Search the best hotels in The Cotswolds
About The Cotswolds
The gently rolling green hills and postcard-perfect villages with honey coloured stone mansions, ancient churches and thatched cottages make the Cotswolds one of the most quintessentially English of all the UK's regions. And thus, a hugely attractive area for visitors seeking ye olde world English charm. The popularity of this beautiful region makes it, unfortunately, one of the places in the UK you're most likely to be overcharged for accommodation. But our list of the best places to stay in the Cotswolds should help protect you! We've a wide range of recommendations from cheap and cheerful pubs with rooms to top notch luxury spa hotels.
Some of our Cotswolds collections:
- 12 of the Most Romantic Hotels in the Cotswolds
- The 10 Best Hotels with Hot Tubs in the Cotswolds
- 12 of the Best Pubs with Rooms in the Cotswolds
- The 10 Best Country House Hotels in the Cotswolds
- The Best Places to stay in Burford
- The Best Places to Stay in Chipping Campden
- The Best Places to Stay in Stow-on-the-Wold
What not to Miss
- If you've ever fancied a snack mid-afternoon, the Cotswolds is for you - cream teas and proper afternoon teas are big here. Likewise if you like your landscape neat, your beams exposed and your pubs and inns rustic and friendly. Plus the popularity of the area with visitors has significantly increased the number of book, art and antiques boutiques.
- With all this farmland, the Cotswolds hosts a myriad of farmer's markets, so this is a great destination for foodies. All of these beautiful villages, historic towns and stately homes are within easy striking distance of London - and other major centres.
- The beautiful country houses were mostly built during the Middle Ages when the Cotswolds grew wealthy off the back of the wool trade with the continent. Which is why, as well as building beautiful homes, much money was spent furnishing the region with exquisite churches.
- Some of the Cotswold's best known towns are Burford, Stow-on-the-Wold, Chipping Norton, Cirencester and Broadway. If you're at all interested in art and design, you might like to visit Chipping Campden, the birthplace of the Arts and Crafts movement founded by William Morris at the end of the 19th Century.
- If you prefer to stay in a larger town and drive out to the rural surrounds, we suggest you book a room in Cheltenham, a regency beauty with stylish shops and restaurants and festivals galore from jazz to horse racing.
- Bill Bryson says you can't do the Cotswolds without a car. But he's not totally right, you can do a lot of it on foot, along the gently rolling hills and valleys that make up The Cotswolds Way.
As you'd expect with such a popular destination, the best places to stay in the Cotswolds are in high demand year round. So be prepared! Plan ahead and book early. Or if you can't do that, then plan a trip midweek when you're more likely to bag the right place to stay!
The Best Places to Stay in the Cotswolds
The Best Places to Stay in the Cotswolds for a Luxury Break
- Calcot Manor Hotel is one of the best examples in the country of a genuinely family-friendly hotel that also works for couples. Set on an estate, the former farmhouse with a courtyard of lime trees and old barns, is praised for the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. There are comfortable bedrooms, an indoor pool and an outdoor hot tub next to a roaring fire.
- The name makes it sound a bit gimmicky, but the Lords of the Manor Hotel is actually an elegant and understated affair in honey coloured stone surrounded by beautiful gardens and parkland. There is a Michelin starred restaurant and excellent fishing nearby.
- If you're looking for a spa escape, then the newly refurbished Dormy House is a good choice. The decor is traditional with oak beams, wood panelling and open fires, but they also lay on every modern convenience A great place for a proper pampering.
The Best Places to Stay in the Cotswolds for a complete escape
- Barnsley House is the sister property to Calcot Manor and has all the same hallmarks and attention to detail, elegant interiors and helpful staff. Once the home of famous garden designer Rosemary Verey, the grounds are a sight to behold. Add to this some great food and a spoiling spa and you have the perfect ingredients for a country escape.
- The Five Alls at Filkins is a glorious country pub acclaimed for its food, beautiful gardens and cosy, rustic rooms. Very popular with walkers.
- The New Inn at Coln is a 17th Century coaching inn with modern, comfortable interiors, an award winning restaurant, roaring fire and a selection of Gloucestershire's best ales. Perfect for a romantic escape.
