- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Best beach hotels on Lanzarote
Of all the Canary Islands, Lanzarote has the steadiest climate, offering over 300 days of sunshine a year. Not surprisingly, it is a hugely popular holiday destination, especially for families or anyone wanting a quick sunshine fix. Add in beautiful beaches, fantastic water sports and a steady control over high-rise developments, and it makes a perfect fly-and-flop holiday choice, and the best beach hotels on Lanzarote cater for exactly this type of visit.
The island’s west coast is wilder and rockier - great for surfers keen to catch the swells - while the best beach hotels on Lanzarote tend to be on the eastern and southern coasts. Here you’ll find long stretches of pale-white or sunshine-gold sand and generally shallow waters; perfect for swimming and sunbathing.
- Playa Grande at Puerto del Carmen, just south of Arrecife, the capital, is the island’s longest-established beach resort, and has everything you could wish for, against a promenade of palm trees and hibiscus.
- In the south, Playa Blanca is an attractive modern resort and close to the lovely coves of Punta del Papagayo.
- If you want a bit of action, Costa Teguise, to the north of Arrecife, is a great choice for windsurfing, although it also offers a safe, sandy beach.
- Surfers will appreciate the breezes at Playa de Famara on the north-west coast,
- while, if you’re feeling adventurous, there are some lovely, white-sand, coves on the rugged north-east coast.
Our choice of the best beach hotels on Lanzarote ensure you’re never far from some of the island’s best sands.
Best beach hotels on Lanzarote
For a luxury resort
- The magnificent Princesa Yaiza Suite Resort Hotel, at Playa Blanca, offers five-star luxury from the balconied contemporary-style rooms and eight restaurants to the large spa, sports facilities and six pools.
- Gran Melia Salinas is an adult's only resort in Costa Teguise, set in attractive lush grounds, steps from the beach. It's got every facility you can think of and there's a VIP wing for those who like their holidays more exclusive.
- Arrecife Gran Hotel enjoys the perfect location right on the El Reducto beach. Rooms are spacious and smart and many boast stunning sea views.
- Eco Finca de Arrieta is perfect for families: there's a wide range of accommodation from luxury yurts to eco villas, there's loads of on site activities and it's just 300m from the beach.
- Book Hesperia Lanzarote if you're looking for a luxury hotel with a focus on sports and activities and a miniclub for the little ones. Ideal for an active family break.
- Aqua Suites is a stylish contemporary property in Puerto del Carmen. Its spacious suites are ideal for families, and you're right on the seafront.
- La Isla y El Mar works for both families or couples. It's a relaxing haven with cool contemporary interiors and great facilities including two restaurants and a deluxe spa. And you're just 400m from Playa Chica beach.
- Barcelo Teguise Beach is a stylish contemporary property in Costa Teguise. Chic rooms, and minutes from both beach and nightlife.
- Smart and sophisticated accommodation is what you'll find at Villa Vik. Plus a lovely pool area, great food and those all important sea views.
- Lani's Suites De Luxe is a stunning modern hotel with just twenty five suites. The location is fabulous with direct access to the beach and there's an excellent gourmet restaurant.
Princesa Yaiza Suite Resort Hotel 385 rooms from $290Playa Blanca, Lanzarote
A deluxe seaside resort brimming with five-star quality. The elegant rooms exude simple style with contemporary furnishings and balconies overlooking the bay and gardens. With eight restaurants, an extensive spa, six outdoor pools and countless sports facilities, there is something for everyone.Families - With large rooms, a kids club, a playground, a spa, bar and games room, it's perfect for a family holiday to Lanzarote.Beach Life - Three minutes walk from the beach with access to snorkelling, diving, and swimming.Diving - The hotel can organise diving expeditions along the surrounding coastline.Views - Great views from hotel
Gran Meliá Salinas 270 rooms from $186Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
Grand-daddy of five-star resorts. Garden of Eden-like with its botanical garden courtyard and white sand beaches. Beautiful suites have private balconies and sea views. Eat well at the restaurant, catch sunset with a drink and enjoy the many water and land sports on offer.Active Holiday - The Social club has its own basketball, handball and volleyball courts, as well as access to mini golf.Total relaxation - Lounge by the pool, relax in the sauna or indulge in a full body massage.Swimming Pool - Large Lagoon Outdoor poolRestrictions on children - Recommended adults only.
