Search the best hotels in Alpes Maritimes
About Alpes Maritimes
The Alpes-Maritimes département can be divided into three when it comes to visitors. Some visitors are here for the coast, most especially the Côte d'Azur and its multicoloured jewels, Nice, Cannes, St Tropez, Antibes, Cap Ferrat, Juan Les Pins, Menton, Fréjus and St Raphael for example. Some visitors are here for the mountains and their ski resorts, such as Isola 2000, Valberg and Auron. And some visitors come for the green rural stretches between the mountains and the coast, dotted with particularly charming villages. Choosing the best places to stay in ?Alpes-Maritimes is highly dependant on why you've chosen to visit the region.
Because of its position by the Italian border, some of the Alpes-Maritimes has previously been within Italy, so this region has its own, slightly more Italian flavour.
Our selection here of the best places to stay in the Alpes Maritimes feature off the beaten track properties, in the mountains. If you're looking for something closer to civilisation, check out our recommendations for the best places to stay in the Cote D'Azur.
The Best Places to Stay in the Alpes Maritimes
The Best Places to Stay in the Alpes Maritimes for winter sports
- The Villa Morelia is a stunning chateau hotel set within beautiful grounds with views of the surrounding mountains and National Park. You're just a few miles from the ski resorts, but in your own luxurious haven of peace.
The Best Places to Stay in the Alpes Maritimes for a total escape
- La Bonne Etape is an 18 room hotel converted from an elegant, 17th Century house. As well as the charming features indoors, you're surrounded by a lovely garden and hill views. The hotel has two good restaurants, serving local specialities - and they also run cooking and baking classes, and there are a number of excellent local markets.
Still not sure which is the best hotel in the Alpes Maritimes for you?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in the Alpes-Maritimes?
- Expand your search to include our Guru's recommendations for 10 of the Best Hotels in the Côte d'Azur’s Hills?
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Alpes Maritimes
Villa Morelia 21 rooms from £105Jausiers, Alpes Maritimes
Stunning chateau with panoramic views of the hills and mountains around, and a few miles from ski resorts and a National Park. Steeped in luxury from the rooms to the food to the beautiful grounds with a swimming pool. A luxurious pad for an active holiday.Active HolidayLocal exploringSwimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor Pool overlooking the VillaSpaRecommended by - Sawdays
La Bonne Etape 18 rooms from £155Alpes Maritimes
A traditional hotel in a 17th century house. Rooms are elegant with drapes, parquet floors and hill views. Garden, terrace, an outdoor pool, and bicycles are available from hotel. Lovely regional cuisine in the hotel's two restaurants. Opulent, warm and welcoming.Local exploring - Balloon rides, riding, fishing and walks are on the doorstep, as well as the region's historic villagesCooking classes - In hotel kitchen. Bakery classes also availableLocal markets - On Sundays and Thursdays: food and antiquesSights nearby - Citadel of SisteronRecommended by - Michelin Travel, Relais & Chateaux