The Best Hotels in South Boston
Densley populated South Boston (aka Southie) is a popular location for a city break. Boasting both the Seaport District set on the harbour (lined by a very pleasant walkway) plus an inland district that mixes of historic and contemporary architecture. Move from hip Gastropub to old school diner to get a real sense of the old and new. Seaport District is a popular area with access to a new contemporary art museum and plenty of recently built restaurants and entertainment options. The best hotels in South Boston are as juxtaposed as the district, from historic converted buildings to sleek modern hotels (top tip: make sure you book a room with sea views). Our hotel experts have hand-selected their favourite options in the area chosen on their design, value for money, amenities, and service. So why not browse through our collection to start planning your next city break?
For contemporary design
- Yotel Boston may not have the same space as other harbour-side stays but the design makes the most of what they have. Cleverly-constructed cabins boast smart-beds, shower cubicles, sizeable desks and memory-foam mattresses. Complete with impressive facilities including a gym, a resident robot and in-room meditation videos - this is a very hip and an affordable choice.
- The Envoy Hotel is a trendy property in the bustling district of Seaport. Rooms are contemporary with floor to ceiling windows offering dramatic city or harbour views and large bathrooms with walk-in rain showers. Complete with a roof terrace bar and a popular restaurant, this is a modern choice in a convenient location.
For a boutique
- Residence Inn Boston Downtown Seaport is a beautifully converted former factory offering spacious rooms with trendy exposed brick walls mixed with contemporary decor. Each space has a kitchenette making this a great choice if you want to feel like a resident.
- Seaport Hotel is a has-it-all property from the heated indoor pool and city garden to the library and multiple dining options. Rooms are smart and contemporary and most offer superb harbour views. Well suited for both business and leisure.
Still not sure where to book?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Boston.
- Specify your search and look through the best hotel in Boston with a balcony or the best pet friendly hotels in Boston or the best hotels in Fenway-Kenmore.
- Widen your search to include all our recommendations in Massachusetts.
- Alternatively, feel free to call or email one of our gurus for advice.
Yotel Boston Boston (Waterfront) 326 rooms from £124Business meetings - Komyuniti is the hotel's fun co-working space, there is super fast wifi, numerous meeting rooms and cabins are designed for workShort break - A great base for a quick dash into the city for work or pleasure; everything is on-site including shoe-shining and dry cleaningSights nearby - Learn more about the city's history with a visit to Beaver II - the Boston Tea Party Ship - or Benjamin Franklin's birthplaceLively - Hip and happening.
The best things come in small packages; that definitely applies to this harbour-facing city hotel. 326 cleverly-designed cabins boast smart-beds, shower cubicles, sizeable desks and memory-foam mattresses. Impressive facilities include a gym, resident robot and in-room meditation videos. See More
The Envoy Hotel Boston (Waterfront) 136 rooms from £179City Style - The hotel is situated in the thriving Seaport district of Boston with hip bars, brewies, restaurants and historic toursRestaurant - Outlook kitchen offers delicious American/Boston fare and is one of the area's top restaurantsSailing - Go sailing for the day around the harbourViews - Fantastic views of the harbour
A trendy hotel in the district of Seaport. Rooms are contemporary with marigold curtains, floor-ceiling windows with dramatic city views and large bathrooms with rain walk-in showers. Enjoy a superb handcrafted cocktail on the year-round rooftop terrace followed by an incredible meal at Outlook. See More
Residence Inn Boston Downtown Seaport Boston (Waterfront) 120 rooms from £151Short break - Feel like a long-term resident even during a short stay due to incredibly well-equipped and designed home-style studiosLocal exploring - Boston's distinct Waterfront district offers museums, historic sites and architecture, waterfront trails and nightlifeBusiness meetings - The fab location means you're close to Boston's Financial District, Convention Center and Trade CentreGreat walks - Walk the 2.5-mile-long Freedom Trail through downtown Boston. Look out for the 16 significant locations it covers, some nearby
Former factory converted into a boutique-style hotel in the Waterfront district. Trendy exposed brick walls blend with classic and comfortable contemporary decor. In addition to breakfast, a snack bar & food store on-site, all rooms have kitchenettes, dining and living areas. Ideal for long-stays. See More
Seaport Hotel Boston (Waterfront) 428 rooms from £155Business meetings - The property has more event space than any in Boston; 42 venues and function spaces, 7 ballrooms, amphitheatre & exhibit hallFamilies - Children are well-looked after. Choose a gift from the Treasure Chest, there's a lending library & excellent facilitiesLocal exploring - The subway station adjacent to the hotel makes dipping into central Boston super easyGreat walks - Enjoy walking parts of the 43-mile Boston Harbour Walk, an urban trail through the city's waterfront neighbourhoods
Although renowned for business and events, this waterfront hotel is much more than that. Facilities such as a heated indoor pool, city garden, library & multiple dining options, plus warm service, make it appeal to all. 418 spacious rooms and suites feel corporate yet cosy with great views. See More