16 of the Best Hotels Just Outside Marrakech
If you're visiting Morocco for any length of time, grab the opportunity to travel a little further afield from Marrakech than the Palmeraie. Some of the best places to stay in Morocco are hotels near Marrakech, but far enough away to feel as if you've escaped away from the hurly burly. Within an hour or so of the city, you will discover majestic countryside, breathtaking views and some fabulous properties to stay in. With this in mind, our hotel experts have compiled a collection of the best hotels just outside Marrakech ranging from rural properties on the outskirts of the city to easily accessible hotels in the High Atlas. Whether you want all-out luxury or an affordable and laidback stay, there is something to suit most tastes and budgets. So why not browse through our collection to start planning your next break?
For the outskirts of Marrakech
- If you don't fancy straying too far from the city, then the Jardins d'Issil in the outskirts is the perfect compromise. The cluster of Caidal tents which provide the accommodation are set around a large infinity pool amid scented gardens. The vibe here is very relaxed and the food is excellent.
- Moderately priced Tigmi is an attractive option. This charming small hotel is formed from a collection of village dwellings. Expect open fireplaces, rich silks, shaded courtyards, beautiful gardens, and celestial mountain views.
- Adama Resort is tucked away on a six-acre park, just a short drive outside Marrakech. Rooms and suites are traditionally styled, there's a great restaurant, and it's very family-friendly. A laidback choice.
- Villa Dinari is a delightful owner-run property set just outside Marrakech in the Palmeraie. The design blends the feel of an exotic Moroccan villa with the charm of a relaxed English country house. Stand-alone suites tucked away in leafy grounds and romantic day beds make this ideal for couples looking for relaxed getaways.
- The world-famous Amanjena is also not too far from central Marrakech. Here there are pavilion-style rooms with proportions worthy of a Pasha. While the spa goes above and beyond. A very luxurious option.
- Fawakay Villas is a verdant oasis 10 km outside Marrakech. Rooms and suites are spacious and have a rustic-chic feel. There's a wide range of activities for those who like to keep busy but this is an equally good base to just relax.
- The Capaldi is a former country home with the Atlas Mountains in the backdrop and desert surrounding it. This is a perfect place to retreat to after a few days in Marrakech. With a hammam, two pools, a gourmet restaurant, and even a cinema — you'll wish for nothing here.
For the High Atlas
- The Kasbah du Toubkal ticks all the boxes in terms of authentic feel and spectacular views. It also boasts eco-credentials with its Green Globe award for sustainable tourism, and is very family-friendly.
- But for out and out luxury book into the Kasbah Tamadot, Sir Richard Branson's High Atlas pad, with its stunning bedrooms, breathtaking views and five-star spa.
- The Kasbah Bab Ourika in the High Atlas also offers a luxury retreat, albeit at more affordable prices. Book this property for the boutique feel and the staggering mountain views.
- Alternatively, if your budget is restricted book a room in Dar Adrar, a simple, rustic guesthouse perched in the mountains above Imlil.
- L'Amandier is a spectacular work of architecture in equally impressive surroundings. Cool and contemporary throughout, this is nature experienced the modern way.
For the High Atlas foothills
- The Domaine de la Roseraie offers spacious bedrooms in bungalows scattered around exotic gardens. With a lovely swimming pool, a spa, and a hammam — this is an indulgent base to enjoy nature from.
- Alternatively, there’s the Kasbah Angour, a gorgeous Berber castle converted to a hotel, but with much of its traditional charm, and furniture retained.
- Fellah Hotel is a luxurious Atlas Berber hotel with designer flair, fantastic cuisine, and its own farm. With mountain landscapes and a beautiful pool — this is an alluring mountain stay.
- Berber Lodge is a rustic country lodge with nine rooms just outside Marrakech in the foothills of the Atlas Mountains. Inspired by a Berber village, the interiors are natural and earthy. A lovely traditional hideaway.
Still not sure where to book?
- Consider our recommendations for the best places to stay in the Palmeraie.
- Refine your search to 20 of the Best Riads in Marrakech or Marrakech's 10 Best Hammams and Spas.
- Or you could expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Marrakech.
