Search the best hotels in Copenhagen
Copenhagen is super cool, very friendly and utterly charming. You'll find there's plenty going on in its world-class museums and galleries, and world-renowned restaurants, and all set against the backdrop of its world-famous architecture and design. Compact and walkable, Copenhagen is great for families, it’s romantic and it’s hip, so it’s a city break we can recommend to pretty much everyone. So we made sure our recommendations for the best places to stay in Copenhagen includes something for everyone too. There's cheap and cheerful hostels, a couple of great little B&Bs and of course the Scandi-chic design pads, plus the top end luxury properties for those who want a serious treat.
Some of our Copenhagen collections:
- The Most Romantic hotels in Copenhagen
- The Best Budget Hotels in Copenhagen
- Copenhagen with kids - the best hotels in Copenhagen for Families
- The Best Hotels in Indre By
- The Best Hotels in Vesterbro
One of the things the Gurus love about Copenhagen is that it’s really littered with memorable and interesting landmarks, so there’s a lot within walking distance of all the hotels that have made our list. And many of the walking routes are beautiful as well, alternating between green parks, water views and cool shopping streets.
Year after year, the popularity of this city just grows and grows, plus it is busy year round. So if you want to guarantee a room in one of the best places to stay in Copenhagen, get organised and book well ahead.
The Best Places to Stay in Copenhagen
Hotel Recommendations in Indre By
- Nobis Copenhagen is a grand hotel in a wonderfully central spot close to the Christiansborg Palace. Inside you’ll find Scandinavian design at its finest, a wonderful colour palette drawn from nature, plenty of pale wood and beautiful, fairly minimalist furniture. There are lots of lovely details in the 75 rooms and suites. There’s also a small spa, an elegant bar and a fabulous restaurant serving fusion French Nordic cuisine.
The Best Hotels in the Latin Quarter
- Wakeup is a huge hotel in central Copenhagen, with 510 contemporary, white-washed, chrome-floored rooms with plenty of natural light and splashes of green. There are rooms of all shapes and sizes, including some great suites, family rooms and family suites. And the rooms on the higher floors have amazing city views. There’s no restaurant, but they do offer breakfast.
Nyhavn's Best Hotels
- Nyhaven 71 is a converted waterfront warehouse in desirable Nyhavn. Its exterior is still very industrial, and inside there are a lot of thick beams and wrought iron, but the feeling is very much one of comfort, and the 150 rooms and suites are decorated in neutrals to match the building materials. The excellent restaurant has some great art as well as great seafood. The rooms aren’t large, so if you can it’s worth upgrading to a two-floor suite, which are also the rooms with some of the best views.
The Best Hotels in Tivoli
- Copenhagen is known for design, and the Nimb Hotel, which is famously within the Tivoli Gardens, is a high design classic. Just not necessarily in the Danish style. It’s been converted from an early 20th century Moorish-inspired palace, and has a fairytale appeal and lovely antiques. One of the surprising things about this hotel is that there are just 17 sumptuous rooms and suites. But a range of drinking and dining options, including three restaurants.
- The Scandic Palace Hotel is an historic building close to the city hall which is, in turn, right across the road from the Tivoli Gardens. There are 169 light, fashionable rooms and suites, with colour schemes of white and charcoal, sky blue and lilac. Downstairs there’s an atmospheric bar and a Nordic restaurant. It feels spacious and friendly and is a good choice for families too.
Where to Stay in Vesterbro
- The Copenhagen Island Hotel is a huge hotel, right on the waterfront, on the outskirts of Vesterbro. Its 326 rooms and suites are sleek, stylish and contemporary, some with balconies, and all with fantastic views from huge windows overlooking the water. The design is uniform and unfussy, with white walls and modern art. And its family suites are a good value choice if you don’t need too much space. There’s also a small sauna and gym, and you can rent bikes from the hotel.
