Villas and Holiday Rentals in Provence
Provence has long been a favourite for holiday makers with its picture perfect lavender fields, beautiful medieval hilltop villages, historic towns and cities, vineyards and of course the coast. It also promises nearly year-round sunshine and some of the most mouth-watering food you're likely to try anywhere. Accommodation options are equally as diverse — you'll find everything here from simple B&Bs and campsites to all-singing-all-dancing luxury hotels with every facility imaginable. There's also a huge range when it comes to villas and holiday rentals; do you want a villa with a pool, an apartment in town, a rural bolthole for two or are you planning a family celebration and want to take over an entire chateau? We've done the research for you and selected a range of providers which we think offer a range to suit all tastes and budgets, whether you're after a cheap and cheerful holiday apartment or something with all the luxuries (and often more) that you've come to expect at home.
Our quick guide:
- For great value — Booking.com
- For luxury — Oliver's Travels
- For French Specialists — Pure France
- For a hand picked selection — Plum Guide
Pure France specialises in holiday accommodation throughout France.
- High quality self catering properties
- Wide range from apartments to chateaux, sleeping from 2 to 20+ and
- All properties feature a swimming pool whether private or shared.
- Rentals on a weekly basis, but in shoulder and low season some may be available for shorter stays (minimum 2 or 3 nights).
- Prices start from as little as €375 per room per week
Booking.com is one of the behemoths of the travel industry. It has worldwide coverage and lists more than 28 million properties all over the globe.
- Booking.com has a growing number of self catering properties for all tastes and budgets.
- From the most basic studios, to seriously high-end properties with swanky pools and much more!
- Yes you will have to trawl through a long list of possibles, but you certainly won't lack for choice.
Oliver's Travels has long experience in the business; its portfolio now extends beyond the UK and Europe to Morocco, the Caribbean, Mexico and the Far East.
- Prides itself on giving its clients all the information they need to book their holiday accommodation (including all the negative points)
- Focuses on supplying quality properties
- Their trademark is not just luxury, but also quirky, one-off style properties from beach-huts to chateaux
- Lots of family-friendly choices
- Their prices average at around £700 per room per week
Plum Guide hand picks every property that it features with a meticulous vetting procedure to guarantee the high quality that their client base expects.
- A portfolio of chic properties around the world from the UK to European hot spots (Spain, France, Italy, Greece, Portugal, Croatia), the USA and beyond.
- Prices start from as little as £300 for a week.
- Properties in both urban and rural locations