The Best Places to Stay in the Cotswolds for explorers
- Lower Slaughter Manor is a fantastic manor house hotel surrounded by elegant gardens and lawns. The 19 rooms themselves are also elegant, as are the public spaces. There's a great restaurant and plenty of sporty facilities to help you enjoy the great outdoors. This is an unstuffy country house break.
- The Dial House Hotel in pretty Cotswold classic, Bourton on the Water, was an elegant 17th century mansion before it became a charming 14 room hotel - the premium rooms have four-poster beds and roll-top baths. The interiors are stylish, yet traditional and there’s an award-winning restaurant.
The Best Country House Hotels in the Cotswolds
- Buckland Manor is the kind of place you might expect to run into Miss Marple taking tea. A traditional old manor house in peaceful grounds with 13 beautiful rooms. Here men are expected to don a jacket and tie for dinner, where you'll also be able to take advantage of their impressive wine cellar.
- The Painswick is a lovingly restored 18th century manor with ornate Rococo gardens and 16 lovely bedrooms. The decor feels very countrified, but there’s a very modern spa and an excellent restaurant.
- Cowley Manor is a contemporary-chic manor house set in 55 beautiful acres of Cotswold countryside. This is the perfect escape for stressed urbanites, with two pools, a gym, an award-winning modernist spa, a menu created by Mark Hix, beautiful grounds and even a ‘lifestyle shop’?
- The Manor House Hotel has been converted from a 16th century manor house in the centre of picturesque Moreton in Marsh. There are 35 rooms and suites, some with their own private hot tubs and one with its own private garden! There’s also an award-winning fine dining restaurant and a less formal bar and brasserie.
If these hotels sound about right you might want to peruse our Guru's list of The 10 Best Country House Hotels in the Cotswolds.
The Best Pubs with Rooms in the Cotswolds
- The New Inn at Coln is a 17th century coaching inn with 13 modern, comfortable rooms and an award-winning restaurant and bar. Perfect for walkers and well positioned in a very pretty village.
- Russell’s of Broadway is a chic little restaurant-with-rooms in the postcard perfect village of Broadway. It has seven large rooms with high ceilings and exposed stone walls. The superb cuisine is modern European.
- The Village Pub in Barnsley, is a gastro pub with six welcoming rooms, some with four-poster beds. The Village Pub is brought to you by the owners of Barnsley House, which is just across the road, and has beautiful facilities that pub guests are also entitled to use.
- The King’s Arms in Didmarton, near Stroud, is a traditional 17th century coaching inn which has been stylishly converted. There are just six rooms decorated with antiques, four-poster beds, George Stubbs paintings and sheepskin rugs. There’s great pub food and real ale and rooms start from only £85 per night.
- The Ragged Cot is a lovely 17th century inn in a beautiful spot overlooking 600 acres of National Trust land - perfect for long walks. There are just nine rooms. The menu is seasonal and very good.
For more great pubs and inns see our list of 12 of the Best Pubs with Rooms in the Cotswolds.
The Best Places to Stay in the Cotswolds for Under £200 per night
- The Feathered Nest is smaller, less formal and less expensive than a fully fledged hotel yet offers many of the same services and standards. There's a bar and restaurant - with bar stools fashioned from saddles, luxurious bedrooms - with calming views of the Evenlode Valley, good food and a lovely garden.
- The Swan Inn is situated in a quiet village, yet is only minutes in the car from the hustle and bustle of Burford. It has six simple, stylish bedrooms in a converted barn. Expect a warm welcome and excellent pub grub.
- The Hare and Hounds Hotel on the edge of Tetubry is a traditional feeling country house hotel with 19 freshly refurbished rooms and suites and a popular restaurant and pub. Rooms start from around £100 per night.
The Best Places to Stay in the Cotswolds for around £100 per night
- Set on an unspoiled village green, The Kings Head has a comic old pub sign, a prelude to its bonhomie, bags of character, cosy corners and just the right sort of superior pub grub that suits today’s new-style old country inn. Bedrooms are the sort we love - simple and unpretentious, yet artfully decorated.