- The Absalon Hotel is a stylish, 161 room hotel on the edge of trendy Kødbyen. We like a hotel with individually styled rooms, and this is such a one, with a range of features including sash windows, contemporary bathrooms, bold colours - or neutrals, velvets and silver tables. There are some nice touches, including a great cocktail bar and generous Scandinavian breakfasts.
- Occupying a grand building on a quiet, cobblestone street, the Hotel Kong Arthur has 155 elegant rooms and suites, featuring plenty of Danish design in elegant, dark neutral colours and wood finishes. There are three restaurants, one in a conservatory, and there’s a cosy sitting room with a fire. The hotel also has a spa and relaxation area.
Our picks in Christianshavn
- CPH Living is a hip hotel converted from a barge, moored on the river in a lively part of Christianshavn. We love this 12 room hotel for its floor to ceiling windows, and minimalist interiors, which make for a unique, cruise-esque experience. And you’re close to museums, galleries and nightlife. The location is also handy for the alternative village of Christiania, a social experiment in self rule, independent of the Danish Government and set up in the seventies. There’s no restaurant, but they have tea, coffee and snacks at reception.
For a city break
- Packed with character, and in a funky, Latin Quarter location, SP34 is a 118 room boutique hotel. We recommend it for Copenhagen city breaks because it’s reasonably priced and its rooms and suites ooze Danish design chic, with a beautiful wood and grey palette. The penthouse is especially cool, but even the smallest room has all the mod. cons. Danish style. SP34’s two restaurants and four bars are popular with locals too which is probably why they have so many, and you’re located only 500 metres from the Tivoli Gardens.
- The Hotel Skt Petri has been converted from a Latin Quarter department store into a bright and airy 268 room hotel. Skt Petri houses art by contemporary Danish artists, and the interiors are by well known Dane Per Arnoldi, and involve elegant lamps, the right mix of velvet, linen, bare wood and marble. The corner rooms are the ones we recommend you go for, with their impressive balconies. There’s a stand out buffet breakfast, a garden courtyard open in the warmer months, a sauna and steam room, and a fittingly modern restaurant with an excellent range of microbrewed beers.
- The Copenhagen Strand Hotel is a big, chic, waterfront property in a super central location around the canal corner from Nyhavn. Rooms are typically Scandinavian in style, with sky blue tones, wooden floors and plenty of light. Danish breakfasts are served in the stylish breakfast room and many of the city's main attractions are just a stroll away.
For a romantic stay
- Elegant and relaxing, and looking something like a Home Beautiful magazine, the Hotel Sanders is a 54 room boutique hotel in central Copenhagen. Each of the rooms and suites are individually designed in a colour scheme including muted blues and greens, creams and lots of natural wood finishes and natural light, and they’re all filled with elegant, memorable details. There’s an excellent cocktail bar on the roof terrace and a gourmet bistro downstairs. To put it simply, this is the perfect place to impress, without appearing over done.
- If you want to impress and you’re not worried about over doing it then the stunning, five star d’Angleterre might be perfect for you. Converted from a palace, this 90 room hotel still has a very palatial air, with large rooms decked out in whites, pale greys and silvers, with pale silks and other plush fabrics, and huge marble bathrooms, plus chandeliers aplenty. There’s also a Michelin-starred restaurant serving Nordic and French cuisine, an opulent champagne bar, and a full spa and indoor pool. The roof terrace has incredible city views.
Copenhagen’s Hippest Hotels
- You can tell the CitizenM Radhuspladsen is something quite hip and arty from the exterior, which is concrete and boxy, and decorated with photos of contributors to Danish culture. Inside it’s no less arty, with murals and artwork by established Danish artists. The 238 rooms are classic CitizenM, with enormous beds and mood-lit bathrooms, and the lobby is a great example of the brand too: huge, with banks of bright, comfy sofas in cool designs, and statement lamps, lights, carpets and objets d’art, and bookshelves of interesting books and knick knacks. The bar is hip too, and the whole place buzzes.
- Fans of Danish design and style will love the Hotel Alexandra, a 61 room hotel just 200 metres from the Tivoli Gardens and packed with wonderful mid-century Danish furniture and great art and design. There’s an excellent Vietnamese-inspired restaurant, a trendy bar and a library, and this hotel has a green key certificate if you want proof of its eco credentials.
