Search the best hotels in Worcestershire
Worcestershire is lush county, of rolling hills and deep green fields, perched on either side of the M5. The Malvern Hills are a region ripe for exploring on foot - or on a bike or horseback, and one of the set places to stay in Worcestershire if you’re looking to this county for a rural escape. Worcester, its country town, is packed with sites of historic, literary, and architectural interest, from the imposing Worcester Cathedral to the well-preserved Commandery museum; and is one of the best places to stay in Worcestershire if you want to see historic sites and architecture. Great Lavern is idyllic for extravagant villas and extraordinary views; and Broadway, in the Cotswolds, is a charmingly pretty town of boutique shops, galleries and eateries and it's right on the region's northern edge with easy access to all of its highlights.
If you book a room in one of the best places to stay in Worcestershire in spring you’ll find pear and apple orchards spilling delicately scented pink and white blossom over paths and country roads. Head to a gastropub and tuck into freshly picked asparagus from the Vale of Evesham, served dripping with warm hollandaise sauce, and wander off on splendid walks into the remains of ancient woodlands scattered across the countryside.
Norman-built Worcester Cathedral is a treasure in all seasons, and spectacularly beautiful when lit up in its Christmas attire. In summer our Gurus enjoy Gheluvelt Park and the West Midland Safari and Leisure Park.
The Best Places to Stay in Worcestershire
Country House Hotels
- Buckland Manor is a charming old manor, set on ten acres of peaceful, beautiful grounds with waterfalls, rose beds and a croquet lawn - just outside of Broadway. There are thirteen rooms inside, as well as several lovely sitting rooms and a dining room where men are required to wear a jacket and tie. Old fashioned civility and lovely service.
- Brockencote Hall is a surprisingly French-chateau-looking country house hotel, set on 70 acres of parkland that includes several fishing lakes. Guests still aren’t far from the Malvern Hills or Worcester Cathedral. The 21 rooms are carefully decorated with discreet country chic, and the hall’s restaurant is an impressive affair, focussed on local, season produce. If you have a minute why not consider a game of tennis?
For a Country Escape
- Outside of Worcester, and a cut above in terms of luxury, is the magnificent Stanbrook Abbey Hotel, a beautiful property set in and alongside a Grade II-listed 16th century monastery - complete with stone cloisters and stained glass windows. With its private chapel and standalone five bedroom Georgian manor house, it's a great option for groups or parties. Rooms and suites in the original 19th century Pugin building (attached to the monastery) retain period features, while there's more of a contemporary feel in the adjacent modern block. This is a great country getaway for history lovers. It also offers excellent dining.
- Eckington Manor is a painstakingly restored, timber-framed, Tudor farmhouse, B&B and cookery school. Food is the main event here, with the majority of what’s served coming straight from the manor’s farm. The menu is imaginative too - aside from breakfast, which is your classic of the freshest possible eggs, freshly baked bread and perfectly salted bacon. There are 15 rooms and suites, decorated with style and a good collection of antiques.
- The Cottage in the Wood is a 32 room country house hotel in the Malvern Hills, with incredible views over the Severn Valley. Its 32 rooms and suites are spread between the Main House, the Coach House and the Beech House, and all offer stylish, contemporary decor, modern art, antiques, statement colours, and plenty of space. Its 1919 Restaurant serves delicious country food, rated 2 AA Rosettes.
- The Manor at Abberley is an utterly charming and historic, six bedroom restaurant-with-rooms in pretty Abberley. Close to the Malvern Hills, and the dramatic ruins of Witley Court. Some of these rooms have charming original features, like exposed beams and pitched ceilings, while some are more contemporary. The restaurant offers both casual pub fare and fine dining. Great for walkers.
- The delightfully named Cardinal's Hat is an historic pub next to Worcester Cathedral, so if you don't like being woken by bells on a Sunday, look away now! Downstairs, an atmospheric wood-panelled bar features a roaring fire and local ales and is popular with locals, while upstairs there are six boutique bedrooms, the best of which feature heavy four-posters and in-room tubs. It's a great hideaway, full of character and centrally located.
- For something more modern, but still in Worcester, Upstairs at 33 is a modern restoration of an ancient building. Bedrooms feature large sash windows, oversized headboards, exposed beams, and stylish velvet armchairs, in contemporary styling. Downstairs is Fred's, an English deli for breakfast and light meals, while all the main sites are on your doorstep.
