- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Best beach hotels on Menorca
The seas and beaches around Menorca are brochure-perfect: clear, blue water - in some places reminiscent of the Caribbean - and sands that are either golden and glistening, or powder-soft and white. And, as an island that has been encouraging sustainable tourism long before it became fashionable, many of the beaches are truly unspoilt. So, finding one of the best beach hotels on Menorca is not hard to do.
Es Grau beach, on the east coast, is safe and shallow and a good choice for snorkelling, paddle-boarding and kayaking. It’s also close to the S’Albufera des Grau nature reserve, a wetland area around a lake. Santo Tomás beach, a white-sand beach behind dunes, is particularly popular with families as it offers a playground as well as pedalos.
Banyul and Bellavista bays are where you’ll find local families at weekends while, for quieter beaches, try the north coast such as Pregonda near Es Mercedal. This long beach, flanked by pink rocks and dunes, takes a bit of effort to reach but you’ll be rewarded by clear, calm seas protected by the offshore islands. Another calm beach is Cala Macarella, near Alaior, on the south-west coast, a pretty cove of powder-soft, white sand backed by pine tree-clad hills.
As Menorca is generally overlooked by those looking for nightlife and music, the beaches on the island are quieter and less crowded than the other Balearic Islands. Our choice of Menorca’s best beach hotels ensures you a relaxed holiday.
Best value beach hotels
- Crisp and simple, Hostal La Palma offers excellent-value yet stylish rooms in the small fishing village of Fornells. Close to the beach and with kayaking, windsurfing, diving and sailing all on hand, this makes a great active-family choice.
- With views over Mahon harbour and an easy stroll to the beach, Son Granot is a converted villa offering traditional-style rooms, some with four-poster beds, and many with balconies.
- Also overlooking Mahon harbour, Barcelo Hamilton Menorca is a bright and modern, adults-only haven, with a small spa and hot-tubs as well as outdoor pools in case the stroll to the beach becomes too much.
- In the oldest part of Mahon, Casa Alberti is a traditional guesthouse offering six, simple, no-frills but comfortable rooms - including a family apartment - and lovely breakfasts in the peaceful courtyard.
Best mid-range beach hotels
- Off-the-beaten-track yet only a six-minute-walk from beaches, Finca Atalis is a peaceful, adults-only retreat in a former farmhouse. Rooms are light and contemporary and there’s a shared terrace plus pool.
- In the heart of Ciutadella, and walking distance to beaches, Hotel Tres Sants offers contemporary styling in a traditional building: tiled floors, vaulted ceilings, floaty muslins. There’s a rooftop terrace with stunning views, too.
- A 20-minute walk from the beach, Alcaufar Vell is a large, country mansion with 21 cool and airy rooms with terracotta-tiled floors and white-washed walls. Dine under olive trees on local produce, much grown on the estate.
- Also around 20 minutes from the beach, the agriturismo Biniatram offers both rooms and self-catering villas. With tiled floors and open-raftered ceilings, it provides plenty of authentic charm, as well as a lovely pool.
For a simple beach holiday with guaranteed sunshine and safe, clear seas, choose one of our pick of the best beach hotels on Menorca. Still undecided? Widen the net and check out all our Menorca recommendations or contact a friendly guru for advice.
Hostal La Palma 18 rooms from £31Fornells, Menorca
Located in the centre of the charming marina in a small fishing village, this hotel offers guests a private garden and swimming pool just minutes from the beach. With lots of good restaurants nearby and lots of sporting activities on offer, this is a great value getaway for all the family.Value chic - Simple yet stylish and well pricedSailing - Sailing company Wind Fornells nearbyDiving - Diving Center FornellsGreat walks - Albufera d'es Grau
Son Granot 8 rooms from £85Es Castell, Menorca
A strikingly noble manor house with views out to sea and surrounded by lush greenery. Romantic rooms and suites, all creamy in colour, have four poster beds and balconies. Excellent restaurant, pool, and hotel services (boat hire, riding etc). A great choice for a family holiday.Beach LifeViews - Great views over Mahon harbourSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolFour poster beds - For romantics.
Barcelo Hamilton Menorca 154 rooms from £79Mahon (Menorca)
An adults only hotel in the natural harbour of Mahon. Fantastic wellness facilities on offer with two outdoor swimming pools, a number of hydro hot tubs, a small spa and a fitness suite. Bedrooms are spacious with a contemporary, elegant feel. A relaxation resort with nearby bars and restaurants.Romantic Break - Chic and modern adults only accommodation with spa, hot tubs and poolsTotal relaxation - Spa, fine dining and easy beach accessSwimming Pool - Two outdoor swimming poolsRestrictions on children - Over 17s only
Casa Alberti 6 rooms from £79Mahón, Menorca
A lovely traditional guesthouse in the oldest part of Mahon. Rooms, suites and an apartment (sleeps 4) are simply decorated with white washed walls and large comfy beds. Charming breakfast courtyard and close to beaches and attractions. A great value choice for a family.Great walks - Good for walkers.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.TraditionalLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - CN Traveller
Finca Atalis 10 rooms from £123Es Migjorn Gran, Menorca
An adults only secluded retreat set in 75 acres of farmland with scenic views and an elegant swimming pool with sun terrace. Bedrooms are all air conditioned and some have private outside spaces. Local restaurants a short walk away. A quiet farm house for lazy relaxation.Great walks - Walk along beautiful beaches nearby or explore the finca's extensive grounds.Hideaway - In a beautiful off the beaten track location - truly away from the crowdsSwimming Pool - Large outdoor poolRestrictions on children - Adults only
Hotel Tres Sants 8 rooms from £132Ciutadella de Menorca
A gorgeous little hotel in the old town near the Cathedral. A traditional manor house with romantic rustic rooms. Pastel painted walls, four poster beds, floaty linens and private balconies with views over rooftops. Lovely breakfast room, library and hot tub. Full of character, excellent value.Value chicRomantic BreakSights nearby - In the heart of the Cuitadella's old town. Close to the Episcopal palace. Only 150m from the portViews - Great views across the city from the roof terraceRecommended by - I Escape
Alcaufar Vell 22 rooms from £125Sant Lluis, Menorca
Located just outside Sant Lluis and only 1.5km from the nearest beach, Alcaufar Vell has been created from an old stone mansion. Twenty one simple yet stylish rooms all with whirlpool baths. Dine under the olive trees on Mediterranean & Menorcan specialities.Restaurant - Superb restaurant serves Mediterranean cuisine with Menorcan specialities. Much of the produce is grown on the estate.Swimming Pool - Outdoor PoolFull of characterTraditional
Biniatram 8 rooms from £83Ciutadella de Menorca
Family owned agriturismo offering both B&B and self catering accommodation. Countryside location just a mile from the beach at Cala Morell and close to Ciutadella too. Simple clean rooms, plus lovely outdoor pool. The perfect place for a spot of authentic local charm.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolFull of characterTraditionalBack to Nature