Search the best hotels in Worcestershire
Worcestershire, a lush county of rolling hills and deep green fields perched on either side of the M5 motorway, has much to recommend a visit. Book a room in one of the best places to stay in Worcestershire during springtime and you’ll find apple and pear orchards spilling delicately scented pink and white blossom over paths and country roads. Head to a gastropub and tuck into freshly picked asparagus from the Vale of Evesham, served dripping with warm hollandaise sauce, and wander off on splendid walks into the remains of ancient woodlands scattered across the countryside.
The city of Worcester has plenty of fascinating history to explore, including the cathedral – though it’s best to plan out a trip in advance so you don't find yourself ambling around the less attractive bits of the modern city centre.
And then there’s the beautiful Malvern Hills in the south of the county, offering great hiking, riding and cycling, and the Elgar Route, a circular drive taking in more than 40 places associated with the composer's life and music, including his Birthplace at Lower Broadheath.
Admire the extravagant villas of Great Malvern, tumbling down the eastern skirts of the hills, as well as the lovely stained-glass window dedicated to the composer in Worcester cathedral. What's more, be sure to take in the extraordinary views from those nine, round-topped Malvern Hills that rise without prelude, like a child's painting, from the Severn plain below.
Broadway is a good base if you plan to take in the Cotswolds. It's charmingly pretty town in its own right, with plenty of boutique shops, galleries and eateries and it's right on the region's northern edge with easy access to all of its highlights.
What Not To Miss
- Be sure to visit the stunning Worcester Cathedral, built by the Normans and rising majestically over the River Severn. Featuring glorious architecture, their informative tours will elucidate the place's rich history and you can even visit the tomb of St John!
- Tudor House Museum, set in a 16th Century building, has a number of exhibits not only on focussing on the Tudor times but also including a display on WWII. What's more, it's completely free!
- Enjoy a family picnic in Gheluvelt Park before heading off on a walk, enjoying a game of tennis or letting the kids play in the splash pad. A tranquil spot.
- Spend the day at West Midland Safari and Leisure Park, home to a number of exotic creatures including giraffes, tigers and penguins. Drive around at your own pace and you can even feed the friendlier ones as they come up to your car to say hello!
All our Worcestershire collections:
The best places to stay in Worcestershire are an eclectic bunch, which means that there really is something for everyone, whether you're looking for a luxurious country house hotel or a chic little B&B.
The best places to stay in Worcestershire
- The Elms - a luxury bolthole for the whole family with Ofsted approved nannies, activities galore and a grown up spa and restaurant for the adults.
- Brockencote Hall oozes understated elegance. Set amid 70 acres of parkland it offers lovely views and fishing on site, plus superb food in the restaurant.
- Eckington Manor offers luxury accommodation and is also the home of an acclaimed cookery school. Attention to detail is evident everywhere and, as you would expect, breakfast is delicious!
- Foxhill Manor, a Grade II listed building, boasts chic and luxurious rooms with wonderful views. The estate also offers a variety of activities so you'll never find yourself bored!
- The Cottage in the Wood boasts one of the most spectacular locations of any hotel in the UK, perched on a plateau in the Malvern hills. It also has a great restaurant.
- Treherne House boasts stylish accommodation featuring a variety of antique furnishings and a self-catering Coach House. With award-winning breakfasts and wonderful scenery close by, it's a lovely spot for a romantic country getaway.
- Abbots Grange is a charming B&B set in a picturesque historical building. Their elegant rooms feature four posters and bespoke furnishings - a wonderfully romantic spot! Great walking trails in the surrounding area.
- Harrowfields is tiny; just one bedroom. Nonetheless, if you can manage to get some availability it is a very classy outfit with elegant interiors, charming hosts and beautiful gardens.
- The Old Country House is a 15th Century part timbered farmhouse. The spacious bedrooms are full of character and the organic, aga cooked breakfast is served up at the big round kitchen table.
- Windrush House is a great find in the ever popular Broadway. Rooms have been stylishly refurbished and the welcome is very warm.
- Talbot Inn is a 19th Century coaching inn located in the Teme Valley. Offering seven stylish bedrooms with a rustic chic vibe, there's also a cosy bar and great food.
- The Royal Forester Inn is more of a pub with rooms, but a very chic one at that, with slate tiled bathrooms and sisal clad floors.
- The Fish, set amidst a 400 acre estate, offers Scandi-chic modern accommodation as well as an individual farmhouse with 8 bedrooms which is ideal for groups. Plenty of activities on offer ranging from archery to quad biking to a more conventional option, tennis.
For An Apartment Or Cottage
- If you think that a self-catering option would best suit your needs then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- The best time to visit is during the summer, with the average daily temperature climbing to 19°C in July and August.
- However this is peak season and so you can expect prices to be higher than at other times of the year, though it's hardly ever overcrowded with tourists.
- International visitors can fly into Birmingham Airport, located 35 miles from Worcester. From here, you can either take the train or the bus on towards your destination.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars. And if you really want to get around the county, having your own transport will make life much easier!
Still Not Sure?
