- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
The best luxury hotels on Menorca
Although much less popular or brash than its neighbours, Mallorca and Ibiza, the island of Menorca offers equally lovely beaches, clear seas and guaranteed sunshine. Even outside the peak holiday season, it is warm enough for relaxing on the beach or enjoying walks along its coastal paths or, inland, along its many hiking trails. And if you are looking for somewhere soothing and comfortable to base your stay - perhaps with a private pool, a good restaurant, a choice of suites or maybe a spa - then our pick of the best luxury hotels on Menorca is the perfect place to start. Some of Menorca’s luxury hotels are close to beaches, others inland, while others are adults-only.
- In the old town of Ciutadella, Hotel Can Faustino offers stylish, minimalist rooms - some with balconies - in a 16th-century former castle. With a quiet and understated atmosphere, it’s a lovely place to relax - helped by a choice of indoor and outdoor pool, plus spa.
- The smart townhouse Jardi de ses Bruixes, with its sea-blue shutters and location close to the harbour of Mahon, offers elegant rooms (some with balconies) that mix contemporary with antique furnishings. There’s also a peaceful courtyard for breakfasts and, in the evenings, relaxing with a drink.
Adults only luxury hotels
- For an adults-only retreat, Ca Na Xini offers just eight, chic, white-on-white rooms in the surroundings of a traditional country house. With a stylish dining room, excellent wines - many aged in its own cellar - and a pretty pool you will feel private and pampered.
- Surrounded by rolling fields and plains, the former farmhouse and outbuildings of Torralbenc have been converted into light and sleek contemporary rooms, most with balconies or terraces, and some with private pools. There’s an elegant pool and an award-winning chef, too.
- Set in beautiful, flower-filled gardens, Hotel Rural Morvedra Nou offers 19 rustic-chic rooms spread throughout its grounds, many with private terraces. With a pool and nearby walks, and a beach, and the town of Ciutadella within striking distance, the hotel’s hideaway location offers the best of all worlds.
If you’re looking for a sunshine-island holiday, within easy reach of the UK, but away from the tourist hot-spots and with a comfortable, relaxing base in which to stay, the best luxury hotels on Menorca could well fit the bill. Alternatively you can widen the net and check out all our Menorca recomnebdations or contact a friendly guru for advice.
Hotel Can Faustino 24 rooms from $177Ciutadella
This 16th century former castle is low key luxury. Minimal and muted decors allow its rustic beauty and natural furnishings to do the talking with some rooms enjoying private balconies. Much of the fruit and vegetables are grown on site and produce is local. There are two pools and sumptuous spa.Diving - There are plenty of dive schools on the island and for the already certified try some of the more challenging cave dives.Sailing - 'Menorca en Barco' comes highly recommended for its group and private boat trips.Local markets - Good for local colour.Full of characterRecommended by - Tablet
Jardi de ses Bruixes 16 rooms from $137Menorca
This picture perfect teal and white fronted townhouse is as beautiful on the inside as it is on the out. Behind its traditional facade are chic, airy guest rooms with spacious bathrooms and wood-burning stoves. Mahón town, with plenty of sights and eateries, is a short walk.Sights nearby - Mao town's Santa Maria church and the Carmelite Convent and Church are walking distanceSailing - Head to the bustling harbour where daily boat trips departLocal markets - Mercado de Pescadoes for local produceFull of characterRecommended by - I Escape, Fodors
Ca Na Xini 8 rooms from $211Ferreries, Menorca
A romantic hideaway amidst lush countryside and vineyards, just 3km from the beach. A traditional country house with boutique contemporary interiors. Minimalist white washed rooms have lots of natural light and balconies. Lovely gardens, and swimming pool. Adults only retreat.LuxuryRomantic BreakSights nearby - Castle of Santa Àgueda, the 18th century Saint Bartholomew's church and a Neolithic settlement.Restrictions on children - Over 18s welcome.Recommended by - I Escape
Torralbenc 27 rooms from $189Alaior, Menorca
A collection of contemporary chic farmhouses surrounded by grass plains. Modern minimalist rooms and suites have all white everything, parquet floors, balconies, some have private pools, and all the mod cons. Award-winning chef, extensive spa, and relaxing vistas. Peace and tranquility.Views - Wonderful views over to the MediterraneanFoodies - Award-winning chef.LuxurySpa breaksRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, CN Traveller, I Escape
Hotel Rural Morvedra Nou 19 rooms from $217Ciutadella (Menorca)
A beautifully restored 17th century home set in luscious flower-filled gardens with swimming pool, just a short drive from Ciutadella. Rustic chic rooms with terracotta tiled floors, exposed stone walls and beamed ceilings. Comfy communal lounge areas and authentic Menorcan cuisine.Local exploring - A great base for exploring Ciutadella and the surrounding area.Hideaway - Off the beaten track location perfect for a holiday away from the crowdsViews - The property benefits from both country and sea views.Sailing - Enjoy a sailing trip from nearby Ciutadella