- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Oxfordshire’s Most Romantic Hotels
Oxfordshire conjures up images of ethereal "dreaming spires", scholarly pursuits and thatched roofs, but there is much more to the county than the university. The landscape is varied, with the charming villages of the Cotswolds to the north and the rolling vistas of the Chilterns to the south. So plenty of Oxfordshire’s most romantic hotels aren't anywhere near the famous county town.
If you want romance but in a town, well-heeled Henley is also wroth a look, as is the Cotswold’s Chipping Norton. But you’ll find several of our Guru’s recommendations for Oxfordshire’s most romantic hotels out of town, near Blenheim Palace with its beautiful gardens by Capability Brown or Wallingford Castle dating back to the mediaeval period, or in the Cotswolds or the Chilterns. And if you, or your lover, finds shopping romantic then Bicester Village will be of interest to you.
Oxfordshire’s Most Romantic Hotels
- The Old Parsonage Hotel is a luxurious boutique hotel with 35 rooms in a simple, contemporary style. There’s a small, but well stocked library and an excellent restaurant. A perfect place to escape to with a loved one, or to write a novel…
- The Old Bank Hotel is right in the centre of town and oozes sophistication and style. It boasts great city views and Quod is one of the best restaurants in town.
For a Romantic Escapes
- Le Manoir aux Quat’ Saisons is beautiful country manor house turned Raymond Blanc hotel and restaurant. There are 32 charming rooms and 13 suites, extensive gardens and an acclaimed, two Michelin starred restaurant - obviously. Le Manor also runs cooking classes.
- Stadhampton’s Crazy Bear Hotel is an eclectic, eccentric, one-off converted coaching inn with 16 individually designed rooms featuring such treasures as padded leather walls, silver beds and copper free-standing baths. There’s a London bus in the front garden, a farm shop and two restaurants, one serving British food and one Thai.
- The Manor, Oxfordshire is an elegant, historic, 25 room country house hotel close to Bicester Village. The decor is stylish and traditional and the restaurant is in a stunning, wood panelled hall. The gardens are also idyllic.
Romantic Spa Hotels
- Robustly elegant and quintessentially English, The Randolph is an extremely comfortable grand dame of a hotel in the heart of Oxford. There are around 150 rooms and suites, a luxurious spa and an excellent, if traditional, restaurant. Their breakfasts are grand, as are their afternoon teas.
Oxfordshire’s Most Romantic Hotels for Under £100 per Night
- The Miller of Mansfield is a traditional, ivy-covered inn in the pretty village of Goring on Thames. There are 15 individually designed rooms and suites, an acclaimed restaurant and bar and beautiful river views.
If you haven’t found your idea of the most romantic hotels in London on our Guru’s list you could:
- Consult our Ultimate Guide to the Most Romantic Hotels in the UK,
- browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Oxfordshire,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Oxfordshire’s Most Romantic Hotels
Old Parsonage Hotel 35 rooms from $254Oxford
A luxury boutique hotel in a wonderfully old building. The rooms have simple contemporary design. Bathrooms are pleasingly indulgent. A small but well stocked library is awaiting academics. The restaurant is excellent. Highly recommended.Writing a novel - This recently refurbished masterpiece was once home to Oscar Wilde, sit in the luxurious library and draw inspiration.Great walks - Book a guided walking tours of the city and University Colleges.Sights nearby - Visit any one of the 38 University Colleges.Full of characterRecommended by - Tablet, Frommers, Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Crazy Bear Hotel 16 rooms from $259Stadhampton, Oxfordshire
Eclectic, eccentric – a one off converted coaching inn. Think padded leather walls, silver beds, copper free standing baths. A London red bus sits decoratively in the garden. The two restaurants serve traditional British or Thai food. Best for wacky weekends away.Romantic Break - In room freestanding baths and intimate dining areas make for a romatic weekend away.Fishing - Fly fishing is organised by the hotel both for events or just a day out.Great walks - Explore the 80 acres of parklands with rare bread farm and woods.Full of character
Le Manoir aux Quat’ Saisons 32 rooms from $671Great Milton, Oxfordshire
Raymond Blanc hotel and restaurant. Beautiful country manor. Extensive gardens, acclaimed restaurant, luxurious rooms.Cooking classes - Raymond Blanc's cookery schoolGourmetFoodiesRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Tablet, Good Hotel Guide, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux, Michelin Travel
The Manor, Oxfordshire 25 rooms from $215Bicester, Oxfordshire
Elegant and historic country house hotel just a stone's throw from Bicester Village. Twenty five well appointed and elegant rooms feature stylish, traditional furnishings. Dinner is served in the stunning wood panelled Baron's Hall and the gardens are beautiful. Perfect for a romantic break.Sights nearby - Within easy reach of Oxford, Blenheim Palace and the Cotwolds villages.Swimming Pool - Outdoor heated pool, open during summer months.Traditional
The Randolph 151 rooms from $268Oxford
Robustly elegant, quintessentially English and extremely comfortable, The Macdonald Randolph Hotel is perfectly situated on the corner of Beaumont Street and St Giles, within easy walking distance of enough historic sites to satiate the appetite of the most culturally hungry traveller.Great walks - Oxford's size makes it a wonderful city to explore on foot, wander the streets and soak up the history.SpaFour poster beds - For romantics.TraditionalRecommended by - Frommers, Good Hotel Guide
Miller of Mansfield 15 rooms from $117Goring on Thames, Oxfordshire
Traditional ivy-covered inn in village setting. Acclaimed restaurant, bar, individually designed suites, Overlooking the river.Romantic - Good for couples.TraditionalGreat walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
Old Bank Hotel 42 rooms from $254Oxford
Sophisticated hotel with buzzing restaurant and bar. Tudor interiors updated with chic styling and large beds. Discreet and laid back luxury and perfectly positioned for sights. Contemporary art on the walls. An ideal city stay.Local exploring - Neighbouring some of the oldest Oxford colleges and within walking distance of shops, theatre and the city’s Botanical Gardens.City Style - Georgian alcoves, wood-paneled walls and large sash windows meet bold modern art and understated elegant interiors.Sights nearby - Plenty of sights to see nearby, the hotel is opposite St Mary’s Church, and neighbouring University and Merton.Great walks - Riverside and meadow walks from the hotel or walking tours with a guide.Recommended by - Tablet, Frommers, Good Hotel Guide