeymoons - The majestic seaside setting and superb suites make it perfect for honeymooners.Beach Life - Right on the sea with exclusive access to a beach and a relaxed seaside vibe.Sights nearby - Visit the stunning historic UNESCO protected Trulli of Alberobello.Restrictions on children - Adult only.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
A stunning five-star hotel, set right on the Adriatic Sea. The luxury design and magnificent location combine to create a tranquil atmosphere that is perfect for a relaxing seaside break. Enjoy sumptuous seafood and staggering sea vistas at the hotel's restaurant. The embodiment of serenity. See More
Il Melograno Monopoli 38 rooms from £156Beach Life - This chic hotel offers access to their own private beach with white sands and blue waters and a seafood restaurant and bar.Spa breaks - Refresh and revive with the spa's extensive therapy list, sauna, frigidarium, turkish bath and hammam.Tennis - Enjoy the hotels two floodlit tennis courts and catch a game when the sun cools off.Sights nearby - Make a trip to the UNESCO-protected Trulli of Alberobello.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux
A five star family-run hotel with a delightful down-to-earth atmosphere. Renovated 16th century farmhouse with sprawling Moorish outbuildings and flower-filled courtyards, terraces, big pool and tennis courts. Charming rooms in florals, tiled floors and fireplaces. Excellent spa and beach club too. See More
Borgo Egnazia Savelletri (Fasano Brindisi) 164 rooms from £233Families - Range of child friendly fun: complimentary kid's club, tennis, kite-surfing, swimming, beaches, games room, zoo safari nearbyRomantic Break - Indulgent spa, architecture reminiscent of a Apulian village, pools, gardens, beaches and gourmet Italian cuisineFoodies - Foodies should not miss the Due Camini restaurant which has been awarded one Michelin StarSwimming Pool - Indoor and Outdoor Pools, plus private pools with the Egnazia Suite and some of the VillasRecommended by - I Escape, Mr & Mrs Smith
A luxurious and stunning village-style resort in Puglia. Rooms and suites, the ultimate in opulence, have creams, marbles and chic accessories, all with enormous bathrooms. Gourmet Pugliese cuisine, pools, spa, beach club, tennis and gardens. Luxury, gourmet and romantic. See More