Search the best hotels in Grenada
Small and verdant green, this 'Spice Isle' really does smell delicious. But it's not just spices that this paradise produces a bounty of, it's also covered with fruit and flowers — it's won numerous Gold Medals at the Chelsea Flower Show. And, of course, its beaches are wonderful! Most of Grenada's visitors head for the island's south, near the pretty capital, St. George’s, where you’ll find both the best places to stay on Grenada and the best beaches. The accommodation options here are fairly wide ranging, from great value, family friendly hideaways, to all-singing-all-dancing luxury beach resorts.
If you want to spend all your time on the beach definitely head south from St George’s, though the airport is conveniently located for many of the best beach resorts, but if you’re looking for a bit more of a cultural element try St George’s itself, or else stay at the beach and then head north and into the interior during your explorations — the Gurus recommend a car in Grenada. Grenada's natural attractions include some exceptionally picturesque waterfalls, tropical gardens, and even more beaches, bays and coves, and divers and snorkellers will also find much to interest them below the waves, so it’s quite useful to have a car.
Where to Stay in Grenada? Which Part?
- St. George’s natural horseshoe shaped harbour, called Carenage, is one of the most stunning in the Caribbean, and today it’s lined with handsome buildings housing interesting boutiques and bars, and restaurants and cafes that spill cheerfully out towards the water. At the northern end you’ll find the Georgian architecture and colourful fishing boats. Behind the harbour are narrow streets which wind up several small hills, which are were you’ll find some of the best places to stay in Grenada if you’re looking for somewhere small and romantic with great views. At the top of St George’s’ hills are several forts, the largest being a French fort built in 1705. These forts, and the tunnels that run between them, are some of the main sights of St. George’s aside from the coastline. St George’s also has some wonderful markets, and fantastic seafood restaurants.
- The coastline around St George’s, especially on the southern side, is where you’ll find many of Grenada’s beach resorts, and some of the island’s most perfect beaches. Grand Anse Beach is one of the most famous, lauded world over for its Caribbean perfection.
- Just south of Grand Anse is Morne Rouge Bay, another stretch of snow-white sand and crystal clear blue water.
- And south from there again, on the southern coast of the island, is Lance aux Epines, a peninsular of beautiful beaches, scooped harbours and marinas.
- Gouyave is pretty too, it’s a semi-converted fishing village just north of St George’s.
- Aside from St. Georges, and the stunning surrounding beaches, most of Grenada is pretty under-developed as far as tourism is concerned. But if you’re looking for a Caribbean idyll like the locals seem to have then it is worth checking out some of the smaller towns. Our Gurus recommend Sauteurs, on Grenada’s northern tip, a colourful little town with an impressive church and a long, long stretch of beach backed by coconut palms. Even if you’re not interested in staying outside of St George’s it is well worth taking a drive into the gorgeous green hills just to smell the air, to see the local fruit and spice farms and to experience the vibrant local culture.
- Off Grenada's coast are its little islands, pretty Carriacou and dozy, Petite Martinique, as well as the really tiny ones. Carriacou’s Hillsborough is one of the few centres on the islands, and it’s a really charming couple of streets, with mostly Caribbean-style wooden houses with plenty of ocean views showing though in between. This is one of the best places to say in Grenada if you’re looking for a real escape — and not the kind referred to in the brochures as ‘barefoot luxury’.
You might think of Grenada as Caribbean perfection, and you’d not be wrong there, but the cliche it doesn’t tally with is price, and we think you’ll find many of our recommendations for the best places too stay in Grenada pleasantly affordable, as well as idyllic looking.
The Best Places to Stay in Grenada
For a Hideaway Hotel
- Laluna is probably one of the best places to stay in Grenada if you're here for a special occasion or you’re looking for an idyllic island escape. There are 16 luxurious cottages and villas, which sleep between two and ten, and are decorated with Balinese detailing and minimal design. Some have private plunge pools. The restaurant is surprisingly Italian, with authentic Italian ingredients and produce, and there’s a top of the range spa and a yoga centre.
- Right up against the palm-fringed beach at Lance aux Epines, the Calabash Hotel is a five star paradise with 30 gorgeous suites. Expect private pools and balconies with sea views, plus romantic, traditional Caribbean holiday furnishings. Breakfast will be prepared for you daily on your balcony, and of an evening there’s the award-winning restaurant by Gary Rhodes. And there’s a top of the range spa.
The Most Romantic Places to Stay in Grenada
- Silversands is a dazzling, sophisticated resort, with carefully designed buildings that nudge stylishly up against Grand Anse Beach. This is the sort of place where every detail has been thought through, down to the option of an unpacking service. The 43 rooms and suites are clever and beautifully minimal with surfaces you want to run your hands over. The restaurants are excellent, as is the Puro, Cigar and Rum Lounge, and the lively beach club with its resident DJ. And its 100meter infinity pool is the longest in the Caribbean.
