Search the best hotels in Sedona
Voted one of the most beautiful places in the United States, it is not hard to see what the draw is here, with craggy red rock formations making an unusual and spectacular outline against blue skies. Sedona is surrounded by 1.8 million acres of national forest land making this an alluring spot for adventure and outdoor enthusiasts. But there is more to this region than meets the eye. Long known to be a sacred area for Native Americans, Sedona continues to draw those interested in experiencing the vortex energy centres. Whatever the pull is the best hotels in Sedona are well-positioned to take in those epic views!
For adventure junkies, there is plenty to keep busy with here from hiking to mountain biking and even off-road jeep driving. Meanwhile, the town itself provides more sedate entertainment with over 40 galleries to choose from, numerous spas and of-late it has also become a popular destination for sampling wines from the well-regarded nearby vineyards.
For others, it is the alternative medicines and practices that entice them to this beautiful region. You can take a guided tour of the natural vortex areas before heading back to town for a crystal healing session or tarot card reading.
What not to miss:
- Go hiking. With over 100 trails to choose from, there is plenty to explore.
- Take a jeep tour as an alternative and adrenaline fuelled way of exploring the region.
- Visit one of the four primary vortexes each known to exude a different energy.
- Make a pilgrimage to the Chapel of the Holy Cross which protrudes spectacularly from the red cliffs.
- Sample wines along the Verde Valley Wine Trail.
- Rejuvenate in one of the town's many spas or choose a more spiritual path at one one of the alternative medicine centres.
An understandably popular spot, be sure to plan your trip well in advance in order to bag a room at one of the best places to stay in Sedona.
The best places to stay in Sedona
For a spa retreat
- Sedona Rouge Hotel & Spa is a luxury hotel and spa located in West Sedona. Guestrooms are cosy and inviting; book a luxury spa suite for an in-room soaking bathtub and rejuvenating toiletries. Make the most of the extensive spa facilities including steam rooms, hot tubs and swimming pool or book a couples' massage for a romantic evening in! A stylish spa getaway.
- Amara Resort & Spa is a secluded and peaceful resort, just two blocks from Uptown Sedona. The colour schemes and decor pay homage to the local landscape - native weaves and baskets hang on the walls and the headboards are carved from fallen trees. Feast on South West favourites (with a twist) and killer cocktails. The award winning spa offers a wide range of relaxing treatments including sacred stones massages, guided meditation and Native American inspired therapies.
- Enchantment Resort & Spa is a luxurious resort secluded in 70 acres. Large contemporary rooms and suites have private decks and fireplaces with unbelievable views of the gateway to Boynton Canyon. Imaginative menus and an extensive wine list welcome you at all four of the restaurants. The renowned Mii Amo Spa is reason alone to book....they offer a wide range of healing therapies for mind, body and spirit which are rooted in Native American traditions. In addition you'll find experts who can guide you on your fitness, sleep, diet and much more.
For a chic boutique
- A Sunset Chateau is a charming hotel nestled on a hillside with views over Sedona's famous red rocks. The stylish suites are individually dressed and feature fireplaces while the Royal Hacienda Suite has a private balcony with mountain views. A chic stay.
- El Portal is a luxury inn. Individually designed suites have hand-plastered walls, period features and artisan tilework; book a luxury suite for views of the Grand Canyon and a river-rock fireplace. Relax by the open hearth in the sitting room. A luxury Arts and Crafts hotel.
For rural charm
- Casa Sedona is a romantic inn nestled on an acre of Junipine forest. Guestrooms are cosy yet elegant and the suite has self-catering options. Dine at the intimate hotel restaurant; a quiet rural stay.
L'Auberge de Sedona resting within Oak Creek in Red Rock Country lies this superbly located hotel with pool and spa. Featuring large, modern rooms with fireplaces, designer bathrooms and all the mod-cons. L’Auberge Restaurant has a bountiful cellar to accompany the award winning French cuisine. Perfect for romantic breaks or family adventures.
For a holiday home or apartment
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, our online partner booking.com has plenty in the vicinity.
- Fly to Pheonix Airport which is roughly a 2-hour drive from Sedona. For those who can, Sedona has its own small airport that can accommodate private jets and small chartered planes.
- The best time to visit Sedona is March to May or September to November when the temperatures are warm (18 - 30 degrees celsius) but not too hot!
- If you would like the freedom of your own car we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure where to book?
- Expand your search to include Prescott or Tucson.
- Browse through all our recommendations across Arizona.
