- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Save time, save money
Palma de Mallorca
Search the best hotels in Palma de Mallorca
About Palma de Mallorca
Our Palma de Mallorca collections:
- Best Beach Hotels in Palma de Mallorca
- Best Contemporary Hotels in Palma de Mallorca
- Best Family Hotels in Palma de Mallorca
- Best Luxury Hotels in Palma de Mallorca
- Best Value Hotels in Palma de Mallorca
The only real city in the Balearics, and a stunning one to boot, Palma de Mallorca has the cruise ship terminal and representatives from all the big hotel brands. But it also has dignity and character, which might surprise you if you're just expecting glitzy boutiques and tourist hotspots. At the heart of Palma stands its the wonderful old cathedral - reminding the throngs of workers and holiday makers of higher things, and of the fact that this city has existed since the 13th century. And in the narrow streets and alleys of the old town surrounding the cathedral you'll find many of Palma's charming and intimate boutique hotels - which our Gurus recommend as some of the best places to stay in Palma de Mallorca.
Palma de Mallorca has been a popular holiday destination since the 1950s. Early jet-setters flocked here for the wonderful Mediterranean combination of bright blue waters, great beaches and dramatic stretches of limestone coastline, plenty of sun, excellent cuisine and pretty local villages. To this list of Mediterranean pleasures Palma can add: historic sites dating back to the Roman era and several rows of elegant boulevards, lined with graceful mansions, many now converted into galleries, art studios, boutiques and restaurants.
These days the huge ships and ferries crowd to one end of Palma's great bay, in the centre are row upon row of dazzling yachts, and at the other end are the fishing crafts which supply the Mercat d'Olivar and the Mercat Santa Catalina with astonishing displays of fresh seafood.
You could easily spend weeks exploring Palma, and to really do the city justice you should at least book in for a few days.
What not to Miss
- Palma’s historic centre has the spectacular cathedral and the mighty Palau de l’Almundaina - which is still technically a royal residence, plus the Arab baths - which date from the 10th century, the impressive Bull Ring, Palau March the palace turned sculpture museum, the Museum of Spanish Contemporary Art with its Miros, Dalís and Picassos, and the Plaça del Mercat.
- Beyond that is the Pueblo Español architectural museum and the Castle de Bellver, which dates from the 14th century and is one of Spain’s most distinctive looking castles.
- Palma’s beaches are also unmissable,
- as is taking a stroll through the port area where you’ll find the bars and clubs, and Titos, the nightclub made famous by Frank Sinatra and Marlene Dietrich.
- If you’re travelling as a family you’ll also be interested in checking out Marineland and the Aqualand water park
Palma's not short on hotel choices and many of them are very good. The best places to stay in Palma de Mallorca are largely between split between the converted 'palaces', which tend to have rather heavy, traditional furnishings and sombre oils on the walls, and the newer 'design' hotels, many of which are owned by German or Scandinavians who've opted for a bare, minimalist style.
For Old-fashioned Charm
- The best place to stay in Palma de Mallorca to get close to its Roman history is the Palacio Ca Sa Galesa - its spa is a genuine Roman bath! Decorated with antiques, it also has its own modern art collection - including a Miro and a Calder.
- The Hotel Convent De La Missio is a converted convent offering sublime monastic serenity in a central location. And one of Mallorca’s hottest restaurants - which has a Michelin star. And white on white minimalist decor.
- For something historically Mallorcan, try Can Cera, a beautifully renovated and restored 12 room townhouse. The rooms are large and romantic and the suites have private balconies. The restaurant is fantastic and the views from the roof terrace are stunning. Rooms start from around £150 per night.
- The Hotel Born is a stylish, old world hotel in an historic, converted townhouse right in the heart of Palma. There are 36 spacious rooms and suites with high ceilings, antique furniture - including four-poster beds in some rooms, traditional art and a lovely courtyard. Good value for what it is.
- Once an antique shop in the heart of Palma’s Old Town, the Art Hotel Palma is a small hotel, but its 13 rooms are spacious. They have some very nice antiques still, and large windows and a peaceful inner courtyard where they serve breakfast.
- The Boutique Hotel Calatrava is a sleek and stylish hotel right on the beach in central Palma. There are just six suites and rooms in pastel shades, and a lovely cafe-bistro with beautiful sea views.
- Can Alomar is a luxurious boutique hotel converted from a former palace. You’re right in the thick of it, on top of some of Palma’s most exclusive shops and cafes, there’s a beautiful roof terrace with a plunge pool and plenty of luxury.