- Maca Bana is a four star collection of one and two bedroom villas which run down a hill towards a classically beautiful Caribbean beach. The decor isn’t contemporary, but the villas are light and large, with great views, private kitchens and living areas, and sun decks with private hot tubs. The hotel has a large pool, a fine dining restaurant, and a beach bar.
- La Sagesse Nature Resort is a small and charming hotel, with just 12 rooms, suites and cottages, all snuggled right up against one of Grenada's untouched beaches, La Sagesse. There's a beachfront restaurant to help you take full advantage of the beauty of your surroundings, and the choice of rooms, with suites and cottages sleeping up to four, mean it's a comfortable spot for families. Bear in mind there are no phones, TVs, radios or DVD players in the rooms.
- Close to Lance aux Epines, the True Blue Bay Resort is another good choice for families, with 49 rooms, suites and two bedroom ‘Club’ villas — which have private balconies and kitchenettes, and all the mod. cons. a family might need on holiday. The main hotel sits just back from the ocean and the marina, in a perfect spot for sailing and watersports, but there are topical landscaped gardens with some hidden away rooms and suites if you need more privacy. True Blue also has a large pool with a slide. And an excellent Caribbean restaurant.
- Mount Cinnamon is a boutique beachside hotel, built into a hill so that its one and two bedroom villas, the latter of which are perfect for families, can all see over each other and out to sea. The accommodation is stylish and colourful, with kitchenettes and balconies, plenty of colourful artwork. There's also a spa, a restaurant, a beach cabana and a pool.
For a beach resort
- The Spice Island Beach Resort is an all-inclusive, tropical paradise stunner on Grand Anse Beach, with every facility you can imagine you might need and then some more. There are 64 rooms and suites, with tropical-feeing decor and sea views wherever you look. The resort has a kid’s club, private pools, a diving school, tennis courts, a spa and two restaurants.
For great value
- Affordable, comfortable and family friendly, the Blue Horizons Garden Resort offers some of the best value accommodation on Grenada. There are just 32 rooms and suites, plus an enormous pool, a children's playground, extensive gardens where an amazing array of indigenous birds have made their homes, and a great restaurant serving traditional West Indian cuisine.
Prefer An Apartment or Villa?
- If you’d prefer to stay in a self-catering apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner, booking.com.
- If you’re flying, international visitors will arrive in Grenada via the Maurice Bishop International Airport, located on the southwest tip of the island, and close ti the majority of the island’s hotels. Depending on where you’re coming from you’ll probably have to change planes in St Lucia, but once you reach Maurice Bishop International Airport you’re not going to have far to go, with most hotels between five and 15 minutes away. Lots of hotels offer transfers.
- If you’re thinking about hiring a car we recommend checking what our online partners, Rentalcars have to offer.
- Grenada is warm year round, though June to November is the rainy season (with the possibility of hurricanes) so it's best to avoid visiting at this time. If you want decent weather but to avoid the winter peak season then consider coming in April or May.
Still not sure where to stay in Grenada?
- For a wider range of properties you could check out all our Caribbean recommendations?
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in Grenada
Best Hotels in Grenada
La Sagesse Nature Resort St David's, Grenada 12 rooms from £94Beach nearby - La Sagesse beach is one of the most idyllic in Grenada.Value chicBack to Nature - Rooms have no TV's, radios, DVD players or phones.Restaurant - Wonderful beachfront setting.
A charming hotel on one of the best beaches in Grenada. Untouched sand and tropical plantation as soon as you walk out of your room. Basic rooms, suites, and cottages (sleep four) are good value. Beachfront restaurant serving local & international cuisine. Cheap, family friendly, secluded. See More
Blue Horizons Garden Resort St Georges, Grenada 32 rooms from £121Value chic - One of the more affordable places in Grenada.Birdwatching - 21 indigenous species inhabit the hotel's groundsRestaurant - International West Indian style dishes.Swimming Pool - Freshwater outdoor pool
Mount Edgecombe Plantation St Mark's, Grenada 8 rooms from £171Romantic Break - Perfect for couples after peace and quiet. Sunsets, endless sea views and an infinity pool are perfect ingredients for romanceFamilies - Four-bedroom Plantation House is a self-contained home-away-from-home with a kitchen, living & dining area, study & games roomWeddings - Ideal for small weddings. Ceremonies take place on a wrap-around covered veranda with 180 degree views over the sea and estateBack to Nature - Feels completely ensconsed by nature; wake up the sound of birds, walk through the plantation and enjoy uninterrupted views
Historic plantation perched on a tropical hillside amongst lush forest. Made up of a four-bedroom self-catered villa and rooms, this intimate secluded hideaway with cosy colonial decor boasts a sunset-facing infinity pool & bar. Pick your own breakfast from the estate. Hidden gem with rustic charm. See More
Secret Harbour Grenada 20 rooms from £227Total relaxation - The perfect place to do very little; hit the beach, sunbathe by the pool or simply soak in the views from suite terracesHoneymoons - Offers both a wonderfully private feel yet fab location from which to head out and explore should you fancy itPrivate Hot Tub - The best suites come with private sea-facing outdoor hot tubs; the ideal spot for sunsets!Beach Life - The hotel's stunning private white sand beach has loungers just steps from the water
Contemporary boutique beach resort on the water's edge in an idyllic protected bay. Suites & cottages are incredibly comfortable; think sunset-facing hot tubs, spacious living areas & private terraces with killer views. A popular restaurant & bar mean there's no need to leave. Quiet beach haven. See More
True Blue Bay Resort Grenada 49 rooms from £185Watersports - Set on the marina the hotel has excellent access to waterports and sailing.Families - There are some club villas with two bedrooms.Views - Great views from hotelRestaurant - Caribbean cuisine.