- The Porch House in Stow on the Wold claims to be Britain’s Oldest Inn and to have been been operating since 947! Inside the Heritage Listed building are 13 stylish rooms with exposed stone walls and beams and roll top baths. The rooms rate starts from £99 per night including breakfast.
Prefer an apartment or cottage?
- If you’d prefer to stay in a private cottage or villa we recommend you visit our online partner booking.com.
- The Cotswolds region is quite spread out and your closest airport depends on where you’re actually starting out. Birmingham International Airport is the closest airport to Chipping Campden and Broadway, Heathrow is closed to Burford and Bristol Airport is closest to Bath and Cirencester. There are reasonable links by train and bus between Cotswolds towns but it’s definitely easier if you have access to a car.
- If you want to hire a car we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- The Cotswolds is one of those destinations where every season has something to warrant a visit. In winter it’s quiet, perfect for bracing walks and sitting by a roaring fire in the local pub. In spring you’ll see the daffodils, in summer there’s sunshine and plenty of buzz, and in autumn the changing colours are spectacular. Summer is the most popular time for visitors.
Still not sure of the best place to stay in the Cotswolds for you?
- You could refine your search to the best places to stay in Burford? or the best places to stay in Cheltenham, or the best places to stay in Chipping Campden? or the best places to stay in Stow-on-the-Wold?
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Best Hotels in The Cotswolds
The Ragged Cot STROUD, Gloucestershire 9 rooms from £85Country Escape - Surrounded by bucolic Gloucestershire there are plenty of 'country' activities - and lots of pubs.Romantic Break - The perfect hidey hole for a weekend break in the country.Great walks - The National Trust lands of Minchinhampton and Rodborough Commons are prime walking territory.Local markets - The market town of Minchinhampton hs awash with farm stalls and antique shops.
The King's Arms Didmarton, Gloucestershire 6 rooms from £90Value chic - At the King's Arms stylish rooms which can be had for as little as £75 per night B&B.Local exploring - Ideal if you want to explore the wider Cotswolds.Sights nearby - A wide range of places to visit close by including Badminton House, Highgrove House and Westonbirt ArboretumGreat walks - The Cotswolds is great walking country and there are many routes close by the King's Arms
The King's Arms is a traditional 17th century coaching inn in the heart of the Cotswolds. Stylish rooms with feature walls of George Stubbs paintings, antique furniture, four posters & cosy sheepskin rugs. Or cottages for groups or families. Great British pub food, real ale and excellent value too! See More
The Bull Hotel, Fairford Fairford, Gloucestershire 21 rooms from £100Fishing - Available from the hotelLocal markets - Every WednesdaySights nearby - The CotswoldsFull of character
Five Alls at Filkins Gloucestershire, The Cotswolds 9 rooms from £110Foodies - Fantastic gourmet pub food, lots of Italian inspiration.TraditionalGreat walks - Good for walkers.
King's Head Burford 11 rooms from £110Country Escape - A traditional inn - the inexpensive alternative to a country house hotel.Quirky - Full of junk shop findsGreat walks - Beautiful country walksFull of characterRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide
A cosy and characterful traditional English Inn. With simple, homely guest rooms and fine pub food - The King's Head offers guests are proper countryside getaway. Lovely scenic walks in the heart of the Cotswolds and outdoor activities available to those looking for something extra. See More
Howard Arms Ilmington, The Cotswolds 8 rooms from £110Value chic - With rooms from as little as £115 per night including breakfast, the Howard Arms is excellent value.Local exploring - Shakespeare’s Stratford is just 8 miles away, plus there's the whole of the Cotswolds to the South.Great walks - There are plenty of great walks in the surrounding area, many you can access right from the pub.Sights nearby - Stratford to the north and the whole of the Cotswolds to the South.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Pretty and charming 400 year old stone-built inn overlooking the Stour Valley on the village green. Eight individually designed bedrooms offer a charming mix of contemporary comforts and traditional features. The bar and restaurant are convivial, laid back and not to be missed! See More
Aylworth Manor Cheltenham, The Cotswolds 4 rooms from £110QuietSights nearby - Visit the nearby sights of Sudeley Castle and Broadway Tower.Great walks - The surrounding area is full of lovely walking routes.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Sawdays
