Saint Jean Cap Ferrat
Search the best hotels in Saint Jean Cap Ferrat
About Saint Jean Cap Ferrat
A haven of lush gardens and grand private villas on a rocky wind-swept peninsula, Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat epitomises the tranquil, old-school glamour of the French Riviera. Once popular with the likes of Charlie Chaplin and David Niven, it remains remarkably unspoilt by the crowds which descend on the region each summer. If you’re dreaming of fabulous food, beautiful heritage architecture and wonderful beach days, you’re in the right spot. Selected for their location, amenities and design, our pick of the best places to stay in Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat are brilliant for friends, families and couples alike.
Amble along 14 kilometres of striking coastal trails, stretching right to the wild, windy tip of the peninsula, or wind your way between the Belle Epoque mansions of the town centre on paved and shaded paths. The Sentier du Littoral is a delight for hikers and explorers. Heritage buffs and art lovers, on the other hand, will delight in visiting Villa Kerylos, a true-to-size replica of an ancient Greek villa, built in the 1900s by French archaeologist Theodore Reinach. The lavish Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild — also called Villa Île-de-France — houses 5000 works of art and features superb gardens, whilst the ornate Chapelle de Saint Pierre des Pêcheurs in Villefranche is a historic delight.
For sun-drenched days at the seaside, head to Paloma Beach. Swim, sunbathe, sail, hire a boat for the day or try scuba diving with the reputed The Cap Ferrat Diving School. There are fantastic bars and seafood eateries for long lunches or picturesque sundowners, too. Grand, imposing and with famous restaurants of their own, the best places to stay in Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat also promise a dining experience to remember.
The Best Places to Stay in Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat
For a Charming B&B
- Brise Marine is a charming Italianate villa with simple, traditional interiors. Owned by the same family for three generations, this relaxing little B&B offers a warm welcome, big breakfasts on the terrace and striking sea views from gardens and private balconies. Well-located for exploring.
For Timeless Glamour
- The Grand-Hotel du Cap-Ferrat, now a Four Seasons property, is a Cap Ferrat landmark, with splendid rooms offering views from Nice to Monaco. Expect Michelin-starred cuisine, a sumptuous spa, suites with private pools, a beach club and crisp, classic interiors. For couples, friends or families.
- Hotel Royal-Riviera was built in 1904 and now — following a recent refurbishment — boasts elegant, neo-Hellenistic style interiors in its 78 rooms & suites, as well as its extensive shared spaces. With a spa, fitness centre, swimming pool, watersports and private beach, it's a favourite with guests of all ages. Gorgeous.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY COTTAGE
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Nice International Airport, 25 minutes from Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat by car. Buses and trains will take slightly longer.
- The Côte d'Azur is famously wonderful for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel during the spring or summer for the best weather, with temperatures peaking around 27°C in June to August — although this is the busiest time of year. May or September are ideal for quieter trips.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Nice.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in the Côte d'Azur.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Saint Jean Cap Ferrat
Best Hotels in Saint Jean Cap Ferrat
Brise Marine Saint Jean Cap Ferrat 18 rooms from €148Local markets - Visit Nice's exuberant flower, fruit and local produce market in the Cours Saleya, just behind the Promenade des Anglais.Great walks - Take in the wonderful views of and from the peninsula by following one of the coastal paths.Sights nearby - La Chapelle Saint HospiceBarefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.
An Italianate villa hotel on Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, only ten km from Nice and Monaco. The simple traditional rooms open onto charming flower-filled terraces with glorious views. A green oasis of calm two minutes walk from beautiful Riviera beaches. See More
Hotel Royal-Riviera Saint Jean Cap Ferrat (Côte d'Azur) 78 rooms from €415Total relaxation - With a spa, restaurant and bar on-site, this hotel has all the ingredients for total relaxation on your next holidayActive Holiday - With a range of activities available through the hotel, there is plenty of offer for more active guestsRomantic Break - Couples will swoon over the spacious suites in the hotel with high ceilings and luxurious linensSurfing - Get out early to enjoy the best waves with surfing available from the hotel's private sandy beach
This luxury resort is located in Saint Jean Cap Ferrat on the exclusive Côte d'Azur. Rooms are individually designed and are split across the main building and the Orangerie. Most have a private terrace or balcony with sea, mountain or garden views. Unwind at the poolside bar at this elegant hotel. See More
Grand Hotel du Cap-Ferrat Saint Jean Cap Ferrat (06230 Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat) 73 rooms from €928Romantic Break - In a stunning location, surrounded by romantic gardens and terraces, this is an ideal spot for a luxurious getaway for twoFoodies - Enjoy stunning Mediterranean cuisine at Le Cap Restaurant which boasts 1 Michelin starSights nearby - Head to the villas of Santo Sospir and Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild, as interesting as they are magnificentSwimming Pool - Stunning saltwater infinity pool that literally hangs above the Med, plus another indoor pool in the spa
Luxury hotel which oozes sunny decadence. Contemporary interiors retain their art deco features and its quintessential Riviera character, with grand high ceilings, arches and colonnades; while light-filled rooms have a fresh palette and tasteful decor. The Michelin starred restaurant seals the deal! See More