- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
The best family hotels on Menorca
For a guaranteed sunshine, safe-swimming, away-from-the-raucous-crowds family holiday, Menorca takes some beating. The second-largest of the Balearic Islands - and much less brash and party-themed than its cousins, Ibiza and Mallorca - it is also easily reached from many UK airports in a friendly two to three hours’ flying time. Use our guide to the best family hotels on Menorca and start to plan your holiday with the children.
Beaches are a brochure-cliché - soft and white, or glistening and golden - while the seas all around the island are clear and safe, and ideal for active families who enjoy kayaking, paddle-boarding and snorkelling. Many of the beaches are geared for these activities, with equipment to hire; some beaches, such as Santa Tomás beach, even have children’s playgrounds. There are also plenty of diving schools, too, if you fancy trying your hand at that.
And when your children tire of the beach, the island has a small zoo, as well as the Los Delfines Aquacenter water park.
As with any popular holiday island, it pays to book ahead if you want to be sure of getting your pick of Menorca's family friendly places to stay.
In a town
- With views over Mahon harbour and an easy stroll to the beach, Son Granot is a converted villa offering traditional-style rooms, many with balconies. The family-friendly hotel has a pool and will also arrange activities such as boat hire and horse-riding.
- In the oldest part of Mahon, Casa Alberti is a traditional guesthouse offering six, simple, no-frills but comfortable rooms - including a family apartment - and lovely breakfasts in the peaceful courtyard.
Family beach hotels
- Crisp and simple, Hostal La Palma offers excellent-value yet stylish rooms in the small fishing village of Fornells. Close to the beach and with kayaking, windsurfing, diving and sailing all on hand, this makes a great active-family choice.
- Surrounded by olive groves and gardens, yet close to the beach, Sant Joan de Binissaida is a converted farmhouse with airy rooms mixing contemporary furnishings with original features. With a pool and plenty of activities nearby, children will be happy; the Michelin-starred restaurant will appeal to foodie parents.
Rural family hotels
- With bright, fresh rooms - including seven self-catering villas - the agriturismo Biniatram has the best of both worlds; surrounded by countryside yet only a mile from the beach, and with a pool, too. It’s a place which oozes authentic charm.
- Also in the countryside yet only around a mile from the beach, Alcaufar Vell is a large, country mansion with 21 cool and airy rooms with terracotta-tiled floors and white-washed walls. Family-run, it offers a relaxed retreat plus a pool and outdoor dining under olive trees.
- Son Triay Nou is a simple agriturismo in the heart of Menorca. There’s a choice of rooms or apartments in simple, traditional style, plus a large pool.
- A former farmhouse in extensive grounds, Binigaus Vell offers15 large and airy, contemporary-country rooms plus a stunning freeform pool. This hotel will suit active families with bikes to borrow, walks from the front door, tennis courts plus horse-riding and sailing easily arranged.
Whether your family wants plenty of distracting activities or is happy playing on the beach, our guide to the best family hotels on Menorca has the best options. Still undecided? Check out all our Menorca recommendations, or contact a friendly guru for advice.
Son Granot 8 rooms from $111Es Castell, Menorca
A strikingly noble manor house with views out to sea and surrounded by lush greenery. Romantic rooms and suites, all creamy in colour, have four poster beds and balconies. Excellent restaurant, pool, and hotel services (boat hire, riding etc). A great choice for a family holiday.Beach LifeViews - Great views over Mahon harbourSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolFour poster beds - For romantics.
Casa Alberti 6 rooms from $103Mahón, Menorca
A lovely traditional guesthouse in the oldest part of Mahon. Rooms, suites and an apartment (sleeps 4) are simply decorated with white washed walls and large comfy beds. Charming breakfast courtyard and close to beaches and attractions. A great value choice for a family.Great walks - Good for walkers.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.TraditionalLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - CN Traveller
Hostal La Palma 18 rooms from $40Fornells, Menorca
Located in the centre of the charming marina in a small fishing village, this hotel offers guests a private garden and swimming pool just minutes from the beach. With lots of good restaurants nearby and lots of sporting activities on offer, this is a great value getaway for all the family.Value chic - Simple yet stylish and well pricedSailing - Sailing company Wind Fornells nearbyDiving - Diving Center FornellsGreat walks - Albufera d'es Grau
Sant Joan de Binissaida 12 rooms from $163Es Castell, Menorca
Experience Mediterranean gourmet delights at this renovated farmhouse. Relax and unwind surrounded by olive groves and gardens, bask by the pool, and get involved with all the surrounding activities. A destination for foodies and families.Foodies - Delicate cuisine based on the great classics of Mediterranean gastronomy - fresh fish and organic vegetables from the garden.Restaurant - Michelin-star menu.FamiliesSwimming Pool - Outdoor Pool in GardensRecommended by - Tablet, Johansens
Biniatram 8 rooms from $109Ciutadella de Menorca
Family owned agriturismo offering both B&B and self catering accommodation. Countryside location just a mile from the beach at Cala Morell and close to Ciutadella too. Simple clean rooms, plus lovely outdoor pool. The perfect place for a spot of authentic local charm.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolFull of characterTraditionalBack to Nature
Alcaufar Vell 21 rooms from $162Sant Lluis, Menorca
Located just outside Sant Lluis and only 1.5km from the nearest beach, Alcaufar Vell has been created from an old stone mansion. Twenty one simple yet stylish rooms all with whirlpool baths. Dine under the olive trees on Mediterranean & Menorcan specialities.Restaurant - Superb restaurant serves Mediterranean cuisine with Menorcan specialities. Much of the produce is grown on the estate.Swimming Pool - Outdoor PoolFull of characterTraditional
Son Triay Nou 7 rooms from $87Ferrerias, Menorca
Family friendly authentic agriturismo in the centre of Menorca. Seven rooms and six apartments are simply and traditionally furnished. Ideal rural island getaway for groups or families with lovely poolSwimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolsTraditionalBack to Nature
Binigaus Vell 15 rooms from $137Menorca
This former farm house is walking distance from the amenities of town. The exterior is all white-washed walls whilst inside the rooms are decorated in a country style with terracotta floors. Breakfast and dinner are served whilst a packed lunch is available. Perfect for exploring the nearby beaches!Great walks - Cala Binigaus, Santo Tomas and San Adeodato beaches are a cross-country walk away. Walking maps are available from reception.Sights nearby - Nearby points of interest include Sant Agustí prehistoric settlement and the Cave of the DovesSailing - Boats can be arranged through the hotelSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - I Escape