Set in a delightful house in the Cotswolds, Aylworth Manor is a charming, small B&B. Boasting comfortable rooms and a lovely garden, it's a great place to unwind. Start the day with a delicious breakfast in the dining room before heading out to explore the beautiful Cotswolds surroundings. See More
Lower Brook House nr Moreton-in-Marsh, The Cotswolds 6 rooms from £110Four poster beds - For romantics.TraditionalGreat walks - Good for walkers.Fishing - Excellent fishing nearby.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
The Crown Inn Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire 7 rooms from 115Great walks - Borrow an Ordnance Survey map and explore the myriads of footpaths all around the villageSights nearby - Blenheim Palace, Weston Park and Deddington CastleTraditional - with all modern comfortsFull of character
A brilliant example of a 16th century Cotswold Inn which has been expertly renovated. Well-loved by the locals with welcoming staff and an excellent restaurant, the menu is constantly changing with traditional dishes and seasonal twists. Rooms are cosy and well-designed with all creature comforts. See More
Horse and Groom Moreton in Marsh, The Cotswolds 5 rooms from £120Local exploring - An ideal base for exploring the beautiful Cotswolds, with charming Moreton in Marsh just down the road.Sights nearby - Moreton in Marsh, Chipping Camden, Broadway and Stow on the Wold are all close byGreat walks - There is lovely walking for all abilities on the doorstep.TraditionalRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide
Informal restaurant with rooms cum gastro pub in the now familiar mould; towny style, a buzzing bar and restaurant, and a small number of smart bedrooms. Five individually designed rooms in contemporary classic style, plus award winning food - a perfect laid back base for exploring Cotswold country. See More
The Swan Inn Burford 11 rooms from £120Country Escape - A traditional English Inn in the heart of the Cotwolds.Traditional - Individually styled bedrooms in a classic yet contemporary style.Great walks - Explore the Cotsolwds - an area of natural beautyLocal markets - Daylesford Organic Farmshop and Spa.
Located in a pretty little village, seemingly lost in time - this riverside inn offers elegant boutique bedrooms, a fine seasonal British menu and charming riverside cottages. Chickens freely roaming the garden and Mitford memorabilia add a unique charm to this quaint Cotswold retreat. See More
No 12 Cirencester, The Cotswolds 4 rooms from £120Restrictions on children - Over 12 only. Must be in own room.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Russell's of Broadway Broadway 7 rooms from £120Foodies - The restaurant is the main focus of the hotel and serves modern cuisine with an emphasis on local produce cooked to perfection.Country Escape - A charming escape set in Englands most picturesque village, with seriously stylish interiors and wonderful service.Sights nearby - Visit the pretty Cotswold villages of Chipping Campden, Burford, Bibury, Moreton in Marsh, Stow-on-the-Wold and Woodstock.Great walks - The famous 95-mile Cotswold Way from Chipping Camden to Bath runs through the village.Recommended by - I Escape, Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
The Fish Worcestershire 67 rooms from £125Groups - Endless activities (can be taylored) from archery to baking classes to keep everyone happySights nearby - Cheltenham is just over 30 minutes’ drive. Stratford is 15miles away.Great walks - Hotel sits in the heart of the 400-acre Farncombe EstateViews - On the edge of Cotswold country, yours to explore
A hotel sitting in 400 acre estate, close to Stratford and the Cotswolds. Laid back and modern with cosy touches. Restaurant, bar with fireplace plus lots of outdoor activities from archery to segway safaris. A cool choice for weekend getaways for groups or young couples. See More
Hare and Hounds Hotel Tetbury, The Cotswolds 42 rooms from £125Local markets - The historic Cotswold market town of Tetbury is only two miles away.Private Hot Tub - Two suites feature private hot tubsSights nearby - Highgrove House is just a mile awayHideaway - Tranquil and intimate.
The Hare and Hounds is a traditional Cotswold country house hotel. The newly refurbished rooms and suites have an air of elegance and surround a delightful courtyard. The restaurant's creative menu is popular with locals and visitors alike. The best in comfort with its own country pub. See More
Buttress House Chedworth, The Cotswolds 2 rooms from £125Sights nearby - Bang in the heart of the Cotswolds, with lots to explore. Just 10 miles from Cheltenham & CirencesterGreat walks - Good for walkers.Local markets - Good for local colour.Romantic - Good for couples.