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Jardins d'Issil Marrakech (Sidi Abdallah Ghiat) 17 rooms from £69Romantic Break - Romantic Moroccan style tents in a poolside paradise - the perfect romantic retreatSwimming Pool - Large outdoor poolDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Barefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.
Tigmi Marrakech (Km 24 Route d'Amizmiz) 21 rooms from £112Total relaxation - Designed with relaxation in mind find quite corners, meandering paths through stunning gardens and suprise plunge pools.Value chic - Moroccan chic at very affordable rates with lovely pool, charming rooms, stylish interiors and plenty of charm.Local markets - Spend a day in the bustling Marrakesh souks, a delight for all the senses.Views - Great views from hotel
Exceptional charm at this small hotel formed from a collection of village dwellings. Open fireplaces, rich silks, shaded courtyards, beautiful gardens,and celestial mountain views serve to create a true sense of wellbeing. The Moroccan chic rooms are comfortable and full of thoughtful touches. See More
Amanjena Marrakech (km 12) 39 rooms from £607Romantic Break - Think vast beds beneath up-lit Venetian stuc domes and private dining in your softly lit dining hall.Total relaxation - Lounge by the pool, indulge in candlelit oil massages and sessions in the Hammam.5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Sights nearby - Situated near Marrakech the red-walled former fortress crisscrossed by narrow lanes.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection
World famous luxury hotel. This tranquil retreat pays homage to North Africa's stark beauty — sun-paled red walls, rose strewn fountains. Pavilion style rooms with proportions worthy of a Pasha. The spa that goes above and beyond. A 'peaceful paradise' that breathes romance and beauty. See More
Kasbah du Toubkal Atlas Mountains, High Atlas 17 rooms from £139Active Holiday - This is the perfect spot to set off on a once ina lifetime trekking experience, not for the faint hearted!Trekking - This is trekking country- Choose from the Flexible 6-day trekking package or the 2-day ascent of Toubkal.Eco break - it employs locals, funds the Village Association and has won a Green Globe for sustainable tourism.Child friendly - Plenty of activities on and off site.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
An eco-friendly resort perched on the side of the Atlas Mountains. The rooms range from economy dorms to luxurious havens. Moroccan chic decor with exposed wood beams, whitewash walls and bright fabrics. Indescribable views. The delicious food and lovely hosts seal the deal. See More
Kasbah Tamadot Asni, High Atlas 28 rooms from £450Active Holiday - With a range of trekking options from north Africa's highest peak Jbel Toubkal to a gentle hike down the river to Asni village.Honeymoons - Romantic suites with wonderful views, charming touches and private dining.Swimming Pool - Infinity pool with stunning viewsHills & mountainsRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Kiwi Collection
Kasbah Bab Ourika Ourika, High Atlas 28 rooms from £130Exclusive offer - Eco friendly breakLuxuryGreat walks - In the national park and the Atlas MountainsViews - Spectacular views to the Atlas MountainsSwimming Pool - Outdoor Pool
Dar Adrar Aroumd, High Atlas 8 rooms from £24Great walks - Ideal base if you're climbing Mt Toubkal. Owner can arrange guided walks of the area.TraditionalViews - Great views from hotelRemote - Off the beaten track.