- For families wanting to experience Copenhagen in comfort and style we recommend the Manon Les Suites, a collection of 80 apartment-like suites arranged so that their doors all face a huge, central atrium, with five storeys of jungle-like plants, and at the bottom of which there’s a resort style pool. Even the smallest rooms are like tiny apartments with kitchen facilities, and large windows overlooking Copenhagen. But you’ll find the best views on the roof terrace, where there’s also a trendy bar and restaurant. It’s a good location for families too, quiet, but still a relatively short walk into the centre of town.
- The Hotel Danmark is another great choice for families, and this time we recommend it because of its wide range of room shapes and sizes: there are 89, ranging from bunkbed dorms to luxurious suites and family apartments, so there's bound to be something to suit your family. The decor and design are the height of contemporary Danish chic, and the location is very central, perfect for exploring the city. The Hotel Denmark also has a trendy rooftop cocktail bar with superb city views, which is popular with with locals as well as hotel guests.
For great value
- In a graceful, 19th century building in residential Frederiksberg, just a fifteen minute walk from the centre of town, and within moments of bus and metro stops, is the Avenue Hotel, a hotel we think offers a lot for its reasonable room rate. It has 68 clean, modern, well equipped rooms, some of which can accommodate four, decorated with Danish design style and Missoni throws. There’s a lively lounge with live music, fantastic cocktails and small bites and their staff are particularly friendly and helpful.
- The 66 Guldsmeden in Vesterbro is a luxurious place to stay with 71 chic, carefully put together rooms, with features like four-poster beds and ornate Persian carpets. There’s also a good breakfast on offer.
Prefer a private apartment?
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner, booking.com.
- Copenhagen’s Kastrup Airport is served by both flag airlines and low-cost options. Coming out of the airport it’s very easy to catch the train into town, it only takes about 15 minutes to reach the central station.
- If you’re thinking about hiring a car we recommend checking what our online partners, Rentalcars have to offer.
- Copenhagen is very pleasant in the summer, when the days are long and the cafes and restaurants have their outdoor seating laid out - average daily highs are around 23°C or 24°C. Winter is cold, expect to experience freezing temperatures, but it’s so beautiful around Christmas that it might even be worth it. Autumn and spring are milder, and quieter as far as visitors go, and there are some great hotel deals around.
Still not sure which to book?
- You could refine your search to just the most romantic hotels in Copenhagen, or look for the best budget hotels in Copenhagen.
- Or maybe our recommendations for the best hotels in Copenhagen for families is more suitable for you?
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in Copenhagen
Best Hotels in Copenhagen
Urban House Copenhagen (Vesterbro) 217 rooms from €19Value chic - If you go for a single bed in the dorms you will be getting serious bang for your buck, and private rooms are not bad either.Close to nightlife - Set in the trendy and central Vesterbro area, it is a great spot for exploring the varied nightlife Copenhagen has to offer.Sights nearby - The Meatpacking District is just down the road and offers some of the city's best restaurants and bars.Cycling - Copenhagen has fantastic cycle lanes throughout the city and is famed as a cyclist's haven.
A lively hostel in the trendy Vesterbro district of Copenhagen. There's a sociable bar, cool work space and even a tattoo parlour. Rooms vary from "shoebox" for singles to dorms. All are simple in style with minimal furnishings and stripped wooden floors. Ideal for groups or those on a budget. See More
Soegaardens B&B Copenhagen (3660 Stenløse) 3 rooms from €83Families - Rooms are self catering, with their own private kitchen, making this an ideal spot for families seeking a more independent tripCountry Escape - Guests are invited to relax by the lake, interact with horses, or simply enjoy the Danish scenery, the perfect country escapeBack to Nature - Set on a peaceful horse farm, surrounded by nature, this is the perfect place to escape the stresses of modern lifeViews - All guest houses have unique views of the garden, Bastrup Lake, and the horse farm
A peaceful horse farm in the heart of the Danish countryside. Three distinctly decorated, modernly furnished rooms, each with a kitchen, bathroom and unique farm view. Guests can relax in the living room and enjoy the scenery, or on warmer days, go horse riding and unwind on Bastrup Lake beach. See More
Wakeup Copenhagen 510 rooms from €97Watersports - Make the most of the summer in Copenhagen and head down to harbour baths at Islands Brygge, walking distance from the hotel.Value chic - Cheap rooms in a stylish and well located hotel, right on the waterside with rooms offering all mod-cons and great views.Sights nearby - Check out the third-oldest operating amusement park in the world just down the road — Tivoli GardensArchitectural - A simple minimalist hotel designed by the famous Danish architect Kim Utzon.
