Search the best hotels in East Hampton
About East Hampton
The Hamptons are a string of seaside villages and hamlets on the southern fork of Long Island promising lazy days spent on golden sand, backed by rolling dunes and pretty towns. None are prettier than East Hampton where you’ll find the summer houses belonging to some of the highest profile residents. Thus an escape to East Hampton offers the opportunity to catch some seriously impressive local readings, theatre productions and exhibitions. The best places to stay in East Hampton don’t come cheap, but our Guru’s list does include some of the best in all the Hamptons!
What Not To Miss
- Take a tranquil stroll around LongHouse Reserve, beautifully manicured 16-acre gardens with numerous sculptures.
- Or totally unwind on main beach with its vast expanse of white sand - the beach often has excellent waves making it a popular spot for surfers.
- Pollock-Krasner House and Study Center offers visitors a fascinating glimpse into how artists Jackson Pollock and Lee Krasner lived and worked.
- Or catch a show at the wonderfully historic Guild Hall - there's also a museum with various exhibits.
Our pick of the best places to stay to stay in East Hampton are wonderfully relaxing spots - ideal for enjoying the summer holidays.
The best places to stay in East Hampton
- c/o The Maidstone is an eclectic Scandinavian inspired hotel with 19 individually designed rooms and beautiful private gardens. There’s also a wonderful American-Scandinavian restaurant and yoga classes offered in The Buddha Relaxation Garden.
For chilling out
- Just outside East Hampton you'll find the Inn at Windmill Lane, a collection of beautifully designed cottages and suites, just made for rest and relaxation!
- The 1770 House is an intimate, seven room, colonial era inn in the heart of East Hampton Village. As well as the original architectural features there are lovely antiques, a library and beautiful gardens. The restaurant offers both fine dining and there's a tavern for more relaxed traditional pub fare. Guests will find plenty of peace here, but they’re only a short stroll from beaches and the pleasures of town.
For a luxury B&B
- The Baker House 1650 is a wonderful Arts and Crafts inspired mansion with beautifully manicured gardens and six charming rooms. Breakfast is served in your room or on the terrace, and there’s the opportunity to play golf or tennis locally, or sample the local bars and restaurants of East Hampton Village.
For an apartment or cottage
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a selection of properties ideal for making the most of the seaside.
- Fly to Long Island MacArthur Airport located 83km (52 miles) from East Hampton with a range of flights across the U.S.
- There is also a rail link between Manhattan and East Hampton.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the beautiful coastline - for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - June to August to make the most of the beaches.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in East Hampton
c/o The Maidstone 19 rooms from €205East Hampton
Eclectic and Scandinavian-inspired hotel in the Hamptons with unique and individually designed stylish rooms. Relax in the private gardens, cycle the 1 mile trip to the beautiful white sands of the East Hampton beach, and dine at the intimate and richly decorated American-Scandinavian restaurant.Beach Life - Rooms come with a much-coveted beach parking permit, towels, umbrellas and loungers for the white sands of East Hampton beachTotal relaxation - The Buddha Relaxation Garden offers yoga sessions, and the private gardens provide the perfect oasis.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Back to NatureRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
The 1770 House 7 rooms from €228East Hampton
Intimate inn just minutes from the heart of East Hampton Village. Retaining its original architecture and colonial charm, the rooms boast antique furnishings complimented by luxurious, modern amenities. The comfort is enhanced by beautiful gardens, a stylish library, and first-class dining.Beach Life - Coopers Beach in Southampton, or the sandy flats of Main Beach in East Hampton, both a short distance away.Back to Nature - With beautiful gardens and a short distance to picturesque beaches.Swimming Pool - Not on site, but at the sister property East Hampton Point up the road there is a secluded poolFull of characterRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
The Baker House 1650 6 rooms from €241East Hampton (New York State)
Arts and Crafts inspired architecture in manicured gardens with a pool and spa. British in feel, rooms are contemporary and luxurious. Breakfast is served in-room or on the terrace. East Hampton offers golf, water sports, tennis, great walks and many dining opportunities with lively bars.Fishing - Deep sea fishing is a popular past time in the area.Minimum Stay - Three night minimum stay at weekendsRestrictions on children - Children over 10 years are welcomeSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
The Inn at Windmill Lane from €328East Hampton (New York State)
A luxurious retreat in The Hamptons with beautifully designated cottages and suites making gorgeous accommodation with wooden floors, wood burning stoves, cathedral style ceilings and enormous bathrooms. Gourmet breakfast served daily, plus complimentary SUV transport and in-room iPads.Great walks - Good for walkers.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Traditional