Search the best hotels in Broadway
An archetypal Cotswolds village complete with elegant architecture in golden stone, tea rooms, art galleries and antique shops packed with curios, Broadway is a great base for exploring the region. The 'Broad Way' refers to the road leading from the base of the western Cotswolds escarpment and into town. Along it, you'll find a collection of lovely 16th Century cottages - some of which are now amongst the best places to stay in Broadway - and lovely rural views.
Several famous Britons have called this rural idyll their home, including J.M. Barrie, William Morris, Vaughn Williams and Sir Edward Elgar, and once you arrive it's easy to see why this spot piqued their imaginations.
What Not To Miss
- You're right on the northern side of the Cotswolds, so all around are peacefully rolling rural views. You can take better advantage of these if you opt to stroll a bit of The Cotswolds Way - over 100 miles worth of fabulous walking trails through ancient villages and stunning natural scenery.
- Or do like William Morris did, and spend some time at the Broadway Tower, an ancient beacon site and now home to a Morris exhibition. Situated 1024 feet above sea level, it offers panoramic vistas of around 16 counties as well as housing three floors of graphic displays.
- Broadway also has an outpost of the Ashmolean Museum, set in a lovely Tudor house and filled with a variety of artwork.
- The Gordon Russell Design Museum is a must-see for interior design buffs, housing a wide range of 20th Century furniture reflecting a range of styles and design periods.
Like all Cotswolds hotspots it gets incredibly busy here during the summer months, so if you want to guarantee a bed in one of the best places to stay in Broadway, plan well ahead.
For a special occasion
- Buckland Manor is a charming old manor, set on ten acres of peaceful, beautiful grounds with waterfalls, rose beds and a croquet lawn. There are thirteen rooms inside, as well as several lovely sitting rooms and a dining room where men are required to wear a jacket and tie. Old fashioned civility and lovely service.
- Dormy House is a 38-room country house hotel in the heart of the Cotswolds. The decor is contemporary, but with lots of nice original features, like open fires, oak beams and wood panelling. It has great family facilities and a wonderful spa for some pampering.
- Foxhill Manor, set in a stunning Grade II listed property, features eight tastefully decorated contemporary rooms. With a personal host on hand 24/7 and an array of activities offered on the estate, this is a truly spoiling stay.
- Abbots Grange is a wonderfully picturesque and historic B&B. Surrounded by lovely gardens, their romantic and elegantly decorated rooms feature four posters and bespoke furnishings. An intimate getaway.
For a restaurant with rooms
- Russell's of Broadway is a chic seven-room restaurant-with-rooms almost right on The Cotswolds Way walking trail. The building is a historic charmer, but the rooms have comfortable modern decor with luxurious touches.
For great value
- For great value in Broadway try Windrush House, a five-room guesthouse run by owners who're keen to make you feel as well looked after as possible. Each room has different decor, so make sure you look at a few - they start from £90 per night.
For a holiday cottage
- If you think a self-catering option would best suit your needs then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- Broadway is at its best during the summer, with the average daily temperature climbing to 16°C in July and August.
- This is the best time to head off exploring the surrounding countryside, though as it's peak tourist season it's a good idea to book ahead.
- If you're travelling from London, hop on the train from Paddington to Evesham or to Moreton-in-Marsh. Once here, there are a number of buses which will take you to Broadway.
- International visitors can either fly into Birmingham Airport (50 minutes away), London Gatwick or London Heathrow (both a couple of hours away). The airports are all well served by train and bus links to the Cotswolds.
- If you plan to hire a car, which we strongly advise if you want to explore further afield, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Broadway
Windrush House 5 rooms from £80Broadway, Worcestershire
A guesthouse that sets itself very high standards, impeccably run by friendly owners. Five stylishly designed rooms with feature pretty wallpaper and antique furniture. Indulgent British breakfasts on offer. Lovely gardens to relax in. Well located to explore this lovely corner of the UK.Local exploring - Ideal base for exploring the pretty Cotswolds.Country Escape - A stylish country house with charming owners.Great walks - From the doorstep walk the quintessentially pretty countryside.Sights nearby - Visit Stanway House, Sudeley Castle and Broadway Tower.