The Lion Inn Winchcombe, Gloucestershire 8 rooms from £130Great walks - The many Cotswold walking trails are on tjhe Lion Inn's doorstepSights nearby - The nearby Snowshill Manor is a warren of hidden treasures.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Full of characterRecommended by - Sawdays, Good Hotel Guide
The only thing ordinary about the Lion Inn is the name. Each of the eight rooms are beautifully presented with exposed beams and stone walls next to soft hues and knitted throws. There is an outdoor patio restaurant with seasonal menu and bar with fine wines and real ales. See More
The Trout at Tadpole Bridge Faringdon, Oxfordshire 6 rooms from £130Great walks - For an afternoon stroll there is Buscot Park and Gardens; for serious ramblers the Thames Path is on your doorstep.Sights nearby - The famous Blenheim Palace and William Morris' Kelmscott Manor are both nearby.Sailing - The hotel has its own river and private mooring for guests.Views - Some of the rooms have lovely river viewsRecommended by - Sawdays, Good Hotel Guide
The Trout at Tadpole Bridge is a welcoming Inn, backing on to a rural section of the Thames with its own private mooring. Six comfortable rooms, "classic country" in style, located around a pretty courtyard away from the bustle. The AA rosette restaurant steals the show. A wonderful country treat. See More
The Wheatsheaf Inn Northleach, The Cotswolds 14 rooms from £130Restaurant - Recommended.Great walks - Lovely local walks, and you can borrow their wellies.Romantic - Good for couples.Lively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - I Escape, Mr & Mrs Smith, Sawdays
New Inn at Coln Cirencester, The Cotswolds 13 rooms from £140Romantic - Good for couples.TraditionalGreat walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - I Escape, Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays, Michelin Travel
The Village Pub Barnsley, The Cotswolds 6 rooms from £140Great walks - Barnsley House's immaculate gardens, opposite the hotel, aswell as Westonbirt and Batsford Arboretums are all worth a stroll.Sights nearby - Cirencester Park and The Church of St. John the Baptist are both located in nearby Cirencester.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Full of characterRecommended by - Sawdays, Good Hotel Guide
Brought to you by the owner's of Barnsley House, the Cotswold's most sought after hotel, the facilities of which you can enjoy. Gastro pub does not do the restaurant's gourmet menu justice. The rooms are similarly welcoming and stylish, some with four poster beds, tartan throws and lounge areas. See More
Dial House Hotel Bourton on the Water, The Cotswolds 14 rooms from £140Country Escape - A traditional property, perfect for a cosy weekend away, with great walking around the picteresque Cotswolds.Sights nearby - Model Village is situated just behind the hotel and entertains both children and adults alike.Birdwatching - Birdland has over 500 species to spot set in beautiful surrounds.Restrictions on children - Children over 10 onlyRecommended by - Frommers, Sawdays
Cotswold House Hotel Chipping Campden, The Cotswolds 28 rooms from £144Total relaxation - Refresh yourself at this quaint country retreat, enjoy spa treatments, long walks and deep soaking tubs!Sights nearby - Just 5kms away is Broadway Tower a unique Capability Brown Folly Tower which has imressive views.Local markets - Chipping Campden has a whole range of quirky independent shops selling crafts and gifts.Great walks - Explore the Cotswolds countryside, renowned for it's natural beauty and serenity.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels
A historic property in the heart of a quaint village. Rooms are modern with indulgent bathrooms - think rain showers and large free standing baths. Open fireplaces give a cosy feel. Relaxed dining areas serve food inspired by local produce. The six room spa is excellent. The perfect country escape. See More
The Kingham Plough Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire 6 rooms from £145Great walks - If you really want to stretch your legs, take the circular walk from Kingham Station. OS Maps available.Sights nearby - Hidcote Manor Gardens, Blenheim Palace, Deddington Castle,Local markets - Daylesford Farm Shop takes farm shops to another level.Full of character
