Search the best hotels in Woodstock
Just eight miles from Oxford's spires and even closer to Blenheim Palace, stately birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill, Woodstock is often considered just a convenient stop, but it is a very attractive town in its own right. The best places to stay in Woodstock make ideal bases for exploring the immediate surroundings and venturing further afield to the Cotswolds.
Blenheim Palace was built on a site previously home to Woodstock Palace which was popular with several medieval English kings. Its incarnation as an Italo-Corinthian extravaganza was a gift to the Duke of Marlborough, John Churchill, who defeated the French and Bavarians at Blenheim.
Woodstock also has several notable churches and houses the Oxfordshire Museum in one of its historic houses. Some other historic houses are now some of the best places to stay in Woodstock.
What not to miss:
- Visit the impressive Blenheim Palace and the beautifully manicured gardens.
- Stop by the Oxfordshire Museum and learn about the fascinating history of the area.
- Get out of town and explore the scenic walking trails in the surrounding countryside.
So to secure your booking in one of the best places to stay in Woodstock do plan ahead and book early.
For a charming stay
The Feathers is a historic 26 room hotel with an award winning restaurant and extensive gin bar. Each of the 21 rooms and five suites has colourful accents and there's a charming garden and courtyard.
For an apartment
- If you've decided that a self catering property would be more suitable for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner Booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- Fly to either Heathrow, Gatwick, Luton or Birmingham.which all have good connections to Oxford. By train, Oxford provides the principal connections to and from London (Paddington), Bournemouth, Hereford and Worcester, Birmingham, Manchester and further north.
- Best time to visit - Woodstock is a year-round destination with each season offering its own charm, however for the best chance at warm bright days visit during the summer months (May - August).
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars for the best prices.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Woodstock
The Killingworth Castle 10 rooms from CA$186Woodstock (Oxfordshire)
A fabulous country pub in the picturesque Cotswolds. Charming rooms are simply dressed and traditional in style. A buzzy restaurant and bar feels like a community spot with friendly staff, fantastic ales, homemade beer and hearty pub fare.Country Escape - Charming, cosy and offering fabulous food all set in the picturesque Cotswolds.Sights nearby - Visit Blenheim Palace the birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill and now a world class UNESCO World Heritage Site.Great walks - Take long rambles through the quintessentially British countryside of the Cotswolds.Cooking classes - Sign up for a cookery class at the fantastic Daylesford Cookery School.Recommended by - Sawdays
The Crown Inn 5 rooms from CA$253Woodstock
Located in Woodstock, The Crown Inn is set in an historic 18th century property. The rooms are gorgeously decorated - featuring boutique furnishings and en-suites. Tuck into lovely meals at the downstairs restaurant. A terrific retreat which is ideal for couples.Local exploring - Spend your days exploring the quaint town of WoodstockSights nearby - Blenheim Palace, Churchill's family home, is an absolute must-visit!Great walks - Wander around Oxford taking in all the magnificent architectureRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - I Escape
The Glove House 3 rooms from CA$287Woodstock
A pretty Georgian townhouse, a former glove workshop, in the heart of the picturesque town of Woodstock. Housing just three spacious and immaculately designed rooms. The best has a free standing copper bath. Indulgent breakfasts are served and there's a beautiful wood panelled lounge to unwind in.Local exploring - Perfectly located with easy access to Oxford and the Cotswolds.Restrictions on children - Children can be accommodated if both rooms are booked together.Great walks - Take long walks through the pristine Cotswolds countryside.Sights nearby - Stroll down to the World Heritage Site of Blenheim Palace.Recommended by - Sawdays