Search the best hotels in Santa Rosa
About Santa Rosa
A small city by California's standards, but the wine country's largest, Santa Rosa is a laid-back destination and the perfect base for exploring the Sonoma county. Offering a good selection of museums, some excellent restaurants, beautiful hikes and a cool revitalised downtown area with a wide selection of shops. But if you're visiting for the beauty of the surrounding countryside some of the best places to stay in Santa Rosa are, in fact, just outside of the city itself, in the wine country.The city is also just 55 miles from San Francisco making it an ideal choice for an easy weekend break.
One of the city's most famed sons is Charles Schulz the creator of the cartoon Peanuts and there is a superb museum in his honour which includes original sketches of Snoopy and Charlie Brown. Another famous resident of the city was the horticulturist Luther Burbank and although his work is not as widely renowned as Peanuts it was pioneering within his field and therefore the Luther Burbank Home and Gardens is well worth a visit. To garner an understanding of the city's history a stroll around Railroad Square Historic District comes highly recommended. This was the original centre of Santa Rosa and the area has been preserved and has some fascinating architecture, vintage shops and eateries to try out.
There are a number of markets that have a great selection of local produce to sample including the Santa Rosa Original Certified Farmers Market and the Wednesday Night Market which also includes some bric-a-brac stalls and live music. For those who came here for outdoor pursuits, they will find plenty on offer. From wine and even cheese trails to the Annadel State Park and the Spring Lake Regional Park which offer miles of hiking and mountain biking paths as well as fishing opportunities.
An ideal destination for a short break,why not browse through our selection of the best places to stay in Santa Rosa to start planning your trip?
The best places to stay in Santa Rosa
- Hotel La Rose is an historic and charming hotel. Full of antiques and traditional furnishings with a variety of both modern and old-fashioned rooms. Located on historic Railroad Square, it is surrounded by unique shops and restaurants. Ideal for exploring the local Sonoma county.
- Vintners Inn lies in the heart of Sonoma Wine Country. This idyllic wine-loving boutique offers access to the diversity of both the coast and mountains. Modern rooms enjoy exposed beams, Romeo and Juliet balconies and views over the 92-acres. Feast your senses in John Ash & Co Restaurant or head to the bar to unwind.
For an apartment or holiday home
- If you’d prefer to book a self catering property then we recommend you visit our online partner, Booking.com.
- Fly directly to Charles M. Schulz Sonoma County Airport (STS) which is well serviced with national and international flights. Alternatively, fy to either San Francisco International (SFO) or Oakland International (OAK) and then drive to Santa Rosa.
- The best time to visit Santa Rosa is during the summer months June-August when the temperature ranges between 23-32 degrees celsius.
- If you would like the freedom of your own car we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure where to book?
- Expand your search to include San Francisco or Sacramento.
- Browse through our selection of the 10 best wine hotels in the Napa Valley.
- Search through all recommendations across California.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Santa Rosa
Hotel La Rose Santa Rosa Beach 49 rooms from AU$218Wine tasting - Enjoy wine tasting in over three hundred wineries in Sonoma County wine country - just a short drive awayLocal exploring - Visit museums, State Parks, wineries, Pacific coastline, unique shops and restaurants...Traditional - All guestrooms have marble and brass baths and feature period furnishings and dark wood decorFull of character - Old-fashioned rooms with floral patterns and large, plump beds for comfort
Vintners Inn Santa Rosa (California) 44 rooms from AU$367Private Hot TubOpulentFull of characterViews - Great views from hotel
In the Heart of Sonoma Wine Country rests this idyllic, wine-loving boutique with access to the diversity of both the coast and mountains. Modern rooms enjoy exposed beams, Romeo and Juliet balconies and views over the 92-acres. Feast your senses in John Ash & Co or head to the bar to unwind. See More