For Fun and Sunshine
- DJs at the bar, leather furniture, contemporary art and a stylish crowd make the Puro Hotel one of the best places to stay in Palma de Mallorca if you're looking for a party atmosphere.
- Ten minutes walk from town, harbour side Portixol has a large restaurant-side pool, music lounge, huge selection of magazines and papers and free bike hire, making this a great choice for families.
For Modern Luxury
- The Sant Francesc Hotel Singular is a 39 room hotel, beautifully converted from an elegant Spanish mansion. The rooms are simple but stylish and the communal areas are grand. There’s also a fabulous rooftop pool with panoramic views.
- Converted from a 16th Century palace into minimalist perfection, Hotel Très has large rooms and a rooftop pool and sauna with gorgeous view of the cathedral and ocean. The bar and courtyard are lively and the rooms are large and chic.
- The Hotel Convent de la Missio has built on the stylish, clean lines of the convent it was converted from. Adding a Japanese roof garden and gourmet restaurant.
- San Lorenzo is a small, friendly, adults only hotel with a chic Art Deco bar and a great location close to the cathedral and the Santa Catalina market. There are just nine rooms - most with terraces or balconies, and a delightful courtyard garden with a pool.
- Converted from a traditional stately home, the Posada Terra Santa has been converted into an elegant boutique hotel with 26 rooms and trendy interiors. You’re in the heart of Palma’s Old Town. And there’s an extensive spa and wellness centre.
For A City Break
- The Nakar Hotel is in a great position, right in the heart of Palma Port. And there’s a fantastic rooftop terrace, bar and pool from which to enjoy the incredible panoramic views. The decor is modern and comfortable and the 57 rooms start from around £100 per night.
- In the heart of the Old Town, close to some of Palma’s best nightlife, the Palau Sa Font is a 16th century conversion with 19 rooms and a spectacular roof terrace. The furniture is handmade and the art original and contemporary.
- The Hotel Cort is a new hotel with just 14 rooms. There are amazing views from the rooftop pool and bar and you’re just a short stroll from a strip of interesting boutiques, bars and restaurants. You’re also close to the beach.
- The Santa Clara Urban Hotel & Spa is a 20 room hotel in a great central spot. The decor is contemporary and elegant and there’s a fantastic rooftop sundeck with great city views.
For Great Value
- Hotel Feliz is cute, contemporary and overlooks the harbour. Most guests make good use of the scenic rooftop lounge and the good Mediterranean restaurant. There are 44 rooms starting from around £70 per night.
- The family who run Dalt Murada have owned the building for 300 years. So they know the story of each painting, Murano glass chandelier and piece of heavy furniture. And a lot about the rest of Palma too.
For an Apartment or Villa
- If you’d prefer to stay in a great value self-catering apartment, luxury penthouse or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner, booking.com.
- Son Sant Joan airport is Palma’s airport. It is only 8km from the city centre and is served by both low cost and national carriers from all over Europe.
- Cruise ships arrive at Port de Palma, which is just west of Palma, and you’re about eight hours from mainland Spain via ferry, and four hours from Ibiza.
- If you want to hire a car - which we highly recommend if you want to see some of the island’s other highlights - we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars.
- Palma de Mallorca’’s climate is typically Mediterranean, with hot, dry summers and mild winters. The sea off the coast is warmed sufficiently in summer to help keep Palma relatively warm during winter, so it really is an all-year-round destination. The shoulder months, April and May and October and November are the best months to visit if you’re planning a city break with a hint of the outdoors thrown in. It’s quieter, but the weather is still lovely. Palma’s extended summer is its busiest period, when a welcome sea breeze will help cool the evenings down - which you’ll welcome if you’re out and about late. June’s maximum average is 27°C, but in July and August it’s 31°C. September it’s 28°C.
Still not sure which to book?
- Browse our list of the best places to stay in Palma de Mallorca,
- expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Mallorca,
- or the hotels listed in our 10 best hotels near Palma article?