- Russell's of Broadway is a chic seven-room restaurant-with-rooms almost right on The Cotswolds Way walking trail. The building is a historic charmer, but the rooms have comfortable modern decor with luxurious touches.
- Treherne House is an adults-only, four bedroom escape just outside of Great Malvern. Peaceful and stylish, this is a great spot for walkers, explorers, readers and relaxers. The breakfast is really something too. And idyllic country getaway.
- The Lygon Arms in Broadway is a gorgeous old coaching inn in the centre of town, with a history that dates back as far as 1377. It was been well and truly overhauled since then and now offers a good range of comfortable rooms and suites, all done in a contemporary classic style. The restaurant has a great reputation and there's a fabulous spa with an impressive, pillar-surrounded indoor heated pool (with retractable roof for warm summer days), sauna, steam room and wide range of treatments using Elemis and Oskia products.
- The Royal Forester Inn is a nicely refurbished old coaching inn, located just outside the Wyre Forest. There are seven modern rooms with comfy beds and pop art, plus a traditional British restaurant and bar and big open fireplaces. Quaint, and great for families and dogs!
- The Elms is a proper escape for families, complete with Ofsted approved nannies, a fantastic range of activities you can do as a family, and some treats for both kids and parents. It’s an elegant building in a beautiful spot, surrounded by lush grounds and gardens, with 23 rooms, and an air of laidback comfort. There’s also a trampoline; a family pool - and a spa for adults, complete with a mud therapy room; art and cooking classes; and a man who comes in regularly with a sort of animal petting zoo. The bar and restaurant are very elegant, and the latter has a 2 AA Rosette award.
- The Fish is a cleverly imagined hotel, converted from a conference centre just outside of Broadway. It now has 67 hotel rooms, plus a stand-alone farmhouse with eight ensuite bedrooms - ideal for larger groups. The decor is in pale neutrals, with well chosen pieces of furniture, and stylish details. From the Junior Suites up, the rooms come with a wood-burner and a private patio. The restaurant is relaxed and friendly, and there’s loads to do on the surrounding estate, from archery to segway safaris.
For Cotswolds Charm
- The Broadway Hotel offer the quintessential Cotswolds village stay, complete with diamond window panes, cascades of wisteria, ancient oak beams, vast hearths, and just the right amount of chintz. The 19 rooms and suites are individually decorated, with an interesting selection of wallpapers and printed fabrics, and original features left on show. Downstairs is a brasserie serving a contemporary British menu.
For Great Value
- The Old Infirmary is in the centre of the Worcester, part of a building dating from 1745, which has been converted into six self catering studios. Space is generous — each of the six studios has a comfortable sitting area and a small stylish kitchenette — while retaining many original features such as exposed beams and wooden floors. Though short on amenities, it's full of character and offers a good value base in the heart of the city.
- For great value in Broadway try Windrush House, a five-room guesthouse run by owners who're keen to make you feel as well looked after as possible. Each room has different decor, so make sure you look at a few.
- The Wood Norton is an historic country house hotel, in an excellent spot between the Cotswolds and the Malvern Hills. The Wood Norton has 50 rooms and suites, the most luxurious of which have wood panelling and window-seats with views over the lawns. Expect original details, antiques, and a superb restaurant
- Abbots Grange is a wonderfully picturesque and historic B&B in pretty Broadway. Surrounded by lovely gardens, their romantic and elegantly decorated rooms feature four posters and bespoke furnishings. An intimate getaway.
- East House is a luxurious B&b in Broadway, converted from a house made of yellow Cotswolds stone, and complete with oak beams, stone coving and an array of chimneys. The accommodation comprises four bedrooms, all of them spacious, but one has a four-poster bed, as well as a gracious fireplace and a free-standing bath. There’s a cosy lounge, and a charming breakfast room where an excellent breakfast is served too. Adults only.
Prefer a Private Apartment or Cottage?
- If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- Depending on your exact destination the most convenient airports for visits to Worcestershire are Birmingham and London’s Heathrow, Gatwick, or London City Airport. Birmingham is well connected by rail for any onward travel, and some of Worcestershire’s larger centres have direct trains to-and-from London too.
- If you want to hire a car we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars.
