10 Best Hotels in the Palmeraie
Don't fancy the hectic buzz of the medina? Take a twenty minute taxi ride and you’ll find the Beverly Hills of Marrakech, a great palm forest dotted with luxurious hotels and stunning private villas. This is the Palmeraie. Here you’ll find properties with majestic views of the Atlas Mountains, herb gardens, spacious rooms and decent sized swimming pools. With its obvious allures, there is a wide choice of hotels to pick from which is why our Hotel Gurus have compiled a collection of the best hotels in the Palmeraie. Whether you are planning a luxury getaway, a romantic break, or a spa escape there is something to suit most trips. So why not browse through our list to start planning your next break?
- Our favourite new find for families in the Palmeraie is Palais Mirage d'Atlas. Those travelling with kids in tow will love the family suites; there's even a fabulous three bedroom villa with private pool. Other great facilities include a huge communal pool, pampering spa and restaurant.
For the design
- Jnane Tamsna is a fairytale hideaway where minimalist Moroccan splendour achieves a peaceful contemporary look. There's a great hammam, a large pool and tennis courts all set amid 9 acres of beautiful gardens. A very stylish choice.
For traditional style
- Les Deux Tours is an elegant and peaceful resort located just 10-minutes from central Marrakech. Stay in palatial-sized tartari-ceilinged villas, the best of which have separate entrances, enclosed private pools, carved wooden dressing rooms, and deep bathtubs. A charming hideaway.
- Dar Zemora is one of the Palmeraie's best kept secrets: it is small and luxurious, with just six beautiful rooms, set in three acres filled with lemon trees and roses. The food is fantastic and indulgent.
- The Mosaic Palais Aziza is set amid five acres of lush gardens with fruit and palm trees planted around the pools and terraces. The twenty eight rooms and six suites offer contemporary comforts all wrapped up in traditional Moroccan decor.
- Alternatively, try the Ksar Char Bagh, a stunning Moorish palace with more gorgeous gardens, a luxury hammam, an Alain Ducasse trained head chef, a vast library, fumoir and much, much more!
- Palais Namaskar is a luxury property with chic design that merges the old and the new. Enormous rooms boast large glass walls giving lovely views of the gardens or pool. Boasting a spoiling spa and a choice selection of restaurants and bars. A stylish luxury choice.
- Dar Ayniwen is a truly luxury romantic haven. Originally built as a private home, many of the original owner’s treasures still remain. Accommodation is in eight luxury suites, four in the main house and four scattered around the beautiful gardens.
- Villa Dinari is a delightful owner-run property that is designed for complete relaxation. The design blends the feel of an exotic Moroccan villa with the charm of a relaxed English country house. Stand-alone suites tucked away in leafy grounds and romantic day beds make this ideal for couples looking for relaxed getaways.
- Villa Al Assala boasts modern rooms with Moroccan touches, all with four posters and private terraces. With candlelit dining by the pool, a hammam, and a spa with couples' treatments — this is a spoiling base for two.
For eco-friendly values
- Les Cinq Djellabas is a great alternative to the riads of Marrakech: an eco-friendly hotel, with views of the Atlas mountains. Accommodation is in ten African eco-lodges dotted around the palm, banana and olive filled gardens.
Still not sure where to book?
- Check out our Guru’s list of the best riads in Marrakech,
- find another way to escape the crush on our list of the best hotels near Marrakech,
- consider one of our Guru’s recommendations for the best hammams in Marrakech,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Palais Mirage d'Atlas Marrakech (La Palmeraie Bab Atlas) 12 rooms from £165Exclusive offer - 10-20% OFFLocal exploring - Although a short drive from Marrakech, the Palmeraie is the perfect base for exploring the city and relaxing afterwards!Families - Ideal for families with the range of flexible accommodations including family suites and a three bed villa with poolSpa - With traditional hammam and extensive range of massages and body treatmentsSights nearby - You're a fifteen minute taxi ride from the centre of town
Charming family friendly property in the Palmeraie. Accommodations range from junior suites to a three bed villa with private pool. All similarly done in a contemporary style but with a classic feel. Excellent spa, huge pool, restaurant and lovely gardens. A welcoming oasis just outside the city. See More