An ideally located central spot for the budget traveller. Head to toe contemporary spaces have white washed walls, dark chrome floors, splashes of green, and lots of natural light. The 24 hour lobby bar offers drinks, snacks and sandwiches at all hours, perfect for a late flight or early start. See More
66 Guldsmeden Copenhagen (Vesterbro) 71 rooms from €131Eco break - They pride themselves on an eco friendly reputation here, so green living should be easy — plus the breakfast is 100% organicCity Style - Hip hotel with boho-chic rooms that are more vibrant and eclectic than we are used to in the sea of Nordic minimalism.Local markets - Copenhagen's favourite shopping street, Værnedamsvej, known as 'little Paris' is just around the corner.Sights nearby - Perfectly placed to explore; Tivoli Gardens and Copenhagen Central Station are within a ten minute walk
Balinese inspired vibes, on a buzzing street in Vesterbrogade. Bedrooms are comfortable with a luxury feel- four poster beds, lush feather duvets and ornate Persian carpets. Enjoy an excellent organic breakfast on a lantern-lit balcony, or sip coffee in the leafy Cantina. Trendy and characterful. See More
m18 Copenhagen 12 rooms from €146Cycling - Copenhagen boasts many bicycle “highways” that allow you to pass almost unhindered from one end of town to the other.Great walks - One of the city's best parks, Nørrebroparken is closeby, and offers a range of activities for adults and kids alike.Local exploring - Ideally positioned in the centre of Copenhagen with excellent transport links and many sights within walking distanceSights nearby - View the iconic Little Mermaid statue by Edvard Eriksen, on a rock by the water on the Langelinie promenade.
Avenue Hotel Copenhagen 68 rooms from €154Designer Shopping - Just around the corner on Elmegade and Jægersborggade, you can take a look at what designer boutiques Copenhagen has to offer.Other Activities - The outdoor wooden decking area offers a relaxing, atmospheric place to unwind with a cocktail after a day of exploring.City Style - The classical perfection of the 18th century architecture meets cutting edge interiors by top Danish designers.Hotel Entertainment - Enjoy the live music nights in the hotel bar, or sip a complimentary glass of red at the daily wine hour (5-6)Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Frommers, Michelin Travel, Tablet
19th Century boutique offering a great value stay in Copenhagen. Clean, modern, well-equipped rooms (some sleep four) feature Danish designs & Missoni throws. Hang out in the lounge for live music, fantastic cocktails and small bites. A great choice for city visitors and families. See More
Ibsens hotel Copenhagen 118 rooms from €156Local markets - Close to the famed Torvehallerne food hall, an urban covered marketplace featuring stalls with local produce and gourmet food.Great walks - Just a 15 minute walk to the Botanical Gardens, famed for its extensive complex of historical glasshouses dating from 1874.City Style - Highlighting local talent with interiors featuring fabrics and sculptures by designers Krestine Kjaerholm and Pia Hutters.Museums - A short walk takes you to the National Gallery, home to an expansive collection of art spanning seven centuries.Recommended by - I Escape
Amazing value for a funky no-frills boutique hotel in vibrant Nansengade neighbourhood. With a focus on local talent you will find unique interiors and a community feel. There are 3 excellent restaurants tied to the hotel and the excellent breakfast is mostly organic, seasonal and local. See More
Axel Guldsmeden Copenhagen 212 rooms from €157City Style - A slick Balineses-style hotel adorned with Persian rugs and Buddha stone statues, in the vibrant Vesterbro district.Spa breaks - Pure indulgence with a Balinese influence, their organic spa products are made in the kitchen every morning.Hotel Entertainment - Take an afternoon off sightseeing and visit the candlelit spa, followed by a coffee in the leafy courtyard.Sights nearby - There is plenty to see, you are near the Little Mermaid statue on the waterfront and opposite the citadel.Recommended by - Frommers
