- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
Search the best hotels in Marmaris
Marmaris can be loud and busy, but it’s the quintessential Turkish beach resort, and if you’re looking for a beautiful harbour sitting underneath a hulk of a castle and bobbing with wooden yachts, then Marmaris is it. Some of the best places to stay in Marmaris offer wonderful views of the harbour. But if you’re looking for a relaxing break, which seems to be the preference of our Guru’s this time, then you’ll find that some of the best places to stay in Marmaris are actually slightly out of town.
What Not To Miss
- If you do want the full Marmaris experience then you’ll have to stroll the colourful promenade with huge palm trees lining the route.
- Take a gület cruise along the coast - possibly all the way to Fethiye,
- Visit the magnificent castle and its museum, and gaze down on the beautiful marina.
- Around the castle is Marmaris’s old town, which is where you’ll find the town’s oldest and most traditional buildings, and there’s also a bazaar - which sells everything.
- Sedir Island, in the Gulf of Gökova, is another beautiful spot, but this time with a collection of ancient Roman ruins, the highlight of which is an amphitheatre, in the shadow of olive groves. Sedir Island is also where you’ll find Cleopatra’s Beach, one of the only places in the Eastern Mediterranean with golden sand.
- Marmaris is also a great base for day trips to Dalyan Dalaman, Ephesus and Pamukkale. You can also get a ferry or hydrofoil across to Rhodes.
Just don't forget to plan well ahead if you're going to visit during July or August. The best places to stay in Marmaris get booked up well in advance!
- The Golden Key Bordubet is surrounded by wetlands and forests home to many birds. There are 22 light, modern, country-style rooms with balconies overlooking the river or the forest. There’s a restaurant on site, plus a bar, pool, tennis courts and a spa.
For a luxury resort
- D Hotel Maris is a large, luxurious resort hotel set among pine forests, right above the Crystal clear waters of the Agean on the spectacular Datcha peninsula, 35 minutes from Marmaris. This is a chic spot, with a superb spa, six restaurants, five private beaches and an excellent collection of sports and watersports facilities.
The Best Value Places to Stay in Marmaris
- Karia Bel is a 12 room property with unique decor - think refurbished antiques, local art, curios and pops of colour. Each of the rooms has a large balcony with views of the sea and there’s a great seafood menu. Rooms start from around £115 per night and families with older children are welcome.
For an apartment
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday, don't hesitate to visit our online partner, Booking.com for a range of properties in the town and on the coast.
- Fly to Dalaman Airport located 95km (59 miles) from Marmaris. The airport serves a range of domestic and International destinations including Europe.
- Alternatively, catch a ferry to Marmaris with connections to Rhodes.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the town and coast - for prices visit our online partner, Holiday Autos.
- Best time to visit - the summer months of July and August provide the warmest weather, along with low levels of rainfall and warm sea temperatures.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Marmaris for you?
Best Hotels in Marmaris
Karia Bel 12 rooms from $149Marmaris
A uniquely decorated boutique property that incorporates natural tones and materials with pop colours, prints, refurbished antique furniture and local artwork and curios. Rooms have large balconies with sea views. The menu is local and fish based with specialities such as octopus stew and seabass.Sailing - Take a boat trip, the sunset cruises are particularly popular, to some of the neighbouring bays.Restrictions on children - Children over the age of 12 years of age are accepted.Great walks - Embark on one of the hotel's guided nature walks.Kayaking - Hotel staff can arrange kayak rentals.
Golden Key Bordubet 22 rooms from $240PK 215 Marmaris
Known as 'Bird the bed' by the English soldiers who hid here during the war, owing to the abundance of birdlife. Modern, light, country style rooms have balconies overlooking the forest or river. There are many activities, a restaurant on site and on the beach, a bar, pool, tennis courts and a spa.Back to Nature - Thought of as a miniture 'Amazon Forest' this property combines the best of woodland and sea with an adundance of wildlife.Birdwatching - A bird lovers paradise - there are rock doves, goldfinches, nightingales, sparrow hawks and much more.Fishing - The stream running through the hotel grounds brims with fish to be caught for supper!Secluded setting - For escaping.
D Hotel Maris 200 rooms from $354Marmaris, Turkish Aegean Coast
A fabulous hotel set on the cliff top and surrounded by national parkland. Stunning sea views, beautiful rooms and suites, hotel yachts to charter, water sports galore, and five private beaches. The ideal choice for a luxury beach holiday.Views - Spectacular sea viewsWatersports - Private beaches.5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Total relaxationRecommended by - CN Traveller