Search the best hotels in Marmaris
Marmaris can be loud and busy, but it’s also a quintessential Turkish beach resort. If you are looking for a beautiful harbour sitting underneath a hulk of a castle and bobbing with wooden yachts, then Marmaris is it. However, it is hardly ‘undiscovered’. So, picking your accommodation is key to having a good time here. The best places to stay in Marmaris are either something a little outside of the town itself in the pretty countryside or otherwise a hotel right on the coast. The good news though is that there’s a wide range of properties to suit all tastes and budgets.
For the full Marmaris experience then a stroll through the colourful promenade with its huge palm trees lining the route is a must. As is a gület cruise along the coast and a stop in the magnificent castle and museum.
Beyond the town itself, Sedir Island, in the Gulf of Gökova, is easily accessible and is a beautiful spot scattered with a collection of ancient Roman ruins, the highlight of which is an amphitheatre in the shadow of olive groves. Sedir Island is also where you’ll find Cleopatra’s Beach, one of the only places in the Eastern Mediterranean with golden sand.
Don't forget to plan well ahead if you're going to visit during July or August. The best places to stay in Marmaris get booked up well in advance!
The Best Places to Stay in Marmaris
- The Golden Key Bordubet is surrounded by wetlands and forests which are home to many birds. There are 22 light, modern, country-style rooms with balconies overlooking the river or the forest. There’s a restaurant on site, plus a bar, pool, tennis courts and a spa.
For a luxury resort
- D Hotel Maris is a large, luxurious resort hotel set among pine forests, right above the Crystal clear waters of the Agean on the spectacular Datcha peninsula, 35 minutes from Marmaris. This is a chic spot with a superb spa, six restaurants, five private beaches and an excellent collection of sports and watersports facilities.
For Best Value
- The Dionysos Village Hotel is situated on a hillside overlooking Kumlubuk Bay. Its 43 rooms are spread amongst traditional villas, though each has smart modern interiors. Plus there's an infinity pool with a view, tennis court, yoga platform and two restaurants serving delicious Turkish cuisine. Plus with great prices, this truly is affordable luxury.
For an apartment or villa
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a range of properties in the town and on the coast.
- Fly to Dalaman Airport located 95km (59 miles) from Marmaris. The airport serves a range of domestic and international destinations including Europe.
- Alternatively, catch a ferry to Marmaris with connections from Rhodes.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the town and coast - for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- Best time to visit? The summer months of July and August provide the warmest weather (though they are also the busiest months), along with low levels of rainfall and warm sea temperatures. But you can also enjoy great weather here without the crowds in the shoulder seasons (May and June and Septempter to October).
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Marmaris
Dionysos Village Hotel Kumlubuk Marmaris 43 rooms from £69Foodies - Foodies will love the hotel's fine dining Turkish restaurant; book the farm dinner for a special dining experienceCountry Escape - Sitting on a canyon on the verdant Bozburun Peninsula, this hotel makes a unique escape to the countryRomantic Break - Couples love the relaxed atmosphere at this chic, adults-only resort and spaKayaking - Take a half day trip with the hotel from Turunç to Kumlubük via Baklabükü on an easy paddling Dagger Blackwater two person kayak
This resort overlooks the Bay of Kumlubük on the beautiful Bozburun Peninsula. Rooms are spread across traditional villas and have modern interiors with local artisanal pieces; book the private villa for a pool and terrace. Dine at the Turkish restaurant after a dip in the pool; a charming resort. See More
Golden Key Bordubet PK 215 Marmaris 22 rooms from £182Back to Nature - Thought of as a miniture 'Amazon Forest' this property combines the best of woodland and sea with an adundance of wildlife.Birdwatching - A bird lovers paradise - there are rock doves, goldfinches, nightingales, sparrow hawks and much more.Fishing - The stream running through the hotel grounds brims with fish to be caught for supper!Secluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
Known as 'Bird the bed' by the English soldiers who hid here during the war, owing to the abundance of birdlife. Modern, light, country style rooms have balconies overlooking the forest or river. There are many activities, a restaurant on site and on the beach, a bar, pool, tennis courts and a spa. See More
D Hotel Maris Marmaris, Turkish Aegean Coast 200 rooms from £269Views - Spectacular sea viewsWatersports - Private beaches.5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Total relaxationRecommended by - CN Traveller