Arrecife Gran Hotel & Spa 160 rooms from $162Arrecife, Lanzarote
A superb modern hotel on the seafront in Arrecife. The luxurious rooms are spacious and comfortable with many affording stunning seaside vistas. Head to the 17th floor for sumptuous Mediterranean cuisine and unparalleled sea views. Perfect for a relaxing break on the beach.Total relaxation - With a stunning seafront location, a deluxe spa, and phenomanal Canarian cuisine- it's perfect for a relaxing break.Views - Great views from hotelSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Spa
Eco Finca de Arrieta 12 rooms from $114Arrieta, Lanzarote
Relaxed family-friendly eco escape. One can either stay in the eco tower, an eco villa or one of the magnificent marble-floored yurts surrounded by mango, banana and lime groves. The plethora of activities and proximity to the beach make it ideal for families or groups.Families - The group accommodation and self-catering suites are ideal for families, plus playground and trampoline for the kids.Eco break - Eco-friendly destination, completely off the grid powered by wind turbines and solar panels.Beach Life - Just 300m from a golden sandy beachKayaking - A nearby watersports specialist offers sea kayak safari's, a totally new way to explore the coast.Recommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
Hesperia Lanzarote 335 rooms from $185Puerto Calero, Lanzarote
A luxury seaside hotel with an emphasis on sports and activities. The modern rooms are plush and spacious with many boasting stunning sea views. Boasting onsite water sport facilities, tennis, volleyball and squash courts, it's perfect for an action packed family holiday.Families - With a miniclub for children, lots of watersports facilities, mini golf, a playground and several pools its kiddie heaven!Great walks - Make the most of the lovely walking trails in the nearby Timanfaya National Park.Sights nearby - The hotel sits nine miles from the Campesino Monument.Kids Club - Fully staffed.
Aqua Suites from $286Puerto del Carmen,, Lanzarote
A stylish contemporary hotel on the seafront. Each suite is fitted with comfortable, modern furnishing and a private balcony with great ocean vistas. Recline by the lagoon pool or take a stroll down to the nearby beach. The spacious suites are great for a family holiday.Value chic - A cool contemporary beachside property, boasting spacious suites, half board and lovely lagoon pool at a reasonable price.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Romantic - Good for couples.Views - Great views from hotel
La Isla y El Mar 82 rooms from $325Puerto del Carmen, Lanzarote
La Isla y El Mar is a relaxing haven, exuding a serenity that is often missing from Lanzarote's big resort hotels. With plush suites, a deluxe spa, a cool pool bar and two restaurants, it's got a host of great services on offer. Perfect for peaceful, romantic break on the Atlantic.Romantic Break - With deluxe suites boasting outdoor jacuzzi's overlooking the Atlantic, it's ideal for a special getaway for two.Great walks - Make the most of the excellent walking trails in the Parque Nacional de Timanfaya.Views - Great views from hotelRomantic - Good for couples.
Barcelo Teguise Beach 305 rooms from $152Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
A stylish contemporary hotel, on the beach in Costa Teguise. The chic rooms feature minimalist furnishings and crisp white colour schemes. Relax on the nearby beach or for something more outgoing, take a windsurfing lesson. Adults only makes it perfect for a luxurious break away from the kids.Romantic Break - This adults only hotel sits minutes from the promenade, with its vibrant nightlife and boasts a pampering spa and restaurant.Restrictions on children - Adult only.Romantic - Good for couples.Private Hot Tub
Villa Vik 14 rooms from $251Arrecife, Playa del Cable, Lanzarote
Smart and sophisticated, resort with modern interiors and classical touches. Large comfortable suites come with private terrace overlooking the lovely pool area. Locally sourced produce can be seen on the menu, and delicious cocktails at the Terrace Bar. A popular spot for weddings and romantics.Total relaxation - Refresh and rejuvenate- with no kids allowed, in room massages and reiki sessions, poolside bar and luxorious suites.Romantic Break - The larger suites come with a private Jacuzzi on your terrace for moonlite dips.Sights nearby - Just 200m down the road is Playa del Cable, head down for some surf, sand and sun.Great walks - Walking around the volcanic peaks makes for an active afternoon.
Lani's Suites de Luxe 25 rooms from $513Lanzarote
A stunning modern hotel with a tranquil soothing atmosphere. The fashionable suites feature chic furnishings and bright white colour schemes and fantastic views out to sea. In the evening sample delicious Mediterranean cuisine right on the beachfront. A seaside oasis.Romantic Break - Brimming with style, the deluxe suites are perfect for a relaxing, romantic break in this chic adults only hotel.Great walks - Go walking in the stunning Montañas de Fuego Mountains.Restrictions on children - Adults only.Views - Great views from hotel