Russell's of Broadway 7 rooms from £120Broadway
A chic restaurant-with-rooms in a picture-perfect Cotswold village. Large rooms with high ceilings, exposed stone walls and crisp white linen. Modern bathrooms some with free standing baths. Superb Modern European cuisine. Complete countryside perfection.Foodies - The restaurant is the main focus of the hotel and serves modern cuisine with an emphasis on local produce cooked to perfection.Country Escape - A charming escape set in Englands most picturesque village, with seriously stylish interiors and wonderful service.Sights nearby - Visit the pretty Cotswold villages of Chipping Campden, Burford, Bibury, Moreton in Marsh, Stow-on-the-Wold and Woodstock.Great walks - The famous 95-mile Cotswold Way from Chipping Camden to Bath runs through the village.Recommended by - I Escape, Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Abbots Grange 4 rooms from £135Broadway
A delightful B&B in the Cotswolds, brimming with historical charm. Each room is elegantly appointed with magnificent four poster beds and bespoke furnishings. With sprawling Cotswold's countryside on the doorstep, it's ideal for a romantic weekend escape.Country Escape - An ideal country escape with plush fourposter beds and plenty of Worcestershire and Cotswold landscape to explore.Great walks - Make the most of the beautiful walking trails and landscapes in the surrounding Cotswolds.Sights nearby - Take a day trip to nearby Stratford-Upon-Avon, the home of William Shakespeare.Traditional
East House 4 rooms from £185Broadway
A luxury B&B in one of the most beautiful Cotswold villages. Four elegant rooms are individually styled - some with four posters, some with a fireplace and all with fabulous bathrooms. Welcoming hosts, excellent breakfasts and a cosy lounge this is a perfect spot for a romantic weekend break.Country Escape - A gorgeous country house in an equally beautiful Cotswolds village. Ideal for a country break.Great walks - Discover the Cotswolds countryside on long rambles.Restrictions on children - Adult onlyRomantic - Good for couples.
Buckland Manor 13 rooms from £195Buckland nr Broadway, The Cotswolds
Charming 13th Century manor house, steeped in tradition, on the edge of the Cotswold escarpment. Graceful rooms exude comfort and a timeless elegance. Dress for dinner in the award-winning seasonally inspired restaurant. Explore the beautiful grounds and countryside,Country Escape - Read by the roaring fire, try your hand and tennis and croquet or simply wander the grounds- an ideal country retreat.Great walks - Wander by the river and through the ten acres of beautiful gardens, or head down to the village for a pint.Remote - Off the beaten track.Full of characterRecommended by - Frommers, Relais & Chateaux, Fodors
Lygon Arms 86 rooms from £200Broadway (Worcestershire)
Steeped in history, this inn has a comfortably inviting interior and all the offerings of a contemporary hotel that will appeal to all ages. Great getaway for romantic weekenders, good base for families as well as walkers wanting understated luxury.Local exploring - An historic inn in an historic village well placed to explore the beautiful Cotswolds.Great walks - Take long walks through the picturesque countryside.Swimming Pool - Indoor poolRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Lowerfield Farm 8 rooms from £200Broadway
A quaint farmhouse nestled in a secluded spot in the picturesque Cotswolds. Traditionally styled rooms are simply dressed with a few choice antiques, chintz curtains and soft hues. Expect roaring fires, indulgent breakfasts, long country walks and a warm welcome.Country Escape - A remote farmhouse in the beautiful Cotswold countryside, ideal for weekend escapes.Sights nearby - Visit the north Cotswold villages known for their yellow stone houses and quintessentially British feelGreat walks - Take long walks through the picturesque countryside surrounding the farm.Secluded setting - For escaping.
Dormy House 38 rooms from £210Broadway, The Cotswolds
Newly refurbished country house hotel in the heart of Cotswold country. Oak beams, wooden panelling and open fires complement stylish modern interiors, with tablets as standard for every room, and great facilities for families. Fantastic bolt hole for a pampering country weekend.Sights nearby - The Cotswolds are on your doorstepSpa - Opening in January 2014Swimming Pool - Indoor PoolRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - I Escape
The Broadway Hotel 19 rooms from £250Broadway
A charming small hotel in a pretty Cotswold village. Traditional design throughout has an underlying horse racing theme inspired by the nearby racecourse. Boasting a fantastic brasserie serving up contemporary British fare. A fabulous base for exploring the region.Country Escape - An inviting rural property packed full of quintessental British charm.Great walks - Find miles of picturesque countryside trails to be explored including the Cotswold Way.Sights nearby - Make a trip to the historic Broadway Tower.Full of characterRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide
Foxhill Manor 5 rooms from £295Broadway (The Cotswolds)
Private manor-house hotel in the Cotswolds, with eight stately bedrooms and suites. A Grade II listed manor offering pure luxury served with heartfelt personal service and an easygoing at-home atmosphere. 24 hours a day service from a personal host. Hundreds of country activities.House party feel - Exclusive Hire available5* Luxury - Very high service standards.LuxurySights nearby - Explore the chocolate box villages and pretty historic towns of the CotswoldsRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith