- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Spa hotels on Menorca
Often by-passed for its more popular neighbours - Mallorca and Ibiza - Menorca comes into its own for those looking for a more tranquil holiday island. But peaceful doesn’t mean behind-the-times. Many of the hotels are luxury standard and offer the extras - such as a spa - that discerning travellers expect. The best spa hotels on Menorca are spread around the island giving you a choice of town, beach or rural location.
Couple this with guaranteed sunshine - even out of season - safe seas that are perfect for snorkelling and kayaking, coastal walks and inland hiking trails, and you have the ideal combination for anyone looking for a wellbeing break.
But don't forget that this is always a busy spot in the peak summer months, so if you want to guarantee a room in one of Menorca's best spa hotels during July or August, you'll have to book well ahead.
For a hotel in town
- Overlooking Mahon harbour, Barcelo Hamilton Menorca offers city-style design with bright and modern rooms and a selection of slick features: hot-tubs on the roof, a choice of outdoor pools as well as a small spa and fitness suite. A stroll to the beach, it’s also an adults-only haven.
- In the old town of Ciutadella, Hotel Can Faustino offers stylish, minimalist rooms - some with balconies - in a 16th-century former castle. A stunning spa has been created on the lower floors, and there’s a choice of indoor and outdoor pools. With a quiet and understated atmosphere, it’s a lovely place to relax.
For a rural stay
- Surrounded by rolling fields and vineyards, the traditional farmhouse and outbuildings of Torralbenc have been converted into light and sleek contemporary rooms, most with balconies or terraces, and some with private pools. There’s a small spa using Natura Bissé products as well as an elegant pool and an award-winning chef.
- Order a spa treatment in your room at Sant Joan de Binissaida, a traditional farmhouse surrounded by olive groves and gardens, whose airy rooms mix contemporary furnishings with original features. Offering a choice of private pool or nearby beach for swimming, its Michelin-starred restaurant will also appeal to foodies.
For a relaxing island break, use our guide to spa hotels on Menorca. Still not sure? Expand your search to include all our recommendations on Menorca or the whole of the Balearics, or contact a friendly guru for advice.
Barcelo Hamilton Menorca 154 rooms from £79Mahon (Menorca)
An adults only hotel in the natural harbour of Mahon. Fantastic wellness facilities on offer with two outdoor swimming pools, a number of hydro hot tubs, a small spa and a fitness suite. Bedrooms are spacious with a contemporary, elegant feel. A relaxation resort with nearby bars and restaurants.Romantic Break - Chic and modern adults only accommodation with spa, hot tubs and poolsTotal relaxation - Spa, fine dining and easy beach accessSwimming Pool - Two outdoor swimming poolsRestrictions on children - Over 17s only
Hotel Can Faustino 24 rooms from £136Ciutadella
This 16th century former castle is low key luxury. Minimal and muted decors allow its rustic beauty and natural furnishings to do the talking with some rooms enjoying private balconies. Much of the fruit and vegetables are grown on site and produce is local. There are two pools and sumptuous spa.Diving - There are plenty of dive schools on the island and for the already certified try some of the more challenging cave dives.Sailing - 'Menorca en Barco' comes highly recommended for its group and private boat trips.Local markets - Good for local colour.Full of characterRecommended by - Tablet
Torralbenc 27 rooms from £145Alaior, Menorca
A collection of contemporary chic farmhouses surrounded by grass plains. Modern minimalist rooms and suites have all white everything, parquet floors, balconies, some have private pools, and all the mod cons. Award-winning chef, extensive spa, and relaxing vistas. Peace and tranquility.Views - Wonderful views over to the MediterraneanFoodies - Award-winning chef.LuxurySpa breaksRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, CN Traveller, I Escape
Sant Joan de Binissaida 12 rooms from £125Es Castell, Menorca
Experience Mediterranean gourmet delights at this renovated farmhouse. Relax and unwind surrounded by olive groves and gardens, bask by the pool, and get involved with all the surrounding activities. A destination for foodies and families.Foodies - Delicate cuisine based on the great classics of Mediterranean gastronomy - fresh fish and organic vegetables from the garden.Restaurant - Michelin-star menu.FamiliesSwimming Pool - Outdoor Pool in GardensRecommended by - Tablet, Johansens