- Worcestershire has the same variable weather as the rest of the UK, so if you’re looking for mild weather then you need to visit during the summer months. A lot of visitors have the same idea, though, so this is the busiest time too.
Still not sure where to stay?
- You could refine your search? and consider just the best places to stay in Worcester? or even Broadway, in the Cotswolds?
- Or you could expand your search to include the best places to stay in the Cotswolds?
- Or you could refine your search by the type of accommodation you’re looking for? and consider just the best pubs-with-rooms in Worcestershire, for example?
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in Worcestershire
Best Hotels in Worcestershire
Old Country House Mathon, Worcestershire 3 rooms from £65Country Escape - A stunning old property packed full of quintessential British charm from its flower filled gardens, to its cosy bedrooms.Great walks - Head out to the surrounding countryside or head further a field to the Malvern Hills for a longer walk.Full of characterRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Sawdays
A charmingly quaint property full of character set on a 220 acre plot. Cosy rooms featuring old beams and chintz fabrics. The garden is glorious and the wholesome locally sourced breakfasts are served around table by the Aga. A quintessentially British country escape in an Area of Natural Beauty. See More
Hogarths Stone Manor Kidderminster, Worcestershire 56 rooms from £71Country Escape - A luxury country abode with its own beautiful parkland and fantastic food.Great walks - Take long walks through the pristine Wye Valley.Sights nearby - Visit the majestic Worcester cathedral.Romantic - Good for couples.
A luxurious Country House designed by the architect behind Liberty’s departments store. Contemporary design throughout is plush, bordering on extravagant. Spacious rooms are wonderfully comfortable and the restaurant serves up exemplary fare. Ideal for spoiling weekends away. See More
Windrush House Broadway, Worcestershire 5 rooms from £80Local exploring - Ideal base for exploring the pretty Cotswolds.Country Escape - A stylish country house with charming owners.Great walks - From the doorstep walk the quintessentially pretty countryside.Sights nearby - Visit Stanway House, Sudeley Castle and Broadway Tower.
A guesthouse that sets itself very high standards, impeccably run by friendly owners. Five stylishly designed rooms with feature pretty wallpaper and antique furniture. Indulgent British breakfasts on offer. Lovely gardens to relax in. Well located to explore this lovely corner of the UK. See More
The Cardinal's Hat Worcester 6 rooms from £83City Style - A beautiful historic pub complete with six boutique rooms the best of which feature four postersLocal exploring - Perfectly positioned near the city's cathedral. Ideal for exploring the city by footSights nearby - Take the 5 minute stroll to admire the city's impressive cathedralAdult OnlyRecommended by - Sawdays
Diglis House Hotel Worcester 29 rooms from £85Restaurant - The Conservatory Restaurant is Worcester’s only riverside dining experience and it serves elegant seasonal British fareFamilies - Three of the suites sleep four plus there's a very child friendly atmosphere and a large garden for kids to roam free inValue chic - With an elegant traditional feel, a central location, and rooms offered well below £100 — this is a well-priced staySights nearby - Worcester Cathedral, Worcester Racecourse and Worcestershire County Cricket Club are all within easy reach of the hotel
A traditional hotel boasting an enviable spot on River Severn's banks in the city centre. Rooms range from singles to spacious suites; each has large sash windows, high ceilings, and antiques. A very good restaurant serves seasonal British fare and there's a gym and a large garden. An elegant stay. See More
Royal Forester Inn Nr Bewdley, Worcestershire 7 rooms from £87Families - Ideal for a family holiday with your pooch- with family suites, great food, and extensive activities such as biking and hiking.Great walks - Enjoy long walks with your dog through the picturesque Wyre Forest.Full of characterRestaurant - Recommended.