Calabash Hotel St Georges, Grenada 30 rooms from £2835* Luxury - Breakfast is served on your private balcony prepared by your personal maidHoneymoons - A tropical paradise with everything you'll need, all in heightened luxury.Foodies - Award-winning cuisine by Gary Rhodes.Spa breaks - Luxurious 'Heaven and Earth' spa.
A tropical paradise with Five Stars and every amenity you can think of. Thirty suites, some with private pools, have sea views, balconies, and romantic furnishings. Award-winning cuisine by celebrity chef Gary Rhodes, top of the range spa, private white sand beach, cabanas, tennis courts. See More
Mount Cinnamon St Georges, Grenada 21 rooms from £308Views - Wonderful views over Grand Anse Beach and out to the Caribbean Sea.Families - Two-bedroom villas are ideal for families.Spa - Facials and beauty treatments.Romantic - Good for couples.
A bright boutique villa-style resort with one and two-bedroom accommodations. Stylish rooms and suites decorated to perfection have DVD players, balconies, and kitchenettes. Relaxation therapies in the spa, pool, stunning views, Clubhouse restaurant and Beach Cabana. Fabulous. See More
Maca Bana St Georges, Grenada from £324Views - Breathtaking views out to seaBeach LifeRomantic BreakRestaurant - The beachfront fine-dining restaurant serves lunch, dinner, and brunch.
An excellent four star option with sumptuous one and two-bedroom villas. Traditional elegance and classical furnishings in the rooms. Private kitchenettes and living areas. Stunning sea views, large pool, and a fine dining restaurant. Luxurious, romantic, and family friendly. See More
Laluna St George's, Grenada 16 rooms from £332Chic - Balinese cottages and villas with minimal designs, sleeps from 2 to 10 peopleFoodies - Fresh food and wine imported from Italy.LuxuryRomantic BreakRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Intimate beachside boutique hotel. Designed in minimal Balinese style, sixteen luxury cottages come with private pools and all the mod cons. Fabulous Italian restaurant uses Italian produce, a top of the range spa and therapeutic treatments, yoga centre, and blue blue sea to swim in. See More
Silversands Grenada 43 rooms from £355Romantic Break - A perfect destination for some lively romance, from the indulgent suites and villas to the in house DJTotal relaxation - Every whim will be answered- they even offer unpacking services. Relaxation is the name of the gameHotel Entertainment - The lively beachclub boasts an in house DJ and the Puro, Cigar & Rum Lounge is worth checking outOther Activities - Check out the state of the art gym and the 100m infinity pool- getting fit never looked so good!
A dazzling new resort oozing sophistication on Grand Anse beach. Designed by Paris-based architects AW2, each detail has been lovingly and painstakingly thought out, and it was worth it! Interiors are clever and paired down, the restaurants are excellent and the pool is the longest in the Caribbean. See More
473 Grenada Boutique Resort Saint Georgeʼs, Grenada 9 rooms from £401Families - Two and three-bedroom villas have been well designed for families. Babysitting on-site means parents can enjoy date nightsBeach Life - Located on the water, guests have direct access to two gorgeous and private white-sand beaches either side of the resortViews - Enjoy views over sparkling turquoise sea, bays and nearby peninsulas from all areas of the propertyHideaway - Tucked away with a very secluded feel, this is for those who value privacy and tranquility
Luxurious all-villa resort on the water in an upmarket residential area. Set amongst mature rainforest and with direct beach access, contemporary one, two and three-bedroom villas offer appealing indoor/outdoor tropical living. Cook in your alfresco kitchen or book a private chef. Private paradise. See More
Spice Island Beach Resort St George, Grenada 64 rooms from £738Beach Life - Directly on a white sand beach, it's the perfect spot.Honeymoons - Stunning interior design in sumptuous suites.LuxuryRomantic BreakRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels