Search the best hotels in Isla Mujeres
About Isla Mujeres
Abundant sunshine, long white sandy beaches and coral reefs where dolphins swim in a scintillating turquoise sea - Isla Mujeres is the place to be if you want to get-away-from-it-all and unwind. In our collection of the best places to stay in Isla Mujeres, we've highlighted a delicious range of contemporary boutiques and plush resorts which are all ideal for doing just that!
Before it was settled in 1850, Isla Mujeres was a Mayan sanctuary to the goddess Ixchel - the remains of which can be seen on the Punta Sur, along with a lighthouse and a turtle sanctuary. Lying 13km from Cancun, it is lined with beautiful beaches perfectly suited for sunbathing and beach volleyball, with aqaumarine waters as clear as glass. Under the water, there are plentiful coral reefs to explore by either snorkelling or scubadiving, as well as an underwater sculpture park! You can swim with white sharks, visit a turtle farm, take a boat out to the Isla Contoy National Park and explore the island by golf-cart - all the trappings of a laid-back holiday that is guaranteed to replenish your spirit-levels.
What not to miss
- Enjoy Scubadiving or snorkelling, exploring coral reefs and underwater sculptures.
- Take a boat out to the Isla Contoy National Park.
- Swim with white sharks and dolphins, and visit the turtle farm...
- Explore the ruined Mayan temple on the Punta Sur.
- Sunbathe on the beach - the Playa Norte is the best.
A beautiful, relaxing stay, Isla Mujeres is perfect for that romantic getaway you've been dreaming of. But if you want to guarantee a room in one of the best places to stay in Isla Mujeres during the peak holiday months, you'll need to book well ahead to avoid disappointment.
The best places to stay in Isla Mujeres
Chic seaside boutique
- Casa de Los Suenos is an intimate and indulgent resort. The charming rooms offer private balconies, dark wood furnishings and scatterings of handmade local crafts, cushions and blankets. Overlooking the turquoise waters is the excellent restaurant GRILL, where there is often music and dancing.
- Hotel Secreto is one of the only luxury boutique hotels on the island, a hidden gem with infinity pool overlooking its own private beach. The chic modern rooms boast floor to ceiling windows and original artworks. The new bar serves up dangerously good Margaritas.
- Zoetry Villa Rolandi is a grown up and relaxing, all inclusive resort, on the stunning Isla Mujeres. The elegant suites are comfortable and cool, with stone floors, marble finishing, white canopied beds and sea-views. The two restaurants serve top-notch organic food and the spa will leave you totally refreshed.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- The best time to go is between January and April, when the temperature averages at around 29 degrees celsius.
- Fly to Cancun, and get a ferry to Isla Mujeres. The journey takes 30 minutes.
- There are few cars on the island, so be sure to hire a golf-cart!
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in Quintana Roo
- or all the best places to stay on the Riviera Maya.
- Alternatively, contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Isla Mujeres
Best Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Casa de Los Suenos Q.R, Isla Mujeres 21 rooms from AU$213Romantic Break - Sip cocktails on your private balcony overlooking the sea, feast on Mexican cuisine by the pool and pamper yourselves in the spaBeach Life - A stunning beach retreat overlooking the ocean, with direct beach access and fantastic watersports facilites just next doorWatersports - Next door you will find Parque de los Sueños waterpark offering a range of activites from ziplining to kayakingHotel Entertainment - You can't beat grabbing a cocktail and settling in by the pool for an afternoon with a good bookRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
An intimate and indulgent resort on the tropical Isla Mujeres. The sweet rooms offer private balconies, dark wood furnishings and scatterings of handmade local crafts, cushions and blankets. Overlooking the turquoise waters is the excellent restaurant GRILL, where there is often music and dancing. See More
Hotel Secreto Isla Mujeres 12 rooms from AU$498Total relaxation - A sleepy tropical island with a laid back charm, spend your days sunbathing, swimming with dolphins or snorkelling the reefs.Sights nearby - The hotel can arrange scooter rentals and tours of the island.Swimming Pool - Infinity pool with spectacular sea views.Restaurant - Breakfast only.Recommended by - Fodors
Zoetry Villa Rolandi Isla Mujeres 35 rooms from AU$2073Romantic Break - A serene and romantic resort where guests are offered a twice weekly complimentary sunset sail on the hotels private yachtTotal relaxation - A peaceful retreat offering spectacular seaviews from private balconies, an excellent wine list and spa treatmentsFishing - For those interested in fishing the hotel offers fly and spin tackle fishing in Nichupte LagoonCooking classes - The hotel offers traditional Mexican cooking classesRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
A grown up and relaxing, all inclusive resort, on the stunning Isla Mujeres. The elegant suites are comfortable and cool, with stone floors, marble finishing, white canopied beds and sea-views. The two restaurants serve top-notch organic food and the spa will leave you totally refreshed. See More