Search the best hotels in Deal
Just 25 miles from France, historic Deal is a brilliant choice for a laid-back seaside escape on the striking Kentish coast. Accommodation options range from elegant seafront hotels to top-notch B&Bs, fit for a whole host of tastes and budgets. Whilst some of the best places to stay in Deal promise spectacular views, others are perfect for intimate couples looking to hide away in a lovely-restored townhouse near excellent eateries and museums.
Once a fishing and mining town, Deal also has long-standing military associations: it is close to the landing point of Julius Cesar in 55 BC, and the town was fortified by three 16th-century castles built to withstand possible invasion from across the Channel. The modern-day town is a wonderful fusion of heritage landmarks, gorgeous beaches, and a plethora of fabulous bars and restaurants.
Less well-known than nearby Margate or Ramsgate, Deal is a brilliant holiday choice for fun-loving families or relaxed couples looking to unwind and explore. Kids will adore spotting boats from the pier, or building sandcastles on the beach. Expect plenty of opportunities to swim, cycle, and stroll along picturesque coastal paths, as well as some great shopping — including fresh farmers’ markets — and cultural attractions. The Deal Maritime Museum is a highlight, as is the Astor Theatre. Time your trip for the Deal Music Festival to catch the town at its liveliest, with exciting events and entertainment in a whole array of venues. Play a round of golf, try some tennis — and don’t miss the chance to marvel at Deal Castle. Venture further afield to Dover to see Dover Castle, or for stunning coastal hikes along the chalk cliffs.
Charming and brimming with things to see and do, Deal is a fantastic base from which to discover Kent. The best places to stay in Deal have limited rooms, however, so book well in advance of avoid missing out!
The Best Places to Stay in Deal
For coastal chic
- The Royal Hotel is an elegant seafront choice, with 18 light, airy guestrooms decorated in pale blues and greys. Book a room with gorgeous views and a rolltop bath for the ultimate romantic indulgence, or pick one of the spacious family options if travelling with little ones. Illustrious past guests include Admiral Nelson and Lady Emma Hamilton. Downstairs, the chic restaurant features naval memorabilia and a superb seasonal menu. Classic coastal luxury.
For a cosy B&B
- Bear's Well B&B is a charming guesthouse just moments from the Deal Maritime Museum. The property's three bedrooms offer big cosy beds and soothing white-on-white decor, whilst there are delicious breakfasts served in the pretty dining room. A lovely, family-run Georgian townhouse for intimate hideaways.
For A HOLIDAY COTTAGE OR APARTMENT
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- International visitors should fly into Heathrow Airport or Gatwick Airport and take a taxi or drive from there. Those coming from London (including Heathrow) can also hop on the train from St Pancras for the 1 hour and 40 minute ride to Deal.
- If you would like to hire a car, we suggest that you contact our online partner Rentalcars.
- Visit in July or August for long days and pleasant temperatures, which reach a lovely 21°C. Alternatively, time your trip for the spring or autumn months to avoid the crowds!
STILL NOT SURE?
- Expand your search to explore all the best places to stay in Ramsgate.
- Alternatively, check out our pick of the best places to stay in Kent.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Deal
Best Hotels in Deal
Royal Hotel, Deal Deal 18 rooms from AU$160Romantic Break - A luxurious coastal property within easy access of London. Ideal for a romantic weekend away.Fishing - Try your hand at angling from the picturesque Deal Pier.Sights nearby - Visit Deal Castle built during the reign of Henry VIII.Romantic - Good for couples.
An elegant coastal hotel situated in Kent's historic town of Deal. Expect a well-crafted mix of traditional and contemporary styles throughout. A chic restaurant serves up locally inspired dishes and you'll find activity abound in the local area. Ideal for a weekend break. See More
Bear's Well B&B Deal 3 rooms from AU$205Great walks - Go walking at the nearby White Cliffs of Dover.Tennis - Play a game of tennis on the hotel's court.Sights nearby - Ten minutes walk from Deal Castle.Romantic - Good for couples.