Best Hotels in Worcestershire
Old Country House 3 rooms from £65Mathon, Worcestershire
A charmingly quaint property full of character set on a 220 acre plot. Cosy rooms featuring old beams and chintz fabrics. The garden is glorious and the wholesome locally sourced breakfasts are served around table by the Aga. A quintessentially British country escape in an Area of Natural Beauty.Country Escape - A stunning old property packed full of quintessential British charm from its flower filled gardens, to its cosy bedrooms.Great walks - Head out to the surrounding countryside or head further a field to the Malvern Hills for a longer walk.Romantic - Good for couples.Quirky - An experience!Recommended by - Sawdays
Hogarths Stone Manor 56 rooms from £71Kidderminster, Worcestershire
A luxurious Country House designed by the architect behind Liberty’s departments store. Contemporary design throughout is plush, bordering on extravagant. Spacious rooms are wonderfully comfortable and the restaurant serves up exemplary fare. Ideal for spoiling weekends away.Country Escape - A luxury country abode with its own beautiful parkland and fantastic food.Great walks - Take long walks through the pristine Wye Valley.Sights nearby - Visit the majestic Worcester cathedral.Opulent
Windrush House 5 rooms from £80Broadway, Worcestershire
A guesthouse that sets itself very high standards, impeccably run by friendly owners. Five stylishly designed rooms with feature pretty wallpaper and antique furniture. Indulgent British breakfasts on offer. Lovely gardens to relax in. Well located to explore this lovely corner of the UK.Local exploring - Ideal base for exploring the pretty Cotswolds.Country Escape - A stylish country house with charming owners.Great walks - From the doorstep walk the quintessentially pretty countryside.Sights nearby - Visit Stanway House, Sudeley Castle and Broadway Tower.
The Cottage in the Wood Hotel 30 rooms from £84Malvern Wells, Worcestershire
Family run country house hotel on a plateau in the Malvern hills. Stunning views over the Severn Valley. Lovely restaurant onsite.Views - Great views from hotelSecluded setting - For escaping.Outstanding locationGreat walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Talbot Inn 7 rooms from £85Newnham Bridge, Worcestershire
Revamped 19th century coaching inn in the beautiful Teme Valley. Seven individually designed bedrooms offer stylish and spacious accommodation, with a "rustic chic" vibe. The bar is cosy and welcoming and the food is highly recommended. The perfect base for some local exploring & great walks too.Local markets - Explore the nearby market towns of Ludlow, Leominster and Tenbury WellsGreat walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - Michelin Travel
Royal Forester Inn 7 rooms from £87Nr Bewdley, Worcestershire
A refurbished historic coaching inn facing the Wyre Forest. Modern rooms feature brightly painted walls, comfy beds and pop art. A traditionally British restaurant and bar boasts open fireplaces, wooden floors and exposed red brick walls. A quaint country escape.Families - Ideal for a family holiday with your pooch- with family suites, great food, and extensive activities such as biking and hiking.Great walks - Enjoy long walks with your dog through the picturesque Wyre Forest.Quirky - An experience!Traditional
Huntlands Farm B&B 5 rooms from £90Worcester, Worcestershire
A charming redbrick farmhouse offering far stretching views across the farm's surrounding fields. Quaint rooms are traditional in style with antique furniture, fireplaces and the best have free standing baths. The hosts offer indulgent breakfasts and superb three course meals on request.Country Escape - Surrounded by fields filled with cows and chickens pecking in the garden this is a real rural retreat.Sights nearby - Visit the 12th-century Worcester Cathedral which is home to King John’s tomb and the Magna Carta.Great walks - Take long walks through the Malvern Hills, an Area of Oustanding Natural Beauty.Restrictions on children - Children over 10 are welcomedRecommended by - Sawdays
The Wood Norton 50 rooms from £91Evesham, Worcestershire
A historic Country House that has seen everything from royalty to the BBC frequent its corridors. Now a luxury hotel boasting a fabulous location between the Cotswolds and the Malvern Hills. Traditionally designed throughout - expect antiques, fireplaces, local artworks and a superb restaurant.Country Escape - Boasting an enviable location situated between two Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty.Great walks - Discover the beauty of the Cotswolds and the Malvern Hills on long rambles.Sights nearby - Explore the quaint yellow sandstone villages of the Cotswolds.Secluded setting - For escaping.