Huntlands Farm B&B Worcester, Worcestershire 5 rooms from £90Country Escape - Surrounded by fields filled with cows and chickens pecking in the garden this is a real rural retreat.Sights nearby - Visit the 12th-century Worcester Cathedral which is home to King John’s tomb and the Magna Carta.Great walks - Take long walks through the Malvern Hills, an Area of Oustanding Natural Beauty.Restrictions on children - Children over 10 are welcomedRecommended by - Sawdays
A charming redbrick farmhouse offering far stretching views across the farm's surrounding fields. Quaint rooms are traditional in style with antique furniture, fireplaces and the best have free standing baths. The hosts offer indulgent breakfasts and superb three course meals on request. See More
Upstairs at 33 Worcester 5 rooms from £90Value chic - Boutique-chic suites designed combining traditional & modern styles. With rates starting below £100, this is very well pricedLocal exploring - Well set in a central (yet quiet) location. A short stroll from the high street, restaurants, bars, and historic attractionsGroups - The property takes group bookings making this an ideal option to rent out in its entirety for groups up to ten peopleRestaurant - Breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea is served at Fred’s of Worcester — an English Deli offering fresh, farm-to-table food
A small all-suite hotel set in the heart of historic Worcester. Each suite is individually styled but all blend the old and the new. Think large sash windows, oversized headboards, exposed beams, and stylish velvet armchairs. Downstairs is an English deli and the main sites are a stroll away. See More
The Manor at Abberley Worcester, Worcestershire 6 rooms from £90Romantic Break - With its secluded setting, roaring fires and charming rooms with the option of a freestanding bath — this is ideal for couplesRestaurant - From pub classics to three-course fine dining and a traditional Sunday lunch — the restaurant is a locally popular spotCountry Escape - Enjoy hearty fare after a day spent in the pretty Malvern Hills — a quintessential rural British getawayGreat walks - Take gentle ambles or longer hikes through the picturesque Malvern Hills
A charming restaurant with rooms in the pretty rural village of Abberley. Interiors feel boutique-chic with original features such as exposed beams set alongside simple wood furniture and modern luxuries. The restaurant offers both casual pub fare and fine dining. A chic rural getaway. See More
The Wood Norton Evesham, Worcestershire 50 rooms from £91Country Escape - Boasting an enviable location situated between two Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty.Great walks - Discover the beauty of the Cotswolds and the Malvern Hills on long rambles.Sights nearby - Explore the quaint yellow sandstone villages of the Cotswolds.Full of character
A historic Country House that has seen everything from royalty to the BBC frequent its corridors. Now a luxury hotel boasting a fabulous location between the Cotswolds and the Malvern Hills. Traditionally designed throughout - expect antiques, fireplaces, local artworks and a superb restaurant. See More
Old Infirmary Worcester 6 rooms from £95Self catering - Each studio has a modern kitchen, living rooms, and housekeeping is provided once a week — ideal for long or short staysChic - Interiors have been sensitively updated, original features remain but now there are velvet sofas and stylish kitchenettesLocal exploring - Well set in Worcester's historic centre, close to historic attractions plus the high street shops, bars, and restaurantsHistoric - Originally an Infirmary dating back to 1745/6 and considered a very rare survival from the time
A collection of six self-catering studios set in a historic Infirmary dating back to 1745. Interiors have been carefully updated; characterful original features remain such as exposed beams and wooden floors but now there are chic velvet sofas, kitchens & Netflix. Ideal for independent travellers. See More
Harrowfields Eckington, Worcestershire 3 rooms from £95Country Escape - This charming B&B is the epitome of a quaint country cottage, with all the homely features of staying with a friend.Great walks - Lovely walks from the property through the village of Eckington, or the Worcestershire countryside.Sights nearby - Climb Bredon Hill and check out the small stone tower called Parsons Folly at it's summit.Full of character
A pretty 17th century cottage with plenty of character and a warm welcome between Worcester and Tewkesbury. Modern rooms with a traditional feel - chintz fabrics, cast iron beds and wood burner stoves. Breakfasts are made with fresh eggs straight from the garden. An ideal country escape. See More
The Cottage in the Wood Hotel Malvern Wells, Worcestershire 32 rooms from £119Views - Spectacular views over the Severn Valley from its elevated positionCountry EscapeRestaurant - 1919 Restaurant & Bar is open all day and has been awarded 2 AA RosettesGreat walks - This is fabulous walking country with trails in all directionsRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
The Fish Worcestershire 67 rooms from £125Groups - Endless activities (can be taylored) from archery to baking classes to keep everyone happySights nearby - Cheltenham is just over 30 minutes’ drive. Stratford is 15miles away.Great walks - Hotel sits in the heart of the 400-acre Farncombe EstateViews - On the edge of Cotswold country, yours to explore
A hotel sitting in 400 acre estate, close to Stratford and the Cotswolds. Laid back and modern with cosy touches. Restaurant, bar with fireplace plus lots of outdoor activities from archery to segway safaris. A cool choice for weekend getaways for groups or young couples. See More
Treherne House Malvern, Worcestershire 4 rooms from £125Active Holiday - Treherne House offers an array of activities to get you out enjoying your surroundingsCountry Escape - Great Malvern is situated in an area of stunning natural beautyGreat walks - Head off on long hikes through the Malvern Hills Area of Outstanding National BeautyBirdwatching - The garden at Treherne House is home to a wide variety of bird species!