Balinese decoration and an organic restaurant, in the hip Vesterbro district. A fabulously stylish spot for couples and spa breaks. Beautiful white rooms and suites with pale woods, Persian rugs, teak four posters, and some with private balconies. Enjoy the luxurious roof top spa. See More
Hotel Kong Arthur Copenhagen 155 rooms from €162Great walks - If you are looking for an injection of greenery both Ørstedsparken and the Botanical Gardens are within a 10 minute walk.City Style - Located around a central courtyard, with plenty of light and space, potted plants, chic furnishings and design features.Local markets - Right behind the hotel is the trendy Nansensgade area, filled with independent shops, restaurants, cafes and bars.Spa breaks - The in house Ni'Mat Spa is uber indulgent — spa treatments, massage, facials and an oriental water temple
A grand building set on a secluded cobblestoned alley, near the peaceful Copenhagen lakes. The hotel has a cosy sitting room with fireplace and airy conservatory dining area. Bedrooms are uniquely decorated and featuring chic Danish design. A great spot with three fine restaurants. See More
Copenhagen Strand Hotel Copenhagen 174 rooms from €150Local exploring - Location is everything at this waterfront hotel, within easy reach of NNyhavn’s, Christiansborg, Strøget and Amalienborg.Museums - Visit Museum Island and view the exhibitions in Tøjhusmuseet, the Theatre Museum or the Thorvaldsen Museum, to name a few.Sights nearby - Admire the architecture of Christian IV’s Brewery, one of Copenhagen's oldest buildings.Cycling - Hire a bike and head over the cycle bridge that leads to Christianshavn.
A chic waterfront property boasting an excellent central location. Rooms are typically Scandinavian in style with pale blue tones, wooden floors and plenty of light. Danish breakfasts are served in the stylish breakfast room and many of the city's main attractions are just a stroll away. See More
Hotel Alexandra Copenhagen 61 rooms from €175City Style - A passion for Danish designers of the chair is reflected in the meticulously crafted rooms, each paying homage to one the greatsSights nearby - Just steps from Rådhuspladsen, aka City Hall Square, where many of the city's events, demonstrations & celebrations take placeLocal exploring - The hotel has custom made a guidebook of a curated selection of bookshops, & another for nightlife, restaurants, flea marketsOther Activities - Tivoli Gardens, Copenhagen's famed amusement park and pleasure gardens are just around the corner and a must see.Recommended by - Tablet
CPH Living Copenhagen 12 rooms from €179City Style - A unique expereince in hip Christianshavn, everything from deck to cabins are imbued with a muted sense of Danish design flare.Other Activities - A must see is the hippie settlement of Christiania, full of artists & free thinkers who have made their home there since 1971.Unusual - The city's only 'boat-el' offers simple elegant rooms, and floor to ceiling windows overlooking the river.Sights nearby - Grab a ride on one of the city's boat tours, from Nyhavn area, about 15 mins on foot from the hotel.Recommended by - I Escape
Hotel Danmark Copenhagen 89 rooms from €183City Style - An upscale boutique offering carefully curated interiors — minimlaist vibes with just enough design flare to keep us guessing.Hotel Entertainment - The rooftop terrace is a must for guests and locals alike — filled with potted plants, comfy seats and DJs through the summerGroups - There are two bunk dorms which offer multiple beds, reasonable prices and the same effortless style that defines the hotel.Great walks - Wander through the local area and admire the half-timbered houses and cobblestoned streets.
