The Best Places to Stay in the Sierra Nevada National Park
The foothills of the Sierra Nevada National Park are sprinkled with charming little villages and hamlets, but the higher elevations are dramatic, snowcapped and a bit wild, craggy and exciting. During summer this is a fantastic place for a hiking or trekking adventure, what with having the highest peak on mainland Spain, but in winter the weather can be almost as dramatic as the terrain, so it’s better to stick to the foothills, or else the ski resorts. Our pick of the best places to stay in Sierra Nevada National Park are ideal whatever the season. Our Guru’s recommendations include a couple of properties within the boundaries of the park, but we'd advise anyone who wants to day trip to stay in Granada. There’s a good price range in their recommendations too, but what they do all have in common are their amazing views! Use our guide to the best places to stay in the Sierra Nevada National Park and start to plan your stay. But remember that in peak season (both summer and winter) they will be very busy, so do your homework and book well ahead.
Within the Sierra Nevada National Park
- El Lodge has about the best location going, on the Granada side of the park, tucked under the Pico Veleta. This upscale hotel has 20 carefully designed rooms featuring old ski posters and antler chandeliers, plus all the rooms open out onto a balcony or terrace. There’s a fine dining restaurant and a chic bar.
The Best Hotels in the Sierra Nevada To Escape to
- La Almunia del Valle is a fantastic, 11 room guesthouse in the hills just below the national park. The traditional stone building has been beautifully modernised so that many of the original features survive. The views from the terrace and the pool are amazing.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in the Sienna Nevada National Park for you? You could:
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in the Sierra Nevada National Park?
- Or refine your search to the best places to stay in Sierra Nevada (the ski resort)?
- You might want to Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Granada?
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
El Lodge Sierra Nevada 20 rooms from €500Active Holiday - Skiing being the main point of interest here, you may also opt to hike or go mountain biking in the surrounding mountains.Families - The ideal playground for the whole family, from the stunning spa and bar for adults to the basement kids club.Back to Nature - Enjoy the sweeping mountain views from the rooms, the restaurant and the spa and pool area as well.Local markets - A 30 minute ride away, explore Granada, an interesting city for its history and culture.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
An upscale luxury hotel in a stunning location. Plush designer rooms feature old school ski posters, animal prints, and antler chandeliers. All rooms open out to a balcony or terrace and some come with hot tubs. Enjoy the fine dining restaurant, chic bar and cosy lounge. A cool mountain retreat. See More
La Almunia del Valle Granada (Monachil) 11 rooms from €129Views - Great views from hotelActive HolidaySights nearby - The Alhambra in Granada is just 5 miles awaySwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
Fantastic guesthouse in the hills of Sierra Nevada National Park. A traditional stone building with charming rooms that blend contemporary elements with stone floors, fireplaces, wooden beams and creamy furnishings. Fantastic views from terraces, pool, excellent food, and lots of activities around. See More