- or you could try the best places to stay in Deià, or Sóller,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Palma de Mallorca
Hotel Feliz 44 rooms from £70Palma de Mallorca
A cute contemporary hotel overlooking the harbour. Modern, but in an understated way. Rooms and suite with sophisticated furnishings and private balconies. Good Mediterranean food, lovely roof top lounge area, and excellent value.Views - Great views from hotelBeach LifeValue chicSights nearby - 10 mins by bus from the Old Town
Dalt Murada 23 rooms from £92Palma de Mallorca
A traditionally restored, family-run, mansion in the heart of the capital. Antique furniture, oil-paintings, tapestries and chandeliers set the tone. Large airy rooms and suites, sunny roof terrace with views and a leafy courtyard. A characterful property in a great location for exploring the city.City Style - A stunning 16th-century mansion, with antique furnishings, charming suites, lovely roofterrace and fragrant courtyard.Great walks - Walk along Paseo Dalt Murada, the old high walls alongside the cathedral.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby Cathedral and Almudaina Palace.Full of characterRecommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
StayCatalina Apartments from £92Palma de Mallorca (07013 Palma)
Charming self-catering apartment suites in the heart of the historic quarter. Each has a patio or terrace and decor is fresh, laid back and chic with whitewashed wood, tasteful art with splashes of blue or red, and rustic furniture. Well placed for exploring and ideal for families and couples alike!City Style - This is a great choice for guests interested in discovering new restaurants, visiting sights and enjoying city walksSights nearby - Head to Palma's magnificant La Seu Cathedral, the royal L'Almudaina Palace and the unusual circular Bellver CastleLocal markets - Wander around the buzzing Santa Catalina market, Palma's oldest and best market, which is just 100m awaySailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - I Escape
Puro Hotel 51 rooms from £109Palma de Mallorca
Puro represents the height of cosmopolitanism - and it's set in an 18th century palace. An urban chic destination with contemporary art, leather furniture, and earth-tone fabrics in a pure white setting. Its stylish crowd soaks up the beats of the DJs in the bar and restaurant.Retro/Vintage - Look cool, feel cool, meet cool - book here!City Style - A hotel to see and be seen in.ChicWellbeingRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Nakar Hotel 57 rooms from £116Palma de Mallorca (Mallorca)
Located in the heart of Palma, this property boasts a fabulous rooftop terrace with bar and pool with beautiful panoramic views. Bedrooms have been designed for the modern traveller with contemporary decor and the latest technology. Fantastic location with wonderful views.City Style - Stylish accommodation with far reaching viewsLocal exploring - Right in the heart of townGreat walks - Passeig d’es Born boulevardSights nearby - The stunning Palma Cathedral
Art Hotel Palma 13 rooms from £126Palma de Mallorca (Mallorca)
This charming hotel and former antique shop has spacious bedrooms with large windows and of course, plenty of antique furniture. Enjoy breakfasts in the peaceful inner patio courtyard or an appetiser before heading out for dinner. A comfortable and elegant refuge in the heart of Palma Old Town.Local exploring - Perfectly located for exploring Palma on footCity Style - Totally chic interiors in the heart of townLocal markets - Visit the daily local marketsSailing - Arrange a day sailing trip
Palau sa Font 19 rooms from £127Palma de Mallorca
16th century designer boutique hotel in Old Town, close to some of Palma's best nightlife. Bright airy rooms, handmade furniture, Mediterranean floors and original contemporary art. Rooftop terrace with spectacular views and plunge pool. An ideal base for exploring the city.Total relaxation - Peaceful and elegant rooms, a roof terrace offering sweeping views of the city and a refreshing plunge pool.City Style - A beautiful and chic design hotel in the heart of the trendy La Lonja area.Sights nearby - The hotel is within walking distance of Palma's impressive Cathedral.Views - City views from the rooftopRecommended by - I Escape, Fodors
Santa Clara Urban Hotel & Spa 20 rooms from £140Palma de Mallorca (Mallorca)
Upscale hotel with 17th-century origins tucked away in peaceful corner of Palma's historic centre. A fantastic rooftop terrace offers views over the city and beyond, plus there's a small basement spa. Bedrooms are decorated in contemporary styling, complementing exposed stone walls and wood-beams.Local exploring - Within walking distance of some of the town's top sightsKayaking - Explore secluded coves nearbySights nearby - Guided city routesFishing - Deep Sea Fishing
Boutique Hotel Calatrava 6 rooms from £144Palma de Mallorca
A sleek and stylish hotel on the beach front in central Palma de Mallorca. Sophisticated chic bedrooms and suites have pastel colours and sumptuous beds. Lovely little cafe-bistro with views out to sea. A romantic spot, well located, family friendly too.Views - Terrace has amazing views over Palma BayCity StyleRomantic BreakSights nearby - Located next to Palma's Parque del Mar and very close to the CathedralRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Hotel Cort 14 rooms from £145Palma de Mallorca (07001 Palma De Mallorca)
In the heart of Palma's charming old town, this stylish boutique hotel is just minutes stroll from numerous city centre attractions. It also provides the perfect spot for alfresco dining and a secluded rooftop terrace away from the crowds.Sights nearby - Palma Cathedral and the Almudaina Royal PalaceGreat walks - Explore the citySwimming Pool - Plunge poolQuirky - An experience!