Kokkedal Castle Copenhagen 62 rooms from €187Country Escape - A secluded rural property on the beautiful Danish Riviera.Sights nearby - Visit the majestic Kronborg Castle.Swimming Pool - Indoor poolRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
A fairy-tale like Castle situated just outside Copenhagen on the Danish Riviera. Contemporary rooms are simply styled with soft hues, plenty of light, striped head boards and luxurious bathrooms. An indulgent spa, two fabulous restaurants and sophisticated bar make this a special stay. See More
Andersen Hotel Copenhagen 73 rooms from €192Other Activities - The hotel offers a communal knit basket where you can add a few rows to the scarves they donate to local homeless charities.City Style - A vibrant and quirky hotel dotted with design features in Vesterbro, Copenhagen’s glamourous meatpacking district.Designer Shopping - Copenhagen’s most hip quarter, Vesterbro is a haven for shopping, restaurants and bars.Sights nearby - Check out the nearby trendy boroughs of Istedgade, Halmtorvet, and Værnedamsvej.Recommended by - Tablet
CitizenM Radhuspladsen Copenhagen 238 rooms from €195City Style - A stylish arty central base great for shopping and sightseeing. Kick back with a book in the airy lounge or cocktail at the bar.Sights nearby - A 20 minute walk will take you to Christiansborg Palace, a palace and government building on the islet of Slotsholmen.Museums - Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek is within a short walk of the hotel, home to the private art collection of Carl Jacobsen.Designer Shopping - There is something for everyone and every budget on Strøget with both high-street and high-end shopping.
A modern and quirky central hotel featuring murals and artwork by established Danish artists. The jazzy open-plan lobby is the real focal point, with a multitude of comfy bright sofas, statement lamps and carpets, and a hip bar. Rooms boast enormous beds and great views. A hip and buzzing base! See More
Scandic Palace Hotel Copenhagen 169 rooms from €195Retro/Vintage - Designed by architect Anton Rosen in 1910, it was seen as ahead of its time, though it is now a protected monumentLocal exploring - The hotel is a city-centre landmark in itself — perfect for exploring the sights and sounds of CopenhagenSights nearby - Dive into a world of fantasy and magic at the Hans Christian Andersen Fairy-Tale House, right beside the hotel.Great walks - Just a five minute walk brings you to Tivoli Gardens, an ideal spot for a relaxed afternoon walk.
Set in a historic building near the city hall, Scandic Palace Hotel is ideally placed for a trip to Copenhagen. The rooms are comfortable and light with fashionable furnishings. Downstairs, the restaurant serves Nordic cuisine and the hotel's atmospheric bar is a great place to enjoy a cocktail. See More
Copenhagen Island Hotel Copenhagen (Vesterbro) 326 rooms from €178City Style - A sleek contemporary hotel designed by Danish architect Kim Utzon, all glass and marble, clean lines and plenty of lightClose to nightlife - Throw on your glad rags and head across the bridge to the Meatpacking district to soak up the lively nightlife on offer.Other Activities - Spend the day swimming in Havnebadet Fisketorvet's collection of outdoor pools.Restaurant - The Harbour restaurant offers a la carte fine dining and fabulous water views
SP34 Copenhagen 118 rooms from €209City Style - Leading the pack, the hotel is frequented by creatives and artists drawn by the pared-down Nordic style and vibrant social sceneClose to nightlife - Friday nights are when this place comes alive, with live DJ sets and free concerts and a trendy crowd of localsHotel Entertainment - The small in house cinema offers a cosy screening and the lobby bar has a wine hour every evening from 5pm.Foodies - With three distinct and excellent restaurants, a rooftop bar and a port collection that is hard to rival.
