- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
Best Contemporary Hotels in Palma de Mallorca
Palma de Mallorca is a friendly, seaside city with an impressive Gothic cathedral and a labyrinthine old town packed with interesting boutiques, cafes, bar and restaurants. But that’s not all, Palma has a vibrant contemporary arts and design scene, and the corresponding hotels to match. If that’s one of the reasons you’re visiting then you’ll need our Guru’s recommendations for the best contemporary hotels in Palma de Mallorca.
Palma has an impressive contemporary art gallery, the Es Baluard - built into the shell of its sea walls, a museum housing around 70 works by contemporary artist Juan March, and some fascinating smaller galleries. Plus plenty of interesting modern architecture in amongst the old stuff. And, like some of the best contemporary hotels in Palma de Mallorca, some of the most interesting modern design can be found within some of the exquisite old buildings.
The Best Contemporary Hotels in Palma de Mallorca
The hippest contemporary hotels in Palma de Mallorca
- The Hotel Convent de la Missió is a sublimely converted 17th Century convent in the heart of the old town. There are now 27 beautiful, white-on-white minimalist rooms and a Michelin starred restaurant - one of the hottest on the island.
- Hotel Tres is a super hip, minimalist hotel converted from a 16th Century building in the old town. There are 41 large rooms and suites - some with cathedral views, plus a spectacular rooftop terrace with a pool, sauna and panoramic views. There’s also lively courtyard bar.
- The Puro Hotel has been converted from an 18th Century palace, but the decor feels modern, and possibly even a bit urban, with contemporary art and leather furniture. There’s regularly a hip crowd in the bar enjoying the work of the DJs. The 51 rooms start from around £105 per night.
For a city break
- Palau sa Font is a boutique hotel converted from a wonderful 16th Century building in trendy La Lonja in Palma’s old town. There are 19 bright, airy rooms with handmade furniture, original contemporary art and Mediterranean style floors. There’s also a rooftop plunge pool and terrace with spectacular views.
For great value
- The Hotel Feliz is a cute, contemporary hotel overlooking the harbour. There are 44 rooms and suites with all the mod. cons. and private balconies. There’s a buzzing rooftop lounge serving great Mediterranean food and the room rate starts from around £70 per night.
- The OD Port Portals is just along the coast from Palma de Mallorca in Puerto Portals. It’s a stylish, modern, 63 room hotel decorated in a pale palette but with plenty of nice features - like big open plan bathrooms and private balconies. There’s also a lively bar and outdoor pool. Rooms start from around £95 per night.
- The Hospes Maricel is just along the coast from Palma in Carreta Andratx, in a secluded spot right on the shore of the Mediterranean. This beautiful hotel has 44 stylish rooms and a spectacular sun terrace, complete with an infinity pool which flows right over the sea.
For a beach break
- Portixol is a popular harbour side hotel with a lively restaurant and bar, a lovely pool and exceptional sea views. The 25 rooms have a chic, nautical feel and there’s an excellent spa. You’re also close to the action if you’re here for the nightlife.
- The small but romantically formed Boutique Hotel Calatrava is a sleek, six room hotel right on the beach front in central Palma. The decor is sophisticated in pastels, and there’s a lovely little cafe/ bistro with views over Palma Bay and the ocean.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the best contemporary hotels in Palma de Mallorca might be perfect for you?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Palma de Mallorca,
- consider the best beach hotels in Palma de Mallorca,
- or the best luxury hotels in Palma de Mallorca,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.