The Painswick Painswick, Stroud, The Cotswolds 16 rooms from £149Total relaxation - Uncommonly comfortable rooms, roll-top baths, squishy sofas, fantastic food and massages and facials to boot!Country Escape - Located in the quaint village of Painswick, with lovely walks and stunning views.Sights nearby - The ornate Painswick Rococo Gardens are within walking distance.Great walks - Across the village green to your new local: The Falcon Inn.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Following a loving restoration, this 18th century abode has been catapulted into the 21st century. Sixteen lovely rooms with original features decorated in soft hues and country style. Rejuvenate in the Spa, relax by a roaring fire and feast in the excellent restaurant. A gorgeous relaxing getaway. See More
Manor House Hotel Moreton in Marsh, The Cotswolds 35 rooms from £159Sights nearby - Moreton in Marsh is the perfect base for exploring the Cotswolds, Bath or Oxford.Private Hot Tub - If you book the Apple Cottage SuiteFour poster beds - Some rooms feature four poster bedsTraditional
The Close Hotel Tetbury, The Cotswolds 18 rooms from £160Hideaway - Beautiful rooms, deep roll-top baths and breakfast in bed: there are so many reasons not to leave.Local markets - Held every Wednesday, Tetbury market stalls display a colourful array of locally produced foods.Sights nearby - The stately home of Cirencester Park will give you some serious 'house' envy.Great walks - Whatever the season Westonbirt Arboretum is alive with colour.
In the market town of Tetbury you will find The Close's grand grey stone façade. Dating back to 1535 and lovingly transformed into a stylish boutique hotel. Each of the 18 rooms is unique, ranging from pretty florals to dark country cheques with roll-top baths and views. A full English is included. See More
The Swan Hotel Bibury, The Cotswolds 22 rooms from £160Sights nearby - The famous Blenheim Palace, birth place of Winston Churchill, is arguably the country's best stately home.Private Hot Tub - Whooper Garden Cottage Suite has its own private garden with hot tub.Great walks - Walk through the village to the postcard worthy Church of St. Mary.Fishing - Catch some trout in the River Coln, just opposite the hotel.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide
With views over the River Coln this 17th century coaching inn is a welcoming Cotswolds abode. Crackling fires in the winter and viridescent gardens in the summer: the menu is similarly seasonal (and locally sourced). Rooms have an instantly cosy feel with fourposters, gingham and floral upholstery. See More
The Cotswold Plough Bampton, The Cotswolds 12 rooms from £160Country Escape - The perfect rural escape, sitting in the enchatning Cotswold village of Clanfield, surrounded by beautiful rolling countryside.Local exploring - Perfect for exploring the rich natural heritage of the Cotswolds National Park.Great walks - Beautiful walking in the surrounding Cotswolds countryside.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby Kelmscott Manor, home of William Morris.
The Cotswold Plough never disappoints with it's rich history and effortless charm. Set in the picturesque Clanfield village, amidst beautiful rolling countryside. With elegant rooms and a delicious restaurant serving seasonal food, the hotel captures a peaceful, soothing atmosphere. A Cotswolds gem. See More
Oak House No. 1 Tetbury, The Cotswolds 3 rooms from £165Recommended by - I Escape
The Slaughters Inn Lower Slaughter, The Cotswolds 30 rooms from £165Great walks - Great walks on the doorstep.TraditionalFishing - Excellent fishing nearby.Recommended by - Michelin Travel
The Feathered Nest Burford (Nether Westcote) 4 rooms from £180Restaurant - 3 AA Rosettes. AA Notable wine listViews - views over the Evenlode Valley.TraditionalRecommended by - Sawdays
Lower Slaughter Manor Lower Slaughter, The Cotswolds 19 rooms from £195Private Hot Tub - If you book a garden suiteSecluded setting - For escaping.Cooking classes - Check for timings.Four poster beds - For romantics.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux, Michelin Travel
Lower Slaughter Manor is beautiful, but relaxed and unstuffy with it. The 19 rooms are all different, some featuring four-poster beds and stand alone baths, some with bold wallpaper and colourful fabrics, so consider a few before you make your choice. The restaurant serves gourmet meals. See More