Domaine de la Roseraie Ouirgane, High Atlas 42 rooms from £77Romantic Break - The hotel offers couples massages and Hammam sessions plus romantic dinner for two on your first night.Active Holiday - Ideally situated to explore the Atlas Mountains either on foot or on horseback.Great walks - Take a walk around the 60 acres of rose filled parkland the hotel sits in.Views - Great views from hotel
Kasbah Angour High Atlas 25 rooms from £110Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolRestaurant - Recommended.Local markets - Good for local colour.Views - Great views from hotel
Gorgeous Berber castle in foothills of the Atlas Mountains. Superb panoramic views, suites with traditional Moroccan materials and locally made furniture. Beautiful gardens, a large swimming pool and wonderful local excursions. A relaxing spot to recoup in after a day of activity. See More
Adama Resort Marrakech 57 rooms from £103Groups - With whole Villas for rent and plenty of space to hang out, this is an ideal destination for a group holidayTotal relaxation - Make full use of Adama Resort's extensive spa facilities, lounge by the pool and wander the lovely groundsCooking classes - Adama Resort offers Moroccan cookery classes so you can learn to whip up for favourite dishesSights nearby - Hop on the free shuttle bus into Jamaâ El Fna Square and go sightseeing
Adama Resort is tucked away on a six acre park, just a short drive outside Marrakech. The property offers a range of suites and villas decorated in a typically Moroccan fashion. Enjoy wonderful meals at the Les Oliviers Restaurant! Work up a sweat in the yoga or dance classes. Great for families. See More
Fellah Hotel Marrakech 21 rooms from £105Foodies - Fantastic Franco-Moroccan fare.Romantic BreakLuxurySpa breaksRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, CN Traveller
Gloriously luxurious Atlas Berber hotel with designer flair, fantastic cuisine, and its own farm. Mountain landscape, beautiful pool, boxing ring, gym, hammam, Franco-Moroccan cuisine. Sumptuous rooms and suites are works of art with all the mod cons. Entirely for the thrill of it! See More
Villa Dinari Marrakech (Lots Bouzaoui - Commune al Ouidane) 12 rooms from £95Romantic Break - Stand-alone suites tucked away in leafy grounds & romantic day beds makes this ideal for couples looking for relaxed getawaysTotal relaxation - Located in Marrakech's Palmeraie area, this is for those who wish to unwind, whilst still being within easy reach of the cityGroups - Tented suites work well for budget-friendly holidays with friends; they sleep up to three & located close to one anotherBusiness meetings - A great option for off-sites & retreats with range of indoor / outdoor reception areas & meeting spaces
Delightful owner-run property in Marrakech's Palmeraie region. Blending the feel of an exotic Moroccan villa with the charm of a relaxed English country house; enjoy pretty rooms, lush gardens, pool & romantic open-air dining. Fab option for those who want to feel at home while doing very little. See More
Fawakay Villas Marrakech (La Ouidane) 15 rooms from £150Exclusive use - Perfect for Family parties, wedding receptions or anniversaries, can cater for up to 120Garden - Three and a half acres of lush garden with palms, roses, pomegranates and citrus fruits.Cooking classes - Bouchera can organise cooking classes for minichefs from the age of 6+ while you enjoy a couple of hours by the pool.Sights nearby - 15 mins from Marrakech medina and the souks, YSL museum & gardens. Guides can be arranged and booked through Fawakay.
A verdant oasis 10 km outside Marrakech. Three cool individually styled ochre coloured villas, a garden suite and three unique comfortable eco suites provide the perfect sanctuary or should you choose, exclusive use party venue. The pools, bar, and al fresco dining make for a great focal point. See More
Berber Lodge Marrakech (Route du Barrage) 9 rooms from £155Hideaway - An earthy, unpretentious place, affording guests an old-fashioned style rural retreat.Sights nearby - Marrakech and all it has to offer is a mere 12 miles away, and there is a good choice of pretty wildlife sights to visit nearbyGreat walks - There are some beautiful trails in the area for guests to take in the stunning surroundings of the Atlas foothillsRestaurant - The menu is fixed. Drinks are on the pricey side and you have to tell them if you want lunch at breakfast.
The Capaldi Marrakech, High Atlas 23 rooms from £148LuxuryWedding licenseDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Great walks - The Lake Lalla Takerkoust is a 40 minute walk from the hotelRecommended by - I Escape
A former country home, with the Atlas Mountains in the backdrop and desert surround it's a perfect place to retreat after a few days in Marrakech town. Luxurious rooms are bright with exotic colours. With a gourmet restaurant, cinema, two pools and a hammam there is plenty to keep you entertained. See More
L'Amandier Near Marrakech, High Atlas 6 rooms from £234Back to Nature - Find stunning mountains surrounds and architecture that allows one to enjoy it whether inside or out.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Secluded setting - For escaping.Views - Great views from hotel
A spectacular work of architecture in equally impressive surroundings. Cool and contemporary throughout this is nature experienced the modern way. Rooms with large floor to ceiling glass windows are otherwise minimalist in style leaving the views to do the talking. The ideal mountain getaway. See More