Jnane Tamsna Marrakech 24 rooms from £226Families - With extensive gardens, five pools, tennis courts, and prebooked specialised kids activities this is the perfect family getaway.Weddings - One of the hotel's main clientele due to the beautiful grounds and flexible accommodation in different buildings.Garden - A 15-acre walled estate.WellbeingRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Dar Zemora Marrakech 6 rooms from £220Country Escape - A totally tranquil property near the bustling city of Marrakesh making it the ideal place to relax after a days explorationRomantic Break - A romantic haven, with lavish fourposter beds, incredible six-course dinners and lush gardens for strolling hand in hand.Tennis - Access to tennis courts can be arranged by the hotel.Swimming Pool - Two outdoor poolsRecommended by - I Escape, Mr & Mrs Smith
Hotel Les Cinq Djellabas Marrakech (Annakhil) 10 rooms from £200Total relaxation - A quiet, idyllic spotRestaurant - Moroccan cuisine and international dishesSecluded setting - but within easy reach of the MedinaSwimming Pool - Heated Outdoor poolRecommended by - Tablet
A haven in the heat of Marrakech. Ten African eco-lodges sprawling through an acre of garden. Combining contemporary design and a hint of traditional Moroccan craftsmanship. Absolute barefoot luxury and wellbeing in a private setting. The ideal relaxation spot for couples. See More
Ksar Char Bagh Marrakech (La Palmeraie BP 2449) 13 rooms from £304Honeymoons - A private a and tranquil palace, with romantic suites, candlelight dinners and plenty of grounds to explore.Spa breaks - A wonderful hammam for the unique spa experience.Swimming Pool - Luxurious outdoor poolArchitectural - Moorish palace.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux
A beautiful Moorish palace, in the Palmeraie scrub-land. The elegant suites marry phenomenal attention to detail with Moroccan chic and European style. The tranquil gardens, luxurious hammam and mouthwatering cuisine make this a fairy-tale honeymoon retreat you'll never want to leave. See More
Mosaic Palais Aziza Marrakech (Commune J'Nanate) 28 rooms from £234Sights nearby - Just 10 minutes from medinaRestaurant - Choice of two restaurantsSwimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolSpa - And hammam
A romantic, secluded hotel that’s ideal for couples who want to steer clear of the chaotic Medina. Luxurious, yet charming, this retreat offers a fusion of contemporary comforts and traditional Moroccan décor. The pool, spa & two on-site restaurants offer the perfect spot for ultimate relaxation. See More
Dar Ayniwen Palmeraie de Marrakech 8 rooms from £174Cooking classes - Free cookery classes for hotel guests!Romantic - Good for couples.Full of characterTraditional
Villa Dinari Marrakech (Lots Bouzaoui - Commune al Ouidane) 12 rooms from £95Romantic Break - Stand-alone suites tucked away in leafy grounds & romantic day beds makes this ideal for couples looking for relaxed getawaysTotal relaxation - Located in Marrakech's Palmeraie area, this is for those who wish to unwind, whilst still being within easy reach of the cityGroups - Tented suites work well for budget-friendly holidays with friends; they sleep up to three & located close to one anotherBusiness meetings - A great option for off-sites & retreats with range of indoor / outdoor reception areas & meeting spaces
Delightful owner-run property in Marrakech's Palmeraie region. Blending the feel of an exotic Moroccan villa with the charm of a relaxed English country house; enjoy pretty rooms, lush gardens, pool & romantic open-air dining. Fab option for those who want to feel at home while doing very little. See More
Les Deux Tours Marrakech (Circuit de la Palmeraie) 41 rooms from £199Exclusive offer - Save 5%Local markets - The Jemaa el Fnaa, Marrakech's famous square, where almost anything you could imagine can be foundSights nearby - Hear the call to prayer at Koutoubia MosquePrivate Hot Tub - In the Jacuzzi SuiteSwimming Pool - Outdoor & heatedRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A relaxing hideaway in the Palmeraie set amid beautiful mature gardens. Accommodations range from classic doubles to huge suites with private pools; all boast stylish interiors which seamlessly blend the contemporary with the traditional. Superb food, spa, pool and stand-out service. Bliss! See More
Palais Namaskar Marrakech (Province Syba) 41 rooms from £414Local exploring - A tranquil city base with easy access to all its attractions.Local markets - Explore Marrakesh's famed souk and haggle for a host of treasures.Romantic - Good for couples.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
A luxury property sat on the outskirts of Marrakesh giving easy access to both the city and its surrounds. Contemporary rooms are enormous and boast large glass walls giving lovely views of the gardens. Boasting a spoiling spa and a choice selection of restaurants and bars. Superb. See More
Villa Al Assala Marrakech 10 rooms from £182Local markets - Daily shuttles into Marrakech town allow you to explore the colourful markets.Swimming Pool - Outdoor.Romantic - Good for couples.Spa
Located in a tranquil palm grove ten minutes from the bazaars of Marrakech Villa Al Assala boasts modern rooms with Moroccan touches, all with four posters and private terraces. Dine al-fresco by the pool on delicious local dishes. There is also a hammam and spa. A wonderfully romantic abode. See More