Hotel Born 36 rooms from £145Palma de Mallorca
A stylish old world hotel in a converted historic townhouse. A quiet oasis right in the heart of the historic centre. Spacious rooms with high ceilings with antique furniture, four poster beds, traditional paintings and a lovely courtyard. Good value and close to many of Palma's best sights.Local exploring - Situated in a former palace in the heart of the historic centre and within walking distance of the beach.Sights nearby - Right in the heart of the city. Walking distance to Palma Cathedral and the Almudaina Royal Palace.Full of characterLocal markets - Good for local colour.
Can Cera 12 rooms from £145Palma de Mallorca
A historic townhouse renovated to Five Star luxury. Traditional elegant interiors boast antique furnishings, art works, and sophisticated style. Large romantic rooms and suites have private balconies. Fantastic restaurant and stunning views from the roof top terrace. Stylish, grown-up, luxurious.5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Views - Great views from hotelRomantic BreakCity StyleRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet
Hotel Tres 41 rooms from £149Palma de Mallorca
Swedish owned, minimalist and super hip hotel in converted 16th century buildings in the old town. Large, chic rooms and suites, some with cathedral views. Spectacular rooftop terrace with pool, sauna and panoramic views. Lively bar and courtyard scene. Ideal for city exploring.City Style - Totally chic interiors located in one of Palma's hippest areasSights nearby - A short walk to the impressive city Cathedral.Views - Great views from hotelLively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Small Luxury Hotels
Boutique Hotel Sant Jaume 36 rooms from £157Palma de Mallorca ((Baleares))
A five star boutique property in the centre of the historic city. Elegant rooms are spacious and luxurious with soft hues, indulgent bathrooms and the best have enormous private terraces. The Tomeu Amb Arrels restaurant is superb and spa utterly indulgent.Local exploring - A luxurious property based in the heart of the historic centre just steps from many of the main attractions.Sights nearby - The Palma Cathedral and Almudaina Palace are a must see.Swimming Pool - Indoor and outdoor poolRomantic - Good for couples.
San Lorenzo 9 rooms from £162Palma de Mallorca
Small, friendly, manor house, turned hotel in central Palma. The cool, simply decorated bedrooms boast elegant furnishings, terraces or balconies. Bask in the delightful courtyard garden with pool to boot. An intimate central retreat.City Style - A smart adult only hotel with chic Art Deco bar and leafy garden, just steps away from the Cathedral of Santa Maria of Palma.Great walks - Wander through the pretty winding alleyways of the Old Town.Local markets - Just a few minutes walk from Santa Catalina market.Swimming Pool - Small Outdoor Pool
Palacio Ca Sa Galesa 12 rooms from £166Palma de Mallorca
Quirky hotel in a prime Old Town location with some very fine artworks. Full of character, with old fashioned rooms filled with antique furniture and pretty stained glass. A sun terrace with a wonderful city view. The spa sits in genuine Roman baths. Well positioned, intimate, informal and romantic.Total relaxation - Unwind in style with the heated indoor pool, sauna, Roman baths, hot tub and extensive list of treatments and massages.City Style - A chic hotel in a 16th century building with fantastic rooftop terrace boasting epic views of the Cathedral.Great walks - Lovely hikes through the island start from just outside the city.Sights nearby - Just steps from the city Cathedral, a must see.Recommended by - I Escape
Sant Francesc Hotel Singular 39 rooms from £171Palma de Mallorca (Mallorca)
An elegant Spanish mansion that has been beautifully restored in a contemporary style. Simplistic, stylish guest rooms and grand communal areas - a fabulous rooftop swimming pool with sushi bar and panoramic views of the city. A luxurious 19th-century manor house hotel.City Style - Regarded by many as the most luxurious stay in townLocal exploring - Right in the centre of Palma with Catherdral viewsSailing - Organise a private sailing tripSights nearby - Palma CathedralRecommended by - I Escape, Small Luxury Hotels
Castillo Hotel Son Vida 164 rooms from £210Palma de Mallorca (Urbanizacion Son Vida)
