The 5 Best Hotels in Venice Beach California
Venice beach is one of LA's hippest neighbourhoods. There is, of course, some of the city's best streches of beach and a pretty network of canals that give the area its name. Beyond that, expect to find cool artsy shops, cafes, innovative restaurants, and a young and trendy crowd. The accommodation in the area very much reflect this scene with the best hotels in Venice Beach generally being independent boutiques or design-led stays with a youthful feel. For something a little smarter, luxury options lie around Marina del Ray and also benefit from lovely harbour views. So, if this vibrant area fits the bill for your next break, why not browse through our hotel experts' top picks to start planning your stay?
For a boutique
- The Rose is a chic minimilist option. Rooms are spacious and simply styled allowing for the beach views from the expansive windows to take centre stage. With a great Venice beach location, friendly staff, bikes on hand to cruise around, and mornings starting with fresh coffee and croissants - this is a no nonsense and stylish stay.
- Inn at Playa del Rey is an elegant boutique where the location is the real draw overlooking the waters of Marina del Rey and the Ballona Wetlands. Californian wine and hors d’oeuvres are served every afternoon and breakfasts are a gourmet affair. Pick this property for the laidback homely feel.
For a historic stay
- Venice Beach House is a nine-bed property set in a charming property listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Interiors have been freshened but original features remain and it still has a quaint and cosy feel (just with added modern luxuries). Set in sprawling gardens only a 3-minute walk from the beach. A unique option for LA.
For modern design
- The Kinney is a hip option featuring youthful design which includes bold colours, contemporary art, and clean lines. A pool, ping pong tables and terrace complete with fire-pits encourages socialising. A perfect base for the young and trendy.
- Ritz Carlton Marina del Rey is a waterfront resort with all the luxury trimmings. Rooms are contemporary with subtle coastal design and enormous bathrooms. Complete with a full-service spa, tennis courts, a farm-to-table restaurant, and a large pool - this is a good option for those who want to mostly stay on-site and take advantage of the facilities.
Still not sure which to book?
- Expand your search to include all of the best places to stay in California.
- Browse through the best places to stay in Los Angeles.
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
The Rose Hotel Santa Monica (Venice) 11 rooms from £125Fishing - Along Venice Broadway at the pier is a great opportunity to do some fishing.Great walks - Along the beach or through town.Surfing - Very popular here.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Tablet
In the Bohemian sector of LA in Venice, overlooking Venice beach. This chic, charming, contemporary boutique hotel offers comfort, location and is visually pleasing. Rooms are spacious, airy and minimal in decor. Fresh coffee and croissants for breakfast before a day on Venice Beach or exploring LA. See More
Venice Beach House Los Angeles (Venice Beach) 9 rooms from £168Local exploring - Perfectly situated for exploring L.A. in the heart of Venice's bohemian beach sceneBeach Life - Three minutes walk from the illustrious and world famous Venice BeachGreat walks - The hotel's great location offers the perfect opportunity for strolls along the boardwalk and forays up into the Hollywood hillsSights nearby - Venice Beach Boardwalk is minutes away, and the beach offers all the quintessential L.A. beach experiences on your doorstep
Location is everything at The Venice Beach House. L.A. life is on the doorstep of the 9 rooms, set in sprawling gardens, welcoming guests with cosy, modern and elegant styling with a nod to the establishment's 110 year history, all just 3 minutes away from the eponymous beach. See More
The Kinney Santa Monica (Venice Beach) 68 rooms from £179City Style - A hip hotel designed for the young and social.Lively - Hip and happening.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - Tablet
Ritz Carlton Marina del Rey Los Angeles 304 rooms from £240Families - The resort's pool, tennis courts and bike rentals can be enjoyed by the entire familyLocal exploring - The resort is perfectly situated for exploring Santa Monica, Venice Beach and WeHoGreat walks - Enjoy access to waterfront walking/jogging trails and catch a breathtaking sunset in Playa Vista, Playa del Rey or Santa MonicaSwimming Pool - Year-round waterfront heated outdoor salt-water pool that offers poolside dining and cabanasRecommended by - Kiwi Collection
An opulent family-friendly waterfront resort, in Marina del Rey. Rooms are modern and coastal with huge marble walk-in showers and private balconies. At Cast & Plow, enjoy the farm-to-table fare. With two tennis courts, a full-service spa, a year-round waterfront pool, guests are spoilt for choice. See More
Inn at Playa del Rey California 21 rooms from £190Birdwatching - The hotel overlooks the waters of Marina del Rey and the 600-acre Ballona Wetlands, a bird sanctuary.Sights nearby - Visit Getty Villa, Getty Center, LA County Art Museum and LA Museum of Contemporary Art.Views - Great views from hotelFour poster beds - For romantics.
A boutique hotel, overlooking the waters of Marina del Rey and the Ballona Wetlands. The decor is casual and effortlessly elegant, with a lavish twist. One feels totally pampered with a gourmet breakfast each morning, Californian wine and hors d’oeuvres every afternoon and yummy snacks all day. See More