Search the best hotels in Zihuatanejo
A laid-back fishing village bright with splashes of colour from muraled walls enclosing narrow dusty lanes, Zihuatanejo sits beside the blue Pacific Ocean, and is a true seaside paradise. The shoreline offers wide white sand beaches, where fishermen still meet to sell their catch-of-the-day, while the pretty cobbled town is charming to explore. Sleepy and quaint, the winding cobblestone streets are flanked by artisan studios, cute boutiques and restaurants hidden-away in back alleys, and further out, in the countryside, wild horses roam free and tropical birds of every colour flitter between the trees. With great beaches, a lovely historic downtown area and plenty of trendy surf-bars, street vendors, gourmet restaurants and watersports on offer, this is a holiday destination for everyone. Our collection of the best places to stay in Zihuatanejo include some luxury boutiques with enchanting views of the ocean.
What not to miss
- Enjoy sunbathing on Playa la Ropa, a white sand beach shaded by palm trees.
- Horseback ride with Ixtapa Tours Luis down the Playa Blanca, a charming near-deserted beach.
- Check out LOOT, part cafe, restaurant, art gallery and surf shop.
- Travel by jetski to Playa las Gatas, a deserted beach.
- Take a romantic walk along the waterfront sidewalk at sunset.
- Spot dolphins and turtles from the shoreline.
A sleepy, laid-back surf-town this is the ideal place for a romantic seaside getaway or a family holiday. Browse our collection of the best places to stay in Zihuatanejo to start planning your trip.
The Best Places to Stay in Zihuatanejo
- Viceroy Zihuatanejo is beach front classic boasting stunning views, excellent service and chic style. Individually designed suites feature muslin draped beds, enormous terraces and windows that perfectly frame the surrounds. A glorious spa is utterly spoiling and the restaurant lives up to expectations too. Fabulous.
- La Casa Que Canta is a luxury property sat atop a cliff with spectacular bay views. Comprising of 25 spacious suites, the best of which feature plunge pools. Spend days unwinding in the spa, practising yoga or exploring this quiet corner of Mexico. The ideal spot for lovers or those looking for utter tranquillity.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- The best time to go is between January and March, when the temperature sits between 20 and 30 degrees.
- Fly to Mexico City and get a change to Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo International Airport.
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in Guerrero
- or Mexico
- or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Zihuatanejo
Best Hotels in Zihuatanejo
Viceroy Zihuatanejo Zihuatanejo 70 rooms from AU$314Beach Life - A luxury property located right on the white sands of Mexico's longest beach.Romantic - Good for couples.Views - Great views from hotelSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Tablet
A beach front classic boasting stunning views, excellent service and chic style. Individually designed suites feature muslin draped beds, enormous terraces and windows that perfectly frame the surrounds. A glorious spa is utterly spoiling and the restaurant lives up to expectations too. Fabulous. See More
Amuleto Zihuatanejo (Playa la Ropa) 5 rooms from AU$345Beach Life - Set close to a range of beautiful sandy beaches, and with spectacular bay views, this hotel is perfect for a seaside retreatRomantic Break - Couples love the relaxed atmosphere at this boutique, adults-only bolt-hole; book a couples' massage for a romantic eveningFoodies - Foodies will swoon at the hotel's gourmet Mexican restaurant, bringing fine dining to ZihuatanehoSurfing - Conquer the waves with a surfing lesson; enquire at the hotel for local providers and board hire
This boutique bolt-hole overlooks the bay of Zihuatanejo in Mexico. Old-world Mexico meets a luxury finish in the custom interiors; suites feature traditional thatched roofs and open onto a terrace with a private plunge pool and beautiful sea views. Dine at the gourmet restaurant; a stylish getaway. See More
Thompson Zihuatanejo Zihuatanejo 56 rooms from AU$482Beach Life - Set on a beautiful white sand beach on the best stretch of the Mexican Pacific coast, book this hotel for a relaxing beach breakTotal relaxation - From the spectacular seafront location to the endless, thoughtful touches throughout the resort, expect total relaxation hereFoodies - With two restaurants under the supervision of celebrated Executive Chef Miguel Baltazar, this hotel is a hit with foodiesCooking classes - Join the hotel chef for a tour of the local markets, where he will help you select seafood for a personalised cooking class
This chic design hotel is nestled on the best swimming beach on the Mexican Pacific coast: Playa La Ropa. Guest villas offer airy rooms with Oaxacan clay light fixtures and contemporary Mexican artworks, shaded by coconut trees. Dine in one of two sophisticated restaurants after a day on the beach. See More
La Casa que Canta Zihuatanejo 25 rooms from AU$513Total relaxation - A tranquil coastal haven, well away from Mexico's mass tourism.Diving - Discover the underworld during a diving excursion.Sights nearby - Explore majestic Mayan ruins on a guided tour.Fishing - Deep-sea fishing tours can be organised.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels, Tablet
A luxury property sat atop a cliff with spectacular bay views. Comprising of 25 spacious suites, the best of which feature plunge pools. Spend days unwinding in the spa, practicing yoga or exploring this quiet corner of Mexico. The ideal spot for lovers or those looking for utter tranquility. See More
Cala de Mar Resort Zihuatanejo 54 rooms from AU$875Outdoor dining - Dine al fresco on sea-facing terraces or by the water's edge. Arrange a candle-lit dinner for your significant otherRomantic Break - Private pools, romantic sea views, waterfront dining & spoiling spa tick all the boxes for a couples' retreatOutstanding location - Surrounded by tropical forest & located between Sierra Madre Mountains & the Pacific OceanViews - Rooms, restaurant & pool all over incredible uninterrupted views of the Pacific Ocean
Luxury hideaway hotel with prime oceanfront location. A suite-only property, it boasts killer views from every angle, including plunge pools, outdoor dining spots & yoga deck. Impressive amenities & endless experiences are designed to melt your worries away & put you in the mood for romance. See More