13th-century palace turned luxury hotel, in the hills outside Palma. Elegant Spanish decor, spacious rooms and stunning views. Plenty to keep all entertained including spa, swimming pools, extensive grounds and a number of dining and bar options. The ideal choice for unwinding.Total relaxation - A tranquil oasis of clam, set in the hills above Palma, this elegant property made for lounging and indulgence.Sights nearby - The Bellver Castle or the imposing Cathedral La Seu are worth visiting.Full of characterKids Club - Fully staffed.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection
Sheraton Mallorca Arabella Golf Hotel 93 rooms from £224Palma de Mallorca (Urbanization Son Vida)
A resort with all the charm of a Spanish country house, in the hills outside Palma de Mallorca. Plenty of in house activities including swimming pools, restaurants and a lovely spa. Comfortable and spacious rooms and suites. Ideal for families and golfers.Families - A perfet family escape, with playground and kids club to keep the young ones happy and a spa and extensive bar for the parents.Active Holiday - Ideal for the active guest, with on site tennis courts, gym and bikes plus five world class golf courses in the area.Sights nearby - Close to the Bellver Castle or the imposing Cathedral La Seu.Swimming Pool - Stunning Outdoor and Indoor Pools
Posada Terra Santa 26 rooms from £232Palma de Mallorca (Mallorca)
Once a traditional stately home, Posada Terra Santa has now been converted into an elegant boutique hotel. Trendy modern interiors with a number of chic lounging areas. Bedrooms are refined and smart. The restaurant has relaxed dining under original Gothic stone arches. Fashionable city style.Spa breaks - Extensive spa and wellness centreCity Style - In the heart of Palma's Old TownSailing - Organise a sailing trip with the hotelSights nearby - Palma’s Old TownRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Portixol 25 rooms from £259Palma de Mallorca
Swedish owned popular harbour-side hotel with seaviews and a lovely pool - lively bar and restaurant. Chic, bright rooms with a nautical feel. Well placed for enjoying Palma's nightlife and sights but equally tempting to just stay and use the spa.City Style - A seafront property with luxury spa, a lively bar and easy access of the cities sights and nightlife.Foodies - Boasting one of Mallorca's most popular restaurants- specialising in seafood and cocktails.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolLively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - I Escape
Hotel Convent de la Missió 27 rooms from £270Palma de Mallorca
Sublime monastic serenity in a central location, this converted convent offers elegance and understated luxury in an historic building. White on white minimalistic rooms give an air of calm. It’s also home to the renowned Michelin star Simply Fosh restaurant. A spoiling stay.Foodies - Boasts one of Malloca's hottest restaurants, the innovative and always spectacular Simply Fosh, advance booking is a must.Writing a novel - A 17th century convent, turned uber trendy minimalist hotel, with plenty of natural light and an on site gallery.Great walks - Wander the winding lanes of the picturesque and busy old town.Sights nearby - Close to the impressive Le Seu Cathedral.Recommended by - I Escape, Mr & Mrs Smith
Can Alomar 16 rooms from £328Palma de Mallorca (Mallorca)
A luxury boutique hotel in a former palatial urban dwelling with a chic downtown apartment feel. Can Alomar offers guests sumptuous beds, large walk in wardrobes and beautifully tiled bathrooms. Enjoy the rooftop relaxation terrace with a small plunge pool and massage treatment area.City Style - Right in the thick of it - located above some of Palma's most exclusive shoppingRomantic Break - Fine dining and stylish suites make this an ideal spot for couplesLocal markets - Explore the daily markets nearbySailing - Organise a local sailing tour
Can Bordoy Grand House & Garden 24 rooms from £331Palma de Mallorca (07012 Palma)
Idyllic luxury hotel and spa in the the Old Quarter, with a lovely garden and outdoor pool. The nostalgic interiors featuring vintage furniture, faded colours and classic tiling give it a whimsical edge, and the equally elegant rooms have a plush boudoir style. The high-end cuisine seals the deal.Total relaxation - This tranquil urban oasis with leafy garden and a spa is ideal for a holiday dedicated to relaxation!Sights nearby - Head to Palma's magnificant La Seu Cathedral, the royal L'Almudaina Palace and the unusual circular Bellver CastleLocal markets - Definitely head to Santa Catalina and its buzzing food marketSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolRecommended by - Kiwi Collection