Buckland Manor Buckland nr Broadway, The Cotswolds 13 rooms from £195Country Escape - Read by the roaring fire, try your hand and tennis and croquet or simply wander the grounds- an ideal country retreat.Great walks - Wander by the river and through the ten acres of beautiful gardens, or head down to the village for a pint.Remote - Off the beaten track.Full of characterRecommended by - Frommers, Relais & Chateaux, Fodors
Calcot Manor Hotel Tetbury, The Cotswolds 35 rooms from £199Swimming Pool - Stunning indoor Swimming PoolKids Club - Fully staffed.Secluded setting - For escaping.House party feel - Be prepared to meet people.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Fodors, Frommers, Good Hotel Guide, Kiwi Collection
A charming 14th century manor house in Tetbury, Gloucestershire. Chic rooms feature bold wallpaper prints, soft tones, deep soaking tubs and trendy artworks. The beautifully landscaped gardens feature a range of family activities as well as a pool and spa. An elegant country retreat. See More
Lords of the Manor Hotel Upper Slaughter, The Cotswolds 26 rooms from £199Restaurant - Michelin-starredGarden - Attractive outside space.Views - Great views from hotelFishing - Excellent fishing nearby.Recommended by - Frommers, Sawdays, Small Luxury Hotels, Michelin Travel
Dormy House Broadway, The Cotswolds 38 rooms from £210Spa - Award winning spa featuring a wide range of treatments and therapies plus terrace hot tub and thermal suite.Sights nearby - The Cotswolds are on your doorstepSwimming Pool - Indoor PoolRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - I Escape
Newly refurbished country house hotel in the heart of Cotswold country. Oak beams, wooden panelling and open fires complement stylish modern interiors, with tablets as standard for every room, and great facilities for families. Fantastic bolt hole for a pampering country weekend. See More
Cowley Manor nr Cheltenham, The Cotswolds from £250Spa - Wide range of treatments using Green & Spring products.Swimming Pool - Outdoor and indoor heated pools.Great walks - 55 acres of parkland surround the proerty with natural springs, lakes, and Victorian cascades.Sights nearby - Visit the "Venice of the Cotswolds" the village of Bourton on Water.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels
A contemporary-chic manor house set on 55 beautiful acres, in the Cotswold countryside. Trendy rooms mix the best of both worlds, with original sash windows, high ceilings and fireplaces mixed with sleek handmade modern furnishings and bold colour combos. A sophisticated, fun country escape. See More
Thyme at Southrop Manor Gloucestershire, The Cotswolds from £260Cooking classes - Long and short courses. Top notch classes on offer - you can learn everything from bread making to advanced fish cookery.Sights nearby - Blenheim Palace and estateFishing - Lechlade Trout FisheriesGreat walks - Hidcote Manor gardens
A stylish west county farmhouse hotel with a top class cooking school. The bedrooms and adjacent cottages are beautifully decorated with roll top baths and large, comfortable beds. Organic home grown meals and a cosy bar. Come for a country retreat with the option of learning something new! See More
Foxhill Manor Broadway (The Cotswolds) 5 rooms from £295House party feel - Exclusive Hire available5* Luxury - Very high service standards.LuxurySights nearby - Explore the chocolate box villages and pretty historic towns of the CotswoldsRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Private manor-house hotel in the Cotswolds, with eight stately bedrooms and suites. A Grade II listed manor offering pure luxury served with heartfelt personal service and an easygoing at-home atmosphere. 24 hours a day service from a personal host. Hundreds of country activities. See More
Barnsley House Cirencester (Barnsley) 18 rooms from £299Romantic Break - A stately home with indulgent chic interiors- think dual baths, large suites and a pampering spa.Country Escape - A rural abode on another level, the ultimate luxury getaway in stunning surrounds.Great walks - This area is littered with beautiful walks, ask at the front desk to be pointed towards a favourite.Cooking classes - The nearby reputed Foodworks Cookery School offers a number of different classes for various levels.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Frommers, Good Hotel Guide, Kiwi Collection
An imposing Cotswold house set within stunning (deservedly famed) gardens. Gorgeously renovated rooms are light, airy and full of mod cons. The chic modern interiors, indulgent spa and contemporary British cuisine make it hard to leave! A popular rural escape for urbanites. See More