Skovshoved Hotel Copenhagen (2920 Charlottenlund) 22 rooms from €218Country Escape - Soak up the stylish seaside vibes of Copenhagen's answer to the Hamptons — a chic and tranquil seaside villageCycling - Make like a local and rent one of the hotels bike to cycle into the big deer park or along the coast.Other Activities - The private bathing jetty is ideal for those guests who like to start their day off with a splash.Restaurant - A Hereford Beefstouw specialises in quality steaks but also serves plenty of seafood and vegetarian dishes.Recommended by - I Escape, Michelin Travel
A country and seaside retreat just outside Copenhagen. It oozes romance and elegance, but with a hip twist. Ethereal bedrooms with white washed walls, four poster beds, wooden floors and sea views. This chic, historical, family run hotel is a perfect place to stay, whoever you are. See More
Absalon Hotel Copenhagen 161 rooms from €198Designer Shopping - Just a ten minute walk to Strøget, the city's famous pedestrianised shopping street where you can find all the top designers.City Style - A hip hotel with a vibrant colour scheme and a stylish bar, right on the edge of the city’s famed Meatpacking District.Close to nightlife - Grab a cocktail at the in house bar before heading out to explore the old taverns and trendy joints of nearby Istedgade.Local exploring - Right by the central train station, and within five minutes walk of Vesterbro, the Meatpacking District and Tivoli.Recommended by - Tablet
A stylish hotel on the edge of the trendy meat-packing district. Individually styled rooms feature warm hues, sash windows and contemporary bathrooms. A trendy bar is the ideal place for an evening cocktail. A Scandinavian styled breakfast fills you up for city exploration - right on your doorstep. See More
Kurhotel Skodsborg Copenhagen 83 rooms from €214Back to Nature - Sandwiched between Dyrehave, 1,000 acres of deer filled forest, and a pebbly beach on the coast of Oresund.Spa breaks - The extensive and well-equipped spa offers everything from pampering to reflexology and physiotherapy.Cooking classes - There are cookery classes available, make sure to book one in so you can keep up the healthy eating at home!Sights nearby - Take a trip back in time and see this historic region from a horse-drawn carriage
Rest and recharge at this stately Nordic hotel and spa. There is plenty of attention to detail in the soft interior design of the rooms and suites, with the best offering French doors opening onto a balcony and seaviews. The bright and inviting spa has a range of luxury packages. An ideal spa break. See More
Hotel Skt Petri Copenhagen 288 rooms from €289City Style - Wonderfully located in downtown Copenhagen, with interior colour schemes by renowned Danish graphic artist Per Arnoldi.Learning - Half an hour walk away is Banja Rathnov a hidden gem of a gallery that comes well recommended by the hotel.Designer Shopping - Baum und Pferdgarten is a quintessentially Danish fashion brand situated just 5 minutes from the hotel.Great walks - Superkilen is an urban park designed by some of Denmark's leading architects. A must visit.Recommended by - Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Fodors, Tablet
This perfectly located, reasonably priced, luxury hotel is a favourite in Copenhagen. Rooms are bright and airy with Jensen beds. A stand out buffet breakfast and an excellent range of microbrewed beers are offered. Business people, families and couples will all feel at home here. A slick choice. See More
Nyhavn 71 Copenhagen 150 rooms from €295Local exploring - Overlooking the Nyhavn dockyard, and walkable to many of the city's finest sights, this designer hotel is ideal for exploring.Sights nearby - Nip around the corner to Amalienborg, the queen´s official residence, designed by the architect Nicolai Eigtved in the 1750s.Designer Shopping - Strøget, Copenhagen’s main shopping street, is 650 metres away and is filled with local and international fashion brands.Foodies - The fabulously innovative SEA by Kiin Kiin (of the Michelin-starred Kiin Kiin) serves up unbeatable southeast Asian dishes.Recommended by - Fodors
Designer hotel in converted warehouse. Rooms feature wooden beam ceilings, contemporary furniture, artworks and leather furniture. Excellent restaurant offering international cuisine. Slick and chic, although standard room size means it is worth upgrading to two-floor suite. See More
Manon Les Suites Copenhagen 80 rooms from €281Hotel Entertainment - You may find it hard to leave the hotel — take a dive in the central pool or lounge amognst the pots of herbs on the roof.City Style - Boasting stylish suites, a courtyard pool and rooftop terrace this is a hit with the young and fashionable.Local markets - Sample the wares at the food stalls in Torvehallerne, a covered market filled with local produce and food.Great walks - You are spoilt for choice — head off and admire the scenic lakes, or take a wander to Ørstedsparken.