- Or contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Sedona
Sedona Rouge Hotel & Spa 104 rooms from AU$235Sedona (Arizona)
This luxury hotel and spa is located in Sedona, Arizona. Guestrooms are cosy and inviting, with carpeted floors, a fireplace and private patio; book a luxury suite in the spa for a sunken bathtub and rejuvenating toiletries. Book a couples' massage for a romantic evening in; a stylish spa getaway.Spa breaks - With an extensive spa onsite boasting first-class facilities, book this hotel for a unique red rock spa breakRomantic Break - Couples love the relaxed atmosphere at this stylish spa; book a couples' treatment for a romantic night inLocal exploring - Located in the centre of Sedona, this hotel offers easy access to the town's main attractionsSights nearby - Visit the Montezuma Castle National Monument, a set of preserved dwellings which were built and used by the Sinagua peopleRecommended by - Tablet
A Sunset Chateau 25 rooms from AU$235Sedona
This charming hotel is nestled on a hillside with views over Sedona's famous red rocks. The stylish suites are individually dressed and feature a fireplace, plush rugs and boutique furniture; book the Royal Hacienda Suite for a private balcony with mountain views. Unwind in the jacuzzi; a chic stay.Romantic Break - Couples love the stylish interiors at this hotel; book the luxury hacienda suite for Red Rock views from a private balconyActive Holiday - This hotel is close to lots of hiking trails, making it a great choice for active holidaymakersBack to Nature - Set on a hillside in Sedona, this hotel overlooks the best of the region's natural beautyGreat walks - Take the Airport Mesa trail and loop around Table Top Mountain through basalt boulders and red rocks to panoramic views
Casa Sedona 16 rooms from AU$264Sedona (Arizona)
This romantic inn is nestled on an acre of Junipine forest in Sedona, Arizona. The elegant guestrooms feature a cosy, private fireplace, balcony and luxury linens; book the Sol Vista Suite for a furnished patio and self-catering facilities. Dine at the intimate hotel restaurant; a quiet rural stay.Local exploring - Located 15 minutes' from the Red Rock State Park, there is plenty to explore local to this hotelRomantic Break - Couples love the cosy rooms at this hotel; book a luxury suite for self-catering facilitiesBack to Nature - Set on an acre of native forest, this hotel makes a unique retreat to natureGreat walks - Discover the cultural landscape of Sedona on a galleries walk; enquire at the hotel for the best route
Amara Resort & Spa 100 rooms from AU$286Sedona
A secluded and peaceful resort, just two blocks from uptown Sedona. The colour schemes and decor pay hommage to the local landscape- native weaves and baskets hang on the walls and the headboards are carved from fallen trees. Feast on South West favourites with a twist and killer cocktails.Total relaxation - A wonderfully reviving spa, plush rooms and views over the famed red rocks which are said to emanate rejuvenating energyViews - Great views from hotelRomantic - Good for couples.Barefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.Recommended by - Tablet
Enchantment Resort and Spa from AU$481Sedona (Arizona)
A luxurious resort secluded in 70 acres. Large contemporary rooms and suites have private decks and fireplaces with unbelievable views of the gateway to Boynton Canyon. Imaginative menus and an extensive wine list welcome you at all four of the restaurants. Activity and spa paradise.Sights nearby - In the area you MUST see the Grand Canyon and there are some fantastic tours to get on.Cooking classes - Cooking classes and demos are avaliable for all levels of cooks.Secluded setting - For escaping.OpulentRecommended by - Fodors
El Portal 12 rooms from AU$389Sedona (Arizona)
This luxury inn is located in Sedona, Arizona. The individually designed suites have hand-plastered walls, period features and artisan tilework; book a luxury suite for views of the Grand Canyon and a river-rock fireplace. Relax by the open hearth in the sitting room; a luxury Arts and Crafts hotel.Active Holiday - Within easy walking distance of Sedona's most famous hiking trail, this hotel is a great base for an active holidayRomantic Break - Couples love the cosy nooks and crannies at this Arts and Crafts hotel; book a luxury suite for Grand Canyon viewsLocal exploring - Located a stone's throw from Sedona's art district, this hotel is perfectly placed for local exploringGreat walks - Discover the cultural landscape of Sedona on a galleries walk; ask at the hotel for route details
L'Auberge de Sedona 88 rooms from AU$527Sedona (Arizona)
Resting within Oak Creek in Red Rock Country lies this prime located hotel with pool and spa. Large, modern rooms with fireplaces, designer bathrooms and all the mod-cons. L’Auberge Restaurant has a bountiful cellar to accompany the award winning French cuisine. Romantic break or family adventures.Views - Great views from hotelSights nearby - Do not miss the Grand Canyon - whether by jeep or train.Remote - Off the beaten track.Secluded setting - For escaping.