The Best Hotels in Foggy Bottom
For those that want to be right in the thick of it, then picking a hotel in Foggy Bottom is a good choice. Stretching north from the National Mall, this is a governmental area but also the city's central hub. You'll find plenty to do nearby with options ranging from the National Symphony Orchestra and the Washington National Opera to the State Department. There is an excellent selection of restaurants in the neighbourhood, and if you want to explore the rest of the city Foggy Bottom metro is conveniently placed to get around. The best hotels in Foggy Bottom include landmark stays, such at the Watergate Hotel, through to very reasonably priced options. So, why not browse through our collection to start planning your next city break?
- Watergate Hotel is a stylish contemporary stay and somewhat of a centerpiece within the neighbourhood. Expect capacious rooms with designer furniture and epic city views. However, the wide range of amenities is the real lure including an impressive indoor pool, a chic whisky bar, a rooftop bar and French-American restaurant. A lively stay well suited to couples or those on business.
For great value
- Hotel Hive is a cool converted warehouse space. Chic design sees simple minimalist furniture set against exposed beams and brick. From spacious queens to bunk rooms there's a range of options meaning some come in at very reasonable rates. Located near Foggy Bottom metro, this is a great base for city exploring.
For traditional design
- Stepping into Hotel Lombardy is like walking into a European hotel. Downstairs are atmospheric living rooms packed with antiques and there's a French restaurant. While rooms are simply styled and comfortable. Well priced and located; just two blocks from the White House and numerous museums.
Still not sure which to book?
- Try this collection of famous hotels in Washington DC, our list of family hotels in Washington DC or checkout hotels in Washington DC near the Smithsonian or the best boutique hotels in Washington DC.
- Expand your search to include all hotels in Washington DC.
- Or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Hotel Hive Washington DC (Northwest) 83 rooms from £117Value chic - A chic property offering a variety of rooms from bunks to spacious queens - making this an affordable optionSights nearby - Lincoln Memorial, the White House and the Kennedy Center are all about a 10 minute walk awayRestaurant - Recommended.
An old converted warehouse offering a chic contemporary space with a central location. Rooms are simply styled with exposed brick whitewashed and beams left exposed. From spacious queens to bunk rooms there's a range of options meaning some come in at very reasonable rates. See More
The Watergate Hotel Washington DC 336 rooms from £372City Style - An uber slick hotel in the heart of the city.Sights nearby - Visit the oldest federal cultual institution in the states, the Library of Congress.Swimming Pool - 15m indoor heated pool with 3 lap lanes and a dedicated aerobics areaViews - Great views from hotel
A luxury hotel on the banks of the Potomac River. Smart rooms feature floor to ceiling windows, modern furniture, soft hues and plenty of space. Entertainment comes from the bevvy of food and beverage options with a whisky bar, rooftop bar and French-American restaurant. Fabulous. See More
Hotel Lombardy Washington DC 140 rooms from £117Sights nearby - The White House is only two blocks away.Short breakFull of characterRestaurant - Recommended.
Private residence turned European-style hotel in the hub of Washington DC. Modern rooms with Italian linens, classic bathrooms and all the mod-cons. French cuisine at Cafe Lombardy, while Venetian Bar and Lounge is a more casual affair. Gym and business facilities are on site. A lively spot. See More