A vibrant hotel boasting the most instagramable atrium in Copenhagen. Centred around a rainforest-esq courtyard pool complete with dangling fish lanterns. Contemporary suites feature large expanses of glass opening out onto great city views and the atmospheric rooftop terrace is hit with locals. See More
Hotel Sanders Copenhagen 54 rooms from €362City Style - This cool and collected hotel has taken Copenhangen by storm, the perfect city break for the modern travellerTotal relaxation - Cocktails on the rooftop, gourmet cuisine downstairs and an in room massage- what could be better!Romantic Break - An elegant and atmospheric hotel, ideal for a chic getaway for twoSights nearby - Within walking distance of the main attractions of the city, as well as plenty of bars and restaurants
An effortlessly elegant boutique in the heart of Copenhagen. With soft furnishings, neutral tones and fine attention to detail, each room comes with its own charms. The roof terrace serves knockout cocktails, while downstairs the bistro style restaurant never fails to impress. A timeless classic. See More
The Socialist, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel Copenhagen 31 rooms from €431Learning - The hotel has a wide range of contemporary art on loan from a nearby gallery, if anything catches your eye it is mostly for saleCity Style - A grown-up and stylish property featuring industrial chic interoirs, a fantastic range of modern art and a vibey cocktail bar.Sights nearby - Take a stroll down to nearby Christiansborg Palace, spectacular spot on the little island of Slotsholmen.Restaurant - Bobo Food Studio is open round the clock and overseen by a former head chef from Noma and Maze
Nimb Hotel Copenhagen 17 rooms from €376City Style - An ultra chic Arabian fantasy castle, nestled in the lovely Tivoli Gardens, with glass chandeliers and Øland granite stonework.Foodies - From Nimb Brasserie to Fru Nimb and Nimb Terrasse this hotel has a multitude of fantastic dining (and drinking) options.Sights nearby - Edvard Eriksen’s diminutive Little Mermaid statue can be viewed from Langelinie promenade, a twenty minute cycle from the hotel.Great walks - Stroll around the ajoining Tivoli Gardens, these historic gardens date back to 1843.Recommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels, Michelin Travel, Mr & Mrs Smith
Early 20th-century Moorish-inspired palace becomes a sleek new design hotel. The exteriors carry a fairytale appeal, but the inside is all smart sophistication with antiques, warm wood floors and bold modern pieces. Sumptuous bedrooms and gastronomic feasts in all of the great restaurants. See More
Nobis Copenhagen Copenhagen (København V) 75 rooms from €522Local exploring - A luxurious base ideally placed in the centre of the city just opposite the Tivoli Gardens, you couldn't pick a better spot.City Style - A tour de force in Nordic design — marble, wood and poured concrete mix with textured fabrics and funky light fixturesGreat walks - Make the most of your prime location and take a stroll through the scenic Tivoli Gardens.Restaurant - NOI Restaurant presents dishes which are influenced by cuisines from around EuropeRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Design Hotels
A grand hotel set in the heart of the city. Expect Scandi design at its finest in this luxurious property. Rooms feature high ceilings, block colouring and minimalist furniture. A fabulous restaurant serves a fusion of Nordic and French cuisine, there's an elegant bar and a small spa too. See More
d'Angleterre Copenhagen 90 rooms from €645Families - Every child is given a Lego toy at check in, and extra kids beds are set up in an in room tent complete with duck soft-toy.City Style - Set in a former palace, with views of many of the city's sights from the roof terrace, this is a luxurious choice.Foodies - Do not missed the Michelin starred restaurant Marchal which champions classic French cuisineGreat walks - Take an evening walk from Kongens Nytorv to the harbour front just south of the Royal Playhouse.