Harrowfields 3 rooms from £95Eckington, Worcestershire
A pretty 17th century cottage with plenty of character and a warm welcome between Worcester and Tewkesbury. Modern rooms with a traditional feel - chintz fabrics, cast iron beds and wood burner stoves. Breakfasts are made with fresh eggs straight from the garden. An ideal country escape.Country Escape - This charming B&B is the epitome of a quaint country cottage, with all the homely features of staying with a friend.Great walks - Lovely walks from the property through the village of Eckington, or the Worcestershire countryside.Sights nearby - Climb Bredon Hill and check out the small stone tower called Parsons Folly at it's summit.Traditional
The Fish 67 rooms from £125Worcestershire
A hotel sitting in 400 acre estate, close to Stratford and the Cotswolds. Laid back and modern with cosy touches. Restaurant, bar with fireplace plus lots of outdoor activities from archery to segway safaris. A cool choice for weekend getaways for groups or young couples.Groups - Endless activities (can be taylored) from archery to baking classes to keep everyone happySights nearby - Cheltenham is just over 30 minutes’ drive. Stratford is 15miles away.Great walks - Hotel sits in the heart of the 400-acre Farncombe EstateViews - On the edge of Cotswold country, yours to explore
Treherne House 4 rooms from £125Malvern, Worcestershire
Treherne House is located just outside Great Malvern. This property offers stylish and elegant accommodation featuring various antique furnishings as well as a self-catering Coach House, The Malvern Retreat is ideal for groups! Award-winning breakfasts are simply wonderful. A lovely tranquil spot.Active Holiday - Treherne House offers an array of activities to get you out enjoying your surroundingsCountry Escape - Great Malvern is situated in an area of stunning natural beautyGreat walks - Head off on long hikes through the Malvern Hills Area of Outstanding National BeautyBirdwatching - The garden at Treherne House is home to a wide variety of bird species!
Abbots Grange 4 rooms from £135Broadway
A delightful B&B in the Cotswolds, brimming with historical charm. Each room is elegantly appointed with magnificent four poster beds and bespoke furnishings. With sprawling Cotswold's countryside on the doorstep, it's ideal for a romantic weekend escape.Country Escape - An ideal country escape with plush fourposter beds and plenty of Worcestershire and Cotswold landscape to explore.Great walks - Make the most of the beautiful walking trails and landscapes in the surrounding Cotswolds.Sights nearby - Take a day trip to nearby Stratford-Upon-Avon, the home of William Shakespeare.Traditional
Brockencote Hall 21 rooms from £140nr Kidderminster, Worcestershire
French style chateau hotel set in 70 acres of parkland with a lake. Understated elegance, discreet service, and a restaurant that serves fabulous food.HoneymoonsFishing - On the lake at the hotelSecluded setting - For escaping.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays, Michelin Travel, Small Luxury Hotels
Eckington Manor 15 rooms from £150Eckington, Worcestershire
Gorgeous restored timber-framed farmhouse come B&B nestled in the Avon valleys. Luxurious, chic rooms with private bathrooms overlook the working farmland and gardens. Food is at the heart of the Manor, with diverse and imaginative menus, farm-to-fork ethos and an established cookery school.Country Escape - A romantic country getaway in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, plenty of walking on the Bredon and Malvern Hills.Foodies - Eckington Manor’s state of the art cookery school teaches cooks the story of food: from garden fork to dinner fork.Cooking classes - Acclaimed cookery school on site, brush up on your culinary skills and learn about the importance of local produce.Sights nearby - Check out the local Georgian market town of Pershore, with artisan shops, restaurants and even a theatre.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Sawdays, Good Hotel Guide
The Elms 23 rooms from £150Abberley, Worcestershire
A family haven with plenty to do. Luxurious backdrops for parents. Spa, sauna, award-winning restaurant.Child friendlySwimming Pool - Two Lovely PoolsSpa - Mud-therapy roomCooking classes - For childrenRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Michelin Travel
East House 4 rooms from £185Broadway
A luxury B&B in one of the most beautiful Cotswold villages. Four elegant rooms are individually styled - some with four posters, some with a fireplace and all with fabulous bathrooms. Welcoming hosts, excellent breakfasts and a cosy lounge this is a perfect spot for a romantic weekend break.Country Escape - A gorgeous country house in an equally beautiful Cotswolds village. Ideal for a country break.Great walks - Discover the Cotswolds countryside on long rambles.Restrictions on children - Adult onlyRomantic - Good for couples.
Lygon Arms 86 rooms from £200Broadway (Worcestershire)
Steeped in history, this inn has a comfortably inviting interior and all the offerings of a contemporary hotel that will appeal to all ages. Great getaway for romantic weekenders, good base for families as well as walkers wanting understated luxury.Local exploring - An historic inn in an historic village well placed to explore the beautiful Cotswolds.Great walks - Take long walks through the picturesque countryside.Swimming Pool - Indoor poolRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Lowerfield Farm 8 rooms from £200Broadway
A quaint farmhouse nestled in a secluded spot in the picturesque Cotswolds. Traditionally styled rooms are simply dressed with a few choice antiques, chintz curtains and soft hues. Expect roaring fires, indulgent breakfasts, long country walks and a warm welcome.Country Escape - A remote farmhouse in the beautiful Cotswold countryside, ideal for weekend escapes.Sights nearby - Visit the north Cotswold villages known for their yellow stone houses and quintessentially British feelGreat walks - Take long walks through the picturesque countryside surrounding the farm.Secluded setting - For escaping.
The Broadway Hotel 19 rooms from £250Broadway
A charming small hotel in a pretty Cotswold village. Traditional design throughout has an underlying horse racing theme inspired by the nearby racecourse. Boasting a fantastic brasserie serving up contemporary British fare. A fabulous base for exploring the region.Country Escape - An inviting rural property packed full of quintessental British charm.Great walks - Find miles of picturesque countryside trails to be explored including the Cotswold Way.Sights nearby - Make a trip to the historic Broadway Tower.Full of characterRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide