Search the best hotels in Dalyan
Dalyan’s sunshine and extraordinarily beautiful waterways have made it a darling of package tour operators looking for an alternative to Fethiye or Marmaris, but despite the influx of restaurants and bars, Dalyan retains a lot of its sleepy, rural charm. There are plenty of picturesque hotels and B&Bs close to Dalyan, just outside the town proper. However, for the best places to stay in Dalyan our Gurus recommend choosing a property overlooking the Daylan Delta and its beautiful lagoon.
Dalyan is wonderfully positioned between the pristine beauty of Lake Köycegiz, home to an impressive array of wildlife, and Iztuzu Beach, one of the best in Turkey, and a well-known turtle nesting ground. Between these two bodies of water, the lake and the Mediterranean, runs the Dalyan channel, through the estuary past the fine crystal sand of the Iztuzu sandbar.
As well as these exceptional natural assets, Dalyan also has a 9th Century city, Kaunos, carved into the area’s sheer rock cliffs. This city was originally a great port, but the old bay has now silted up and the city is about eight kilometres inland. The silting up of the port is why the city was abandoned and is now being gradually excavated, though there are plenty of exposed ruins including the splendid King’s Tombs cut into the cliffs. Kaunos's theatre is also well preserved and there is a lovely view from the top of the hill where the acropolis once stood.
Just remember that it's very busy here during the peak summer months. So if you want to guarantee a room in one of the best places to stay in Dalyan during July or August, get organised and book well ahead!
The best places to stay in Dalyan
For a view
- With breathtaking views over the Daylan Delta and its beautiful lagoon, Villa Gokbel is a wonderful eight room hideaway with rooms in stone and wood and packed with character. As well as enjoying beautiful views you’re also close to Iztuzu Beach.
For great value
- If you want to be in the heart of Dalyan, try the Happy Caretta Hotel a simple, family-run guesthouse with 14 rooms that offer superb value for money.
For a hideaway
- Away from the resorts and high rises, surrounded by tranquil countryside is the Kamarca House Hotel, a traditional wood and stone hideaway surrounded by lawn and pine trees. But there’s nothing traditional about the five rooms which have whirlpool baths, hand woven curtains and a wonderful mix of modern and antique furniture. Or about the kitchen where the owner and chef has installed all the latest kit in order to create wonderful Turkish Mediterranean fusion dishes.
For an apartment or villa
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a range of properties for exploring everything from the beach to the ruins.
- Fly to Dalaman Airport located only 28km (17 miles) from Dalyan. The airport caters to a range of both domestic and international destinations including many European cities.
- Alternatively, catch a ferry from Marmaris.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the wonderful natural assets of the area - for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - June to August typically provides the warmest weather and can also be amongst the driest months.
Still Not Sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Dalyan,
- Expand the search to include all our properties on the Turkish Aegean Coast,
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Dalyan
Best Hotels in Dalyan
Midas Pension Dalyan (Muğla) 10 rooms from CA$66Outstanding location - The combination of lakeside location within a nature reserve overlooking ancient rock temples makes this a very special placeBack to Nature - Located on the banks of a soothing river with stunning natural views makes this a great place to rest and rechargeLocal exploring - Located halfway between Iztuzu beach and Koyceyiz freshwater lake close to a range of historic cultural sitesEco break - A procteced species of turtle lay their eggs on nearby Iztuzu Beach
This small, charming owner-run B&B on the Dalyan River has a one-of-a-kind location. The jetty gives direct swimming access and overlooks 2500-year-old Carian rock temples. Rooms are simple but have everything you need and there is a restaurant on site. Nearby sites can be easily explored by boat. See More
Villa Gokbel Dalyan 8 rooms from CA$105Back to Nature - A tranquil retreat nestled in the naturally beautiful and protected area of Köycegiz-Dalyan with views of Lake Sulungur.Active Holiday - Ideal for the active guest with miles of walking and biking trails, swimming, fishing, windsurfing and rafting.Sights nearby - Visit the historical monuments of Lycian rock tombs and the ruins of the ancient city of Caunos.Local markets - Grab a bargain at one of the nearby Turkish Markets; Koycegiz, Fethiye, Marmaris or Dalyan.
Quirky hideaway with breathtaking views over the Dalyan Delta at bargain prices. Celestial views of the lagoon below, minutes from the superb Iztuzu beach (one of the best in Turkey). Characterful rooms with exposed stone walls and wooden ceilings. A great choice for local exploring. See More
Happy Caretta Hotel Dalyan 14 rooms from CA$108Value chic - A charming hotel offering simple comfortable rooms with fantastic views over the gardens and waterways, at a reasonable rate.Active Holiday - The natural landscape lends itself perfectly for outdoor activities such as hiking, biking and white water rafting.Sights nearby - Visit the Lycian Kings Tombs and the ruins in Kaunos, just a 15 minute boat ride from the hotel.Secluded setting - For escaping.
A laid back small hotel in a fantastic location. White washed rooms with splashes of colour coming from the Turkish rugs. Meals are served in the garden overlooking the Dalyan River. Within easy access of Daylan's sights and activities. Ideal for family holidays. See More
Aydos Club Dalyan (Muğla) 21 rooms from CA$95Local exploring - There are a range of sites on the doorstep: scenic islands and beaches, thermal baths, ancient ruins and a nature reserveSights nearby - Explore the stunning waters and beaches of Ekincik and Gocek 12 Islands by boat or visit Yuvarlak Cay Stream and Kaunos ruinsBirdwatching - Take an early morning birdwatching tour in the surrounding reserveViews - Great views from hotel
A small owner-run hotel located on the banks of the Dalyan River. The direct scenic riverside location makes the property very well suited to exploring the area's many natural and cultural sites by boat. Friendly staff are welcoming and there is a bar, restaurant and outdoor swimming pool. See More
Kamarca House Hotel Dalyan (Tepearasi) 5 rooms from CA$322Great walks - Head out for a wander through this scenic countryside, down to the coast or up the mountains.Sights nearby - Take a trip to the Lykia King Graves carved in to the rocks on a mountain.Sailing - The guesthouse can organise boatrips on the beautiful Dalyan Delta.Full of character
A charming country house, away from Dalyan’s resort strip but close enough to the fabulous beach. A homely hotel with stunning mountain views. Cosy stone walled rooms with beamed ceilings. The restaurant serves spectacular local cuisine. A laid backed hotel ideal for family holidays. See More