Treherne House is located just outside Great Malvern. This property offers stylish and elegant accommodation featuring various antique furnishings as well as a self-catering Coach House, The Malvern Retreat is ideal for groups! Award-winning breakfasts are simply wonderful. A lovely tranquil spot. See More
Abbots Grange Broadway 4 rooms from £135Country Escape - An ideal country escape with plush fourposter beds and plenty of Worcestershire and Cotswold landscape to explore.Great walks - Make the most of the beautiful walking trails and landscapes in the surrounding Cotswolds.Sights nearby - Take a day trip to nearby Stratford-Upon-Avon, the home of William Shakespeare.Full of character
Brockencote Hall nr Kidderminster, Worcestershire 21 rooms from £140HoneymoonsFishing - On the lake at the hotelTennis - Court onsiteOutstanding locationRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays, Michelin Travel, Small Luxury Hotels
Eckington Manor Eckington, Worcestershire 15 rooms from £150Country Escape - A romantic country getaway in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, plenty of walking on the Bredon and Malvern Hills.Foodies - Eckington Manor’s state of the art cookery school teaches cooks the story of food: from garden fork to dinner fork.Cooking classes - Acclaimed cookery school on site, brush up on your culinary skills and learn about the importance of local produce.Sights nearby - Check out the local Georgian market town of Pershore, with artisan shops, restaurants and even a theatre.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Sawdays, Good Hotel Guide
Gorgeous restored timber-framed farmhouse come B&B nestled in the Avon valleys. Luxurious, chic rooms with private bathrooms overlook the working farmland and gardens. Food is at the heart of the Manor, with diverse and imaginative menus, farm-to-fork ethos and an established cookery school. See More
The Elms Abberley, Worcestershire 23 rooms from £150Child friendlySpa - Mud-therapy roomSwimming Pool - Two Lovely PoolsCooking classes - For childrenRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Michelin Travel
Stanbrook Abbey Worcester 70 rooms from £153Families - Five-bed stand-alone family-friendly Manor House - with kitchen, snug, dining room & parlour - can be rented in its entiretyHistoric - Built by Pugin, the Grade II-listed 16th dramatic century monastery features stone cloisters & gothic stained-glass windowsWeddings - Say your vows in the original chapel before partying in the Manor House or expansive grounds - this is epic wedding stuffCountry Escape - Well-connected & easy to reach, yet offers an authentic grand country house weekend experience
Luxury hotel set on the grounds of a stunning 16th-century abbey. Rooms & suites with period features are spread over the original building & newer block, there's also a Georgian manor house. Beautifully designed spaces deliver special dining experiences. A dream country getaway for history lovers. See More
East House Broadway 4 rooms from £185Country Escape - A gorgeous country house in an equally beautiful Cotswolds village. Ideal for a country break.Great walks - Discover the Cotswolds countryside on long rambles.Restrictions on children - Adult onlyRomantic - Good for couples.
A luxury B&B in one of the most beautiful Cotswold villages. Four elegant rooms are individually styled - some with four posters, some with a fireplace and all with fabulous bathrooms. Welcoming hosts, excellent breakfasts and a cosy lounge this is a perfect spot for a romantic weekend break. See More
Lowerfield Farm Broadway 8 rooms from £200Country Escape - A remote farmhouse in the beautiful Cotswold countryside, ideal for weekend escapes.Sights nearby - Visit the north Cotswold villages known for their yellow stone houses and quintessentially British feelGreat walks - Take long walks through the picturesque countryside surrounding the farm.Full of character
The Broadway Hotel Broadway 19 rooms from £250Country Escape - An inviting rural property packed full of quintessental British charm.Great walks - Find miles of picturesque countryside trails to be explored including the Cotswold Way.Sights nearby - Make a trip to the historic Broadway Tower.Full of characterRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide